Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

So did Sonic Universe artist change with the main comic's? I find myself hating the art in the new Sonic the Hedgehog issue, but loving the new Universe?

A lot of the BKers dislike Butler now, as well. I think Yardley handles Universe.

Completely different thought from yesterday;

This year has been...interesting. What do you folks think of how 2012 has been for Archie Sonic?

Edit: Did I just see one of Pender's loyalists accuse the Lara-Su/Argyle relationship of M:30YL to be devil spawn...when Penders wrote Rutan and Salma making out? The fuck?

Edited by VEDJ-F

Well in 2012 we've had some interesting stuff. In the normal comics we've had Naugus becoming king, Antoine being put out of commision, Silver returning and staying, the desolation of the Freedom Fighters, Team Freedom and Team Fighters being born, Wolfpack stuff, Naugus possessing Geoffrey, Olympics and Echidna problems. In Universe we had the Eggman arc, The Secret Freedom Arc, All Stars Racing and the beginnings of Chaotix. Overall a very busy year. Next year should be busy until the Megaman crossover. Looking forward to it!

They had to make the comic child-friendly, of course.

Also, why does he draw Knuckles's hands so incredibly small?

They had to make the comic child-friendly, of course.

Also, why does he draw Knuckles's hands so incredibly small?

Because Butler. He draws nearly everyone with a more human shape.

Butler.. how can he still do art for this comic, I don't understand...

And also, Knuckles wasn't aware of the Death Egg nor Sally Robotization, but he knows that there is a Team Fighters, aaaah phone calls off-panel :a

• Thumbs Up 1

Butler.. how can he still do art for this comic, I don't understand...

And also, Knuckles wasn't aware of the Death Egg nor Sally Robotization, but he knows that there is a Team Fighters, aaaah phone calls off-panel :a

Um no, he does?

In 233 Sonic explained everything to Knuckles that had happened. I believe it's also implied that since Espio has been seeing NICOLE recently,  that he has also gathered up information about the going-ons in New Mobotropolis and eventually reports back to Knuckles/ the Chaotix.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't get it. Why do you even bother reading the comic if you hate it so much. Do something else with your life rather than just constantly hating on everything.

You could follow your own advice and not complain about the complaining. And is it really not that obvious it was freaking joke?

• Thumbs Up 8

I wanted to finish it before the new year came but I realized I couldn't, so I just stopped my progress.

My apologies.

Yardley must have changed his style because I love the cover, hate the actual comic book art. I don't know, but the characters just seems too smooth and langy.

I don't get it. Why do you even bother reading the comic if you hate it so much. Do something else with your life rather than just constantly hating on everything.

Wow. Howabout you don't assume I hate the comic just because I did a bit of comic butchery?

Don't get why Peppers hasn't done more of the main comic, No offense to Butler, but his art is starting to really annoy the heck out of me, and it's just......bleh!angry.png .

• Thumbs Up 2

Ya me neither, I actually quite enjoy his art, especially with the amount of detail he puts into it.

I think Butler's art is better than Yardley's if only because it doesn't have cuboid fingers and derp faces.

It's the way the body proportions are inconsistent throughout.

It's the way their eyes stretch as if they were drawn by Penders.

It's the way their hands are drawn to be super tiny in proportion to their heads.

It's the way the poses look stagnant and still sometimes.

That's just to name a few reasons why people probably don't like his style. It would be great if he mentored under Tracy's style rather than Ken's style.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm a huge fan of Butler's work in the comics. Even the older, heavily detailed stuff. Sure it's not always ideal for the characters in the franchise, but the dude always put a lot into his stuff.

I can see why people dislike it here and there, but I am still in his corner.

Frankly, I much, much prefer Butler's artwork now to when he first started on the book years and years ago. I think I'm one of the few, if not the only one.

Is it wrong that I hated 99% of Penders' contributions? Honestly, the only character that I say was worth a damn was Lien-Da. I fucking hated everybody else. Even though I don't agree with the mass killing of characters just for the sake of doing so(Ultimatum) because that is a sign of shitty writing, I forgive Flynn not because of whom he is killing, but the circumstances of why he had to kill them. That said...So is Julie-Su personally going to be offed or what?

• Thumbs Up 3