Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

10 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

They're Archives volumes that contain the stuff he wrote, so he kinda has the right to.

Quite true, though still deucedly ironic given his frequent insistance upon the idea that he doesn't 'need' Sonic to promote his dubiously original content, when its only the Sonic stuff he can sell. 

That's enough of that though. SInce we're likely going to be seeing the end of the comics this year, I may as well voice my unhappiness at the fact, even if I've pretty much accepted the inevitability of it. It's just a shame we're not going to get a proper finale or anything like that...

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, JC_Mike said:

Yes, it was at last year's Sonic Revolution. I don't know if Aaron visited, but here's the picture of Penders reaction.

Ckxcr9jUgAALgNe.jpg

I know its far fetched. 

But what if this was that catalyst , if the comic ends, for the comic ending. He head just heard of all the comic's bullshit from a far, and nowhere finally got to encounter it first hand and he went " nope, burn it all. Burn it to the ground" 

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, that's kind of a pessimistic way of looking at things. I'd much prefer to think that even if Mr. Izuka was there to scope things out that that isn't the conclusion he came to. ^_^; The legal issues are all about the pre-reboot books anyway, so the continuation of the books shouldn't have any effect, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

Come on TSSZ really, after they told us they don't really have any idea on what is going on. It makes me angry that you're still picking at straws and harassing the artists and writers who are struggling much more than you are. I know you're seriously clamoring for news, but this is just encouraging more bullying. Sorry for the small rant, but I feel like the paranoia is making these news sites more like the paparazzi.

• Thumbs Up 9

I see that TSSZ hasn't learned a thing from last week after the drama they stirred. 

• Thumbs Up 1

A couple of days back, fans jumped to a conclusion when Ian tweeted a generic "have a nice day" message.

• Thumbs Up 7

29 minutes ago, JC_Mike said:

Come on TSSZ really, after they told us they don't really have any idea on what is going on. It makes me angry that you're still picking at straws and harassing the artists and writers who are struggling much more than you are. I know you're seriously clamoring for news, but this is just encouraging more bullying. Sorry for the small rant, but I feel like the paranoia is making these news sites more like the paparazzi.

I, um...I had nothing to do with that.

Just saying. *hides*

Sorry if I came off too critical, @Shadowlax. I didn't mean it that way. Just pointing out that I hope that's not the case ^_^;.

/me pats @SSF1991 on the back. Man, I miss the Matt and Donnie channel.

On ‎23‎.‎4‎.‎2017 at 2:07 AM, Borvoc said:

@BlueSky I'm looking forward to your Sega/Archie fanfiction. :P

Oh dear, you'd need to wait for me to get into my summer break for having a chance to write it. And I'll not create a fanfiction.net account for a crack like this so I'll prolly put it on my profile at some point... oh ho ho! B) I suppose this was a joke though, or do you want me to do it on a larger scale for real? :huh: 

On ‎23‎.‎4‎.‎2017 at 4:07 AM, JC_Mike said:

Yes, it was at last year's Sonic Revolution. I don't know if Aaron visited, but here's the picture of Penders reaction.

Ckxcr9jUgAALgNe.jpg

I think I've seen this on tumblr or somewhere, with lots of funny comments and all.

I wonder though whether it was purely "noticed by coincidence" situation or well-calculated and planned super-secret meeting? Or maybe Penders was having a customer? Naah, Penders' face doesn't agree with this theory I suppose. Way too agitated looking I think.

And yeah, I miss "the taxi-driver" 'stache too... ^_^ 

By the way what's that thing on "Lien-Da's" head/above/behind it? I can't fathom whether it's part of the deal or not... jeez that looks like something I wouldn't show anybody I'm reading something like that... it's just too creepy for my style you see.

Aah... seems like "Sonic fandom news media (as a whole?)" acts like the other news medias... sometimes when not having anything to tell they start to speculate. ^_^ Well, that's life I suppose people are probably getting used to it at this point, at least I am. And I think that's happening partly because of they need to get paid too, people working within the other news medias I mean (I dunno about fandom news situation after all). That's actually one of the reasons I'm not really bothering with the news papers anymore like I used to as a kid. That and my mornings are busy.

Just please don't start to do the other thing news medias sometimes tend to do for getting better-selling first pages; taking things out of their context and twisting them like they want. That'd be just disgusting for all I care. -_-

• Thumbs Up 1

Sadly with the next Sonic Archie issue being canceled, How the heck will I find out who the REAL father of Cream the Rabbit is and how Sonic and Sally get back together again? Because if Sonic and Sally NEVER get back together as a couple & stay that way than the future timeline in Mobius X Years Later will be changed. I mean think of the TIME PARADOX of Mobius X Years Later!!

Oh and the name's Roxby, Harold Roxby.

Hello, @Harold Roxby. Shaken, not stirred, I assume? I assume you're joking, but the Super Genesis Wave Reboot kind of already undid all that stuff, right? You make a good point about the meta-drama of the comics at this point, though. Are the books cancelled? What will happen next? Tune in next month to find out!

And yeah, @BlueSky. I was mostly joking, but if you ever do for some reason decide to write a real-person fic about Sega and Archie, I suppose I'll agree in advance to read it. Especially if you find a way of putting Bill Cosby in the story, trying to sell Jello. That would be a great subplot. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, BlueSky said:

By the way what's that thing on "Lien-Da's" head/above/behind it? I can't fathom whether it's part of the deal or not... jeez that looks like something I wouldn't show anybody I'm reading something like that... it's just too creepy for my style you see....

