Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

It's the Armada (the pods are just like the ones from the SU arc). Also Turbojet, the Armada AREN'T Death Egg Legionnaires; they're their own group, who just goes along fine with the Eggman Empire since they don't have ambitions to rule the world- just find Babylon.

is there any story summary descriptions to go along with those images or is that it?

Edited by goku262002

Is Spaz still doing breakdowns or is that really a Yardley cover? I assumed a Yardley arc would be self-contained. I didn't know the it'd come as far as New Mobo, now I am very interested. And I think those pods are Armada vehicles, because every good villain army needs stand out transports.

Edited by Dabnikz

Nice to see Knuckles again and they're still putting question marks over the covers I see. Wonder how issue 35 will fit into the storyline, also with all that's going on, Geoffrey's betrayal, Naugus trying to gain the throne, Eggman's Death Egg launch and Sally's 'death', an attack on New Mobotropolis by the Battle Bird Armada is the LAST thing they need right now.

I just received SU 32 Good stuff. now only if this characters with there newly developed personalities will be merged into STH soon. I wouldn't mind seeing another SU ark centered on these guys. I would mind the Babylon rouges getting any sort of appearance past their su ark though.

I just noticed that it was Knothole they were bombing. I used to be hard on Flynn regarding his Sally fascination, but that little detail just might redeem him a little,

Oh great, this is the THIRD time Sonic went and got his home bombed to fuckery

I just noticed that it was Knothole they were bombing. I used to be hard on Flynn regarding his Sally fascination, but that little detail just might redeem him a little,
Edited by Soniman032-

Archie has the description for StH #232 up on their website.

http://www.archiecomics.com/blog/news/2011/09/dark-tidings.html

Sonic and Knuckles compare notes and commiserate over a fallen Sally while King Ixis Nagus plots against them. As the latest surprises pop up, this is a great jumping on point for new readers. Also in this issue: find out "Who is Harvey Who?

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #232

Script: Ian Flynn

Art: Ben Bates, Jamal Peppers, Terry Austin, John Workman and Matt Herms

Cover by Ben Bates

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 12/28/11

On Sale on Newsstands: 1/3/12

32-page, full color comic

$2.99 US.

King Ixis Naugus? Wow, it just went really bad for the Heroes after Genesis.

And I'm all for Sally becoming evil. We need all the bad guys we can get.

Edited by Aquaslash

Ironically I was watching the Documentary feature on the SUPERMAN : DOOMSDAY movie and one the ladies on there said, that one of their jobs was to torture the reader by torturing the character. Now when you hear someone say that, espeically someone that worked on one of the most imfamous Comic Book storyarc's of all-time, then what does that perhaps tell you about Ian and what's he's doing now.

And you bring up OTHER-M , let's not forget that, Ian killed Sally in that webcomic by having an Insane Tails shoot in the head, with him pulling the trigger off-screen. What does that tell you there?

Now I'm not saying he would off Sally in the main book, but he's covering all his bases to make sure everyone thinks that he did. But I feel Ian or whoever is in charge of the cover previews is eventually going to slip up, and I feel that time will come very soon, perhaps during the SU storyarc after Scourge's.

Now as for Bunnie and Fiona, well with Bunnie, he sorta did his thing with her in 217 and 218, but perhaps he will have something bigger planned for her, depending on the outcome of GENESIS and the affect it will have on her afterwards.

As for Fiona, if you read the SU issue of Journey to the East in which she appears, she hints towards the end, that she has something big planned to come that will everyone pay. So Ian's so far has her planned out for the future.

Now before I end this, I ask you to watch these two vids entitled Princess Sally Joins the list of Leading Ladies in having Cliffhanger Fates and give your thoughts on those as well and let me know if you agree:

Thanks!

Some of you may remember when I called out Tails on the Sonic Kids cover as being absolutely horrific in design. I thought we'd seen the last of it. It decided it wanted revenge.

ss5x.jpg

OH GOD.

ss5x.jpg

WHAT IS THIS, I DON'T EVEN......

In all seriousness its kinda bleh cover after number 4's being all the Sonics n stuff. also, Number 4 isn't even out yet and we have Number 5's cover now? Archie playing ahead there. Now I'm off. Tails, you better shave those eyebrows for when I get back.

