Awoo.

Iizuka saying that Metal Sonic will not be in Sonic Colors, but something else, possibly new, is.

soinici

Yeah he did.

A 1:04, he's on a lower route than the main one.

The lower route requires a wisp, because you need a wisp to get down there. Check again. You'll see it.

He could have gone over the part where he was forced to use a wisp.

In any case, its not like its a bad thing. Most people who've played it, said it was fun.

So I ask you; where's the problem?

Jason (Staff of sonic stadium who went to E3) said that the laser wisp will be the first one you get and you get him in tropical resort then you go sweet mountain where you unlock the drill wisp.

in addition at 0:40 of this video you can see a ground and not a place to fall into the place you need to use the drill :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaT7sFr6udM

post-1950-12794565169915_thumb.jpg

any ways here is another confirmation that you don't have to use wisps :

"Colored Wisps added a ton of flavor to the gameplay, but we were told in an impromptu interview that they will not be required to pass every level. You’ll miss out on countless secrets, potential replayablity, and a myriad of rewards but, theoretically, one could play Sonic Colors in its entirety via traditional means. That sort of freedom, or at least the ability to do something other than exactly what the developers intended, had been absent of late Sonic games."

more confirmation that wisps are optional unless you want to unlock every thing.

source : http://digitalchumps.com/component/content/article/142-e3-2010/5252-impressions-sonic-colors-wii.html

Well, when I first saw the trailer for Sonic Colors, it did reminds me a lot of Sonic Heroes.... so the fact that the game will have a tone similar to that game doesn't surprise me.

However, I'm not worried. They wouldn't hire the writers of Madworld if they wanted to write dribble about "teh reel supah powah of teem work!" I believe Iizuka over the representative: they have to be working on a plot with appeal for the kids and adults. Hell, the game as a whole looks a lot more like it's catering to fans of the older games, especially with the increased focus on platforming and robust levels. And I'm still far more excited for Sonic Colors than I am for Sonic 4.

Edited by EXshad

So you unlock Wisps as you go through the game? Giving you incentive to go back and play through the other levels to find new routes with each new Wisp acquired?

But never actually forcing you to?

Is that...sensible game design, in MY 3D Sonic game?

Edited by Nomad_350
  • Thumbs Up 2

So you unlock Wisps as you go through the game? Giving you incentive to go back and play through the other levels to find new routes with each new Wisp acquired?

But never actually forcing you to?

Is that...sensible game design, in MY 3D Sonic game?

It probably will force you to, in a fashion, since those red rings probably all have to be collected in order to obtain the Chaos Emeralds and those are probably necessary to access the final boss. Still, that's a much better situation than UnWiished's missions and especially its rank-based medals.

Well we don't know that for a fact yet do we? They already said that you can complete the game with no Wisp powers at all, didn't they?

I mean, yeah, sure the Red Rings will more than likely end up being 'Special Stage tokens', but at least you're not having a gun held to your head this time to collect them. That's what I meant, more or less.

Speaking of: Are we sure that we won't have to do any type of Medal Hunting this time around? Or will the stages be unlocked as you beat levels? Has that been confirmed or denied yet?

Edited by Nomad_350

Yeah he did.

A 1:04, he's on a lower route than the main one.

The lower route requires a wisp, because you need a wisp to get down there. Check again. You'll see it.

He could have gone over the part where he was forced to use a wisp.

I'm not talking about the Gametrailers video, I'm talking about the one played by a guy who got stuck because he didn't know how to use the colors.

In any case, its not like its a bad thing. Most people who've played it, said it was fun.

So I ask you; where's the problem?

Anyone who played it would have said it was fun. Almost any game can be fun if you're playing it for 5 minutes on the E3 show floor.

And, wow, that's annoying when someone tries to put words into your mouth, isn't it? Did I say anything about a problem? I brought it up because of Iizuka's almost comical tendency to lie during interviews.

I'm not talking about the Gametrailers video, I'm talking about the one played by a guy who got stuck because he didn't know how to use the colors.
Is it this video? 'cause although we don't see it, I'm sure he did use the drill to get in there; you can see him pick up the drill, then the camera pans down to him shaking the Wiimote (which is how wisps are activated), and when the camera comes back up he's in the lower area with no special wisp power.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jason (Staff of sonic stadium who went to E3) said that the laser wisp will be the first one you get and you get him in tropical resort then you go sweet mountain where you unlock the drill wisp.

in addition at 0:40 of this video you can see a ground and not a place to fall into the place you need to use the drill :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaT7sFr6udM

their is ground all over up the pipe line to prevent you from falling.

Is it this video? 'cause although we don't see it, I'm sure he did use the drill to get in there; you can see him pick up the drill, then the camera pans down to him shaking the Wiimote (which is how wisps are activated), and when the camera comes back up he's in the lower area with no special wisp power.

Seems I was incorrect, though I don't recall him finishing the level, I might have just closed it because my internet was doing this thing were it does everything perfectly apart from streaming videos.

Though seeing it again does raise the question of why the drill power didn't work the second time, he should have started drilling instead of boosting.

Though seeing it again does raise the question of why the drill power didn't work the second time, he should have started drilling instead of boosting.
It didn't "work" presumably because he didn't try it (boost is B, other wisp powers are Wiimote waggle). He didn't try it presumably because he's dumb.
  • Thumbs Up 2