That would be a phone. Same model we have at my school.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Harold Roxby said:

How the heck will I find out who the REAL father of Cream the Rabbit is

We already know who her father is.

It's this guy.

Image result for sonic the rabbit

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Mister X said:

We already know who her father is.

It's this guy.

Image result for sonic the rabbit

Just call him Oswald, the world's fastest lucky rabbit.

• Thumbs Up 6

22 minutes ago, therealfalconpawnch77 said:

Lien-Da phone home?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Borvoc said:

And yeah, @BlueSky. I was mostly joking, but if you ever do for some reason decide to write a real-person fic about Sega and Archie, I suppose I'll agree in advance to read it. Especially if you find a way of putting Bill Cosby in the story, trying to sell Jello. That would be a great subplot. :P

I'll see what I can do if I manage to catch a break on summer break. And if I come up with something, you sir will be within the first ones to hear of it. :rolleyes: Just don't start counting days yet.

54 minutes ago, therealfalconpawnch77 said:

Well thanks. That actually really puzzled me since it really didn't sit perspective-wise considering her head but I just wasn't sure.

That's interesting, having phones like that in your schools? Oh jeez... In those I've been phones are always behind some important person(s) or something, usally sitting on the desk. Unless they're the cell phones kids use to play that Doodle-Jump thing so that the music is on synch with each and every phone... or something.

33 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Lien-Da phone home?

Let's just hope this isn't foreshadowing for the future of Sonic games, you know. And yeah, she should, she could also phone to someone considering her working conditions or something, I guess, just that she'd be certain of everything I think.

And you guys just know how to try and kill me by making me laugh my head off. Yet you have failed a few times, luckily for me. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

Well thanks. That actually really puzzled me since it really didn't sit perspective-wise considering her head but I just wasn't sure.

Yeah. I kind of thought she was wearing a top hat or something.

Just as a random note, we shouldn't take any meaning from Ken Penders' expression. It's possible to catch someone at a weird moment and make it look like he's making a face that he really isn't. That's what the tabloids do when they catch a politician looking drunk with his eyes half closed when really the picture was taken right when he was in the middle of blinking.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Yeah. I kind of thought she was wearing a top hat or something.

Just as a random note, we shouldn't take any meaning from Ken Penders' expression. It's possible to catch someone at a weird moment and make it look like he's making a face that he really isn't. That's what the tabloids do when they catch a politician looking drunk with his eyes half closed when really the picture was taken right when he was in the middle of blinking.

Oh yeah, sorry. I fell for it ironically on the same post I ranted of around the matter. Well isn't this awkward. :wacko::blush:

Well, I'm happy I'm such a speculative person that "I think" has practically become my catchphrase around here but still.

Jeez, sorry for the trouble caused if any has been caused by this. I really need to stop overanalysing everything.

lol, @BlueSky. I don't know what you're apologizing for, since you didn't say anything about Ken Penders' expression. My comment wasn't meant to correct you or anyone else specifically so much as to just give everyone something to think about so we don't judge the situation by a single picture.

Unless you're apologizing for also thinking that Lien-Da was wearing a top hat. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

lol, @BlueSky. I don't know what you're apologizing for, since you didn't say anything about Ken Penders' expression. My comment wasn't meant to correct you or anyone else specifically so much as to just give everyone something to think about so we don't judge the situation by a single picture.

Unless you're apologizing for also thinking that Lien-Da was wearing a top hat. :P

I'll answer you by quoting myself;

8 hours ago, BlueSky said:

I wonder though whether it was purely "noticed by coincidence" situation or well-calculated and planned super-secret meeting? Or maybe Penders was having a customer? Naah, Penders' face doesn't agree with this theory I suppose. Way too agitated looking I think.

And yeah, I miss "the taxi-driver" 'stache too... ^_^ 

So, I actually did do it, that's why I'm apologizing. And well yes, I have a tendency to be more likely safe than sorry around this kinds of matters.

Still, that was a good idea to mention on the general level. Sorry if I overreacted. ^_^

And that phone kind of looked like a hat actually...

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess I picked a bad time to get into the comics.

I started early 2015, several months before Worlds Unite, which I had no interest in (never played a Capcom or old-school non-Sonic Sega game in my life)

Worlds Unite ends, a few issues get put out before a delay that lasts for several months.

A few more months of issues, Shattered World Crisis arc ends, cut to Mega Drive and Genesis of a Hero (also no interest)

And now the book is dangerously close to being cancelled.

I really need to stop getting into things. Whenever I do, the series starts going downhill.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dang it, @Flyinpenguin117. This is why we can't have nice things, because you have to come along and like them, which puts a jinx on everything and dooms us all. Now excuse me while I run off to find something you won't like.

Seriously, though, current limbo aside, you can always check out the backlog on Comixology or pick up the trade paperback collections of previous issues. Depending on how versed you are on the books, I'm sure someone in this thread could recommend where to start *coughSonicSagasVolume1cough* if you're interested in reading your way to the present while we wait on the final word regarding the future.

• Thumbs Up 2