Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Ah darn.

That means that unless I somehow find a place to buy MegaMan comics in UK I'll have a very chopped up narrative tongue.png I really hope they do release the whole thing in a big graphic novel.

EDIT: Actually on that note, does anyone here read MegaMan? How faithful is it? Does it throw in billions of (sometimes awful) non-canon characters like Archie does or does it stick pretty close to source material?

Damn, I was thinking that with something this long they'd make another comic rather than run it in through the other ones.

I never even knew Mega man had comics, that's just a big surprise for me.

There's just 19 issues so far, so it's still pretty new.

EDIT: Actually on that note, does anyone here read MegaMan? How faithful is it? Does it throw in billions of (sometimes awful) non-canon characters like Archie does or does it stick pretty close to source material?

I look forward to Mega Man every month more than I do Sonic and Sonic Universe. When they do game arcs they are very faithful while at the same time fleshing the characters out to give them a bit more personality than "evil robot master". Ian Flynn even manages to sneak in some fandom references such as Megas lyrics and Green Biker Dude. There are some original characters like the female professor and her Robot Master Tempo/Quake Woman but aside from that the comic mainly uses the game characters.

In short: If you like Mega Man read this comic. It's great

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah darn.

That means that unless I somehow find a place to buy MegaMan comics in UK I'll have a very chopped up narrative tongue.png I really hope they do release the whole thing in a big graphic novel.

You can buy the Graphic Novels in Forbidden Planet or online.

I've only read Issues 1-8, but from what I read in the MM2 arc

Mega Man ends up turning evil due to Wily putting malware in the Robot Master weapons.

Otherwise it's pretty faithful. But why is Bass here? He probably wasn't made until sometime before MM6. The comic hasn't done MM3 yet, so why is he here?

Otherwise it's pretty faithful. But why is Bass here? He probably wasn't made until sometime before MM6. The comic hasn't done MM3 yet, so why is he here?

Flynn has made it clear that they will explain why Bass is around before his actual debut in the comics.

Edited by goku262002

Plus, it wouldn't be the first time a character from the games to be in the comic before adaptations of games they've debuted in. Dr. Cossack and Kalinka have already appeared as well as Auto in the MM2 arc.

Well Auto was said to have been around for a long time before 7, and Cossack and Kalinka are humans, so they'd obviously have existed before 4. But Bass is a robot, and it'd be streching suspension of disbelief to say Wily had his own Mega-Ripoff that he had for a long time yet never set on Mega before 7. He'd likely be there through time travel or something.

If so, Napalm Man MUST be with him. So he and Omega can fight.

Michael Bay's wet dream there, let me tell ya.

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 1

That Sonic Universe cover is great if only because it's a direct copy of the character select in the original Marvel vs. Capcom.

That cover made me think about the sheer awesomeness if there was an actual Capcom vs. Sega beat em' up game.

Who knows, maybe Capcom is interessted in making a crossover fighting game with Sega...I hope that they see this great cover!

http://forums.sonicr...ic=21670&st=525

Ken Penders suit settled.

I was thinking about this lately, I really wanna know what was agreed on.

Personally wouldn't mind at all if Penders' unoriginal echidnas were removed from Archie-verse, but at the same time a spinoff comic featuring them would be awful, especially with his art the way it is now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't give a hoot if Robbie doesn't show up again - he comes across to me as a design for a one-shot parody who somehow became a character in his own right.

And the less echidnas not named Knuckles, the better to me.

And the less echidnas not named Knuckles, the better to me.

GTFO, I happen to like other echidna's like Lien-Da.

Problem is that Pender's pretty much ruined the echidnas and created a bad stigma that I don't think even Ian can get rid of.

Bastard will pay for his crimes he commited to this comic 1 of these days...

Preview images for #243!

Sonic_243-0-noscale.jpg

Sonic_243-2-noscale.jpg

Sonic_243-3-noscale.jpg

Sonic_243-7-noscale.jpg

Sonic_243-8-noscale.jpg

I didn't notice it until I was told, but that Echidna teacher on the first page? That's Komi-Ko, Remington's wife!

• Thumbs Up 1

Problem is that Pender's pretty much ruined the echidnas and created a bad stigma that I don't think even Ian can get rid of.

Bastard will pay for his crimes he commited to this comic 1 of these days...

Considering how Pender's hands with the Echidna's also dragged Knuckles into ruination as well, I don't think that's even strong enough to justify his exception by name alone. Seems as though you can drag a character like him through crap writing and people would still claim him as interesting, whether it's the comics or the gameverse.

EDIT: Also, the echidna's are strating to look a little more unique here than they did in the past. Just a little. Funny how Metal Knuckles just dunks Sonic out of the sky like that. :lol:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Already read through Endagered species yesterday.

I gotta say that I'm really enjoying the good natured ribbing that Sonic and Amy partake it. it's subtle but I really enjoy the fact that Amy treats Sonic like a normal person with flaws and such rather than some idol.

• Thumbs Up 3

I love how Metal Knuckles proves to already be way more competent than the rest of Team Metal combined....that outta make Buster happy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone else think the 'Endangered Species' arc might be Archie's way of getting all the Penders characters out of canon in one fell swoop? A bit harsh to their fans, but..

The only echidna besides Knuckles and Tikal I like at all is Lien-da and I wouldn't really miss her either.

Well, last I heard the lawsuit was finally being settled, so I don't think it's anything to worry about and this is coming from someone who doesn't care about any of those characters either.

Of course, saying that doesn't garuantee the case going away in one fell-swoop, especially when Penders is involved.rolleyes.gif

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Anyone else think the 'Endangered Species' arc might be Archie's way of getting all the Penders characters out of canon in one fell swoop? A bit harsh to their fans, but..

The only echidna besides Knuckles and Tikal I like at all is Lien-da and I wouldn't really miss her either.

That'd be hilarious...but then Julie-Su would be gone too.......I'm ok with this.

Why does that stupid robot fox-dog-thing exist? Who thought that would be a good idea to add for an R2-D2 reference to Tails's plane?

Y'know, I kinda feel sorry for Knuckles. First, he barely makes a worthwhile appearance in the newer games. Now, Amy's taken his spot in the main trio. And that's ignoring the mental regression he underwent...