Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

1 hour ago, Borvoc said:

For the record, I highly doubt that. If anything, Ian probably has plans pans for his plans hidden behind his plans. He has two Archie books to write for, and he's still been looking for more work and starting up "secret projects" on top of them. I don't see Ian as not knowing where he's going with something unless it's a ways down the line.

Oh  I think he has things planned out, I think having too much stuff planned out is his problem. However, he is human, and sometimes humans make mistakes, sometimes they don't know what to do. 

1 hour ago, Borvoc said:

Also, I'm tired of all this legal stuff, and I think it's stupid. Sure, Archie is either missing or never had papers legally assigning them ownership of some of their creators' creations, but it should be understood. At very least if you're a creator who had worked with Archie in the past, why would you assert your "rights" over them knowing full well the damage it would do to the comic, your image, and your creations (the characters you made that Archie will have to shelve, etc.)? You'd also be showing yourself as possibly entitled, uncooperative, and a potential liability for future employers (whom you may give the same treatment) to say nothing of your future chances with Archie itself (though I assume this is a given). I really don't understand that kind of bridge-burning.

They don't care. They don't give a shit what you think. They wanna get paid, and while I don't with some of the people doing that, if there isn't any legal contract signing away their contributions , they require compensation. They don't care about your joy... and they shouldn't. They want their money. 

That's it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Fair on both points, and I think I understand why creators would sue--I just don't think it's necessarily far-sighted or good. I don't think burning bridges and making a stink of yourself is a good policy as far as how future potential employers are going to look at you. If you need more money, find more work--create more, don't destroy your previous employers and your previous creations.

The following story regarding the Flintstones comes to mind (pulled from the Wikipedia article for the show):

Fred Flintstone physically resembles both the voice actor who played him, Alan Reed, and Jackie Gleason, whose series The Honeymooners was said to be an inspiration for The Flintstones.[12]

[...]

In a 1986 Playboy interview, Jackie Gleason said Alan Reed had done voice-overs for Gleason in his early movies, and Gleason considered suing Hanna-Barbera for copying The Honeymooners, but decided to let it pass.[13] According to Henry Corden, a voice actor and a friend of Gleason's, "Jackie's lawyers told him he could probably have The Flintstones pulled right off the air. But they also told him, 'Do you want to be known as the guy who yanked Fred Flintstone off the air? The guy who took away a show so many kids love, and so many parents love, too?'"[14]

Just saying that just because you have a right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do (or the smart thing). I can understand sticking up for yourself and negotiating--even getting legal help--I just think the reckless antagonism is damaging to both sides. Sometimes turning the other cheek, so to speak, is a beneficial strategy.

• Thumbs Up 4

I was referring to Dr. Who, yes. The point of which wasn't, much in the same way as rarely people demand this of the comic, "don't create new characters", it's "there's two, maybe three main characters, constantly having new adventures, meeting new people, instead of a team of 10 Furry Avengers".

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Borvoc said:

Just saying that just because you have a right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do (or the smart thing). I can understand sticking up for yourself and negotiating--even getting legal help--I just think the reckless antagonism is damaging to both sides. Sometimes turning the other cheek, so to speak, is a beneficial strategy.

Oh i understand and Agree with you. 

They just don't give a shit. 

You want another fun Story, look up how Shazzam ( captain marvel ) got into the DC comics universe. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

So you remove Team Dark and just pad out the whole thing with Amy and Knuckles interacting -- was that not precisely the thing you're trying to avoid with Team Dark?

You're just doing the same thing with fewer characters and rushing the pacing in the same way the Main Comic suffered post-Worlds Unite, which is arguably worse given that there's only so much space you can do with 4 issues (shrinking it to 3 would risk messing up the pacing of the entire Universe series when every arc has always been 4 issues long from the start, so not the best idea to make that an exception) dealing with only 2 heroes and 1 villain without it dragging on.

