Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

3 hours ago, Kintor said:

I don't think that either Sega or Archie has published any kind of technical diagram for Omega. We don't even know what really powers him. Which is to say, the earlier E-Series robots were powered by captured animals, just like the classic Badniks. There is every possibility that Omega also has a captured animal at his core, although he's never had those organic memory 'glitches' which Gamma experienced.

Based on when he fought Eclipse and was badly damaged, it's been suggested--in the comic at least--Omega is powered by a Chaos Drive. Which I'd find believable since he was just in standby mode for a long time gathering dust and watching over Shadow (Sonic Heroes). Now, whether he was overhauled by GUN or that was always the case and Eggman just had a stash of the things after his previous takeover of the ARK, I couldn't say. I mean, the little animals can't last forever, right?

10 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Based on when he fought Eclipse and was badly damaged, it's been suggested--in the comic at least--Omega is powered by a Chaos Drive. Which I'd find believable since he was just in standby mode for a long time gathering dust and watching over Shadow (Sonic Heroes). Now, whether he was overhauled by GUN or that was always the case and Eggman just had a stash of the things after his previous takeover of the ARK, I couldn't say. I mean, the little animals can't last forever, right?

I guess that a Chaos Drive makes sense from a narrative point of view. It'd be kind of awkward if all the heroes let Omega walk around unharmed if he was powered by a trapped animal.

Not that I'd expect Omega to be environmentally friendly all the same. He's the kind of robot you'd expect to be powered by a miniature nuclear reactor or something else potentially dangerous when damaged. But I suppose a Chaos Drive is along those lines anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

My other issue with a gun comic along with it,  besides it inevitably being basically just a shadow comic is, who would it even be about?

The nameless gun humans no one cares about?

It really bugs me how you keep saying "Who no one cares about" when what you really mean is "Who I don't care about". Personally I'd like to learn more about GUN and it's staff. I'd like to see Topaz Madonna explored more. I'd like to see more of Commander Tower's issues with Shadow being on the team. I'd like to see whatever Snivley's planning get more focus. I'd like to meet new GUN agents and see more adventures with Spider Troop.

But I guess no one cares about GUN sure. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I'd honestly say that Omega might just be powered by an engine in the games. There's no reason Eggman would use Chaos Drives as they're not his items, they stopped showing up by Heroes, and he's made robots without the use of Badniks or other such batteries before. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So.

It's now the end of April, and unless I'm missing something we're still completely in the dark as to the fate of the comics.

Was Archie saying we'd know by now just PR speak, or have their plans changed?

1 hour ago, RLS Legacy said:

So.

It's now the end of April, and unless I'm missing something we're still completely in the dark as to the fate of the comics.

Was Archie saying we'd know by now just PR speak, or have their plans changed?

It was most likely a rough estimate, if anything. "The end of April" could also just as easily mean "the beginning of May".

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, SBR2 said:

It really bugs me how you keep saying "Who no one cares about" when what you really mean is "Who I don't care about".

No I mean who no one cares about.In the land scape of sonic where all humans except for like 1 and another one for more infamous reasons, not nammed robotnik no one actually caring about. Isn't a me opinion, thats the lands scape of this franchise. And gun itself, only exists to push shadow. From conception to now, everything has been to push shadow. And when shadow stopped being around, they stopped being around because them in relation to shadow was the only thread they had folks actually cared for. And rouge.

Fanbase isnt asking for gun back, a lot of then dont care. Its the characters. Team dark could return to the games in full playable force right now. And if gun is gone, I dont think many would care.

The idea that there are enough people who care about a faceless organization filled with humans that have never been expanded upon, in the world of sonic, to sell a ongoing book is silly.

Personally I'd like to learn more about GUN and it's staff. I'd like to see Topaz Madonna explored more. I'd like to see more of Commander Tower's issues with Shadow being on the team. I'd like to see whatever Snivley's planning get more focus. I'd like to meet new GUN agents and see more adventures with Spider Troop.

Remember that time they tried to do that in worlds unite and the main criticism was

"Why in the world would I give a shit about whoever this is when shadow and rouge are dead"

That time it actually happened and a bunch of people didnt care and were upset. Along within the rest of worlds unite.

They wanted to see team dark fight shit. Who it was for neither here nor there.

No. No not really.

Gun is shadows advertising agency.

Do know how rare it is for folks to actually care enough plot device organizations that popular characters are related to popular characters outside of that character. Thats rare, its rarer for game characters because for a great many like shadow, that detail is left out. Anything that organization does that isn't potentially relevant to said character or characters isn't relevant and is left out. 

If we are talking about the games, then its worth mentioning the other E-Series bots. While many of the early bots in that unit were powered by small animals, Eggman did convert the E-Series over to chaos energy as of E-121, as the Phi's were exclusively powered by Chaos Emerald shards.

