Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:29 PM, RedFox99 said:

I have a question: what would you change in Worlds Unite to make it better?

That's a very interesting question: I would have kept Sigma, the Mega Man X characters and Sticks, but not the other Boom characters, and the SatAM cast in a smaller role. I would have made it like Sonic, Rock, X and Sticks travel to different Capcom and SEGA universes for the whole story, with various twists and turns, while being chased by Sigma. It's not necessarily the best approach, but it's the one I would have preferred.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

That's a very interesting question: I would have kept Sigma, the Mega Man X characters and Sticks, but not the other Boom characters, and the SatAM cast in a smaller role. I would have made it like Sonic, Rock, X and Sticks travel to different Capcom and SEGA universes for the whole story, with various twists and turns, while being chased by Sigma. It's not necessarily the best approach, but it's the one I would have preferred.

I didn't read it yet but I find it odd that they used Comedy Chimp and Fastidous.

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

I didn't read it yet but I find it odd that they used Comedy Chimp and Fastidous.

It's because they couldn't use the rest of Team Sonic and those two are the most recognizable of the Boom cast after Sticks and possibly Lyric, who Mr. Flynn considered but wasn't allowed to use.

• Thumbs Up 5

6 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

It's because they couldn't use the rest of Team Sonic and those two are the most recognizable of the Boom cast after Sticks and possibly Lyric, who Mr. Flynn considered but wasn't allowed to use.

Makes you wonder if that's different now.

He was allowed to show Boom Orbot and Cubot. I guess they're interchangeable. Strange that those two were the only characters common to both universes they were allowed to use. 

• Thumbs Up 1

they showed eggman (and sonic and crew), briefly IIRC, but every time they appeared there was a yellow box saying "that's the Sonic Boom Eggman" and so on

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

What could interesting would be a crossover between the New comics and boom.

We would need several issues of the new comics to begin to imagine how that would be.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Has Amy ever had a personal rival/villain?

I think maybe the closet would be Rouge and even then it's a bit inconsistent.

40 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I wonder what their motivation for rivalry would be?

I can only think of it relating to Sonic.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Zero from SA1. Sally Acorn on meta logic.

As for those extra SU: look pretty cool, although nothing "I NEED THIS TO LIIIIIIIVE" sorta of stuff.

2 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Sally Acorn on meta logic.

Translation: Bullshit "That's My Man!" Catfighting nonsense that's totally disrespectful of both characters.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

I think maybe the closet would be Rouge and even then it's a bit inconsistent.

Eh, I wouldn't overly count her, personally. Then again, I think there was something in Sonic Battle that might happen.

43 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

I wonder what their motivation for rivalry would be?

I can only think of it relating to Sonic.

Eh, could be, but not necessarily. 

9 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Zero from SA1. Sally Acorn on meta logic.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him. But he's busy either being dead or still floating around in the Special Zone.

Ignoring Sally because some fans are petty, misplaced, and occasionally stupid. I'm glad the reboot had them partnering up on occasion over fueling that nonsense.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

Admittedly, it was a little hard to ignore the Sally thing. Not that she was a "rival" of course. That's stupid.

One of Amy's big character traits is her infatuation for Sonic and one of Sally's is also that she's his romantic love interest. I don't really care a whole lot about pairings (if at all) but I could imagine someone finding it hard not to notice how weird the dynamic is. Someone like me from the games who's used to Amy is now coming into a different continuity where she and Sally are both there and now has to witness the author kind of dance around how he uses them...

Sometimes when the romantic stuff was getting focus, it didn't seem all that well handled when both Amy and Sally were brought into the occassion. I'm happy that all stopped when the reboot happened. Some things are probably best not to forced to work in unison with each other, maybe.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, DabigRG said:

You forgot Perci. Was she also barred?

On the topic of Worlds Unite:

* Toss in Archie, as in Archie Andrews. He could be the Audience Surrogate. 

* Have some of the Sonic characters get turned into Mavericks.

* Make the old universe matter to the plot, and maybe make some lawyer-friendly nods to other worlds like Namco, Marvel, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

6 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

On the topic of Worlds Unite:

* Toss in Archie, as in Archie Andrews. He could be the Audience Surrogate. 

* Have some of the Sonic characters get turned into Mavericks.

* Make the old universe matter to the plot, and maybe make some lawyer-friendly nods to other worlds like Namco, Marvel, etc.

She wasn't in the comics at all. 

12 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

I don't know, but she doesn't really count anyway.

While she did amass a following among certain online crowds, in the context of the series proper, her apparent intended role in the game where she was relevant was downgraded and/or underutilized in the released product and she has mainly been used as a holdover extra in the comedy-based show that has little use for her with Lyric absent and Eggman being the only recurring "major" threat.

As I previously explained in the Boom thread, she's just straight up out of place in a snarky comedy based show with action and occasionally adventure elements that takes place in a village. It's telling that she has a named shameless clone for bit situations and that the only episode to truly showcase her specifically has Team Sonic's exaggerated interpretations of her front and center until the last 2-3 minutes.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

I think she could have fit within the reboot comics when you think about.

Very true. Assuming SEGA would let them use Boom Material.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Very true. Assuming SEGA would let them use Boom Material.

Well Ian did say bits of Boom would be in the New comics. I could see her Maybe going Angel Island with Cliff to look at the Echidna artifacts.

That's why I think it could've be nice if the series had more serious to help balance out the comedy.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/20/2017 at 10:32 AM, RedFox99 said:

Well Ian did say bits of Boom would be in the New comics. I could see her Maybe going Angel Island with Cliff to look at the Echidna artifacts.

That's why I think it could've be nice if the series had more serious to help balance out the comedy.

Eh...I guess? I know it's been quite some time since I saw any dedicated Rise of Lyric, but I don't know if it would make much sense for those two to be collaborating. Plus, I'm not that keen on Cliff, but that's really not a big deal.

And to be fair, I'm pretty sure it's been established that the show originally had nothing to do with the game, making her pointless presence in the former a bit odd.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh...I guess? I know it's been quite some time since I saw any dedicated Rise of Lyric, but I don't know if it would make much sense for those two to be collaborating. Plus, I'm not that keen on Cliff, but that's really not a big deal.

And to be fair, I'm pretty sure it's been established that the show originally had nothing to do with the game, making her pointless presence in the former a bit odd.

Well I imagined that Perci's family would be connected to the Ancients and with Cliff as an archeologist, they would have a common interest but I see what you mean.

I imagine she was added in like Shadow because people liked her.