It's one thing to say Nixus was pointless, but that arc was heavily plotted out that simply removing Team Dark would require you to rewrite the whole thing from beginning to end. It's not something you can just remove parts and shorten the length without it feeling off given that Ian's style of writing is very much that of a plotter who tries to make these things heavily connected or given strong context, else he wouldn't have bothered with them at all if he had a better draft for such a thing.

Okay, first thing: I get that SU must be 4 part long for various reasons but 1 They could be more 3+1 or 2+2 like Chaotix Quest. 2 More importantly it doesn't impact my judgment. "Shattered would be better if it was shorter" has nothing to do with reality that force it to be 4-parter. It's like Trump being a president. I don't like it, but for some reason that's how it has to be.

Second, what Shattered is about? Naugus and his troll heritage, Knuckles and Amy interactions, Knuckles retrieving Master Emerald. Expanding any of those elements is not filler, it's making story full. What are Team Dark? They are getting their appearance quota checked and add some violence to the story. They are not the essential part of the narrative (I think Flynn even mentioned that he added them later).

Here's simple idea how things would go: They go the caves only in two, meet Nixus, talk about history. Give excuse to split, Nixus goes with Amy, Knuckles alone. Amy realized who's she dealing with, fight. Knuckles finds Amy, she has shards. It wasn't Amy, it was Naugus, freezes Knux, takes ME for himself.  Real Amy shows up (let's say she fallen from hight and Naugus though her dead), saves Knuckles. He's bummed out, talk from the flashback, they together go and stop Naugus.

Of course it would requires some changes, but I made it up in 5 minutes, give me a break. Same story, only tighter.

17 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

You're just doing the same thing with fewer characters and rushing the pacing in the same way the Main Comic suffered post-Worlds Unite, which is arguably worse

The main comic didn't " suffer from rushed pacing " the reason that the story was rushed is because a bunch of people didn't give a shit about that story anymore. There were a bunch of unnecessary elements. Hell I and a few people will argue the entire plot of the werehog should have been solved in like.. half a year. People weren't enjoying the story , a lot of complaints were coming in after a year, and combined with the other foibles of forced crossoevers they finished the story. 

The story didn't suffer from " rushed pacing" the story suffered from " It was bad and no one wants to read this story anymore" 

And as for team dark in that story, while its nice they were there... it wasn't nessciary. Much like rouge.. or really the rest of team dark in eclipse they didn't really need to be there. Knuckles and amy could have went on adventure... and that could have been it. Knuckles worrying about what shadow said.. didn't require shadows attendance. It could have worked the same. I mean they would have needed to find a omega stand in for that long section of nothing that happens they spend fighting him. But if your story, has large holes in it like "this character is only here so we can waste an entire book fighting him and put shadow and knuckles on one cover" that's not a good story. That's a story of necessity, which speaks of team dark's presence there. They probably could wring out 4 interesting books out of this , they cant sell a whole book of a villain you haven't convinced your audience to give a shit about talking about his back story. So why not have the most popular non sonic character in the franchise, and one of the most popular non sonic character in the franchise fighting a thing together. 

Just because someone writes a story doesn't mean its good, and just because someone writes a story doesn't mean everything in the story is beneficiary .

Team dark was there to pad out a story

Team dark was there to put shadow on covers

Team dark was there because Ian hadn't actually addressed shadow's story in literal years, the character has a giant fanbase. The last time they saw him , he literally died for what he admits for no reason other than a sacrifice at the whims of an editor. And things like this, make people who are fans of game characters not named sonic , as I've witnessed, very " screw Archie characters" . So here is something to satiate the masses. 

8 hours ago, Borvoc said:

Just saying that just because you have a right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do (or the smart thing).