If you follow the serial numbers, those are the closest production models we know about to Omega himself. It would make sense if we found out that he was being powered by some kind of battery or core as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

I kinda disregard Battle in terms of what the main series is doing just because of how different it is to pretty much anything else. 

7 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

I kinda disregard Battle in terms of what the main series is doing just because of how different it is to pretty much anything else. 

It sucks because battle is cool

I wish it got a sequel

• Thumbs Up 2

Thats a shame.

Battle is actually the single most lure heavy game in the history of the franchise. You can extract quite a bit from digging through all the Gerald data logs.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

It was most likely a rough estimate, if anything. "The end of April" could also just as easily mean "the beginning of May".

Yeah, I got a hunch from all that was going on that getting news exactly at the end of April probably wasn't going to happen. To give a personal example, I was suppose to be receiving clothes that I bought from my college by "the end of April" and I still haven't heard anything.

I for one won't be holding my breath for any info unless I see a change in how the lawsuit is going, which is just a sitting duck right now. I think the judge is looking through the motions and will make a decision soon, judging by how nothing has been going on ever since Archie was denied to file a reply against whatever Fulop was saying.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Remember that time they tried to do that in worlds unite and the main criticism was

"Why in the world would I give a shit about whoever this is when shadow and rouge are dead"

That time it actually happened and a bunch of people didnt care and were upset. Along within the rest of worlds unite.

They wanted to see team dark fight shit. Who it was for neither here nor there.

As someone who hates Worlds Unite with a passion...that is bullshit, and you know it.

A simple search of the words "Worlds Unite" in this topic alone is enough to see through that lie. The main criticism of Worlds Unite, starting from the moment it was revealed to be a Sega X Capcom crossover, was that there were too many characters from other franchises to the point that it would likely be an absolute clusterfuck of a story that was primarily done for fanservice and marketing, and that it was too early to even do a second crossover in the middle of an ongoing arc, not "why would I give a shit when Shadow and Rouge are dead" that you'd only hear from Shadow or Team Dark fanboys who should know better. And the main reason that is bullshit is because most people who read the comics and bitched about the mandates Sega immediately knew from the start that it wasn't for keeps and that they'd be back when the whole thing was over, since they were barred from permanently killing game characters. So unless you have some hard evidence to back up that claim of yours, that is nothing more than deliberately making things up. 

Not everything is about Shadow or Team Dark, dude. And you'd do well not to speak for the massively diverse and divided group that is the Sonic fandom.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

As someone who hates Worlds Unite with a passion...that is bullshit, and you know it.

A simple search of the words "Worlds Unite" in this topic alone is enough to see through that lie. The main criticism of Worlds Unite, starting from the moment it was revealed to be a Sega X Capcom crossover, was that there were too many characters from other franchises to the point that it would likely be an absolute clusterfuck of a story that was primarily done for fanservice and marketing, and that it was too early to even do a second crossover in the middle of an ongoing arc, not "why would I give a shit when Shadow and Rouge are dead" that you'd only hear from Shadow or Team Dark fanboys who should know better. And the main reason that is bullshit is because most people who read the comics and bitched about the mandates Sega immediately knew from the start that it wasn't for keeps and that they'd be back when the whole thing was over, since they were barred from permanently killing game characters.

No its not?

One of the main complaints of the thing was " I don't actually care or know whats going on " another major complaint that required numorious explanations, on archie's forum before it shut down , and on podcast, and in interview and by second hand on forums like right now, is the explanation of shadow's death. Its almost as if Shadow is an extremely popular character and not just with " shadow fanboys" or whatever boogieman bullshit you have for today, but with children, and normal people who aren't in the sonic fanbase, and people not in the sonic fanbase as deep as we are, who would have liked an explanation for such things. 

So unless you have some hard evidence to back up that claim of yours, that is nothing more than deliberately making things up. 

You have hard evidence of nothing, so first off. Get your evidence, and come correct before you start telling me anything. Because word searching a forum. 

You literally just said

" your anecdotal evidence based on the response on the forums the writer and the staff used to hang out of and his subsequent explanations and fan base reactions on multiple forums is a lie. My anecdotal evidence, based on my far more limited control group of , just this forum, is a much better piece of evidence. You obviously only care about shadow, and weren't just having a conversation about the character that was relevant to a complaint about the event. You are suggesting that that was the only complaint. " 

So not only did you not have proof, you didn't even was I was writing to the person. You just indulged in the chilidogs, didn't even know what type of chilli was on the dogs. 

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Not everything is about Shadow or Team Dark, dude. And you'd do well not to speak for the massively diverse and divided group that is the Sonic fandom.

