Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Well, her designs in other places indicate much less tone so you may not even have the opportunity to not mind it.

Then again, I guess it wouldn't be so bad as long as it wasn't as accentuated as it was here (even Rouge isn't that bad when on model). After all...

tumblr_ml23tmfs7Y1rtfzxno1_500.jpg

tumblr_ml23tmfs7Y1rtfzxno1_500.jpg

I almost stabbed my ears having that line bounce in my head..."sax cymbal" really? The blunders of the 90s sometimes...

sonic255_12.jpg

Is...Is what Eggman is wearing in the third panel an extremely obscure shout-out to Aosth? Good gosh, this comic sometime...

• Thumbs Up 8

When the art in the off-panel is far better than the art in the book, you're doing something wrong.

That sounds more like a personal thing than anything else, if you ask me. Not that it's perfect, but I happen to like the art in the book and think it's okay.

It's no where near as bad as what the comic has had in the past. Need I remind anyone of 'Many Hands'?

I'm curious as to what 'many hands' is. :o

Basically everyone at Archie I think. Y'know how they say too many cooks spoil the broth?

manyhandslol.jpg

Yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Got the issue today. The art for this story was terrible at times- definitely the worse seen since Ian's run of the comic anyway. However story was good and was nice to see a normal Bunnie again. Slightly confused about the new predicament:

Nicole only having enough power for one more memory restore so it's a choice between Amy and Sally. However after reading the new arc for Sonic Universe it seemed Amy had all of her previous memories and nothing of the new world- someone correct me if I'm wrong and I missed something.

I'm interested to see how it goes. I believe it's most likely to be Amy due to the fact that Sally probably could not cope with her robotised memories or that she may no longer have a brother or mother around. Plus with Sega wanted to remove all the romance out it'll be easier for the writers if she forget the on/off relationship she had with Sonic. 

However if my theory is right and Amy has no memory of the new world due to being transported to Blaze's first- she may need to be the one restored to help her remember what's happened in the new reality.

It's not bad. Could be better but since its his first time ill let slide I actually kinda like it. I'm talking about Gaylord

He/she/they are/is responsible for 'art' like this;

(image snip)

The hell is that second image? How did ANYONE at SEGA or Archie ever think that was even remotely acceptable to even see print?

I think Many Hands is just one guy, but I don't think I've heard or seen anything else from him since that very brief stint on Sonic. I only say that because the "art" regardless of how bad it is, is consistent, and not EVERYONE in Archie's stable around that period was that awful (other than "Many Hands," Ron Lim and Ken Penders are the only ones that jump to mind). I thought I heard it was actually then-editior Justin Gabrie from someone on here, but I don't know if Many Hands's identity was ever confirmed.

Many Hands is a pseudonym used in the industry meaning literally what it says- many hands did something. As Archie used it often, it was when for some reason the art for an issue needed to be done in a rush and thus "many hands" from everyone available from inkers to writers came together to do it and then pretend they didn't since it sucked.

It's not bad. Could be better but since its his first time ill let slide I actually kinda like it. I'm talking about Gaylord

Yeah, I can see the problems but I kind of dig the art. Bunnie's hips though (and boy what mighty fine hips they are) are off on her.

Eh, once I think about it, I probably would have made the same "mistake" knowing me.

Many Hands is a pseudonym used in the industry meaning literally what it says- many hands did something. As Archie used it often, it was when for some reason the art for an issue needed to be done in a rush and thus "many hands" from everyone available from inkers to writers came together to do it and then pretend they didn't since it sucked.

Ah. Makes sense. First I'd heard that.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but I quickly browsed Gaylord's art for the issue; it's not bad, but I guess I'm surprised that Wells didn't continue to the end of the storyline. I have checked Gaylord's dA before when I first heard he'd be on Sonic and I really liked his stuff on there. This isn't really what I was expecting out of his debut, but far, far away from the worst artwork the book has seen. Also surprised to see a new inker on the main book.

Basically everyone at Archie I think. Y'know how they say too many cooks spoil the broth?

manyhandslol.jpg

Yeah.

Oh good lord, what the crap is that!?

I had a feeling that 'many hands' meant many worked on one comic to shave off time, but sheesh, this is far worse than what I had in mind.

I had heard from several sources that Many Hands was actually the editor at that point in time, Justin Gabrie.

I thought that was "Romy Chacon"?

Unless he had more than one alternate name. One for art, one for writing.

Gabrie is Romy Chacon, from what I've heard. He used a lot of pseudonyms from what I heard, though I wish I could remember the source.

I got my issue as well today.

While I can see where this is going sort of, I do agree that I definitely noticed the art even before I came on here and started reading about. I noticed it didn't look as good and as consistent as it has been for the past few years. I didn't notice the difference with Bunny, but it kept looking like Eggman was trying to turn into his 06 self during the comic. He kept slowly looking more realistic human as the issue went on and less like he is supposed to look. That or he was starting to get massively circle shaped to where he literally does look like an egg.

Also, I have a feeling it is going to be Amy that gets the memory help as well. By not giving it to Sally, she won't remember any of the things Sonic did to her in the past to where they can get along better again, also if they really don't want her family coming back, by not letting her remember, she won't remember her brother as sad as that is to say.

When the art in the off-panel is far better than the art in the book, you're doing something wrong.

I don't see anything wrong with the art, honestly. I quite like it. o_o

manyhandslol.jpg

That, on the other hand, is just plain disturbing to look at. Yeesh. ¦D;

Guys, Amy seems to have her memories. At the end of Pirate Plunder Panic she says she thinks home is very different. It seems her journey to the Sol dimension spared her and Cream a mind wipe.