Agreed 100% here, if i were in the comic book industry (or any other company irl) and had to choose between an excelent professional who sued his former employers over work he did FOR them, or a not-so-good-as-the-first-one professional who hadn't done that, i'd choose the second one, after all good relationships (professional and personal) are based on trust, morality and being honest with yourself and others (obviously this doesn't include seeking legal breachs to claim the rights to things you know doesn't belong to you). if you do something like this you are basically saying "Hey look at me, i'm not trustworthy and not a good professional, if you hire me i'll sue you someday down the line"

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, NikoS said:

Agreed 100% here, if i were in the comic book industry (or any other company irl) and had to choose between an excelent professional who sued his former employers over work he did FOR them, or a not-so-good-as-the-first-one professional who hadn't done that, i'd choose the second one, after all good relationships (professional and personal) are based on trust, morality and being honest with yourself and others (obviously this doesn't include seeking legal breachs to claim the rights to things you know doesn't belong to you). if you do something like this you are basically saying "Hey look at me, i'm not trustworthy and not a good professional, if you hire me i'll sue you someday down the line"

That sounds like a bad way to run a business. You aren't going to hire someone who sued their former company? There are good reasons to sue employeers , hell archie not having legal documentation of the rights holder of characters created in this listened property, is a good reason. 

You are the one who doesn't sound trustworthy.That sounds like you running a business that you don't need people snitching about

You are trying to sound like a good guy, you sound like a bad guy. 

That's a bad way to run a business. 

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Oh i understand and Agree with you. 

They just don't give a shit. 

You want another fun Story, look up how Shazzam ( captain marvel ) got into the DC comics universe.

Fair point again. I will have to look that whole Shazam thing up. Let's not even get into why he can't even be called Captain Marvel anymore. Being stuck with Shazam as a name is a bit silly.

Villain: Who are you?

Shazam: I'm *Shazam!!!*

Shazam: Oh, crap. I'm a little boy again and I'm falling from the sky. I guess I should use my secret transformation word as my name.

Team dark was there because Ian hadn't actually addressed shadow's story in literal years, the character has a giant fanbase.

Ignorance on my part, but what is Shadow's story, post SA2/Shadow? Is there some kind of thread going on with him that I don't remember?

2 hours ago, NikoS said:

100% agreement reciprocated. There are people who want to work with a positive attitude and maintain a relationship of trust, and there are people who want to find any way they can to get what they can from you. I'm sure if Archie could go back in time and undo the hiring/contracting of certain people, they'd do it in a heartbeat, and I for one wouldn't want to be thought of that way as a creator. I don't ever want a former employer to regret hiring me, in so much as I can avoid it.

• Thumbs Up 3

i'm sorry if i've put it in a messy way or something, but, let´s go

That sounds like a bad way to run a business. You aren't going to hired someone who sued their former company? There are good reasons to sue employeers

yes, i agree,there are good reasons to sue employers, but i've put a very specific situation on why i woudn't hire, IF it was over work the former employee did for them, which brings me to the second topic

archie not having legal documentation of the rights holder of characters created in this listened property, is a good reason.

Actually it's not, this goes back to what Borvoc said, it's not the right (nor smart) thing to do, even if it is your right, a contract is nothing more than a way to prove an agreement between the parts (in court), but if both parts are aware of the terms of this contract/agreement, (in this case, the rights of the characters belonging to the employer), going against the agreement you made just because there's no proof of it doesnt sound righteous to me, nor something someone trustworthy would do, it sounds childish, denying/going against your word in order to take advantage of a situation.

Also you said i don't sound trustworthy, well, i never go back on my word, no matter what, and always treat people with the same respect i wish to be treated and try to be a friend of everybody, i will not blame you if you dont take my word for granted, but if we knew each other better you'd see it for yourself. : )

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Fair point again. I will have to look that whole Shazam thing up. Let's not even get into why he can't even be called Captain Marvel anymore. Being stuck with Shazam as a name is a bit silly.

Villain: Who are you?

Shazam: I'm *Shazam!!!*

Shazam: Oh, crap. I'm a little boy again and I'm falling from the sky. I guess I should use my secret transformation word as my name.

