Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

4 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

I think it's more to do with the fact that SOJ wants far stricter control over Sonic and it's presentation. 

Archie, despite getting better is still light years outside of the image Sega wants Sonic to be.

Unfortunately, I think Sega has been really inconsistent regarding what they want Sonic's image to be—unless we're talking something simple like aesthetics here.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Lady who has never had to deal with PR (also known as Sonic fans), is now getting frantic internal emails about what to say when people call.

Smells like a stalling tactic to me.

I mean.... why take subscriptions off your website with no warning?

7 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Unfortunately, I think Sega has been really inconsistent regarding what they want Sonic's image to be—unless we're talking something simple like aesthetics here.

No they've not.

In the past 5 years they've been abundantly clear with what they want Sonic's image to be, the fact that so many style guides for each brand of Sonic has come out is evidence enough of that.

8 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Lady who has never had to deal with PR (also known as Sonic fans), is now getting frantic internal emails about what to say when people call.

The Sonic fanbase is on the move and wants answers. Woe unto any who provoke our wrath. ;)

Archie should have issued a statement well before this point. They've been catering to the Sonic fanbase for over 20 years, they should know by now what happens when a large group of Sonic fans gets excitable.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh for the love of... why this stuff keeps happening like this? I was perfectly happy for days and now this... Meh. Perfect timing, I was getting so hyped for the next SU arc and I haven't even got the last part of the latest issue yet due to the inventory stuff. Seems like I don't need to be worried about President Trump shutting foreign markets down and thus giving me problems, if this piece of "news" is something else than just a freaking duck...

I just hope (if this is happening) it doesn't happen because of that Riverdale thing (would feel a bit like how it sometimes feels to me like when ITV(?) pulled the plug from "Heartbeat" (man was I saddened and young when Phil died...) after some time on hiatus and still "Emmerdale" keeps going while being nastier and not really having as lovable characters, for my liking at least, or does this fit more with Mega Man, come to think of it, I'm confused..). And an idea of dropping all non-game cast just won't appeal to me, so, considering how SoJ at least seems to be a bit, whateverish towards continuing comics, I think (I'm not certain, it just seems to me in that way)it could be they may not continue at all.

The best worst-case-scenario for me would be a soft landing; some other company taking over and continuing the stuff like nothing really happened, getting those solicits out give me a kind of false-feeling of a possibility of something like this actually possibly happening. It would be great that way, aside from this being just a duck.

And don't get me started over Boom; only really amusing thing that it has given to me (excluding 2nd season since it hasn't aired in here) is the storyline first 4 comic issues had. They were actually amusing. Animation, well, meh. It doesn't help that, aside from some leftover shouts from Pollock, the Finnish Eggman voice is the same Murray from Sly games has in Finnish versions. It just feel a bit... interesting. All in all, the humour in Boom just won't click with me. I'm spoiled by some more eccentric stuff after all...

Man, I suppose in here it's kind of easy to get into StH since about every market has these stands where some company/whatever always dumps some magazines and such (so there seems to be at least one thing in here that is easier to obtain than in some bigger European countries after all). Every stand like this may not contain Sonics but one can always ask for them to get into the list I suppose. (Don't really know since I subscribe from a certain shop.) Yay for us who learn to read by the aid of a half-naked duck, I suppose it made it easier for me to get interested in Sonic. And yet my cousin hadn't heard anything of Sonic whatsoever before last Saturday when I told a bit of it to the said person.   

Man, if it happens, I'm going to get more time and money for other things, like worrying over OP, I stopped spoiling myself (because I don't want to get a mental breakdown over a manga...) in one point and we're just in volume 80 around here. That and I'll have to wait for some time for the next album of my favourite BD coming out, possibly more than a year, I'm not quite sure...

So, all I have left coming more frequently than every three months is "Finnish" Donald Duck and all its merry sibling-publications. Hurray, I can read stories that end in a few pages and have a very loose (if anything at all) continuity to them.

If StH continues by dropping all but game cast out, well, good for you gamefans I suppose, now excuse me I'll go back to my corner and listen to "Hard Knock Days" and "We Can!" over and over again while clinging into those last pages of OP 80 and feeling miserable. I'm in a dire need of my annual Sanji dose and reading all old volumes (yes I have all Finnish edition volumes thank you very much) over and over is just a temporary solution! Gaah! Well, at least the fanbase is pretty easygoing, at least it seems more easygoing for me than Sonic fanbase by personal experience...

