Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Robotization can't happen anymore. Everyone on the planet has been immuned to it that why legionization exists.

Who is the artist for 231's cover?

The ever so awsome Ben Bates

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Nah, this does make sense. It explains why Eggman rewrote reality with the Death Egg. Probably so that the B.E.M never arrived, thus there's no immunity to roboticization.

Edited by goku262002

I don;t like Sally, it's mary sues like her that ruin the book for me. Especially when Amy is a far more important female character than she is.

What is the major cities of Mobius? I'm writing a Fanfiction on Sonic so I need help.

Edited by thedude2011

Sally is not a mary sue and amy is underage fan girl stalker who cannot stop saying sonic's name! Sally is important because she is the leader of the freedom fighters! How is she a mary sue? She is not perfect!

Not that I'm agreeing with him, but that's not really as important as people think it is.

What is the capital of Mobius? I'm writing a Fanfiction on Sonic so I need help.

Mobius is not a state or country, but was a name for the "future" earth, so your question is like asking for the capital of Earth. Unless you're REALLY focused on having some kind of capital, (which I don't know if there is a large amount of information for, if relevant to the stories cities aren't "capitals") I'd suggest ignoring that detail and just go forward with the story altogether.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sally is not a mary sue and amy is underage fan girl stalker who cannot stop saying sonic's name! Sally is important because she is the leader of the freedom fighters! How is she a mary sue? She is not perfect!

Not that I'm agreeing with him, but that's not really as important as people think it is.

Mobius is not a state or country, but was a name for the "future" earth, so your question is like asking for the capital of Earth. Unless you're REALLY focused on having some kind of capital, (which I don't know if there is a large amount of information for, if relevant to the stories cities aren't "capitals") I'd suggest ignoring that detail and just go forward with the story altogether.

Sorry, that was a stupid question! I mean, what are the major cities of Mobius?

Sorry, that was a stupid question! I mean, what are the major cities of Mobius?

Their isn't really too much known about the world as a whole, their needs to be more adventuring for that.

From What I know, Major Cities include:

-New Mobotropolis

-New Megalopolis (Destroyed when the Death Egg MK 2 launched)

-Albion (Rebuilding)

-Station Square and the City States of the United Federation (Solenna, Mazuri, etc)

-Sandblast City

-Robotropolis (Destroyed/Unlivable)

-Golden Hive Colony (Destroyed)

-Echidnapolis (Destroyed)

Most other locations are just towns, small cities and villiages, everything else is pretty much unknown.

Again, their hasn't been too much major exporation of Mobius, we may see more in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just recieved my copy of StH #228 in the mail! I'll refrain from posting my summary of it in the thread until the preview pages are out, but I will be accepting PM requests for details as usual. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Would anyone care to list their favorite and least favorite artist?

Favs

-Spaz

-Bates

-Yardley!

-Butler

-Peppers

-John Gray

Not Favs

-Ron Lim (UGLY)

-Dave Manak (He was fine in earlier days, sucks now)

-Penders (just...look at Sonic Live)

While reading these various posts, it came to my mind that should Ian do what many fear he may do, it would not only shake up the comic, but the fanbase in general.

Now this how I see it happening, should he do what many fear he will.

1. Truth be told, the comic will indeed lose many and I mean MANY long time readers and subscribers to the book, but in turn it may gain some new ones as well.

2. Sales and profits will be up and down for a while, with the ending result determining Ian's future on the book.

3. Many long time fans that look to the book as the last ongoing All-New Media of SatAM will start to focus more on the DVD Boxset and possible start doing webcomics in the way that they felt the comic should have gone after 225, maybe even after 222.

4. 75% of the fanbase will probably petition for Ian's firing and as well as petition for a NEW head writer that understands who the characters are and the world they live in.

5. Everything, from certain events and storyarcs and even possible future's that Ian's ignored will probably be acknowledged again, should a NEW head writer be hired on.

But that all hinges on the fact of Ian doing what many fear he will.

Do you all not agree?

2. Sales and profits will be up and down for a while, with the ending result determining Ian's future on the book.
The book is doing really well right now so the sales would really have to go way down for Archie to fire Ian.

4. 75% of the fanbase will probably petition for Ian's firing and as well as petition for a NEW head writer that understands who the characters are and the world they live in.
Most petitions never work..