Ignorance on my part, but what is Shadow's story, post SA2/Shadow? Is there some kind of thread going on with him that I don't remember?

In games? His game, and then 06. 

In comic, he's dealing with eclipse, which is a spin off from his games story. Ian said originally mephilies was supposed to be his reoccurring villain. Sega said no. 

3 minutes ago, NikoS said:

Also you said i don't sound trustworthy, well, i never go back on my word, no matter what, and always treat people with the same respect i wish to be treated and try to be a friend of everybody, i will not blame you if you dont take my word for granted, but if we knew each other better you'd see it for yourself

That's nice, but when you say " i wouldn't hire a good employee who sued their previous employer " that doesn't come off as trustworthy. That comes off like you are hiding something. Phrasing

5 minutes ago, NikoS said:

Actually it's not, this goes back to what Borvoc said, it's not the right (nor smart) thing to do, even if it is your right, a contract is nothing more than a way to prove an agreement between the parts (in court), but if both parts are aware of the terms of this contract/agreement, (in this case, the rights of the characters belonging to the employer), going against the agreement you made just because there's no proof of it doesnt sound righteous to me, nor something someone trustworthy would do, it sounds childish, denying/going against your word in order to take advantage of a situation.

While we can have an argument about the " rightness " and " wrongness" of someone realizing they own something , and then going " where's my money " because I don't think its as simple as being right or wrong.  I wasn't talking about this situation , i'm talking about that scenario in general. If I create a character for marvel, it turns out I own it and no one told me and I got no compensation and they are starting to use it in films. Then I need to be compensated. Yes this scenario isn't as huge as your character being featured in a marvel studio's film. But not every scenario is the bad artist trying to con the business out of money, sometimes folks trying to get paid for work they did. 

Hmm. So Shadow fans are wanting a continuation of the Shadow / Eclipse story? That makes sense I guess. I don't feel like it was left on a cliffhanger, but it's certainly something that should probably be continued in the future.

Regarding Shadow fans being upset about Team Dark getting killed off during whatever crossover that was (Worlds Unite?), I didn't even know it happened until Ian said it did, and he said he did it because he knew that all the fans would know the whole timey-wimeyness of the plot would undo the deaths anyway, so he chose to kill off characters whose deaths no one would believe anyway (no way he'd kill off Team Dark). If he was going to pull a death cheat, he wanted everyone to know ahead of time it was what he was doing instead of trying to cash it in for emotion.

• Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Hmm. So Shadow fans are wanting a continuation of the Shadow / Eclipse story? That makes sense I guess. I don't feel like it was left on a cliffhanger, but it's certainly something that should probably be continued in the future.

They literally left it on, to be continued. And due to the potential danger of the senario, there potentially being more black arms eclipse can contact and they go to earth, its actually a very urgent issue on the part of shadow. So, not actually addressing the problem, for actual years... sort of devalues eclipse as a threat, so not only is the story taking to long to reach some sort of conclusion or continuation. Ian has essentially introduced an element due to his extremely long winded story telling, and shadow as a character ( his willingness to murder),  wont be treating ever again. Unless the next story beat " and then eclipse called his family and they are destroying the earth  , its now a comic wide event its shadow 2" .  

Because now in every scenario its " well shadow will find him, and he probably wont have an emerald and beat his ass again " Which probably will happen and why he's in hiding. Character is notably weaker that the hero he's fighting against , aside from one ability he has shown to be able to now break out of. The threat is much less threatening . Adding onto the storyline and to eclipses character would actually make the storyline seem urgent and worth it. But we haven't herd anything, so either eclipse is the grand master of hide and go seek. Or eclipse is so little of a threat, team dark kind of doesn't give a shit. 

