Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I haven't picked up a Sonic The Hedgehog comic since I was a young kid (probably around 1998 or so) but the recent stuff (Mega Drive and Genesis of a Hero) caught my eye so I grabbed them.  I mostly read superhero stuff but I ended up really enjoying both of them, I even picked up the last arc of Sonic Universe and ended up enjoying that too.  I know I'm not nearly as invested as you guys but I would be saddened to see the current continuity just get cut off as is since it's quality stuff.  I may be wrong but if it does end up moving to a new publisher I would be willing to bet they would just reboot the whole thing and start from scratch to attract newcomers.  Maybe it would be for the best but it seems like a waste to me.  Just thought I would share my two cents as a relative noob to the Sonic comic universe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is this the month where stuff is supposed to come out again or has it been pushed back further than I remember? Just checking in to ask.

• Thumbs Up 1

This month is currently scheduled to have Worlds Unite volume 3 and Overdrive. I doubt they'll come out this month. 

Do the sonic comics have a reader poll like Archie had last year? I was thinking about how having a poll might make it easier for people to tell the comic staff how we feel the comic is going and what could be improved and stuff. If there isn't one put in place, it should be defiantly a consideration after this issue gets taken care of. They could have like a yearly online poll, or just have a poll only for the subscribers so there is less of a chance of somebody hijacking it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Given the surge of trolling over the internet, I think a poll is the last thing they should even try...if at all.

• Thumbs Up 5

12 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

This month is currently scheduled to have Worlds Unite volume 3 and Overdrive. I doubt they'll come out this month. 

Actually Worlds Unite 3 already got pushed back to April according to the publisher I believe.  Have to double check, but I think I posted a link some pages back.

Edit: The page has been removed completely, so either the book has been canceled or they don't have a solid release date for it yet...... *curses internally*

http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/537195/sonic--mega-man-worlds-unite-3-by-sonic--mega-man-scribes/

as for Overdrive, given that it is the last in a series that was meant to be quarterly anyway I could see it at the very least coming out this month, but we won't know for sure till the 29th.

But yea, sad to think that Archie is most likely going to continue to give Sonic and a good chunk of its comics and their readers the middle finger till Summer. :(

• Thumbs Up 1

That's pretty old news, we're waiting on the April one to see if WU#3 is indeed cancelled (like I suspect). 

Regarding Overdrive, I have a feeling it'll be delayed again, if not canned outright. It's supposedly due out in a couple of weeks, yet Archie hasn't said a word about it. You would think they'd want to generate some hype for it, y'know? "REMEMBER TO PRE-ORDER THE FINAL CHAPTER IN THE BEST-SELLING SONIC MEGA DRIVE 25TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION EVENT!!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Previews world has the date of 29th March I think. 

I'm hoping we get some preview pages next week or something. If it's canned, that'll be really disappointing, cause Megadrive and Next Level have some really good art!

Kind of annoyed that World Unite Volume 3 has been delayed as well.

I mean, I have all the individual issues but I find that, at least where mega crossover events are concerned, ordering all the Sonic/Sonic Universe/Mega Man issues into a chronological volume is just easier to read.

I want volume 3 to round-out my collection but at this rate I have no idea if Archie will ever publish another Sonic comic ever again.

watch it if they do release it I bet they will start to generate hype about it days after it's released lmao.

• Thumbs Up 2

Worlds Unite Volume 3, Champions and Pirate Plunder Panic have been removed from Amazon.com listings...

Hi folks! First post

Just checked Amazon UK. Champions TP is still up to release on May 18th. This could well change, as there's no sign of Overdrive. Pirate Plunder Panic has May 25th next to it.

I'll keep an eye on it.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Hi folks! First post

Just checked Amazon UK. Champions TP is still up to release on May 18th. This could well change, as there's no sign of Overdrive. Pirate Plunder Panic has May 25th next to it.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Welcome!

It's important you know that Amazon UK tends to be incredibly inaccurate with their listings, which can be seen by the fact that they still list upcoming volumes of graphic novels that have long since been discontinued (Sonic Sagas, Sonic Universe, etc.)

The US Amazon site is much more trustworthy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Good point. Cheers!

The UK site still lists StH 91's and SU 95's release dates as January 2017, despite the so-called revised dates. I guess all we can do is wait for a release or otherwise from Archie.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, I've managed to find all those books, so they're not remo--

"December 31, 2035"

uh

They also have absolutely no price listed, which may be why they're not showing up. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Minor query: somebody just updated 291's Mobius Encyclopedia page with an April 26th release. Has something new come up somewhere that claims that?

That's the listing on Previewsworld, but it's been like that for about a month now (the listing). 

I kind of hope that someone brings attention to the comics at the Sonic panel at SXSW. At the very least, if they say that they can't comment on the issue then that could be a good indication that this is out of their hands. Judging by how the calls to Archie's customer service (as in the call that was posted on Archie Comics Online, I believe it was the one were they said that the calls that morning were premature) said that the subscriptions were temporarily disabled, and some of the artists were calling this an "issue". That could be a good indication that this is also out of Archie's hands.  Which, again, might be because of of the court case.

Its very sad that this is going on not only on Sonic's 25th anniversary, but that it could effect the Sonic Comics 25th anniversary. I remember an article I think back in like Aug-Sept (I cannot for the life of me find that article) where they were interviewing a whole bunch of people from Archie. I think they said there were going to be a lot more Sonic stuff coming out in 2017. So it does tug on my heartstrings a bit because it feels like we had a lot of setting up that was going on (Sonic Mega Drive, both STH # 275 and SU #100, the earlier mentioned 25th anniversary of the comics) and I'm afraid of being squandered because of unknown implications.

As for the court case right now, I'm waiting on the judges decision to dismiss most of Fulop's claims against Archie/Sega. I am still holding onto the belief that this is mostly because of those unnecessary claims that attacked the relationship between Sega and Archie.

• Thumbs Up 6

18 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Why such the weird-ly precise date?

Probably just a default date it gets set to automatically.

Yeah, while 2035 is a weird parameter, December 31st is the end of the year, so it's a very common date for a placeholder. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Little double post, but just to update a bit Archie are now taking in pre-sales for Black Hood season 2 #4. If you don't recall, BH S2#3 was released not too long after this all started.