Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

4 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

*Some random foul screaming in Finnish, then getting back to the Computer*

Speaking of which, how much does Antoine cost?

Just kidding, I haven't got that much money and space. And then there's the margarine problem... :blink:

I do not drink from the toilet, thank you very much (a nod to the Tails' Adventure SU arc).

I for one plan to spend the next 20-40 years saving up $$$ to buy sonic & the FF lock stock & barrel from SEGA and then as a crazy old man slap Sally, Antoine, Bunnie & Rotors images all over every type of merchendise imaginable T-shirts, hats, backpacks,shoes, school supplies, cartoons, comics, ceral boxes the whole nine yards!

Sonic however will be a game exclusive character and only unlockable after you beat the main game or buy an overpriced toy to life figure!  Thats right, i'ma pull a spyro & Skylanders him & no one can stop me!!! MUHAHAHAHA!!!

eevl.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

I for one plan to spend the next 20-40 years saving up $$$ to buy sonic & the FF lock stock & barrel from SEGA and then as a crazy old man slap Sally, Antoine, Bunnie & Rotors images all over every type of merchendise imaginable T-shirts, hats, backpacks,shoes, school supplies, cartoons, comics, ceral boxes the whole nine yards!

You should slap them on something that's actually nine yards long. Then it would be the whole nine yards for a while nine yards.

I'll be here all week.

• Thumbs Up 3

19 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

Sonic however will be a game exclusive character and only unlockable after you beat the main game or buy an overpriced toy to life figure!  Thats right, i'ma pull a spyro & Skylanders him & no one can stop me!!! MUHAHAHAHA!!!

eevl.gif

YOU MAD MAN!! STOP IT!! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!

It be sad if Sonic fell in Spyro's fate, but if it was under the FFs franchise I laugh XD

Speaking of stock, I love to buy Sega. Some Sonic games ideas I have, like a new Sonic Rush game for example. Blaze's kingdom will be explored dammit!!

• Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, antyep said:

YOU MAD MAN!! STOP IT!! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!

It be sad if Sonic fell in Spyro's fate, but if it was under the FFs franchise I laugh XD

Speaking of stock, I love to buy Sega. Some Sonic games ideas I have, like a new Sonic Rush game for example. Blaze's kingdom will be explored dammit!!

LOL.

In all honesty though if SEGA were half the evil masterminds they wish they were they would jump into the toys to life market while its weak and revitalize it.  I mean plenty of fans would pay good $$$ to have figurines of thier fave Archie/AOSTH/Satam/SEGA Sonic Chars to display.  It would practically print money!  Well at least for the first year anyway. XD

Also yes for the love of hog give Blaze her own game so we can explore more of her world! 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

LOL.

In all honesty though if SEGA were half the evil masterminds they wish they were they would jump into the toys to life market while its weak and revitalize it.  I mean plenty of fans would pay good $$$ to have figurines of thier fave Archie/AOSTH/Satam/SEGA Sonic Chars to display.  It would practically print money!  Well at least for the first year anyway. XD 

Sounds legit enough, that'd probably work.

Though personally, I'm more of a plushie-person than figurine person, something about figurines just don't click with me... :D

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey, you can stick an NFC chip in plushies too. That's what Nintendo did for their woolly Yoshi Amiibo.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, BlueSky said:

Sounds legit enough, that'd probably work.

Though personally, I'm more of a plushie-person than figurine person, something about figurines just don't click with me... :D

To think, Sally once had her own plushie line in that old Sega amusement park.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Borvoc said:

Hey, you can stick an NFC chip in plushies too. That's what Nintendo did for their woolly Yoshi Amiibo.

Sonic's Plushie Island would be an amazing & adorable game. :blush:

• Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

I can't even be mad at Archie, they are as much a victim as the fans.  SEGA can't decide what they want to do with their own darn franchise and unfairly punish a small indie comic publisher and the thousands that read the book since they were kids! ??

Man, look, I pretty much hate Sonic, too, at this point. The games don't interest me, and aside from Forces' earliest reveals (which pretty much got shot down the moment Infinite was revealed, Classic Sonic was pushing that button already) Archie was the only bit of Sonic keeping me interested in Sonic.

Thing is, we can't really entirely blame SEGA for all this, or Penders. it's a fucked up situation that really ended in a fucked up way. SEGA doesn't want to keep getting dragged to court every few years because some old comic contributor gets it in his head that "man, I could really make bank off this." We were lucky, originally, we weren't going to be lucky twice.

I'm sure SEGA would've been fine letting Archie continue because it gave them a little extra money. But it probably wasn't worth the extra expense of court hearings. It'd been nice if there were a way to continue the comic without Archie's... ineptness... when it comes to handling legal documentation.

• Thumbs Up 8

16 hours ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

eevl.gif

Honestly, I'd love it if a fan could actually buy Sonic and the FFs and release things like this. I'd definitely buy some plushies and T-shirts with certain characters on them.