Which devalues the story line. Its almost as if Ian shouldn't have started a storyline for a character in a book who's stories should be at max 4 issues. That sounds like... you want to create a miniseries. And that's fine, I would buy a shadow spin off comic, but if you aren't doing that. Its just a story line that's getting nothing done about it. 

1. Regarding Shadow fans being upset about Team Dark getting killed off during whatever crossover that was (Worlds Unite?), I didn't even know it happened until Ian said it did, and he said he did it because he knew that all the fans would know the whole timey-wimeyness of the plot would undo the deaths anyway, so he chose to kill off characters whose deaths no one would believe anyway (no way he'd kill off Team Dark). If he was going to pull a death cheat, he wanted everyone to know ahead of time it was what he was doing instead of trying to cash it in for emotion.

That didn't make the situation better. There were people who saw that poster and went " OH SHIT ZERO AND SHADOW ARE GOING TO FIGHT" only to find, they don't fight. Shadow dies, a lot of the characters that are included do nothing, including zero.  To the degree in which the characters in the story joke about how they are kind of doing nothing, but instead they get treated to... archie characters.. .doing things in this crossoever. Not... you know.. blaze or anything you know a character from a game... for the video game crossoever... but sally.  

I'm a guy who will defend bunnies existence to the end. But this is the type of thing that make sections of the audience go " wow I really wish all these OC's were gone " . This is doubly so, no that there are grown adult people, who aren't old enough to remember the cartoon that these characters came from, and don't have any of the reverence  as hardcore fans do. 

though i'm not saying anything new, because it seemed a majority of folks weren't fond of worlds unite, often regarding it as some sort of dumpster fire. And staff admitting its something they were made to do for money and not for any interest in the project. 

So i'm not saying anything mind blowing but I think this adds credence to the die of " The last time the fans of this character saw this character, he was in a shitty crossoever no one wanted to do, or liked, and he died. Lets give him something cool to do, we can have knuckles and shadow on a cover" 

27 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

While we can have an argument about the " rightness " and " wrongness" of someone realizing they own something , and then going " where's my money " because I don't think its as simple as being right or wrong.  I wasn't talking about this situation , i'm talking about that scenario in general. If I create a character for marvel, it turns out I own it and no one told me and I got no compensation and they are starting to use it in films. Then I need to be compensated. Yes this scenario isn't as huge as your character being featured in a marvel studio's film. But not every scenario is the bad artist trying to con the business out of money, sometimes folks trying to get paid for work they did. 

I do see your point but... nevermind, let it sink right here

on another note, correct me if i'm wrong here, but wasn't this 'someone needs to die' thing Kaminski's idea? because he thought it would raise the stakes or something?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, NikoS said:

I do see your point but... nevermind, let it sink right here

on another note, correct me if i'm wrong here, but wasn't this 'someone needs to die' thing Kaminski's idea? because he thought it would raise the stakes or something?

Yeah the editor apparently wanted to write his weird fanfction. It doesn't seem like the staff liked it, or the audience. But he did get to write his weird fanfiction. And then iirc he left to work somewhere else. 

He did live his dream, he can say that much at least

• Thumbs Up 3

Aw, man, Shadowlax—now you're making me want a continuation of the story or even a Shadow ongoing!

Hmm. I wasn't really community-ing back when Worlds Unite came out, so I just enjoyed it without realizing there were people who didn't. I still think people have an overly-pessimistic view of the event, but I guess I can see how people, including Shadow fans, could have problems with it. I personally just enjoyed it for all the visual fan service, the character interactions, and even some of the story elements, and I just took for granted that it was going to be a bit crowded with all those characters. In the end, I'm sure even Ian has ideas on how he could have done it better.

Edit: Randomly, do you ever wonder if Ian monitors this thread? Maybe there are more popular Archie community sites, but you never know.

