Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Are you guys even reading the comment?

She very clearly states, and I quote:

Okay, so we've been sitting on this for over three days now, but we might as well throw it out now so you can be prepared if you look elsewhere and see murmurs of it.

In basic terms, what happened is this; a source (that isn't 4chan, I've seen them talk about it there though) is claiming that the Sonic comic will be completely cancelled soon. This is due to Sonic Boom's failure resulting in SEGA Japan strong-arming the franchise again and wanting to streamline the franchise, with Archie Sonic being an outlier so they've ordered Archie to cease production on it.

As of now, this is just a rumour. Sonic #290 came out today, so it can be assumed nothing's happening in the immediate short term. And as of now, there's no real evidence to indicate this being the situation. So please, don't let it sidetrack discussion, and just assume it's simply hot air (unless something happens in the future that rapidly changes the situation).

I.E: It is hot air, as of now. It is fake. Not real. Phoney. It was said so everyone would know it's a rumor before someone else sees the rumor, goes into panic mode, and starts screaming on the topic that the comic is possibly ending, which would then further send everyone else into panic mode. 

In other words. Calm Down. She literally said there's no evidence, it's just a rumor, and to not worry about it and let it sidetrack discussion.

• Thumbs Up 6

5 hours ago, Ryannnumber1gamer said:

I.E: It is hot air, as of now. It is fake. Not real. Phoney. It was said so everyone would know it's a rumor before someone else sees the rumor, goes into panic mode, and starts screaming on the topic that the comic is possibly ending, which would then further send everyone else into panic mode. 

In other words. Calm Down. She literally said there's no evidence, it's just a rumor, and to not worry about it and let it sidetrack discussion.

So why share it then? This just seems completely unnecessary to even mention if you're absolutely certain it's nothing to worry about.

Just now, SBR2 said:

So why share it then? This just seems completely unnecessary to even mention if you're absolutely certain it's nothing to worry about.

5 hours ago, Ryannnumber1gamer said:

• Thumbs Up 9

People also need to remember. 

We don't post rumours on TSS or SSMB without looking into them and finding stuff to back it up first. 

With this one. Some stuff was discovered to support it, but it's very weak and nobody can outrightly say "Yeah it's definately a thing" even with the supporting evidence. Hence why it's not on the main site.

Now since this was originally posted some of that original supporting material is undermined. Such as the previews coming out despite a noticeable delay. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I just want to say, I LOVE the cosmic eternity variant of 290. The art style of Sonic CD and the Sonic Mega Drive series is easily my favorite art in the entire game and comic series.

She really has some short shorts

Rofl at charms usually I hate him these days from being so annoying but that was funny. Yoink

8 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

LOL, they found the Kingdom Stone!

6 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Rofl at charms usually I hate him these days from being so annoying but that was funny. Yoink

Ian and co. have a talent at turning annoying characters into fan-favorites. See: Silver.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I love how the Riverdale banner pushes the variant cover artwork downward so that the bottom gets cut off.

And by love, I mean dislike intensely.

While a agree with you with, and I really really do. They need to push that show more than you might know.

13 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

While a agree with you with, and I really really do. They need to push that show more than you might know.

That doesn't excuse ruining a cover of a comic that has nothing to do with the show and doesn't even have the same target audience.

22 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

That doesn't excuse ruining a cover of a comic that has nothing to do with the show and doesn't even have the same target audience.

No this isn't excusing them. As an artist ,i hate that. 

I'm just saying, alot more is riding on this show. And the status of archie themselves is still on fire. 

Isn't an excuse, its just that I get why they are doing that. 

• Thumbs Up 2

if anything it feels like they should have at least informed the artists that there was going to be an advertising banner for the show that would be taking up space on the cover art so they could make a smaller then normal cover design.

Who do you guys think are the next team ups for Sonic Universe?

Issue 1: Sonic and Antoine (Sonic 2 cover reference)

Issue 2: Blaze and Bunnie (Sonic Rush cover reference)

Issue 3: ???

Issue 4: ???

It's gonna be a Freedom Fighter and a game character, and it's gonna reference a game cover, so who could it be next? Either a SA2 cover, Generations cover, because there's 2 characters in those. I'd love a Sally & Amy team up, or Sally & Shadow, or even Sally & Rouge. Dunno about Rotor.

If i remember right, the STH#295 cover shows Sally, Amy, and Cream together in one route, and Tails and Rotor in another route.

522?cb=20161210024558

I dunno, I've a feeling they're gonna do a reference to Sonic Riders (one of the game boxes but I've a feeling of Zero gravity) and then the other one could reference...Generations?

The 2 page spread in 25 will never be captured again fully. I still look at it. Carefully cause it's still in great condition holifoiled direct edition but it screams early 90s art style of course since I mean that's when it came out but the city also had all those early sega game refs throughout

Visually and narratively, I think StH#25's spread is better than StH#290's spread by quite a margin.

Well it also if my childhood and memory are correct issue 25 also marked a dramatic change in story scope and art style before it was mostly more cartoonish in style and stories.

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Visually and narratively, I think StH#25's spread is better than StH#290's spread by quite a margin.

I like Tracy's to be honest. Spaz's is good and all but like a lot of his (And J. Axer's) art it feels...cluttered. Like it's technically good but there's just too much going on.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Chameleon94 said:

Who do you guys think are the next team ups for Sonic Universe?

Issue 1: Sonic and Antoine (Sonic 2 cover reference)

Issue 2: Blaze and Bunnie (Sonic Rush cover reference)

Issue 3: ???

Issue 4: ???

It's gonna be a Freedom Fighter and a game character, and it's gonna reference a game cover, so who could it be next? Either a SA2 cover, Generations cover, because there's 2 characters in those. I'd love a Sally & Amy team up, or Sally & Shadow, or even Sally & Rouge. Dunno about Rotor.

I'm kind of upset bunnie and shadow wasn't a thing. Bunnie and shadow has a lot of potential considering I can see bunnie having some odd resentment towards shadow. 

That said interesting to see what comes next