Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Didn't Ian outright say that the story had to be changed last minute against his will?

Also in the end, while I don't like the Penders characters at all, I'll be happy if Julie-Su and Knuckles split off so Knuckles can get more screentime without pink female deviantart girlfriend Knuckles tagging along.

I'll be happy if Julie-Su and Knuckles split off so Knuckles can get more screentime without pink female deviantart girlfriend Knuckles tagging along.

I like Julie-Su and all but thats just too damned funny not to laugh at.

Anyways, can me move on to something else? I got a subject I can bring up:

http://yardley.deviantart.com/art/su50-preview-panel-346837716

http://yardley.deviantart.com/art/su50-preview-panel-2-346839525

Yardley released some early sketch work of SU#50. I want a wallpaper of the first one colored.

Didn't Ian outright say that the story had to be changed last minute against his will?

Also in the end, while I don't like the Penders characters at all, I'll be happy if Julie-Su and Knuckles split off so Knuckles can get more screentime without pink female deviantart girlfriend Knuckles tagging along.

Exactly that He said on his forum and it got everybody mad but only for a moment.

I seriously hate her for what she did to Knuckles, not only because he's one of my favourite characters, but because of exactly what you said.

You say that like he couldn't have gotten more screentime even with her around, and I honestly don't give a damn about her. He's been on the backburner as much as Team Dark has, and I find it to be a good thing they're using characters when the plot calls for it than simply because fans expect it.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

How has Juile Su been holding Knuckles back in any significant way?

Best I can figure is that she keeps his temperament in check unless I'm missing something. But hey, that's just me being Julie Su's only fan I guess, :P

Best I can figure is that she keeps his temperament in check unless I'm missing something. But hey, that's just me being Julie Su's only fan I guess, tongue.png

In a way that it feels as if the only way Knuckles gets any show time in the comic is because she's ending up being the only reason he's showing up. One of the off-panels demonstrated this when showing Knuckles getting all excited over finally getting his own story.

It's not like they couldn't just let Knuckles appear without her even though she's been around.

Thought that depends on how they choose to write the two of them.

Most of the stories focus on Knuckles, so I don't see how Julie-su is holding him back. If anything she's just an accessory.

• Thumbs Up 3

In the past it's been a problem, for those that remember that fucking terrible First Date arc.

Recently? Not really. 

Most of the stories focus on Knuckles, so I don't see how Julie-su is holding him back. If anything she's just an accessory.

That's a problem, though. She's primarily a satellite character for Knuckles nowadays...

Also, what was(is?) the deal with her beef with Vector?

That's a problem, though. She's primarily a satellite character for Knuckles nowadays...

She's got beef with him because he's got beef with her. Except in his case it's because he first knew her as a Dark Legionaire and has general trust issues anyway, so he's got some justification. 

She's got beef with him because he's got beef with her. Except in his case it's because he first knew her as a Dark Legionaire and has general trust issues anyway, so he's got some justification. 

That and she did kind of screw him over twice.

The first time, he saw her in her Dark Legion attire and tried a sneak attack, but she beat him.

The second time, she hit him with knockout gas when Vector and the Chaotix were caught by the Dark Legion after Enerjak returned from space. Of course, she had to do that to keep up appearances.

*Pokey poke*

So, ah, SU#48 is due out any time this week for subscribers, and this time we're heading to the deserts of the Southern Baronies. Given that there's much less Penders influence in this area, it should hopefully go about hiccup-free.

I suppose the focus will be more on Mighty from here on in. I'm still kind of curious about the choice he supposedly makes. 

Well there's not much she can do that Knuckles can't considering how similar their characters are, and Knuckles is obviously more of a main than she'll ever be.

Well there's not much she can do that Knuckles can't considering how similar their characters are, and Knuckles is obviously more of a main than she'll ever be.

I think that's what annoys me too about her character, she was pretty much created to be a female counterpart of Knuckles, the kind of thing you see a lot in fan fiction and OOCs on dA.

*Pokey poke*

So, ah, SU#48 is due out any time this week for subscribers, and this time we're heading to the deserts of the Southern Baronies. Given that there's much less Penders influence in this area, it should hopefully go about hiccup-free.

I suppose the focus will be more on Mighty from here on in. I'm still kind of curious about the choice he supposedly makes. 

Forget man, I already tried derailing this convosation and it won't be derailed...

Forget man, I already tried derailing this convosation and it won't be derailed...

I wasn't trying to derail anything, I was giving a heads-up for those who were interested to anticipate spoilers within the next few days. 

I think that's what annoys me too about her character, she was pretty much created to be a female counterpart of Knuckles, the kind of thing you see a lot in fan fiction and OOCs on dA.

The thing is, she has the potential considering her background as a former DL member, and her rivalry with Lien-Da...but apparently the writers never bothered to focus on that aspect much, if at all.

She hasn't. It is just that the attachment is way too forced and it impedes her as a character. I'd have no problem with her or Sally for that matter if the relationship didn't seem so out of place or forced. When has she ever been anything other than an extension of Knuckles and not her own character? I am not sure about anyone else, but that is my main beef with her among other things. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Kinda wondering if 247 will end like 225 did, with Sally dying(Except by Sonic and/or Silver blowing her up instead of her being shot full of holes by a turret?) and then a fade to white as the special event of the year happens. Megaman crossover looks like it'll be fun, at any rate.

here's something that will make you think :

But here's what gets me, the encolypedia had them in there, and it should have been alter too, but it wasn't, so that tells me, that some kind of settlement had to be reached.  Doesn't it say that to you?

Edited by Wolfy

It could be that Archie panicked, and pulled a bunch of Penders characters just in case something went wrong. Maybe after the crossover, things will be back to normal.

So, finally, people are starting to get SU#48. They described it as tragic, and not as in "the comic was tragic quality".