Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Just read Sonic Universe #46. Without spoiling you guys anything, I liked it. I found Rob's campanions really, really charming.

But, oh god, did I lost it when I saw that portrait of Rob's father. I couldn't stop laughing.

Preview of Sonic Universe #46

SU46-2-noscale.jpg

SU46-3-noscale.jpg

SU46-4-noscale.jpg

SU46-7-noscale.jpg

SU46-8-noscale.jpg

Bow the Sparrow still looks like Jet in cosplay.

...Those robots look familar...

• Thumbs Up 3

Hoooray! Issue 241 came out yesterday....in Australia.

Your area must be pretty far behind then cuz I'm in Aus and I've had issue #242 (unfortunately) weeks ago and get Universe #46 this Friday, pretty much slightly behind the US.

Looks like you need to find a better comic shop....or a comic shop (assuming you're getting yours from a newsagency or something like that, which might account for the lateness)

There was also a preview of Sonic Legacy #2 released;

Sonic_Legacy_2-0-noscale.jpg

Sonic_Legacy_2-77-noscale.jpg

Sonic_Legacy_2-78-noscale.jpg

Sonic_Legacy_2-79-noscale.jpg

Sonic_Legacy_2-80-noscale.jpg

Sonic_Legacy_2-81-noscale.jpg

But it was released at the exact same time as the Chaotix preview, so I can't say I am surprised in the least that it got mostly ignored.

Your area must be pretty far behind then cuz I'm in Aus and I've had issue #242 (unfortunately) weeks ago and get Universe #46 this Friday, pretty much slightly behind the US.

Looks like you need to find a better comic shop....or a comic shop (assuming you're getting yours from a newsagency or something like that, which might account for the lateness)

Yeah it's from a news agency and I have no idea where the nearest comic store is.

This shop just orders them in whenever they feel like it, they missed 240....

issues are also like $6.50.

They don't even stock Universe or Mega man :<

Edited by Hatsune Miku/Alice

hmm those robots look familiar...

_10778.jpg

Gort from "The Day the Earth Stood Still" definitely came to mind XD

• Thumbs Up 1

hmm those robots look familiar...

_10778.jpg

Gort from "The Day the Earth Stood Still" definitely came to mind XD

Woah, cannot unsee!

Boooooo, you stole my joke! T_T

Also, I wonder what the comic would be like if they continued with this comedic route and not becoming the furry's knockoff of EastEnders.

Also, I still fail to see how they thought they could plaster "Julian" over SatAM and the comics and not have anyone wonder why he looks nothing like the Mega Drive games.

Boooooo, you stole my joke! T_T

Also, I wonder what the comic would be like if they continued with this comedic route and not becoming the furry's knockoff of EastEnders.

It's not been like that for 6 going on 7 years now.

It's not been like that for 6 going on 7 years now.

I think he means if it had never been like that (because he's referring to Legacy #2's comedic tone). Like, at all.

I think he means if it had never been like that (because he's referring to Legacy #2's comedic tone). Like, at all.

My mistake.

I just get a little peeved when people think Ken is still writing.

My mistake.

I just get a little peeved when people think Ken is still writing.

I know full well Ken isn't writing anymore. Also, despite not getting the comics cause I'm a filfy Eenglish git, A Moment Of Archie Sonic showed me how terrible his reign was. Maybe that's one reason why we usually get grimdark fics.

Speaking of Ken (...), a quote taken from one of the members of his forum;

So I picked up all of today's releases, including SU#46, and after seeing how it was written, I got the same vibes that I got when I read "Unfriendly Skies" in STH#242.

In "Unfriendly Skies", Sonic doesn't mention Albion by name and instead refers to it as "the homeland of the echidnas". Haven isn't mentioned by name either, being called a "hidden base of operations on Angel Island" instead. Remington's name is cut off during the S.O.S. transmission and Knuckles says he'll "rally the girls", not mentioning Julie-Su and Saffron by name either.

Then you have this issue. Mavrick already pointed out Rob or Mari-An not being mentioned by name and Bow and Thorn looking VERY much like last-minute Rob and Mari-An expies, given SU#47's original solict cover, but I also noticed that the Dark Egg Legion isn't refered to by name either. On the first page, they are shown as "Eggman's Army - Cyborg Mobians". Not only that, by the end of the issue, all the Legionaires aren't donning their traditional black hoods anymore. What's up with that?

Then in Sonic Super Special Magazine #5, the preview for STH#243 says "The Echidna city is under attack! The Death Egg left a wave of terror in it's path, but the doctor's work isn't done yet. Can Team Fighters put a stop to the Doctor's forces?!" So, it's "Echidna city"? No Albion namedrop again?

All of this on top of Geoffrey being edited out of both Sonic Select Book 7 AND Sonic Legacy Book 3's covers (In the NYCC leaked photo it shows him parachuting in the top left corner of the image and he is nowhere to be found in the cover preview in Legacy Book 2 AND the poster of Book 3's art in SSSM#5) and the timing of everything... I'm kinda with Mavrick on this one. I mean, it could very well be nothing, but it just seems too strange to ignore.