5. Everything, from certain events and storyarcs and even possible future's that Ian's ignored will probably be acknowledged again, should a NEW head writer be hired on.
Ian has ignored nothing. He is the first writer who has tried to make sense of the storyline, Unlike Penders who ignored the stories that other writers did.

Do you all not agree?
I don't agree with anything in your post. I may not want Ian to kill Sally, but I don't think that the book will die if Ian does kill Sally off.

Fav artists? This could potentially lead to opening a can of worms, but I would definitely like to actually compare them myself and see where this goes.

-Fantastic

Spaz

Ben Bates

Manny Galan

-Great

Tracey Yardley!

Scott Shaw!

-Good

Sam Maxwell

Jamal Peppers

Jon "WB" Gray

-Okay

Art Mawhinney

Renae De Liz

Brian Thomas

-Could be Better

James Fry

Dave Manak

-So-so

Matt Herms

-Ehhh...

Steven Butler

Dawn Best

-Try Again (how about no)

Ron Lim

Ken Penders

-Lowest Common Denominator Divided by Eww

Many Hands

This was slightly more difficult than I thought it would be. I would of thought James Fry and Dave Manak would be a little higher, but there have just been better artist than them, so I guess that's just how things work out.

I believe that covers all the main artists, at least all of the notable ones for me. I think the only ones I'm not quite sure of where to put them are Art Mawhinney and Steven Butler. While his stuff was great around the End Game era, pretty much to the point where he was just a notch below Spaz as best artist at that point, Art's stuff just didn't translate well into the newer modern era when Sonic went into a redesign in Adventure and didn't get out of that rut till he left the book. His style didn't mesh well and it just looked awkward; it's kinda unfortunate that happened.

Butler is kind of a different case in that he was better when he started, but then started getting worse as time when on. His anatomy on the characters just looked so out of place for Sonic characters that it was difficult to like his work on the book. He seems to of gotten a little better when he came back with Yardley! now leading a lot of the art design, but his weaknesses are still prevalent it's difficult for me to appreciate it a little more.

Renae only did one story so i'm kinda iffy to judge her on just that.

Ben Bates is currently my newest favorite, and it just sort of snuck me by surprise. I can't wait to see more of him.

• Thumbs Up 1

As for artists my favorite is Dawn Best. My second favorite is J.Axer, followed by Steven Butler. I like Tracy Yardley, but I don't like the way he draws Sallys face. He gives her what I call manface.

Edited by Darkfox

Straight from TV tropes.

Highly persuasive, regardless of the actual content of their conversations. Everyone just finds her opinion just better than their own-even when they are usually stubborn bastards. This is especially likely in an Author Tract.

That whole rebellion against Knothole Kingdom which was resolved by a tea party and lets not forget the Lupa and Felidae issue where she all of the sudden became the voice of all reason in an issue that was reoccurring for centuries.

Friend to All Living Things.

Straight from the Author's mouth.

Is either brave and cheerful(despite her past), or unnecessarily mopey and depressed.

There were issues dedicated to her choice between Sonic or Monkey Khan and how she having so much trouble deciding between them. That was her inner struggle at the time. Iron Queen invasion be damned.

Incorruptible. In fact, unaware of the possibility of temptation.

Sonic does things(while still owing his allegiances to morally dubious people) against his handler's wishes. While Sally has supported him, she would never be caught dead doing the action herself. Sonic gets portrayed as in the wrong for doing so while Sally always has some convenient loophole to abuse.

Occasionally, a complete asshole, especially when they are supposed to be so above it all. Nobody will call them out on it.

Remember when she broke up with Sonic for being so 'selfish' and wanting to continue the fight against Eggman? Yeah, no one else does either.

Her "major flaws" will be stubbornness and a bad temper. These will only ever help her, not hurt her because she is always right, so whatever cause she dedicates herself to with such stubbornness will be a good cause, and whoever she loses her temper with will deserve it.

I look at her profile on TV Tropes and apparently she shares the ego and arrogance of Sonic.

I Just Want to be Normal

I Just Want to be More Useful Than I Already Am.

Skilled in a type of martial arts in a setting or with a backstory that doesn't allow for it. Not regularly skilled either; she could kick the ass of the resident ninja of her choice.