While I've only been able to read the comics that came in the Humble Bundle, I was able to become moderately attached to the comic-exclusive characters through those issues. I'd really hate to see them go, especially since there's no place else for them to go at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Nerfuffle said:

For context, since I don’t wanna to give the wrong idea.

I haven't contacted anyone or have been contacted about it. My parroting wasn't me cryptically tiptoeing around an NDA.

I've been suspicious of the rumors but I also don’t have a good track record of calling things.

briefly noted this in my barely updated tumblr, but I personally learned that the Sonic Boom comic was ending while penciling the final issue, and only through Archie’s twitter. 

However the sentiment that it would be strange to immediately stop subscriptions when there’s evidence of future issues would be correct. I've seen no delays or gaps in production on the server for any of the books and certainly no sign of things wrapping up. When the last two books ended there wasn't unused art for four planned issues hanging around.

I mean there’s a cancelation and then there’s a last second quarantine FBI cover up to stop a flesh eating virus.

You may all carry on with your uncertainty.

Stranger things have happened in the business relationships between Japanese and American companies. Look at Konami and Upper Deck Entertainment concerning the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Or 4Kids and Pokemon. 

Trust me, I was taken aback when Lisa at Archie told me issue 290 would be the last one available--as it already IS available. 

So seriously if IDW does get the rights to Sonic does that mean Sonic will crossover with My Little Pony? Sad to see the comic go but holy shit the worst part about all this is the people who lost their job due to Archie's utter incompetence. Yeah Ian is flexible since he's been teasing some upcoming projects that are happening this year but what about Tracy Yardley, Jenifer Hernandez, Terry Austin etc? 

• Thumbs Up 9

24 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

That's actually a good news, pushing back would be pointless if they want planned to cancel the series.

Honestly I hate to speculate over so little data, I'll just wait for clear message. It's kinda scary how last 7 pages were written in less then 48h, but then again Project 2017 has 114 pages, and we don't even know it's gameplay or tittle.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

That's actually a good news, pushing back would be pointless if they want planned to cancel the series.

Honestly I hate to speculate over so little data, I'll just wait for clear message. It's kinda scary how last 7 pages were written in less then 48h, but then again Project 2017 has 114 pages, and we don't even know it's gameplay or tittle.

So what you're saying is that less is more, right? :P

Only thing that makes me raise an eyebrow at the pushback date is that it's the last possible release day of February (because a week later would be March 1st, February being 28 days). Not sure if that means anything or is just co-incidental. 

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

Only thing that makes me raise an eyebrow at the pushback date is that it's the last possible release day of February (because a week later would be March 1st, February being 28 days). Not sure if that means anything or is just co-incidental. 

Is February significant somehow?

I will note that delaying the release date could simply be a way of kicking the can down the road so they don't have to explain anything quite yet. Or it could be that the book is being cancelled but they're still releasing the stuff they've already finished, albeit on a delayed schedule. Or this could all be nothing and Archie will release STH #400 years from now.

3 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

fix.png

I fixed it

That image is going straight to my hard drive. Very apt.

57 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

So seriously if IDW does get the rights to Sonic does that mean Sonic will crossover with My Little Pony? Sad to see the comic go but holy shit the worst part about all this is the people who lost their job due to Archie's utter incompetence. Yeah Ian is flexible since he's been teasing some upcoming projects that are happening this year but what about Tracy Yardley, Jenifer Hernandez, Terry Austin etc? 

They're freelance, so I don't see why IDW couldn't give them work, as well (except Terry Austin. Keep that hack away from my Sonic).

Really, I think the only employee who would be really affected by this would be the editor Vin.

Just now, PC the Hedgehog said:

They're freelance, so I don't see why IDW couldn't give them work, as well (except Terry Austin. Keep that hack away from my Sonic).

Really, I think the only employee who would be really affected by this would be the editor Vin.

Remind me who Austin is again?

Hopefully they're able to see this Mega Drive thing out if it is cancelled, completing that miniseries would make for an excellent stopping point. Then again, if they just got stopped right in their tracks, then it's kinda funny that Sonic 3 is getting the shaft YET AGAIN.

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

Austin is the main comic's regular inker. 

You mind posting a panel or something please?