I didn't say that, I didn't suggest that. The only reason I even brought worlds unite up is a specific situation where the two only relevant elements of gun were gone, and that being a period where that ever happened, EVER. And oh, look it was during that event that people we complaining that they didn't actually care about the characters and there were too many characters a great many they didn't care about. Huh, wild. Neat.

So I don't know what, your deal is? Maybe you hate team dark, maybe you hate team dark fans? I don't know. But I'm going to need you to , to like... not assume things of people and then not read their responses at all. 

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

another major complaint that required numorious explanations, on archie's forum before it shut down , and on podcast, and in interview and by second hand on forums like right now, is the explanation of shadow's death.

From everything I've seen, I'm fairly sure the reason for all of the questions about that wasn't so much because it was Shadow, but rather because it was the single most bizarre, nonsensical moment in the entire crossover.  City Halls don't usually appear in the sky and merge with airships.

• Thumbs Up 5

As disappointing as Team Dark's sidelining was in "Worlds Unite," I'd say they got off easy considering how bad the story got after the first act--which had absolutely nothing to do with them taking Team Dark out in the first place.

Maybe, just maybe, they shouldn't have crammed a bunch of unrelated SEGA and Capcom properties, that Archie were heavily restricted in when they could use them (the third act) anyway, stupid shit--like killing off Team Dark--wouldn't have happened.

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

One of the main complaints of the thing was " I don't actually care or know whats going on " another major complaint that required numorious explanations, on archie's forum before it shut down , and on podcast, and in interview and by second hand on forums like right now, is the explanation of shadow's death. Its almost as if Shadow is an extremely popular character and not just with " shadow fanboys" or whatever boogieman bullshit you have for today, but with children, and normal people who aren't in the sonic fanbase, and people not in the sonic fanbase as deep as we are, who would have liked an explanation for such things. 

Proof or it didn't happen. You could have at the very least provided links for to prove me wrong instead of this vague pool of responses I've yet to actually see, especially after I gave you a link on this forum by itself showing that no one said anything along the lines of "why should I give a shit when Shadow and Rouge died," because while that's just one example, you'd think that if that were even the case of it being main criticism then would have at least spread in this topic as well given how big this site is.

You have hard evidence of nothing, so first off. Get your evidence, and come correct before you start telling me anything. Because word searching a forum. 

How about you at least read the posts in the link I gave you before you start dismissing me of lacking hard evidence that I just gave you and turning around with an appeal to ignorance to boot. :rolleyes:

I didn't say that, I didn't suggest that. The only reason I even brought worlds unite up is a specific situation where the two only relevant elements of gun were gone, and that being a period where that ever happened, EVER. And oh, look it was during that event that people we complaining that they didn't actually care about the characters and there were too many characters a great many they didn't care about. Huh, wild. Neat.

So I don't know what, your deal is? Maybe you hate team dark, maybe you hate team dark fans? I don't know. But I'm going to need you to , to like... not assume things of people and then not read their responses at all. 

Yeah, I find that hard to believe when you name drop Shadow alone every chance you get and then close your ears to any counterpoint or alternative views that don't mesh with your own like the one I called you out on.

Also, here's a fun fact: I'm actually a huge Shadow fan myself, and a Team Dark fan. I've actually been of the most vocal fans of the character to the point that this whole forum can tell you straight up you're being ridiculous on that front alone with that ad hominem. But I'm a moderate enough fan of those to know that they're not the only characters people are interested in and that people have a much wider range a views than the narrow ones you continue to provide. So before you go about telling me to not assume things of people and not read their responses, how about you not prove their point to begin with? Because each post you've put out has already made it clear where you stand and how you perceive things, not all of which is actually true.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why is it that every 20 pages we have to do the whole "No one cares about the FF's" bit? It's not one of the other, yes the FF's have lots of fans and there are people that read the comic for them but it's also been stated multiple times that Sonic and the game characters are the ones that draw in the casual draw and a good portion of the more dedicated crowd. Would a book about the FF's sell enough to substain itself? Probably not, but do they really ruin the sales of the main comic that much? Arguably younger fans won't recognize them and won't be interesed in them, but I really doubt it's that big of a deal sales-wise.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, so it seems the most likely power sources for Omega - deduction-wise - would be Chaos Drive or some kind of an engine. Sounds legit enough for me, since yeah, GUN could've changed the wiring/something so that they could get rid of the bird and put in a Drive instead ih the bird/another small animal powering would be the case. If there'd be an engine though I suppose they wouldn't need to do that, so well. 