How is it that Amy, who took on the Iron King and held her own after he proved to be a match for Sonic and Monkey Khan, and Tails,whose competency should be accounted for, can't lay a hand on Geof(who is a Marty Stu, but that is another story), but Sally just happens to be able to stand toe to toe with him.

The web exists everywhere for her— she can whip out her laptop anywhere and have access to both our normal internet and the local internet of whatever world she lives in. And use it to hack toasters and the Pentagon.

Bonus points since Nicole was sent directly from the future to be of service to her.

Previously-established personalities change in reaction to her. Arrogant gimps may admire her for everything. Sweet, mild-mannered characters (that she and the author don't like) insult and degrade her. A leader with responsibilities pays attention only to her. Young, reckless characters who would never settle down just yet will become totally reliable. Evil characters follow her around like a puppy or seem uncharacteristically obsessed with her. Extremely competent characters become stumbling buffoons who require her help to do anything. The characters in general just seem unnaturally focused on her, positive or negative.

Sonic, Tails. And bolded that last part for emphasis.

Mary Sue is always on the Spotlight Stealing Squad. Without her, there would not be a story.

Straight from your mouth. Tails' buddy relationship with Sonic has been reduced being an informed relationship while he is just the token mechanic. Knuckles doesn't even appear frequently anymore and the times that Sonic is away from Sally and engaging with other characters are a rarity. Hell, Tails hasn't even appeared in Genesis, aka the beginning, yet!

She is often around the age the author is, or just looks that way despite being Really 700 Years Old so that she can be wise and leaderly. This doesn't have to be bad (there are many settings where it's acceptable) but when you start seeing hardened military officers that are 16...

I could go on. Really, there are a ton of traits that describe her and only her.

• Thumbs Up 2

Straight from TV tropes.

That whole rebellion against Knothole Kingdom which was resolved by a tea party and lets not forget the Lupa and Felidae issue where she all of the sudden became the voice of all reason in an issue that was reoccurring for centuries.

Straight from the Author's mouth.

There were issues dedicated to her choice between Sonic or Monkey Khan and how she having so much trouble deciding between them. That was her inner struggle at the time. Iron Queen invasion be damned.

Sonic does things(while still owing his allegiances to morally dubious people) against his handler's wishes. While Sally has supported him, she would never be caught dead doing the action herself. Sonic gets portrayed as in the wrong for doing so while Sally always has some convenient loophole to abuse.

Remember when she broke up with Sonic for being so 'selfish' and wanting to continue the fight against Eggman? Yeah, no one else does either.

I look at her profile on TV Tropes and apparently she shares the ego and arrogance of Sonic.

I Just Want to be More Useful Than I Already Am.

How is it that Amy, who took on the Iron King and held her own after he proved to be a match for Sonic and Monkey Khan, and Tails,whose competency should be accounted for, can't lay a hand on Geof(who is a Marty Stu, but that is another story), but Sally just happens to be able to stand toe to toe with him.

Bonus points since Nicole was sent directly from the future to be of service to her.

Sonic, Tails. And bolded that last part for emphasis.

Straight from your mouth. Tails' buddy relationship with Sonic has been reduced being an informed relationship while he is just the token mechanic. Knuckles doesn't even appear frequently anymore and the times that Sonic is away from Sally and engaging with other characters are a rarity. Hell, Tails hasn't even appeared in Genesis, aka the beginning, yet!

I could go on. Really, there are a ton of traits that describe her and only her.

I am trying to wrap my head around this. Archie Sonic's ,or Prime if you want to be exact, past is being erased. It has to be it. Sonic never knew of Knothole or anything while Sonic and Tails were Adventuring like I always wanted them to be. In fact, this seems to assert that Sonic and Tails wweren't even born there let alone it is their hometown. So Sally and Sonic weren't childhood friends and Eggman(since this Eggman isn't initially part of this zone and was so highly successful that he needed a new Sonic) is using this event to merge his origin zone with Prime to gain some sort of advantage.

If this is happening, then 230 should be really interesting.

There's no past being-- actually, that's exactly it, past is being replaced.

To help people understand (even though by this point it should be obvious) what is going on, imagine you have a clay statue.

Normally in a reboot you'd tear the clay statue down and start a new one.

What Ian/Eggman did was instead smack the clay statue so much it ended up with a completely different shape.