Whatever the case may be, I am REALLY looking forward to see if similar shenanigans are pulled in "Endangered Species". That would be really interesting to see. Who wants to bet all the echidnas but Knuckles dies out by the end? icon_lol.gif

Also, a tad off-topic, but I got a laugh at how Archie pulled another "Dan DeCarlo" when they edited out all of the names of the people mentioned in the reprinted "Adventures of Scott and Paul" strips in Sonic Legacy Book 2, basically having everyone refer to each other as "that guy". Some things never change, right "guys"? icon_lol.gif

Edited by VEDJ-F

Got the new Universe today, I really enjoyed it. The chaotix with great character, we have nothing now to fear, Mighty's adventures grand with no surprises here. And a hey a Nonny nonny!

Is it wrong that I want the Echidnas all to die out except for Knuckles in Archie? I hate looking at them because they all scream Penders.

• Thumbs Up 2

I guess Dimitri is alright...but he's technically just a head and doesn't have much to lose. He's hardly a real Echidna anymore and more like a passively-aggressive Navi.

While we are throwing out Echidna's, I'll state that I like Doc F too. He's fun from time to time.

Lien-Da's constant power struggles also make her a pretty good read as well.

Edited by The Arcane Arceus
  • Thumbs Up 5

Is it wrong that I want the Echidnas all to die out except for Knuckles in Archie? I hate looking at them because they all scream Penders.

Well I happen to like Lien-da for one. Dimitri's pretty cool too, and while I don't particularly care too much about the echidna society Penders had I do like the Dark Legion as Eggman's new foot soldiers and the rest of echidna society in few numbers trying to rebuild.

I'd say things are fine as they are. They're treated more as a flawed society, devastated by their own uninvolvement to the outside world than the perfect society Penders had...and I'm kinda talking out of my ass a bit when I make this sentence. :lol:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Yeah it's from a news agency and I have no idea where the nearest comic store is.

This shop just orders them in whenever they feel like it, they missed 240....

issues are also like $6.50.

They don't even stock Universe or Mega man :<

No big loss on Megaman. Wow $6.50 is pretty steep. You should definitely look into finding a comic shop if you can; they hold onto issues for you and you might even get a discount for having a standing order (I think I pay about $4.40 per issue) plus you won't have the nasty surprise of missing out on an issue. I remember missing out on the only issue I've missed out on since I started collecting again (the one where Antione marries ((sort of)) Sally) and I missed out on it all because I relied on newsagents to get my comics.

Ok gonna bundle all my comments into one big rant.

Does the Legacy comic seem like a bit of a rip-off to anyone? I bought the first one just cuz I liked the cover and figured it'd have something new in it, but nothing, just the old comics and not even coloured... seems pretty pointless to me, especially when we have the Select series.

Second; I already know that stupid crossover is coming, now do they really have to make it even more known by dirtying the covers with "crossover countdowns" on them?

Third; anybody else got the Super Sonic Special magazine #5 yet? Was a little disappointed with it. I figured it would have some cool artwork from ALL the comic's long run of issues, but it only seems to have used stuff from the past year or so. I'll admit there are some good posters there, though there are some crappy ones too. One of them I've never seen before, I assume it's a upcoming unannounced cover for Sonic Legacy #3 as it seems to be in that style; pretty cool looking with a Sonic CD style Sonic pose and some cool background character poses (though I might just like it cuz it means I can now have official art with Nack in it as a poster)

As for the whole buisness with the echidnas...well it will kinda suck if they can't use them or any other character Penders created, kinda stupid, but oh well. I'd like to see them stay as I really like Finitivus' look and think he makes for a cool recurring Knuckles villain.

Zachary was an evil white echidna before it was cool.

Third; anybody else got the Super Sonic Special magazine #5 yet? Was a little disappointed with it. I figured it would have some cool artwork from ALL the comic's long run of issues, but it only seems to have used stuff from the past year or so. I'll admit there are some good posters there, though there are some crappy ones too. One of them I've never seen before, I assume it's a upcoming unannounced cover for Sonic Legacy #3 as it seems to be in that style; pretty cool looking with a Sonic CD style Sonic pose and some cool background character poses (though I might just like it cuz it means I can now have official art with Nack in it as a poster)

I got the magazine and I was pretty satisfied with the posters. So much so that my room now looks very Sonicy! Love that Sonic CD style poster that Bates drew. It just has so much charm to it. All the other posters, while I question why thy included Nike face, were pretty cool too and sport some nice quality. I was totally expecting maybe a double sided, one pager in newspaper but they made them splash pages on some slick (yet fragile) paper.

As for the Legacy woes, I think those tomes are meant to be nothing but colorless rehash in bulk. I think if anything, they just include an interview or two from a popular artist or whatnot to reel people in but that's about it. Needless to say, I don't buy them. I'm more than happy with the quality they put in the magazines than the other reprint collections personally.

As for the whole buisness with the echidnas...well it will kinda suck if they can't use them or any other character Penders created, kinda stupid, but oh well. I'd like to see them stay as I really like Finitivus' look and think he makes for a cool recurring Knuckles villain.

I think Finitevus would be the one Echidna not affected aside from Rad Red himself. While he technically has an origin in the #90s, his current and most familiar design and character was debuted under Boller's writing, so I don't think Penders can lay a finger on him.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Zachary was an evil white echidna before it was cool.

But Fintevious was the one who made it cool.

Also no love for Julie-Su?

• Thumbs Up 1