Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, guys.

I mean, it definitely looks questionable,  but maybe we should hold off on cries of doom and gloom until we have a bit more concrete information.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

Another one phoned and got a similar response. 

That's actually a word-for-word copy of the reddit topic I made 10 minutes ago. I don't think that person actually called.

3 minutes ago, doctorbenMD said:

That's actually a word-for-word copy of the reddit topic I made 10 minutes ago. I don't think that person actually called.

Lol the nerve of some people

maybe archie is just waiting until they get the license renovation confirmation, and are uncertain on if they are getting it or not, i don't know, just speculating...

Just now, Gatestormer said:

Please don't leave Megadrive unfinished, it's literally the best thing to have ever come out of Archie Sonic.

^Freaking this. If the comic series really ends, at least end it in a high note.

6 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

If it is ending, can they, at the very least, have the decency to let the current arc finish?

Yeah like Vedj-f said it doesn't really have anything to do with decency if they just straight lost the license.

If Archie does end up losing the license, what do you guys think the odds are of another company picking it up?

I mean, Sega surely realizes that branching Sonic off into the realm of comics has been a successful endeavor for decades, so I wouldn't be surprised if they queried another company to produce comics.

I really hope this is a misunderstanding but if its true then this is truly sad. Especially for a comic book series that's been running for nearly 25 years. I do wish Ian and the entire team the best of luck. 

Still, we should probably wait until we hear an official statement from Archie before confirming anything. 

I've been wondering if a petition to at least get them to look into seeking at a new publisher would do the trick?

...feel stupid suggesting it but, felt like putting that idea out there.

Even if they got a new publisher I'm looking at sega sticking more to the games and characters.  no more cast of new characters not cannon to game universe like Sally or bunny, etc

We'll have to see if Sonic's included in the solicits this week (they should be out soon, right?). If it's not there, then I guess that's that.

We are awfully panicky today it seems.

Looks like things aren't boding well.

1 minute ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

We are awfully panicky today it seems.

Looks like things aren't boding well.

You know us Sonic fans. It doesn't take much to get us into a tizzy.

21 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

If Archie does end up losing the license, what do you guys think the odds are of another company picking it up?

I mean, Sega surely realizes that branching Sonic off into the realm of comics has been a successful endeavor for decades, so I wouldn't be surprised if they queried another company to produce comics.

Oh, I'm certain someone else will pick up the license. Doesn't really change the fact that this book specifically might actually be just gone though. Hopefully Ian stays on as writer should a brand new book start up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SBR2 said:

Oh, I'm certain someone else will pick up the license. Doesn't really change the fact that this book specifically might actually be just gone though. Hopefully Ian stays on as writer should a brand new book start up.

If it's SEGA strongarming the franchise as some speculate, I actually doubt they will. Else, beyond dodging Penders (which wouldn't even be guaranteed), what's the point?

3 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

If it's SEGA strongarming the franchise as some speculate, I actually doubt they will. Else, beyond dodging Penders (which wouldn't even be guaranteed), what's the point?

Well starting over fresh dropping all ties to Archie and Panders and still getting free advertising from an ongoing comic book is still a pretty good deal.