Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I've noticed that the page right after the crash, Amy's and Sonic's iris colours are more brown than anything. Just thought I'd add that.

I feel sorry for Knuckles being attached to that bitch Ken created with the terribly misplaced hair-stuff as well, the poor guy is barely anything in the comics.

Mental regression?

Why does that stupid robot fox-dog-thing exist? Who thought that would be a good idea to add for an R2-D2 reference to Tails's plane?

Blame Tails Adventure for it, that's where it comes from.

Y'know, I kinda feel sorry for Knuckles. First, he barely makes a worthwhile appearance in the newer games. Now, Amy's taken his spot in the main trio. And that's ignoring the mental regression he underwent...

He's spend the good part of a decade being almost as major as Sonic himself. Amy really needs some time to shine.

Methinks if Archie successfully get rid of the dumb Penders Echidnas, Knuckles will hang out with team Sonic more. One thing I've noticed about the recent Ian Flynn era is that he's slowly been getting all the SEGA characters into bigger roles and really fleshing them out (which I like a lot) so I expect he'll do the same for Knuckles.

Also maybe Knuckles will get with Rouge

that would not suck at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Methinks if Archie successfully get rid of the dumb Penders Echidnas, Knuckles will hang out with team Sonic more.

ಠ_ಠ

Yeah, given Eggman's use of the Dark Legion into his ground forces, I'd say we're gonna keep some of the echidnas. I'd rather Lien-Da stay.

And I seriously doubt Ian's actually gonna get rid of Penders' Echindas. He might just retool them if anything given how he's done that for a lot of other things in the comic.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

ಠ_ಠ

Yeah, given Eggman's use of the Dark Legion into his ground forces, I'd say we're gonna keep some of the echidnas. I'd rather Lien-Da stay.

And I seriously doubt Ian's actually gonna get rid of Penders' Echindas. He might just retool them if anything given how he's done that for a lot of other things in the comic.

If the agreement that was made was to remove all of Penders' characters from Archie, then none will be spared.

Y'know, I kinda feel sorry for Knuckles. First, he barely makes a worthwhile appearance in the newer games. Now, Amy's taken his spot in the main trio. And that's ignoring the mental regression he underwent...

Knuckles is still more important to the overall story than Amy, so no Amy's gonna need a lot more than just appearing with Sonic & Tails to be considered a replacement for Knuckles.

If the agreement that was made was to remove all of Penders' characters from Archie, then none will be spared.

Like hell that's gonna happen when the echidna's were designed off of an official character. And nevermind how those properties belong to and are liscensed off of Sega.

Still think JulieSu should stay, as I seriously don't see anything wrong with her personally other than being a bit on the bland side.

Like hell that's gonna happen when the echidna's were designed off of an official character. And nevermind how those properties belong to and are liscensed off of Sega.

Doesn't matter if they were designed off Knuckles, that's like saying fan characters are all Sega's property.

They're Ken's fan characters, his little society that he built up like an on-going fan fiction. They don't belong to Sega.

Still think JulieSu should stay, as I seriously don't see anything wrong with her personally other than being a bit on the bland side.

...That's like the worst thing a character can be because then I just don't give a shit.

...Er, yes they do? All the characters in the comics, cartoons, etc, are SEGA property.

You'd be surprised when it comes to Penders and his legal crap, hence the lawsuit that has been going on.

Doesn't matter if they were designed off Knuckles, that's like saying fan characters are all Sega's property.

They're Ken's fan characters, his little society that he built up like an on-going fan fiction. They don't belong to Sega.

Were said fan characters used in a product lisenced and approved by Sega? Are they being used in that product to make money? If yes, then Sega owns them.

Thing you need to realize when it comes to this stuff is that just because you made something for an IP, or made an IP for that matter, that doesn't mean you can claim ownership for them. Otherwise, Yuji Naka could have taken the Sonic series with him when he made his own company. If you were to work for Sega or Archie and you make a character for them, that isn't your character to own unless you already trademarked it before signing the contract they'll give you upon being hired to work for them, or in the echidna's case you trademarked the design before Sega did.

One of the places where this doesn't apply is if you were writing a novel of your own creation, but anything video games and comics generally belongs to the company, not the individual. This has been discussed hundreds of times in this topic, and no amount of them being fan characters is gonna change that fact. If you make a fan character that looks like a Sonic Character and you try to market it as your own product, Sega will send you a cease-and-desist letter effectively telling you to stop or you will get sued.

Hell, where's Aquaslash and Vampfox? They could probably explain this better than me.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 5

That IS how it's supposed to work. How it's going to work in this case is beyond me, given that it wasn't thrown out of court straight away.

The worst thing a character can be is a bad character, which Julie Su is not.

I actually prefer bad but interesting characters to ones who are just bland. That's just me though.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Hell, where's Aquaslash and Vampfox? They could probably explain this better than me.

Sorry I've been busy moving into a new house. I just got my internet turned on so I'm playing about a weeks worth of catch-up. Edited by Vampfox

Rumor is Sally will be restored to normal (redesign and all) around or in 247. Do you think that is true or false?

Beats me, but apparently, Sally's the "Traitor" that Silver was searching for.

My guess is Sally's the traitor because she's an evil robot who would do nasty things.

And if not then the traitor thing is a lie to begin with because Mogul isn't exactly the most trustworthy mentor Silver could ask for. He's basically Archie's Mephiles in this situation, trying to get Silver to bugger up the future for him.

Edited by SuperLink

My guess is Sally's the traitor because she's an evil robot who would do nasty things.

And if not then the traitor thing is a lie to begin with because Mogul isn't exactly the most trustworthy mentor Silver could ask for. He's basically Archie's Mephiles in this situation, trying to get Silver to bugger up the future for him.

True, It could've been something Sally does down the line that turns him into what he is in Silver's timeline. Thing is what turned Silver's timeline into a wreck to begin with?

I was wondering that - instead of the "Iblis Trigger" Silver is looking for the "Traitor... trigger..." *shrugs* I suspect that he might have been manipulated by Mogul just as he was by Mephiles in The Game That Shall Not Be Named. IIRC Edmund doesn't seem to trust Mogul either...

Would be cool if Iblis was involved in some way, even as some kind of Ixis monster. after all Ian did draw up concept art for Iblis, be a shame to waste it.

The worst thing a character can be is a bad character, which Julie Su is not.

I will write reams of text to explain why this is wrong later.