Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Man, Forces' story would've made for a brilliant story arc. It would've been a great excuse to bring the comic back to that "Eggman controls the vast majority of the world" status quo the old continuity had.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 2

"Would've"? It still might; we don't really know yet.

Edit: Whoops, my bad. I thought I was in the IDW thread when I posted that. Suffice to say, the option seems to be there.

• Nice Smile 1

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

What's that issue about again?

A crossover with Image comics heroes with special guest appearances of Mulder and Scully from The X-Files.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:

A crossover with Image comics heroes with special guest appearances of Mulder and Scully from The X-Files.

Huh... sounds unusual. Also does Linkara specifically name drop Penders?

8 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:

*Sculder and Mully

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2
  • Chuckle 3

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

That sounds potentially broken. And really, only Thunderbolt, Hood, and maybe Maw would really get any usage of it.

And yes, Thunderbolt with the Ruby would be terrifying.

I can see all of them getting some strong mileage out of it, not just Thunderbolt, Hood, and Maw.

Ahklut would definitely be a force to reckon with, Abyss would be a lot more dangerous, and who knows what Conquering Storm or Nephthys would be capable of. And if Battle Lord were still in league with the Empire, his bombs would be given an even bigger power up. Only difficulty I would have imagining what they would do would be Cassia and Clove, which actually gives a lot of leeway in what they could do given that Infinite could project damn near whatever he wanted with the prototype.

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Huh... sounds unusual. Also does Linkara specifically name drop Penders?

Well the review was made in 2014 and he comments on the Penders lawsuit before actually starting the review. Even though the comic in question was made before the Genesis Wave reboot.

• Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:

Well the review was made in 2014 and he comments on the Penders lawsuit before actually starting the review. Even though the comic in question was made before the Genesis Wave reboot.

Fun fact: he made the review because Evan Stanley inserted him into 257 as a cameo. She basically went "I put you in the comic so you gotta do it now" :-P

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

6 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Fun fact: he made the review because Evan Stanley inserted him into 257 as a cameo. She basically went "I put you in the comic so you gotta do it now" :-P

I'm still waiting for him to review that issue of Littlest Pet Shop.

On 10.11.2017 at 9:45 PM, Ernest-Panda said:

That moment was awesome.

The only thing about that comic cameo I feel is a bit off is the colouring, but then again it's prolly just me.

13 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Did anyone ever tell Penders about Linkara? 

I hope not. I don't think he deserves to be @'d by him for the rest of his life.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

Aside from my typical "Screw Worlds Unite," it was Sonic 06 all over again.

Made me feel like the whole thing was pointless and screwed up the main comic's pacing.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Aside from my typical "Screw Worlds Unite," it was Sonic 06 all over again.

Made me feel like the whole thing was pointless and screwed up the main comic's pacing.

Did the comic ever recover after World Unite?

Do you think Ian regrets that crossover?

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

Not as well as preferred by fans and the team, but it did what it could to get back on track, I can say that much.

Universe actually managed to bounce back much better tho.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Not as well as preferred by fans and the team, but it did what it could to get back on track, I can say that much.

Universe actually managed to bounce back much better tho.

Sad that it kind went through seasonal rot near the end. Makes you wonder how different things could've been with WU.

2 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

So how did most people feel about WU's ending?

What was the ending? Like, I remember Super Sonic and a Golden Super Adapter Megaman fighting Sigma, then Sticks going home to tell Team Boom!Sonic about what happened, Xander Payne becoming Mr. X, Sonic checking up on Shadow since he remembers him dying, and Eggman deciding to hold off on attacking the Lost Hex. Also, something about a Nexus between the multiple universes

36 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Eh, probably depends on who you ask, really.

I know Archie Sonic put the pedal to the medal on wrapping up Unleashed concerning the Gaia Temples and Keys. I do wonder if that was always the plan or if WU gave a buffer period for the decision to be made with the current reception in mind. 

I don't remember where Universe was when it happened, but most of the arcs were great afterwards. 

35 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Do you think Ian regrets that crossover?

At the very least, he admits/realizes that there were way too many characters.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I get the impression that Worlds Unite was a victim of considerable executive meddling - probably, indeed, mandated on an executive level rather than being something Ian was particularly eager to do - so while I imagine he feels regret, I doubt that he feels too guilty about how it turned out.

• Thumbs Up 4

What did you guys think of the Pirate Plunder Panic arc? To be honest, so far it's my least favorite arc mostly because of how Blaze is written since this seemed to be her only appearance in the reboot comics.

I gotta be frank, whenever people say they dislike how Blaze was presented in PPP, it tells me two things:

1) They don't understand the meaning of Context and Narrative 

2) They don't know anything about Blaze's character

And I say this because nothing in that arc had anything wrong with Blaze as a character in that arc. She was portrayed as the regal responsible princess who had fiery, hotheaded moments when something set her off. Is that not how she is in the games?

People get upset with Blaze getting taken out here almost in a similar manner that Shadow fanboys get upset when someone manages to best their favorite character. But this is a special case for Blaze here because this ignores two things about how she was written and handled:

1) She's the biggest threat to the enemy--That can't be emphasized enough because the context in the story made it clear that none of them were willing to go up to Blaze head-on, even when she was on their ship and had a number advantage. She essentially snuck into enemy territory, got busted and surrendered, and yet none of the enemy crew rushed to subdue her until she was pissed off and not thinking clearly enough where they could get the drop on her. Capt Metal and his crew had knowledge of Blaze and they planned accordingly, mostly by taking advantage of the current situation when they could and other parts being prepared. In essence, none of them wanted to fight her, hence why Metal went for an ultimatum of forcing Blaze's surrender when she got onboard his ship or he'd kill her friends (which he proceeded to do anyway). And who the hell wouldn't be pissed beyond reason when their friends supposedly get murder when you wanted to avoid risking their lives? It was that moment when Blaze lost her cool that gave the emeny a moment to take advantage of to subdue her--she focused her rage on Metal, the leader, and forgot about the other crew that managed to knock her out. Yes, Blaze is one of the hard hitters of the series, but it's like people don't expect her to have any flaws that can be taken advantage of or for her to make lapses in judgment that would make her vulnerable.

2) The next thing that seems to be overlooked is that Blaze, while captive, wasn't so passive that she was intentionally weakened by the writers. She was still powerful, so the writers wrote the opposition to be clever enough to counter her and keep her from retailing in a way that would cost her. Not just with the histage situation above, but in locking her into something her fire powers would take a while to get her out of. Even then, Blaze threatened to just blast them through the bars, and only kept from doing so because they prepared for that--in spite of that, Blaze restrained herself until she saw a better opportunity to break out and strike back.

Now I can understand that Blaze wasn't able to make as many appearances, that much can't be disputed. But how Blaze was handled in her defeat was no different to how it was when Eggman handed Super Sonic his ass in the opening of Unleashed.

Feel free to elaborate if I'm off the mark and misreading things, but the complaints against Blaze here come across more like a classic case of "I don't like when a character I like is put in a disadvantage or loses in a fight" and ignoring that she still won at the end of the matter. Matter of fact, it no different to how they've handled other characters: even Shadow has been bested and countered, in ways even more harshly than Blaze.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Promotion 1

@Conquering Storm's Servant Wow, you actually have good points there. I guess it's that she was defeated twice (and admittedly the bunk on the head was rsther cartoony) and she spent one whole issue in a cage which prevented her from doing much. Plus, this was her last appararnce in the comic even though she was going to reappear.