Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Also no love for Julie-Su?

Julie-Su... eh, I can't say that I care for her. She always seemed rather superfluous.

Also no love for Julie-Su?

Meh...I wouldn't want her to go away any time soon, but I can't say I care too much for her.

To be fair, they haven't been giving her a lot of attention nowadays. The most recent memory I have of her was during the Mobius Future arcs, and I haven't paid attention to her since.

Now I'm thinking that'll change at some point.

To be fair, they haven't been giving her a lot of attention nowadays. The most recent memory I have of her was during the Mobius Future arcs, and I haven't paid attention to her since.

Now I'm thinking that'll change at some point.

The last time she had a role proper was #232, with that talk to Sonic with Knuckles about the Mecha Sally scenario.

And yeah, she was on the cover on #244, so I expect to see her in action again real soon.

Oh for fuck's sake, now there's rumours that Julie-Su got removed from the cover of StH#244? This is ridiculous.

Oh for fuck's sake, now there's rumours that Julie-Su got removed from the cover of StH#244? This is ridiculous.

Huehuehueuehuehuehuehue

Speaking of which, I just got #243 in the mail! I'll be accepting PM requests for spoilers as usual. :)

worldscollidecovers.jpg

Image courtesy of The Mega Man Network

Kotaku has posted a preview of two of the crossover covers as well as a short interview with Spaz

Edited by Ichigo Storm
  • Thumbs Up 1

No Dr. light....this makes me a little sad.

Ditto... then again, what would his Sonic counterpart be, anyway?

Ditto... then again, what would his Sonic counterpart be, anyway?

Well from the preview images from a couple months back it was Tails, and Bass was with Shadow. Now granted, covers almost always lie but I really hope Light isn't shafted.

That Sonic Universe cover is great if only because it's a direct copy of the character select in the original Marvel vs. Capcom.

• Thumbs Up 5

Can someone explain how the crossover works to me? I collect both StH and Universe, but what exactly is the spinoff serialised in? A separate comic? Multiple comics? Idk. I'd really love to get all of em but it's hard to find them in UK so I hope they're part of the Universe and StH subscriptions I have.

PS. Spaz is brilliant at drawing MegaMan, all the MM covers I've seen so far have been amazing, they make the recent Sonic covers look dull in comparison.

I hope the Sonic covers get spiced up again soon.

If it helps, maybe Archie will do a graphic novel format that they've been doing for their Megaman arcs and Genesis. But since this crossover will be 12 parts, the big question is what the page limit has to be or it'll be split into two Volumes.

*Goes back to admiring the covers*

That would be stupid from a archival point of view. The parts are alternating between the series. If the method you described was done for volumes, then one book would have parts 1, 4, 7 and 10, another would have 2, 5, 8, and 11, while another would have 3, 6, 9, and 12. You can't read each volume as its own story part without having very choppy bits and pieces of the overall narrative.

Ah darn.

That means that unless I somehow find a place to buy MegaMan comics in UK I'll have a very chopped up narrative tongue.png I really hope they do release the whole thing in a big graphic novel.

EDIT: Actually on that note, does anyone here read MegaMan? How faithful is it? Does it throw in billions of (sometimes awful) non-canon characters like Archie does or does it stick pretty close to source material?

Edited by SuperLink

It has some new characters and a few of it's own plotlines, but it's pretty close to the source, I think.

That would be stupid from a archival point of view. The parts are alternating between the series. If the method you described was done for volumes, then one book would have parts 1, 4, 7 and 10, another would have 2, 5, 8, and 11, while another would have 3, 6, 9, and 12. You can't read each volume as its own story part without having very choppy bits and pieces of the overall narrative.

Fair enough. It'll still be three TPBs, though.