Awoo.

Iizuka saying that Metal Sonic will not be in Sonic Colors, but something else, possibly new, is.

soinici

Super Sonic pretty much confirmed then. Sweet! :D

Urgh. Can we not have one game that doesn't end with ol' Super smashing the Villain of the Week? Going Super / Hyper / Darkspine / Excalibur for the final boss is gettin' old.

Solve your own problems, Sonic. Don't rely on the neighbourhood Magical Plot Coupon every time. :|

So people are actually satisfied with the wisps and don't ask for an option not to use it and they get one. Sonic 4 has people screaming for an option not to play with the homing attack adn they don't care.

Colours + Wisps =/= 'Allegedly Retro Genesis-Style Game' + 'Decidedly Un-Genesis Moves'. The objections to the homing attack arose exclusively because it was being implemented in a game which shouldn't, by its very nature, have needed it.

So where's the whole "if you don't like it, don't use it" argument now ? "sigh

Presumably no-one's trying that because they realised it's a stupid argument. If you have to insert your own self-imposed challenges into a game, then you're doing work that you paid the game designers to do for you - namely, make a game that isn't a homing-spam cakewalk.

Yes, while it's nice that they want to make the Wisps optional, according to that video it doesn't look like that will be the case. Unless they're planning to change the level design here.

Bear in mind that the person in that video has already drilled (right as the camera moved on screen to focus on the WiiMote too :P), so when they reach that point (at 1:15) that its more along the lines of the expected progression of that path.

Getting the chaos emeralds in levels? Sounds like that's what the coins are for. Even if you simply get the Emerald by just getting the coins and skips over the special stage step (unlike what Sonic Advance 2 did), I'll be pleased, simply because it ensures a lot of replay value will be crammed into each level in addition to the many paths we only had a taste of in the E3 vids. BUT... with that said, I hope we get special stages xD though I don't have high-hopes for a playable Super Sonic. Then again, based on how much of a love letter to the fans this game is turning out to be, it'd be a kickass surprise.

Oh please don't let it be like Advance 2, I don't mind having to go through all the level in search for 5 random coins, but please, don't make me restart the whole level once I lost a life. T_T

It was infuriating, especially in the latter levels. <_<

Hm, that's interesting. It could be a new robot Sonic, since the planetoid doesn't match Metal's usual design. Or not...

Fine by me. I'm not the biggest fan of Metal's current interpretation anyway (especially those stupid noises he's been making since Rivals). Hopefully it's a cooler Sonic robot.

Fine by me. I'm not the biggest fan of Metal's current interpretation anyway (especially those stupid noises he's been making since Rivals). Hopefully it's a cooler Sonic robot.

He also made similar noises in SA2. And I think it's better he doesn't talk.

Also, have fun with Sonic 4.

Sonic made of metal up top, and Eggman made of metal down at the bottom. Hmm.

Sonic-Colours-World-Map-upscaled.png

BONUS NEWS : a fan keeps talking about similarities of sonic colors to super mario galaxy in front of the producer but iizuka rathered to talk about his creation:

Producer Takashi Iizuka may have gently avoided our multiple comparisons to Super Mario Galaxy (a compliment), but he obviously wanted to keep the conversation on his latest creation instead.

source : http://www.playswitch.com/Articles/522bf128-65d6-4a42-9d71-e3fa07daf901

Sonic Colors is intended to be much lighter in tone than some of the past games, with Izuka agreeing that it's much closer thematically to Sonic Heroes than Sonic Unleashed.

:/

This could be the one thing that holds back the game from being fantastic to me. Sonic Heroes was an alright game but the feeling it gave off really turned me off. I really hope Colors feeling isn't too similar.

:/

This could be the one thing that holds back the game from being fantastic to me. Sonic Heroes was an alright game but the feeling it gave off really turned me off. I really hope Colors feeling isn't too similar.

I think he means that its not a dark story line while trying to beat eggman (no shadow no chaos...etc) much like the classics

he doesn't mean the script would be like sonic heroes he just means the story line is as thin as heroes

I'm assuming (read: hoping) that he is referring merely to a lack of seriousness and darkness, and not the quality of the storytelling. If we have to have a "color is awesome" moral shoved down our throats amidst unexplained and unnecessary character squabbles topped off with a cheesy freeze-frame pose at the end of the game, then I'll shoot myself. Let these top-notch script writers and voice actors stretch their legs; Don't do me wrong, Sega. xP

Please no. Not closer to Heroes. Anything but that. Don't do it Sonic Team :(

As long as it's the light-hearted fun of Heroes and not the corniness, I'm cool with it. I'm sure the writers of Madworld and Happy Tree Friends know what they're doing to put together a lighthearted, but fun, story.

Closer to Sonic Heroes is better than being closer to anything that came out after it, so I don't see the problem.

Nah, SU tone was a nice middle ground. SH was an overly cheesy, super kiddy, sugar coated gag fest.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd argue that Unleashed's narrative blend of lightheartedness and seriousness would be the best way to go about things instead of going either Heroes' route or ShtH's route by going too far to either end of the spectrum.

^ What he said. tongue.gif

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 1

Closer to Sonic Heroes is better than being closer to anything that came out after it, so I don't see the problem.
Even if that were true (and in my opinion it's not; I agree with the above about Unleashed, and I'd also throw in the storybook games and the Rushes), Heroes' story certainly isn't something to aspire to. If it were on the same level as Heroes' story, it'd be less shit than '06 and ShtH, but it'd still be shit.

Even if that were true (and in my opinion it's not; I agree with the above about Unleashed, and I'd also throw in the storybook games and the Rushes), Heroes' story certainly isn't something to aspire to. If it were on the same level as Heroes' story, it'd be less shit than '06 and ShtH, but it'd still be shit.

I think Pontac and the other dude have too much dignity to write something SO corny.

They are even writing the story, not just the script. They obviously have a set start, finish and concept to go by, but all the cutscenes in between are writtern by them. I just hope the cutscenes are going to be made after they are written, instead of the other way around (As it sometimes is).

Between Heroes and Unleashed, I think I'd prefer Heroes-style, personally. I can't stand the peppy, 'lighthearted' (...even typing the word makes me want to break my thumbs off, I've seen it thrown around that much), Ages 3+ cartoon style.

That's not to say that Heroes didn't have that style, but it didn't seem to pervade the entire game like it did with Unleashed. Or how I perceived Unleashed. They kept it rather minimal and stuck to their task from receiving Eggman's challenge to the final boss.

This is partly down to the acting, though, so maybe things'll be different with an Unleashed-style story this time. I didn't really like the 'softness' to their voices.

Frankly, given the writers for the game, I don't think we have that much to worry about.

• Thumbs Up 1

Part of how they've done this is by hiring Ken Pontac and Warren Graff to work on the script for the Wii version.

This is implying that theres more then one version. why is that?...

This is implying that theres more then one version. why is that?...

Because there's a DS version.

Because there's a DS version.

Oh right forgot about that version. it was just sonic rush 3 so i written it off as that.

Oh right forgot about that version. it was just sonic rush 3 so i written it off as that.

I thought Sonic 4 was considered Sonic Rush 3? :rolleyes: