Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Yeah, but thats SonicX. SonicX was lame, as such I'd expect lame covers, though some of those were actually quite nice...while we were stuck with boring, flat, not awe-insipring at all Yardley covers. His lack depth, dimension, detail and quality. I like him as an inside the comic; the panels kind of work - but for a cover you need something epic like #175, or #97, look at the triptec covers of #163,164,165, the Sonic Adventure adaptations....those covers look like real comic book covers...not, well....I dunno I can't call Yardley's covers "covers".

I like Spaz's style, and I also love Yuji Uekawa's style, so I don't mind if Spaz is dabbling a bit with it, but I'd like to see him return to the main story's covers. That being said, with the great work Renae Deliz is doing so far, and the fact her line work is brilliant, I'd love to see if she gets the chance to do some covers, and see what she's capable of, because I am imagining awesome, awesome things!

True. But, Sonic X was made for kids.

You guys do realize that those three covers looking similar were done on purpose, right?

The first issue just had a simple cover to start off with. Most comics do. The second one was the 25th issues' cover, a parody of the first cover for the Milestone issue.

And the third cover, was issue #40, the last issue, which was a homage to the comic's first cover.

All this talk about art is making me think of Ron Lim...His art on the book, from what I've seen made me feel like I like I was under the influence of something.

I mean...I guess it wasn't THAT bad, but the characters seemed...off model somehow. Often times Tails would look more like the Tails doll than himself.

I'd be more impressed if he'd draw Rouge a little more accurately. Being the stickler for character detail that I am, I can't stand seeing her so..so...flat.

Mind you, I'm no perv, but seeing Tracy draw Rouge in that manner just annoys me to death.

I couldn't agree more

I couldn't agree more

Maybe my memory's playing tricks on me, but I think Tracy actually draws Blaze with a bigger bust than Rouge. :blink:

It's Bizarro world! :lol:

su2_0.jpg

su2_1.jpg

su2_2.jpg

su2_3.jpg

su2_4.jpg

su2_5.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #2

THE LATEST HIT SONIC SERIES RETURNS WITH ITS SECOND ACTION-PACKED ISSUE!

"Time and Again": The second issue of the new, ever-expanding, all-encompassing series revolving around Sonic's many friends and foes, with continuity aligning with the regular monthly Sonic comic. It is the eve of Sonic's big confrontation with Dr. Robotnik, but Shadow and Rouge have other plans. As the three of them embark on a crucial midnight raid, readers will have the opportunity to simultaneously look back on a time when Sonic and Shadow weren't so friendly as they witness the lost tale of their battle for the ARK! It's déjà vu all over again as the present and past run parallel in this high-action tale!

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ART: Tracy Yardley!

Time-tripping cover by Tracy Yardley!

Shipping Date: March 18th, 2009

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: March 25th, 2009

On Sale on Newsstands: April 7th, 2009

32-page, full color comic

$2.50 US

Annnnd once again, we the main problem with this comic only much more blatantly, by having it take place right after the events of #198. IT NEEDS TO HAVE IT OWN STORYLINES WITHIN THE SAME CANNON SO THE TWO COMICS DO NOT CRIS-CROSS SO MUCH.

Having it take place right after #198 is ridiculous.

Edited by JasonTheJackass

Annnnd once again, we the main problem with this comic only much more blatantly, by having it take place right after the events of #198. IT NEEDS TO HAVE IT OWN STORYLINES WITHIN THE SAME CANNON SO THE TWO COMICS DO NOT CRIS-CROSS SO MUCH.

Having it take place right after #198 is ridiculous.

I can see how this is grounds for complaint, but it isn't really a big problem. In the main comic Sonic and the gang will probably wake up and go about the invasion as though nothing happened the night before; all the events that Sonic will take place in in SU#2 won't effect the main story in any way that will make main-story readers confused.

In fact, I'd rather it this way then having lame M25YL stories. Though I was assuming SU was going to be more about providing detail and depth to the characters, or showcasing some of the lesser exposed characters (ie: Bean, Bark, Nack) rather than a criss-cross with the main storyline, but hey, at least its not SonicX!

I am somewhat surprised (well maybe not) that Sonic would jeoperdise the invasion with midnight shenanigans, at the very least he'll be tired or not as rested as he could've been, not at his full potential for what should be one of the biggest challeges of his life - and at worst Shadow could be a trap, or Sonic could get hurt in a freak accident, and I assume Sonic is to play a big role in the invasion and if he were to be incapacitated for it, that would hinder maybe even halt the invasion.