• Thumbs Up 2

( I would give exorbitant amounts of money for Amy, Knuckles, tails and shadow  to get occasional comic series. Like " this whole year is tails doing a thing, this is tail's comic) 

Worlds unite isn't the worst arc I have ever read in this comic, by any means. There are far worse, the Scourge , Fiona fiasco being number two and the future arcs being number one. Has Horrible flash backs about the years later arcs. But its not the best, its not very good, and its cynical.  Its cynical and nothing, and kind of a waste of time, and took time away from comics and things people wanted to actually read. Like shadow dying doesn't even really make me that upset, its like... the worthlessness of the entire endeavor. Civil War II has been in a similar vain, from marvel comics. " Someone died and someone is in a coma isn't that full of drama " and then its like " I would care if this was good"

WOW civil war II is exactly the same thing

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, The KKM said:

I was referring to Dr. Who, yes. The point of which wasn't, much in the same way as rarely people demand this of the comic, "don't create new characters", it's "there's two, maybe three main characters, constantly having new adventures, meeting new people, instead of a team of 10 Furry Avengers".

Why does it have to be 1:1 with the games? What's wrong with variety?

Not every version of Superman is exactly the same. Not Every Power Rangers (or Sentai for that matter) team are 100% identical to the first version. Every single Transformers series is different from the last even the ones that fall under the G1 banner. Hell more pertinent to this topic not every Sonic is exactly similar even in the games.

Also I still have no idea how the Freedom Fighters are "Furry Avengers"? Because they fight Eggman and save people? Like Sonic would be doing anyway?

• Thumbs Up 3

20 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

WOW civil war II is exactly the same thing

lol. I guess I gave Worlds Collide and Worlds unite a pass due tot he fact that Archie doesn't pound events into the ground like Marvel and DC do (maybe mostly Marvel—then again, Death of the Family). I saw an ad or solicit or something for Civil War II and just rolled my eyes. "Hey. What could we do to keep from having to get our characters back on track? I know! Lets mess them up further with a stupid rehash event with cheap drama that no one cares about while everyone acts out of character!" Then

Spoiler

they killed off Bruce Banner

, and I was even more upset. And I didn't even read the thing.

13 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Also I still have no idea how the Freedom Fighters are "Furry Avengers"? Because they fight Eggman and save people? Like Sonic would be doing anyway?

Some people don't like Sonic as a part of a team. They want him to be a David the Hedgehog Carradine, wandering the American West to find his half-brother. (Sorry, I couldn't help it.) But Sonic has always put down roots; he has a sidekick and a rival-turned-friend—even a wannabe-girlfriend stalker. I agree, however, that there's a balance between keeping Sonic a free spirit and also letting him relate to other characters, and I understand if some people think Sonic has a few too many roots holding him down in his book at present. I wouldn't mind having him separate a bit more from the FF for a while, but I also like the current dynamic.

For those who want the story to focus on just a few characters and fill out the rest with one-timers, that would need to be balanced too, or readers would start catching on that every new character visiting the Ponderosa is only going to be there for a single episode and will therefore predictably die, get banished or run out of town, or take up and leave by the end.

• Thumbs Up 2

We still haven't really seen just to what extent Sonic associates with the Freedom Fighters post-reboot. He may spend the vast majority of his time apart from them traveling the planet with Tails or something. It's something we'll have to wait and see about now that the Shattered World Crisis is finally over.

In any event, Sonic's WAY better off than he was pre-reboot when he was a glorfied Acorn Kingdom lapdog for 20 years.

• Thumbs Up 8

14 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Some people don't like Sonic as a part of a team. They want him to be a David the Hedgehog Carradine, wandering the American West to find his half-brother. (Sorry, I couldn't help it.) But Sonic has always put down roots; he has a sidekick and a rival-turned-friend—even a wannabe-girlfriend stalker. I agree, however, that there's a balance between keeping Sonic a free spirit and also letting him relate to other characters, and I understand if some people think Sonic has a few too many roots holding him down in his book at present. I wouldn't mind having him separate a bit more from the FF for a while, but I also like the current dynamic.

