Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

22 minutes ago, silvereye27 said:

Sonic gets laid on milestone issues?

Well the evil dudes that look like him do.

wait...

"Metal, Shadow you two sit back down!"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

20 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh yeah, he did fall to the planet, didn't he?

I'm not even sure. The Adventure 2 adaptation in issue #98 - I think - only has 2 segments, the first segment basically being a retelling of the City Escape level from the game, ending with a panel just saying to find out how it continues if you buy the game, and second segment being Shadow's backstory. I think in an issue afterwards, Sonic says something about Adventure 2 happening off screen and defeating Shadow, despite Tails, Knuckles and Amy all doing their own thing it seems like the implication is that Adventure 2 happened in the comic verse off screen.. I found it funny as well that Rouge in the comic gets literally a 1 panel cameo, and then only afterwards does she actually start popping up too.

Also, as much as I kid about Sonic getting laid, how can you not get that interpretation from this panel at the end of #151?

zAYBkU3.png

• Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, silvereye27 said:

I'm not even sure. The Adventure 2 adaptation in issue #98 - I think - only has 2 segments, the first segment basically being a retelling of the City Escape level from the game, ending with a panel just saying to find out how it continues if you buy the game, and second segment being Shadow's backstory. 

With brown-ponytailed Maria and this neat one-shot detective dude, iirc.

4 minutes ago, silvereye27 said:

I think in an issue afterwards, Sonic says something about Adventure 2 happening off screen and defeating Shadow, despite Tails, Knuckles and Amy all doing their own thing it seems like the implication is that Adventure 2 happened in the comic verse off screen.

Yeah, Tails wasn't Tails, Knuckles was green/dead, and I wanna say Amy was with her cousin at the time, which means SA2 was basically just Sonic, Shadow, Rouge, and maybe Eggman in the comic.

Boy, what a handicapped mess of a licensed work.

4 minutes ago, silvereye27 said:

I found it funny as well that Rouge in the comic gets literally a 1 panel cameo, and then only afterwards does she actually start popping up too.

Oh yeah, she did/would've debut in that issue!

Wasn't her next appearance a batfight with Bunnie? 

2 minutes ago, silvereye27 said:

Also, as much as I kid about Sonic getting laid, how can you not get that interpretation from this panel at the end of #151?

Oh no, dude, I remember that issue. And forget Rouge--Bunnie is aaall you need!

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if it was her next appearance, but she does indeed have a fight with Bunnie, purely because they didn't know they were on the same side which was a bit dumb.

Heh, not sure I want to descend into talking about who the sexiest Sonic girl is. 😛 But Bunnie is pretty cool, and who doesn't love Southern accents?

• Fist Bump 1

17 minutes ago, silvereye27 said:

zAYBkU3.png

That panel’s nothing compared to...

AwCRfz.jpg

• Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 3

Ha, you are right. I must admit, I do find the whole love triange and occasionally vague sexual nature of the Archie comic fascinating. I always wander what kids must of thought about it, whether they ever really cared about Sonic being with Sally or shipping him with other characters.

I guess I just find it fascinating because I just can't think of any other kid franchise like that.

34 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Wasn't her next appearance a batfight with Bunnie?

Oh, yeah 116, it's not quite as out there as I remembered it. I think it was mostly the team having some fun with their surprisingly similar assets power sets. They're both hard hitting flyers. 

17 minutes ago, silvereye27 said:

Not sure if it was her next appearance, but she does indeed have a fight with Bunnie, purely because they didn't know they were on the same side which was a bit dumb.

Yeah, weren't they commissioned/contacted by the President to help deal with that weird Eggman-Beetle thing.

19 minutes ago, silvereye27 said:

Heh, not sure I want to descend into talking about who the sexiest Sonic girl is. 😛 But Bunnie is pretty cool, and who doesn't love Southern accents?

She's neat, I guess.

But then again, I can't really say I remember when I thought about putting a *bumper* to a Mobian chick.

3 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Oh, yeah 116, it's not quite as out there as I remembered it. I think it was mostly the team having some fun with their surprisingly similar power sets. They're both hard hitting flyers. 