I am curious to see what is so important to Shadow and Rouge though, and I am hoping we see more of the past, as I just can't get used to Shadow being so chummy with Sonic...well so chummy witth everyone in general.

I think its about time Shadow integrated himself. Being totally detatched from the cast makes him somewhat irrelevant to Sonic's world and not serving any function beyond appliance makes him come off as bland. Besides hasn't part of Shadow's journey been to see himself beyond an appliance or weapon? I don't mind him being difficult for many people to approach but when he's totally detatched from the cast it just feels cold. Like they need to do something with him.

su2_1.jpg

su2_2.jpg

Now there's Sonic Adventure 2 Reference.

And the Sonic Universe #4 Cover(ImgShack):

archiecomics20444435563.th.gif

Edited by Adek

Boy those are some funny expressions and good character play. What day is it coming out, have to make sure I time out my comic book store trip to pick up the other things I ordered along with this issue?

This Shadow side story is cool but it's a shame to see too much dependence to the regular series. That was one of the things that really bugged me about Knuckles comics back when I was still fallowing them. Too much tie -in stories. I was just interested in Knuckles, I didn't want to read Sonic's comic to get a 3 page blip about what Knuckles was doing or read the important ending to a story arch (ending up confused when I picked up the next Knuckles issue).

Edited by Annie-Mae

I'm pretty amused at how Sonic looks a lot happier/cockier during the first battle with Shadow than he was in the actual SA2 game. :lol:

Its nice to see Sonic Universe is shaping up to be better than its predecessor... might be due to the lack of a certain kid.

The accuracy faggot in me rages about Shadow's speed trails and Rouge's outfit being the wrong color (Never mind 06 and Shadow, they did it wrong too!), but I can get over it.

I just wish I had better luck getting a hold of these things

Its nice to see Sonic Universe is shaping up to be better than its predecessor... might be due to the lack of a certain kid.

^Seconded the thought.

What I love best about Sonic & Shadow (in the comics, anyway!), is that they still call each other 'Faker' & 'Blue Hedgehog'!

All this talk about art is making me think of Ron Lim...His art on the book, from what I've seen made me feel like I like I was under the influence of something.

I mean...I guess it wasn't THAT bad, but the characters seemed...off model somehow. Often times Tails would look more like the Tails doll than himself.

You mean how everybody looked like they had anorexia, and how Robotnik had the comical Jewish stereotype nose?

Yeah. I couldn't agree more.

Chris was barely in the comic adaption of Sonic X.

Really, the X comic practically starred Eggman, despite its name. Which makes it my favorite continuity... It's a shame it ended so soon...

The accuracy faggot in me rages about Shadow's speed trails and Rouge's outfit being the wrong color (Never mind 06 and Shadow, they did it wrong too!), but I can get over it.

I just wish I had better luck getting a hold of these things

Shadow's speed trail has been yellow since Adventure 2...bugs the hell out of me as well.

His trail also doesn't appear to be fading and appears to be reflecting light... Also, the trail behind Sonic's foot makes that scene really confusing. I'm not saying it looks like something Rob Leifeld might have drawn, but still.

I'm pretty amused at how Sonic looks a lot happier/cockier during the first battle with Shadow than he was in the actual SA2 game. :lol:
That's because Sonic Adventure 2's models sucked.

I'd be more impressed if he'd draw Rouge a little more accurately. Being the stickler for character detail that I am, I can't stand seeing her so..so...flat.

Mind you, I'm no perv, but seeing Tracy draw Rouge in that manner just annoys me to death.

You mean like how Steven Butler does it?

Rouge.jpg

No offence to Yardley, but Stevie B. is by far my favourite artist.

Edited by Fairfieldfencer

I...honestly prefer Rouge flat chested. My niece knows one kid who wasn't allowed to play SA2 because of her.

I...honestly prefer Rouge flat chested. My niece knows one kid who wasn't allowed to play SA2 because of her.

That must've been a funny story of how the parents discovered big bouncing beach balls in their kids games. :P

I am somewhat surprised (well maybe not) that Sonic would jeoperdise the invasion with midnight shenanigans, at the very least he'll be tired or not as rested as he could've been, not at his full potential for what should be one of the biggest challeges of his life - and at worst Shadow could be a trap, or Sonic could get hurt in a freak accident, and I assume Sonic is to play a big role in the invasion and if he were to be incapacitated for it, that would hinder maybe even halt the invasion.
Sonic 3K takes place over several days, so I don't think it's going to be a problem.

What's the big deal? It's not like she flashes them or anything.