Yet "Fallen" could mean any of the terms you said, Paul said her story would contunie, and if you look on archiesonic.wikia.com the listing of future issues to come goes up to 250,so what's that tell ya?

Paul even said that Sally had a "Jean Grey" Syndrome to her.

And again, why put these cover preview with a ? on it and then put the description that came out today, it doesn't add up.

If you read this off wikipedia's SatAM Site, you may get a clue as to who also may have a hand in this:

In an interview with screen-writer Ben Hurst, he revealed the third season had already been plotted out before the show's cancellation. Upon the request of an eager fanbase, Hurst revealed the unknown villain would be the wizard Ixis Naugus. Robotnik was not killed on Doomsday; rather, he has become trapped within the void as Naugus' prisoner.

Snively would briefly rise to power and assume his uncle's title as oppressive overlord, but quickly fails thanks to Sonic and the Freedom Fighters. Out of desperation, Snively frees Naugus from the void, and in the process also frees Robotnik and King Acorn, though the two have become the wizard's slaves. Naugus immediately usurps the title of main villain and uses King Acorn as bait to try and capture Sally. Snively, reduced to nothing, defects to the side of the Freedom Fighters (which briefly occurred in the Sonic Archie comic storyline).

There would be more developments in the relationship between Sonic and his friend Tails, who discovers an "incredible power" and saves the Freedom Fighters from a "great disaster". It has also been mentioned that Sally would romance someone other than Sonic. The origins of Dr. Robotnik and Snively would also be revealed. Hurst stated that no scripts were written for Season 3. He also stated that he is done trying to produce Season 3 and has given up: he presented the idea to SEGA, but all of his attempts at reviving the cartoon have been ignored.[2] Hurst later passed away after lapsing into a diabetic coma, on August 10, 2010. He was in his mid-50s.[3][4]

This is one of several ABC Children's Programming Shows that has been cancelled and left at a cliffhanger. The first was The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo, which aired in 1985.

According to Ben Hurst's response letter to online personality Sonique of Fans United for SatAM, the show was cancelled because during the time the second season was aired, the producers were in a ratings battle with the Power Rangers which was a powerfully influential TV show at the time: The cartoon didn't pull the ratings required to keep it on the air. Later, Hurst printed a retraction to that statement, (see above, under Reception) stating that the show was forcibly cancelled by SEGA for conceptual reasons.

Another reason the cartoon was cancelled was that the President of ABC Children's Programming was laid off during a merger between ABC and The Walt Disney company, and the new executives had no interest in it[citation needed].

And I think Ian's doing for the "NEW READERS" to have a jumping in point

I was going to scold you for copy/pasting something everyone knew...but apparently SEGA forcibly cancelled the show? Huh, completely off-topic, but interesting...

As for the synopsis, I think they're required to do so by whoever they give the previews to, thus have to mention certain bits even if they don't want to.

More from wiki:

Initially very popular, Sonic the Hedgehog: the Animated Series made and sold more non-videogame merchandise than all other Sonic products combined thru the year 1995. Evidence of this popularity exists in statements made by the writer of Sonic the Hedgehog, issue 50, (the Endgame arc) in which it was implicitly stated that when the show was cancelled, the comic book's sales received a major boost from dedicated fans, preventing the comic from being cancelled, and boosting it into first place as the most popular Archie Publications comic book. Statements by Ben Hurst (the cartoon's secondary editor) in a letter reveal that Sonic the Hedgehog was cancelled for reasons regarding the portrayal of Sonic, not for lack of viewers.

Fans consistently state that the cartoon has dark implications, yet is humorous, and romantic, letting neither humor nor "dark" storytelling or romance supersede other elements of the cartoon until the second season, which is considered by some to be written more logically. Fans almost unanimously state that offbeat humor and/or lackluster character development negatively affect the second season.

It generally receives "good" or "excellent" reviews from non-committal parties, none notable, with the possible exception of Doug Walker, The Nostalgia Critic.

I think SatAM is a little overrated, I bought the series DVD box set because every other Sonic fan I knew said it was awesome, I thought it was alright, not as awesome as everyone makes it seem, but I am glad it wasn't awful like Sonic Underground.

Fallen Sally!? KING Naugus!?! HARVEY WHO RETURNS!?!?

Is this... some kind... of a joke?

I mean... what????

King Naugus should be interesting though