Pretty much, I guess. And they were both Sax-cymbals to boot.

Sonic and getting laid  by Rouge doesn't seem right, Shadow and Knuckles maybe. Hell I'm surprised Shadow wasn't a ladies man when he was introduced in the comics since he's has the most dynamic interaction with girls.

3 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

Sonic and getting laid  by Rouge doesn't seem right, Shadow and Knuckles maybe. 

Good thing it was Scourge then.

3 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

Hell I'm surprised Shadow wasn't a ladies man when he was introduced in the comics since he's has the most dynamic interaction with girls.

Uh....huh?

16 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, Tails wasn't Tails, Knuckles was green/dead, and I wanna say Amy was with her cousin at the time, which means SA2 was basically just Sonic, Shadow, Rouge, and maybe Eggman in the comic.

Boy, what a handicapped mess of a licensed work.

Yep, that's how it wound up playing out.

Does anyone know where I can find the script and unused pages of issue 292? I'd kind of like to read those seeing as it was a bittersweet ending to the book to see everyone move on. 

On 7/12/2018 at 7:03 PM, DabigRG said:

and don't forget Robotnik can not touch anyone at all during this or they're suddenly a robot. 🙃

Or was that the first thing he did when he got back in the next issue? It was dangerously close either way.

“I think the implication was that SA2 happened off-screen*

...have you all just flat out forgotten that the flashback story in Sonic Universe #2 was a thing?

On 7/11/2018 at 11:46 PM, RedFox99 said:

Which arc did you feel was worse: House of Cards or Worlds Unite? 

O___O

Man, I liked House of Cards! Of course it wasn't perfect but it was interesting, and that's how I like my comics. I would've loved to see it as a longer version (something like the one of which Mr. Flynn talked around a little that was what he intended to write at first or something that one time in one of those BumbleKasts or somewhere if I recall right) but well, it was an interesting story anyway.

And well, WU felt not as good, but well, I think some extra pages would've done miracles to it. There just was no space to breathe, though at least the story was happening continuously and I don't think it felt like it was dragging at any point... But yeah, the timing could've been a lot better too. It was readable but I would gladly take a little more profound SWC version over it.

Though I could tolerate few WU's in-between "the real" continuation if that would mean we'd still have Archie Sonic running strong...

Now, that brought my mind the fact Pre-SGW Sonic did feel less of a jerk than post-SGW to me. Pre-SGW Sonic did ater all usually get some of his actions were just a bit too much, and most of the time he was at least in a + - = 0 type of state, and the fact he could realise he went too far (after some time even) is a good thing.

Though with Post-SGW Sonic it felt to me more like he didn't even realise he'd sound a bit too much of a jerk at least for an outsider.

But then again, if you're a hero the whole world loves, I suppose it could cause some effects in his habits... Again, just my own opinions, feel free to disagree.

Gee, I know after this Scourge's pre-evolution chickhunt discussion thinking of the chest area would be more logical but somehow I just got an earworm about a chorus of a song (in which the singer sings how when he walks down the street he sees butts everywhere) out of this.

Sadly it's in Finnish.

Though if I think about Sonic clones, I somehow find him the most womanizing one out of them. Prolly because that's something they estabilished for him, at least before he radiated himself green.

Maybe that had some other effects than just the colour etc. on him... or he just ran out.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

On 7/12/2018 at 5:10 PM, silvereye27 said:

Sonic gets laid on milestone issues?

What bothers me about that arc is that Evil Sonic is being a womanizing douche and outside of Bunnie going "Are you alright" once nobody questions why he's being so weird. 

I mean despite everyone talking about how much of a Player Sonic is in the Archie continuity outside of his confirmed relationship with Sally and his hinted/totally one sided relationshipwith Mina he really didn't sleep around that much. I mean yes Penders Sonic is a douche but he was at Turbo levels there and somehow nobody realizes this isn't Sonic. Hell Bunnie is more or less confimed to have slept with him. What the actual hell Penders? 