On ‎30‎.‎4‎.‎2017 at 6:31 AM, Kintor said:

Regardless, I you have an interested idea with the possibility that GUN could always upgrade of customise Omega. After all, Omega would need incremental upgrades to remain a cutting-edge killing machine. I'm sure that GUN could find many uses for that kind of utility, giving Omega different mission load outs etc. Although, in a practical sense that would start to make Omega function more like Mega Man then any of Eggman's robots.

Well gee, thanks a lot. ^_^ Omega becoming like Mega Man is kind of the feeling one could get from that Chaos Drive theory at least, though it would be quite interesting seeing Omega starting to doubt his violent way of action. :lol:

And then comes the debate train... where shoudl I hop off?

21 hours ago, SBR2 said:

It really bugs me how you keep saying "Who no one cares about" when what you really mean is "Who I don't care about". Personally I'd like to learn more about GUN and it's staff. I'd like to see Topaz Madonna explored more. I'd like to see more of Commander Tower's issues with Shadow being on the team. I'd like to see whatever Snivley's planning get more focus. I'd like to meet new GUN agents and see more adventures with Spider Troop.

This. This is just what I think. I want to see those GUN guys even more now. Why I always get the urge to see different characters whenever they're brought up? I care about all of them at least a little. And I really want to see the Almighty Snivlaa again as soon as possible. He hasn't got that good of a pokerface but somehow he still manages to get off-hook somehow. Pure talent I suppose.

12 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Well, that's sad. Reminds me of a summer job experience I once had... not that cool approximating-wise but at least it worked out fine enough. I hope this one does too. By the way, is anybody spying on ASO forums if they've got anything new? :huh:

10 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Gun is shadows advertising agency.

Oh jeez... At the risk of sounding a bit trollish, is that your theory of why GUN was founded in the first place or was it just a developement they've had over the 50 years of his existence? I'm just curious, I really haven't ever thought about it like that. Sorry that I nitpicked just one sentence but it stuck me in the eyes.

And while I'm on it, if you want to make a point of someone not having proofs while saying you don't have it, you'd look much more plausible if you'd show your evidence at the same time. Just a fixation I have, sorry. :blush:

2 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Also, here's a fun fact: I'm actually a huge Shadow fan myself, and a Team Dark fan. I've actually been of the most vocal fans of the character to the point that this whole forum can tell you straight up you're being ridiculous on that front alone with that ad hominem. But I'm a moderate enough fan of those to know that they're not the only characters people are interested in and that people have a much wider range a views than the narrow ones you continue to provide. So before you go about telling me to not assume things of people and not read their responses, how about you not prove their point to begin with? Because each post you've put out has already made it clear where you stand and how you perceive things, not all of which is actually true.

Well, that brought another fun fact to my mind; there's more "not-overly-obsessed" Shadow fans around that can actually talk about other things considering the franchise and are actually very good at it and know how to present their stuff in an understandable way anybody can get (than just @Conquering Storm's Servant).

And yes, I can get Shadow's cool but does it take something away from someone's "fan-ing" over one character if someone else likes a bit more of some other character? I think not.

This is actually maybe a problem that the fanbase has as a whole, not just the Shadow branch; over-eager fans who're maybe a bit too over-obsessed over their interests. Maybe I'm a bit too, but I like characters on such a large scale I might not get it... go figure.

1 hour ago, BlueSky said:

By the way, is anybody spying on ASO forums if they've got anything new? :huh:

Nothing new, last I checked. They're also still in the dark on what's going on.

23 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Agreed. After all, if a comic was to be made to focus on GUN, then I'd expect the agents of GUN to actually get some focus and characterisation.

I mean, Team Dark are important members, and if this was a real comic, then I'd understand having them as the primary focus... for the first arc. But give other members their share of the spotlight too, otherwise the comic would start to feel very same-y a lot quicker if it only ever involved Shadow and his team.

There's nothing wrong in focusing on other, lesser-known characters, especially when it gives you the chance to really develop them, and make them characters that you'd want to see more of in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

While I would like to see Topaz again, that will never happen. She's from Sonic X, and SEGA doesn't want to use the X characters in any other media. A shame, I liked her and her relationship with Rouge.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, RictalRose0 said:

While I would like to see Topaz again, that will never happen. She's from Sonic X, and SEGA doesn't want to use the X characters in any other media. A shame, I liked her and her relationship with Rouge.

That's why I jokingly referred to Madonna as Topaz. Because for all intents and purposes she is.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't really see it. We don't even know what Maddonna was like. And Topaz is a dirty sandy blond instead of a bringht blond like what Maddona's hair was. And she was a lot more... busty. Topaz is more normal looking in her body, but she does have a pretty face. But what I liked about her was her personality and her friendship with Rouge. It was interesing to see how a human and an anthro would get along and for said human to not be a kid/teenager for once.