For those who want the story to focus on just a few characters and fill out the rest with one-timers, that would need to be balanced too, or readers would start catching on that every new character visiting the Ponderosa is only going to be there for a single episode and will therefore predictably die, get banished or run out of town, or take up and leave by the end.

There's a thing that people seem to forget, and I can understand why since he's been with them the majority of the time, but Sonic's not a full time Freedom Fighter in this universe.

He helps them out and is a team player when he's teamed with them but as notable by the Genesis of Hero storyline, the Megadrive Mini (Which is Canon) and the solicited upcoming issues Sonic goes his own way when that work is finished. Mighty said it in Control "You're always on the go but is Sally's here you must have a purpose". Sonic is a free spirit he's just helping a different group of friends save the world because he was going to do it anyway.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, during this whole discussion (I didn't mention it sooner because the thread went off into other matters, but since we're back again) I wanted to say that as much as I like the Freedom Fighters (and their base), I'd be cool if Sonic were basically like a ronin of sorts, just kind of wandering from place to place and helping out the different groups we've met in a similar capacity to what he's done with the FF, fighting Eggman on various fronts.

Sort of like what he, Tails, and Amy were doing before the reboot, minus the Mecha Sally part. And not necessarily even with Tails and Amy in tow, since the games seem to show them running in to Sonic, rather than traveling with him.

"Just a guy who loves adventure," after all.

The FF would probably be his main crew, though. Sort of like Batman is with the Justice League (at least in the Timm toons), in that he's a part timer who does his own thing.

As far as keeping a group ongoing, though, it seems like it would be tough to do with the game characters, since they tend to have their own thing going on.

Knuckles guards the Master Emerald/Angel Island (though the end of Shattered might have been designed to allow him more freedom), Team Dark are more like their own little clique/part of GUN, the Chaotix are detectives, Blaze rules another dimension, Silver lives in the future...

Take them all out of the picture, and you're left with Tails, Amy, Big, Cream, and Cheese. And while that's not a bad group, I feel like it kind of lacks the sort of structure the FF provide to keep them together on their own for any length of time.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Take them all out of the picture, and you're left with Tails, Amy, Big, Cream, and Cheese. And while that's not a bad group, I feel like it kind of lacks the sort of structure the FF provide to keep them together on their own for any length of time.

Yeah, maybe there shouldn't be a structure. Or at least t

1 hour ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

As far as keeping a group ongoing, though, it seems like it would be tough to do with the game characters, since they tend to have their own thing going on.

or you could make a story about those characters as an on going

I would much rather read that then furry avengers: you don't care about half of them. 

Knuckles guards the Master Emerald/Angel Island (though the end of Shattered might have been designed to allow him more freedom), Team Dark are more like their own little clique/part of GUN, the Chaotix are detectives, Blaze rules another dimension, Silver lives in the future...

Knuckle's going on would be an interesting book

Shadow and gun would be an interesting book. 

The other ones would also be interesting but they probably can't hold a book. 

Maybe a team structure... shouldn't be what the main comic is a bout. Maybe the main book also taking on a universe structure, would be better. The main book could take on a more universe structure. Mainly about sonic but occasionally other folks. And then everytime they want to tell a long form story about another character, they get a temp book. And it isn't sonic universe, its just Shadow, Or tails, or Knuckles that goes on longer than 4 months, tell the story they need to tell with the room they need. And when its done, it goes back to one book. Sonic and/or whoever, doing a thing. 

And sometimes it could be about different stuff, it could just be a sonic boom book for  awhile

Super Special Magazine #14 is most likely cancled as it is absent from Archie's Feb 22nd Releases.

Not surprising really, Odds are the Digests & Magazines are dead for good.

Heck at this point I wouldn't be surprised if STH & SU get pushed back to a quarterly schedule like Betty & Veronica and Blackhood are on. :P

• Thumbs Up 1