Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Legally they might not be able to talk about what's going on.

Most likely. I notice Ian hasn't created a topic about issue 244 on bumbles yet. Probably because he knows there is gonna be so much talk about it, so many questions about it, that he's probably just thinking what is the best way to handle this situation.

Am I seriously the only one who's actually saddened by this news somewhat? I can't be the only one who's gonna miss characters like Julie Su and Remmington am I? ;_;

Edited by TheScroogenator
  • Thumbs Up 6

Am I seriously the only one who's actually saddened by this news somewhat? I can't be the only one who's gonna miss characters like Julie Su and Remmington am I? ;_;

Mended your spoiler tags.

To be honest, Soniman, the only characters that I'd really miss from this would be Dimitri and Finitevus, if they're also being put on the bus.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finitevus is Bollers 100%, he won't get hit.

In fact, he's supposed to tie into Thrash's back story pretty heavily.

All I can hope is that this isn't just some elaborate ploy and done just for shock value.

If things get reverted back to normal at the end of this four part arc then this is just another example of a key issue I have with the comic book. There are no real consequences involved as things progress. Everything just reverts back to the status quo.

Edited by Shin Kuroi

No I'm saddened a bit by this too if anything does actually happen. I skipped the penders bull only skimming through the comic wiki to know what happened. I didn't get as attached to these characters but I didn't mind them either they didn't seem to be real page eaters or causing any unneccessary drama to the comic.

But then again me not being soo attached means I wasn't fully connected with them and don't mind how this goes. either/or is my view on this.

Edited by goku262002

So...erm...how about the whole thing with Metal Knuckles being defeated offscreen? That was kinda bad.

Well at least we will seem to get a legit confrontation out of it if the end wasn't anything to go on.

I've made it pretty obvious I dislike most of Penders' characters but I can't say I'm not saddened, not only because of potential Lara-Su Chronicles monstrosity but also because of how it will inevitably effect the remaining characters, it would be a 

huge loss to them undeniably, especially Knuckles. I'd be happy if Knuckles had more focus for a while since it's been a while since he had a spot light or acted like much of a cool anti-hero rather than just hanging around Lara-Su, but he's going to be destroyed in so many ways by this, if it's Eggman's doing then he gets even more megaperks for being a fantastic villain lately.

So.. this opens a lot of story possibilities, but it would really suck if Ian had to rush this story in without properly fitting it in to his plans.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well technically hes not dead, now hes just a plant zombie! at least he got more time then the others.

Yeah forgot to say this too, keep tabs on both Bumbleking and Pender's forums. I'm sure hes going to be giddy about hearing this turn of events.

Edited by goku262002

Uh, I don't have the issue myself, but who's to say the echidnas are permanently gone and not just "temporarily" incapacitated as Rob O' The Hedge is?

Eh, if you ask me, the less remnants of the Penders Era the comic retains, the better. Definitely can't say that I'll miss those blechidnas.

Lien-da or GTFO.

I mean, yeah I'd like Pender's mess to be cleaned up. But characters like her are some that I'd like to keep around. From the looks of what I'm hearing tho, she doesn't seemed to have been touched so I'm good (until I read it that is).

May not be too interested in Julie-su, but I do find it sad she may be dead.

Regardless, things are definitely getting interesting here. It sound like I may give Ian even more props than I ever did.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

The most important thing is I got what I wanted.

For years, literally years I begged and pleaded.

And now all my dreams have come true.

Edited by Toby Barrett
  • Thumbs Up 2

Anyone think this may make way for the Noctunus to show up in the future?

Okay, you guys are making me extremely curious about what happens in this issue. o_o; If what you guys are implying is true, though, then... guh. PENDERS.

I see it this way:

-To Ian, I applaud him for the balls people seem to imply to have taken for this issue, whether he's trolling or serious. Either way I'm interested.

-To Penders, I give him a middle finger for the ridiculous shit he's made this out to be.

• Thumbs Up 8

I would prefer it if Knuckles was back on his own again and not hanging on to that female, especially when that appeared to be the only times he'd show up was with her. If you guys are so worried that they have removed them for good for that terrible Penders rip, then don't support Penders by buying or reading the crap. It's bad enough that Knuckles was famous for the whole 'last of his kind' and a unique character in Sega for that (minus Bioware, but even then the echidnas barely looked like Knuckles while all the Archie ones look like him), but in Archie with all those echidna floating around he became nothing more than a naked echidna with spiky fists that barely ever appears unless the Master Emerald is being chased down for whatever reason or whats-her-face is in shot.

If Archie simply reverts back and brings them all back again...I'll be disappointed. They feel like a bunch of filler plots when they do stuff like that and bring nothing interesting to the table other than some nice art.

I can't tell whether I should say this is on topic or off-topic to what is being discussed, but the name 'Downunda' is a terrible name for a zone. Good job, Archie. Who came up with that name in Archie?

The guy from MAD? Makes sense.

Good thing he didn't come up with the whole "SNOO-PING AS usual" joke in 205...wait, that was Ian Flynn.

DANGIT. Hopefully that guy doesn't screw up the latest arc with his way of writing...

And I can't do grammar at this time of night >:I

Edited by Mogtaki

Right so while I'm playing catch up I just read #243 at B&N.

-As if I wasn't given more reason to like Lien-da she just became more awesome when fighting Sonic. She needs to stay, no fucking questions asked. I just love this evil bitch way too much to see her go.

-I'm actually starting to like Knuckles' mom, Lara-le, more than I ever would have in the past with her staring down Lien-da like she did. Now I'm feeling sorry she might be killed off. Congradulations Ian for making me care tho.

Still indifferent to most other echidnas tho.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic