Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

16 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Being mad, I understand. Pointing the blame at one party without having the facts straight though, is not a wise decision. Archie themselves have been shakey with the comic at times, so they haven't objectively escaped the blame radar in this debacle yet.

True we don't know the whole story.  But until we get more info my rage will be primarily aimed at SEGA & by default Ken Penders since he put Archie on SEGA's bad side to begin with all those years ago.

1 hour ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

SEGA is dead to me.  And I hope & Pray Ken Penders is eventually put in an asylum where he belongs because he's the one that started this whole mess back in 2012!

I just got done doing this in the Lara-Su thread, but I am going to ask that we cool it and not go this far. I understand, but I'd appreciate it if we could air our displeasure over this news without these sorts of outbursts. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

I just got done doing this in the Lara-Su thread, but I am going to ask that we cool it and not go this far. I understand, but I'd appreciate it if we could air our displeasure over this news without these sorts of outbursts. Thanks.

Apologies.  Won't happen again. 

To be more positive.... Hey at least we have new Ducktales cartoon & comics to look forward to thanks to DisneyXD & IDW.  Thats almost enough to fill the void Sonic has left until whoever gets it next brings it back.

• Thumbs Up 3

On the plus side: We got to finish the "Case of the Pirate Princess" Universe arc.

On the minus side: Part 4 of "Genesis of a Hero" (StH#291) and the 3rd part of Mega Drive "Overdrive" are now in limbo, alongside SU#95-97 & StH#292-293.

• Thumbs Up 5

The writing's been on the wall for Archie Sonic a long time now, but still I'm pretty sad to see the comic go. I just came here as soon as I heard about it to lament its passing because this comic was a huge part of my life. I'm actually having a huge wave of nostalgia coming in thinking back to weekends hanging out with my dad when we'd go out to the city and I'd always buy the comic during those trips when the new issue came out.

And yeah this comic certainly had its series of ups and downs much like the games, but damn it you have to admit this comic was a big part of this franchise's identity, and while we've essentially already gone through what it's like for it to be cancelled considering the over half a year long hiatus, to actually see it confirmed leaves a large impression. I know Sega said Sonic and comics isn't done but who knows how that'll turn out? In the meantime I wish the best to all the writers and artists that worked on it during its current run, hopefully they can all find steady work elsewhere provided Sega doesn't just rehire some of them to work on a potential new comic of course.

I know they won't see it here, but I have to extend a special thanks to Michael Gallagher, Ian Flynn, Tracey Yardley, Spaz, Scott Shaw, and recently Tyson Hesse; you guys did a great job during your runs on this series and are responsible for many great memories I've had with it. Godspeed you magnificent bastards.

• Thumbs Up 8

10 minutes ago, Arranos said:

On the plus side: We got to finish the "Case of the Pirate Princess" Universe arc.

On the minus side: Part 4 of "Genesis of a Hero" (StH#291) and the 3rd part of Mega Drive "Overdrive" are now in limbo, alongside SU#95-97 & StH#292-293.

on the upside, maybe Ian will finally be able to post Lost Hedgehog Tales

• Thumbs Up 7

4 minutes ago, Zulon Eredas said:

on the upside, maybe Ian will finally be able to post Lost Hedgehog Tales

I feel like that's not gonna come out for a while.

I'd appreciate seeing them, but not right now.

• Thumbs Up 4

35 minutes ago, Maxtiis said:

The writing's been on the wall for Archie Sonic a long time now, but still I'm pretty sad to see the comic go. I just came here as soon as I heard about it to lament its passing because this comic was a huge part of my life. I'm actually having a huge wave of nostalgia coming in thinking back to weekends hanging out with my dad when we'd go out to the city and I'd always buy the comic during those trips when the new issue came out.

And yeah this comic certainly had its series of ups and downs much like the games, but damn it you have to admit this comic was a big part of this franchise's identity, and while we've essentially already gone through what it's like for it to be cancelled considering the over half a year long hiatus, to actually see it confirmed leaves a large impression. I know Sega said Sonic and comics isn't done but who knows how that'll turn out? In the meantime I wish the best to all the writers and artists that worked on it during its current run, hopefully they can all find steady work elsewhere provided Sega doesn't just rehire some of them to work on a potential new comic of course.