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

...have you all just flat out forgotten that the flashback story in Sonic Universe #2 was a thing?

Yeah.... something like 8 years after the fact. Silvereye's tackling this stuff in order, won't get there for a looong time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

5 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

That's what I was referencing.

3 hours ago, SBR2 said:

What bothers me about that arc is that Evil Sonic is being a womanizing douche and outside of Bunnie going "Are you alright" once nobody questions why he's being so weird. 

I mean despite everyone talking about how much of a Player Sonic is in the Archie continuity outside of his confirmed relationship with Sally and his hinted/totally one sided relationshipwith Mina he really didn't sleep around that much. I mean yes Penders Sonic is a douche but he was at Turbo levels there and somehow nobody realizes this isn't Sonic. Hell Bunnie is more or less confimed to have slept with him. What the actual hell Penders? 

Well, come to think of it, it is pretty strange.

Or was it some unpublished (head)canon that in offpanel Sonic has some time-to-time tendencies nobody cares to think about anymore and just considers that stuff as him "just having one of those days again".

That'd be kind of worrying. And pretty out of character I think. Sonic wasn't really described in that way as far as I can think of it.

Sonic had to many invincible hero moments compared to his rivals. And he was overly hero whorshipped I wonder what was the point of putting Silver and Shadow in this series if their accomplisments aren't gonna get highlighted on Sonic's level or close to it. Hell Shadow was remembered as a tyrant and Silver still was the butt monkey of the main hedgehog heroes.

And he was overly hero whorshipped I wonder what was the point of putting Silver and Shadow in this series if their accomplisments aren't gonna get highlighted on Sonic's level or close to it.

Because there are many other things to do with a character than making them "whorshipped" ? For me, Shadow and Silver got even some more interesting evolution than Sonic, mostly in the first continuity though. (how Flynn handled Shadow going to GUN, for instance, or how many stories Silver got, even if his search for the "traitor" got to be a bit of a running gag, even if I really liked how it was solved)

And if we are talking about "invincible here moments", the biggest of them all was for Silver. Battling Enerjak head-to-head without even a Super Form is for me one of the most powerfull thing that a character did xD

• Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of the comics SA2 adaptation, lets fill in the gaps.

SU#2 covered a lot of how the game played out in the Archieverse, but not everything.

Let’s look at the timeline of what we do know:

• 3 months before: Eggman stumbles upon Shadow in stasis, and his grandfather’s diary after being chased to Prison Island by Silver Sonic II. (This supposedly happens not long after the events of StH#85).
  • One week before: Shadow steals Station Square’s only remaining Chaos Emerald, destroying Silver Sonic II as he does. The government begin their investigation on the matter: Rouge the Bat is hired to retrieve the Emerald...
  • The day before: ...and Paladin Team Sigma Alpha-2 to apprehend Sonic.
  • After helping the Royal Secret Service to retreave the Sword of Acorns (disguised as “The Sneak”), Sonic is ambushed and captured by Sigma Alpha-2. Over Station Square, Sonic escapes from their helicopter and goes on the run through the streets below. An oversized truck was deployed to run him down (StH#98)
  • ???
  • Sonic and Shadow come face to face on Prison Island, they battle. Eggman informs Shadow the island is about to blow up. Sonic and Shadow agree on a temporary truce so they can save Rouge, who’s trapped in the vault with the Chaos Emeralds. Shadow Chaos Controls himself, Sonic and Rouge to the desert (Pyramid Cave). Shadow takes the Emeralds and leaves the two of them there. Sonic and Rouge head into the pyramid together. (SU#2)
  • ???
  • Inside the pyramid, Sonic takes cover from an E-100 robot, while Rouge is elsewhere working on “a key”. (SU#2)
  • ???
  • Sonic and Rouge take the rocket up to the Space Colony Ark. (SU#2)
  • ???
  • Sonic confronts Shadow on the Ark, they battle. Rouge interrupts over the intercom saying “there’s a video here that (Shadow) should see”... (SU#2)
  • ???
  • Sonic and Shadow battle the Biolizard inside the cannons core, before it Chaos Control’s away, fuses itself to the front of the Ark and begins pulling it toward Mobius. Sonic reminds Shadow that they have seven “trump cards right here” (the Emeralds). (SU#2)
  • Sonic and Shadow go Super, destroy the Biolizard, and Chaos Control the Ark back into its usual orbit. Shadow falls to Mobius after running out of power... (SU#2)
  • ???
  • Back on Mobius, Sonic and Tails sneak back home under cover of darkness, only to be caught by Jules and Bernie and get scolded for vanishing for so long, and so on. (StH#99)