Realistically though, you might have to save up longer than that. One thing most people tend to ignore is that Sega's actually worth billions,

As for the situation at hand, I do hope they continue the comic in some way sooner than later. I'd prefer not to get another reboot, but it's what I'm expecting to happen if it goes to a new publisher.

Goodbye Archie Sonic. We've had a love/hate relationship ever since my favorite characters were removed from the universe, but still, it'd have been nice for it to end on better terms.

• Thumbs Up 2

so, i think this belongs here,

i was going through some of my favorite issues and i noted something i felt like sharing,

Capturar.thumb.PNG.9fb812575187a0372749e2f52653c0e9.PNG

in this panel during the Iron Dominion arc Eggman says "cell block override authority ε γ γ" , i read it so many times but it never occurred to me that ε γ γ translates to E G G...

I'm feeling so dumb right now

• Thumbs Up 8

Now if IF another publisher picks up from where Archie left off I'd almost hope they just write the delay and publisher jump into the plot and do a Forces adaptation as a jumping off point. Then later going back and do #292-300 as a concurrent Maxi-series to tie up loose ends from the Archie series.

As for Genesis of a Hero part 4 and Mega Drive Overdrive maybe just release them as a tie in trade/hardcover of Classic Sonic focused adventures collecting all 4 parts of Genesis of a Hero and all three Mega Drives.

I mean it's very unlikely to impossible but who knows?

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm not very hopeful about Forces, but having a timely video game tie-in does make good business sense for both sides, and even the worst story can be spruced up and made much better when adapted by a good writer.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Evercross said:

Honestly, I'd love it if a fan could actually buy Sonic and the FFs and release things like this. I'd definitely buy some plushies and T-shirts with certain characters on them.

Realistically though, you might have to save up longer than that. One thing most people tend to ignore is that Sega's actually worth billions,

Soo, should someone start a kickstarter or something then? That could maybe work if there's enough luck in the process... :blink:

2 hours ago, NikoS said:

so, i think this belongs here,

i was going through some of my favorite issues and i noted something i felt like sharing,

Capturar.thumb.PNG.9fb812575187a0372749e2f52653c0e9.PNG

in this panel during the Iron Dominion arc Eggman says "cell block override authority ε γ γ" , i read it so many times but it never occurred to me that ε γ γ translates to E G G...

I'm feeling so dumb right now

I never noticed before that he mentions the Ultimate Annihilator, which was his predecessors weapon (the one from Endgame). Was it ever established that Eggman's own history included him making it too (and somehow not ending with him being erased by it)?

• Thumbs Up 2

Ya know when all said and done, despite ARchie not getting a proper conclusion I am at least grateful the Unleashed arc did, how much of a kick to the dick that would've been if that three year arc went unfinished?? 

• Thumbs Up 8

45 minutes ago, Tylinos said:

Ian explains that Iron Dominion was a joke pitch he inserted among his actual #200 pitches to make the rest look better, and had to scramble to make it work when it was approved.

That explains a lot lol

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Tylinos said:

2:00:40 - Ian explains that Iron Dominion was a joke pitch he inserted among his actual #200 pitches to make the rest look better, and had to scramble to make it work when it was approved.

Well, come on, it wasn't that bad... he made it work even like that. He should've known this is something not too uncommon, I just can't remember the other people who've had same kind of incidents... :rolleyes:

Why I suddenly feel so alone about the fact I actually liked the stuff in on that arc? <_<

• Thumbs Up 5

You know, given How IDW does franchises similiar to Sonic like TMNT & MLP, I actually wonder if they would do 2 books right out the gate?

If they go the TMNT route I could see the "main" book thats their own thing going alongside a "kids" book that's either something simmilar to Archie Sonic or Sonic Boom *maybe a weird mix of the 2*

Or they could do simmilar to what Archie does with STH/SU and they themselves with TMNT/TMNTU a main book to focus on Sonic, Tails, Amy & Eggman and an SU style book for The Freedom Fighters, Knuckles, Blaze, Silver, Shadow, Chaotix, Mighty & Ray, Nack, Bean & Bark, Sticks, etc.

Hopefully we get more info about the comic at NYCC this Fall.

• Thumbs Up 2

I imagine the first solicits will be up at the end of the year. Then we'll see what direction the comics will go in. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Let's take a moment to talk about digital comics:

I assume that Archie have some kind of grace period that allows them to continued selling their back issues on their shop and to keep the Sonic titles on their own reader app for a time.

But what happens after that? I know the answer is obvious for the former, but what about the latter? When the comics disappear from the app, what does that mean for the issues I and many others have purchased there? Will they be transfered to Comixology? Maybe IDW could even be given the rights to distribute the Archie Sonic library on their app, and have them be transferred there?

Whatever the answer is, I just don't want to lose my digital issues that I paid to have.

• Thumbs Up 8

Has anybody asked anywhere about that, like their customer service?

I know, stupid question...

• Thumbs Up 2