I know they won't see it here, but I have to extend a special thanks to Michael Gallagher, Ian Flynn, Tracey Yardley, Spaz, Scott Shaw, and recently Tyson Hesse; you guys did a great job during your runs on this series and are responsible for many great memories I've had with it. Godspeed you magnificent bastards.

Same here.  I grew up with the comics, to me that was Sonic and the games were suplimentary.  They were one of the last things from my childhood I still loved that had survived along with me into adulthood and it really hurts to see them go.  I know its not the end of the world, but it still hurts.  Oh well at least I still have the Pokemon anime which is actually really fun again, Sun & Moon's adaption has been the breath of fresh air its needed for so long.

But yea, all we can do now is hope against all odds whoever gets the book next treats it well. *And hope against all hope that the FF somehow survive the move!*

• Thumbs Up 2

So with the comic ended, what does that mean for subscribers?

9 minutes ago, therealfalconpawnch77 said:

So with the comic ended, what does that mean for subscribers?

Ask for refunds now. they are just going to push you off into another Archie-related comic series like they did with Mega Man.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, goku262002 said:

Ask for refunds now. they are just going to push you off into another Archie-related comic series like they did with Mega Man.

Looks like I have a phone call to make.

Well saw that coming.

Not surprised at all really.

Rest in peace Bunnie, Sally, Antione, Snively, Rotor, Dulcy, Lupe and every other SatAM character.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Soniman said:

So is this now officially a dead topic?

1200 pages of discussion, the largest on the entire site, and nothing to show for it, god damn

Around 500 issues of characters, stories, and art spanning nearly a quarter of a century, and all of the joy, anger, love, hate, laughter, and sadness they brought with them. Friendships, romances, communities, fan art, fan fiction, tributes, memories, and all that came with it, including a shared enjoyment of a book that not only defied the odds by lasting as long as it did to become the longest consistently running licensed comic book of all time, but even outlasted SEGA's own tenure as a hardware manufacturer that led to its creation in the first place.

Nope, nothing to show for it at all.

• Thumbs Up 8

18 hours ago, Soniman said:

So is this now officially a dead topic?

1200 pages of discussion, the largest on the entire site, and nothing to show for it, god damn

A series being “finished” doesn’t necessarily mean we can no longer discuss the finer points of the entire series or individual facets of it. Yes, we won’t get further issues in this continuity of the license, but as long as interest to have a discussion remains it won’t be pointless at all.

• Thumbs Up 4

That's what this thread has been about from the beginning up until the hiatus and then again ever since the Hiatus discussion broke off into it's own thread, and that's what I assume this thread will continue to be unless or until people lose interest. Mods willing, it will be a place to discuss past stories, lost hedgehog tales, dreams of absolution in an alternate timeline. That's what I think anyway; that's how message board threads tend to work.

• Thumbs Up 4

18 hours ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

I can't even be mad at Archie, they are as much a victim as the fans.  

Pfft. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's a good one.

...Well F&%#

I don't feel like pointing fingers, argue or speculate, right now I'm just going to be sad.

Goodbye Archie Sonic, only medium I could trust win quality Sonic stories nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 2

Danggit, I really hoped it wouldn't happen. All those perfectly good characters and stories--left for a yardsale.

• Thumbs Up 3

Its pretty depressing to think of how far along the story would've been by now, were it not for Worlds Unite, last years printing delay, and now the 6 month silence before cancellation. That's, what, at least 10 potential issues?

I was actually really looking forward to the upcoming story arcs. I just wish we could've gotten through them (and probably ended up with curious months of unannounced stories) before cancellation.

• Thumbs Up 3

33 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Danggit, I really hoped it wouldn't happen. All those perfectly good characters and stories--left for a yardsale.

Hopefully won't be for sale. The last thing we need is Penders getting his hands on them.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, antyep said:

Hopefully won't be for sale. The last thing we need is Penders getting his hands on them.

I meant that metaphorically, but you have a point.

Speaking of sales, I wonder if (and/or hope) Archie can still sell the issues they've already completed since the hiatus started. After all, there's bound to be a few hundred that weren't released.

• Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

*Some random foul screaming in Finnish, then getting back to the Computer*

Speaking of which, how much does Antoine cost?

Just kidding, I haven't got that much money and space. And then there's the margarine problem... :blink:

I do not drink from the toilet, thank you very much (a nod to the Tails' Adventure SU arc).

• Thumbs Up 2