What do you think happened in the parts we didn’t see?

• Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

Sonic had to many invincible hero moments compared to his rivals. .

Uh, define "invincible hero moment."

4 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

. And he was overly hero whorshipped I wonder what was the point of putting Silver and Shadow in this series if their accomplisments aren't gonna get highlighted on Sonic's level or close to it. Hell Shadow was remembered as a tyrant and Silver still was the butt monkey of the main hedgehog heroes.

That's likely because Sonic had been around for years saving the day, whereas Shadow was a bit of a hostile wild card for a while and Silver was a very recent, relatively unknown player from the distant future who would join a group dedicated to operating in secret.

And you do realize that Shadow becoming a tyrant is something that came about from the future King Sonic having to do something about the temporal issues, right? 

Not entirely sure what you're getting at with Silver, though, as his arc still in progress when the Super Genesis Wave happened.

4 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

• Sonic and Shadow come face to face on Prison Island, they battle. Eggman informs Shadow the island is about to blow up. Sonic and Shadow agree on a temporary truce so they can save Rouge, who’s trapped in the vault with the Chaos Emeralds. Shadow Chaos Controls himself, Sonic and Rouge to the desert (Pyramid Cave). Shadow takes the Emeralds and leaves the two of them there. Sonic and Rouge head into the pyramid together. (SU#2)
  •  
  • Sonic and Rouge take the rocket up to the Space Colony Ark. (SU#2)
  • ???
  •  

Kinda like the idea of Sonic and Shadow calling a temporary truce, even if he ended up putting Sonic in position to mess up the Robotniks' plans.

Sonic and Rouge working together for a bit is a tad too convenient, though. Ah well.

• Back on Mobius, Sonic and Tails sneak back home under cover of darkness, only to be caught by Jules and Bernie and get scolded for vanishing for so long, and so on. (StH#99)

Wait, so Tails was involved at some point? Do'h!

Considering they kinda needed the Master Emerald to force the Biolizard to take the stand it did, I couldn't hazard a guess.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

44 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Uh, define "invincible hero moment."

The worlds collide stuff where he btfo'd every robot master in quick succession, and even megaman? Who Rock was somehow was keeping up with robot master versions of Shadow and Silver, which means Sonic is stronger than Shadow and Silver by proxy of being showing superior to Rock? And before that, theirs the chaos force thing that allows him to have a bigger chance of tacking on Enerjak and Silver at full power with his super form. 

4 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

The worlds collide stuff where he btfo'd every robot master in quick succession, and even megaman? Who Rock was somehow was keeping up with robot master versions of Shadow and Silver, which means Sonic is stronger than Sonic and Silver by proxy of being showing superior to Rock? And before that, theirs the chaos force thing that allows him to have a bigger chance of tacking on Enerjak and Silver at full power with his super form. 

Might wanna proofread your stuff just to make sure your sentences are properly conveying, but think I get the gist.

I haven't read World's Collide in a while, but he is named Sonic the Hedgehog for a reason. He simply outmaneuver'd most of the Robot Masters("You're quick, Quickman...but you're not fast!") and left actually beating the Roboticized Masters to Megaman, from what I remember.

Don't remember him using Super Sonic against Silver, though, but that was the only way he stood a real chance of fighting Knuckle-jak, who could only be truly beaten by Locke breaking the hex. I'd also like to point out that Shadow's Chaos Blast was one of the only things shown to remotely budge him.

• Nice Smile 1