Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Yeah, the Nanites were an interesting thing definitely, but it was also the way of keeping these people protected so we could have some happy stories instead of all gloom and doom stories. As much as some people seem to hate filler as it is called, often times I like the filler more than the main stories, be it here in Sonic or in other series. Where you get to see the characters acting in more normal situations, getting to find out things about them and such like that. With no power shield over the city now, how long would it be before Eggman tries to destroy or take over the city again that is sitting out in the open now. I know it could happen the other way, but it likely will raise tensions now definitely.

As far as Sega getting involved with the series, who knows if the lawsuit or something else was the reason they got involved, though I do say the lawsuit was the main reason. Maybe things would have been able to have been settled more easily before a reboot instead of it being so sudden. The lawsuit dragging Sega into Archie matters which now has them watching it much more closely for the time being. Maybe they will ease up a bit in time again,but for now, they are going to be watching with a magnifying glass due to that thing happening. That's at least how I interpret it.

I've figured that the only time these original plans could possibly be shared would be the day that Ian decides to step down as writer, freeing him from any contract that keeps him tight lipped.

Mind sourcing me where you saw that sentence?

That still doesn't make Ian lying about how bad things were going to get excusable.

Or am I the only one who remembers his "bright lights" BS?

The hell are you talking about?!

Mind sourcing me where you saw that sentence?

Here. I don't think it would hurt for the people who actually bring it up in the future to just do this so we don't have to either ask for a source or dig through posts on another forum...

I absolutely have nothing against the purged material. I had plans to continue the old continuity well into STH#300. It was incredibly frustrating and disappointing that that everything I'd built towards in "Endangered Species" and the entire King Naugus Arc was cut off at the knees. But what's done is done, and now my creative efforts are devoted to the new direction.

Thanks. wish he could tell us how the mecha sally and king naugus arcs would have ended, at least it would bring some closure.

That still doesn't make Ian lying about how bad things were going to get excusable.

Or am I the only one who remembers his "bright lights"  BS?

The hell what are you talking about? Mind sourcing the comment where he said it?

I'm sure one day in the future he could tell everyone, but that likely won't be for a long time. You never know with him anyway, he may find some different way to do some of the things originally planned. Things can be twisted in many different directions to make the same things happen. When you hit one wall, twist it around to try and get to the same spot just with different circumstances.

I think shifting reality will make it nigh impossible to twist it back to the same planned spot. 

Not the same plot but many of the ideas could be reused after some altering like I said. 

I'd even question that, at least for the near future. The stuff and ideas to #300 would likely rely on a lot of events that went before, while these stories now are just establishing the world that Sonic and co live in. 

Then again, I also think the No Zone is completely going to be rendered a non-thing for reason unrelated to Penders, so I might just be a radical. 

Edit: Also, a lot of the imminent ideas would have dealt with plot points that don't even exist any more, and are unlikely to crop up again due to the way things are now (Bunnie being flesh, Antoine's coma, Rotor's back injury, Naugus possessing another body due to being overwhelmed etc). 

the no zone is Zonic's world right? If it is i think its safe because Ken didnt create the no zone Dan Slott(the superior spiderman writer/the guy who killed Peter Parker) did so i dont think he cares

The problem is that the way the games handles dimensions is completely different. The Cosmic Interstate wouldn't allow for two worlds from different dimensions to simply merge the way they almost did in Rush, and the end of Pirate Plunder Panic makes a complete mockery of it (unintentionally, of course). 

I think it'll be safe to establish that we will not be seeing other Zones/ Parallel worlds ever again- probably coming from Sega side of things as VEDJ-F said. The issue is that it's almost fan fiction what you can go into and Sega want the characters to be almost like their game counterparts. 

I think Sega would also want to get away from the idea of using the same character design for a completely different character- reasons obviously known. 

Reply to VEDJ-F: Actually didn't think of that. I'm wondering if Ian might venture using Team Fighter (Sonic, Tails, Amy and ,sometimes, Knuckles) and Team Freedom (minus the obvious and replace with Bunnie, Antoine and Sally) again. 

Reply to VEDJ-F: Actually didn't think of that. I'm wondering if Ian might venture using Team Fighter (Sonic, Tails, Amy and ,sometimes, Knuckles) and Team Freedom (minus the obvious and replace with Bunnie, Antoine and Sally) again. 

That's...actually pretty plausible, although I think Ian wants to re-establish Sonic as a Freedom Fighter member before branching them out into teams, and then I'd assume it'd be on a mission-by-mission basis.

And I just remembered one pre-crossover idea that's stuck; T-Pup being an auxiliary member. I recall now reading #255 for myself, seeing the bugger on the first page that he was on and reacting with "The fuck is that thing doing there?" Not that I have anything against the mechanincal canine, he just...seems to be shoved in there for the sake of being a plot convenience. 

That's...actually pretty plausible, although I think Ian wants to re-establish Sonic as a Freedom Fighter member before branching them out into teams, and then I'd assume it'd be on a mission-by-mission basis.

And I just remembered one pre-crossover idea that's stuck; T-Pup being an auxiliary member. I recall now reading #255 for myself, seeing the bugger on the first page that he was on and reacting with "The fuck is that thing doing there?" Not that I have anything against the mechanincal canine, he just...seems to be shoved in there for the sake of being a plot convenience. 

He's a game character, what's the problem?

I was just surprised because he's such an insignificant game character that I didn't expect him to stay as a core member of the team (I'd forgotten that he was reintroduced in #253, that's how important he was). There's no problem, really.

The current game canon would likely have the Miles Electric take T-Pup's role, but that's another thing entirely. 

I was just surprised because he's such an insignificant game character that I didn't expect him to stay as a core member of the team (I'd forgotten that he was reintroduced in #253, that's how important he was). There's no problem, really.

The current game canon would likely have the Miles Electric take T-Pup's role, but that's another thing entirely. 

Major or not, I'll take T-Pup over the Miles Electric any day. T-Pup in the comics has proven to be more useful, even if it just offers some quick conveniences like serving as the Tornado's auto-pilot and offering some form of communication between the field and base (as seen in #239).

Double post for new cover solicit.

Sonic259-1040x1600-610x938.jpg

Sonic259var-1040x1600-610x938.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #259

"The brand new world of Sonic the Hedgehog barrels ahead at breakneck speed with "The Chase" Part Two: Sonic fights for his life against a NEW terrifying super-badnik! Just to make matters worse, they’re battling on an out-of-control train! With Dr. Eggman waiting at the depot, Sonic’s in a fight against time – and killer robots! Featuring high-speed cover art from Sonic artist supreme TRACY YARDLEY! plus an exclusive SEGA game art variant!"

Script: Ian Flynn Art: Evan Stanley, Terry Austin, John Workman and Steve Downer Cover: Tracy Yardley! Game Art Variant Cover art provided by SEGA On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 4/9 32-page, full color comic

$2.99 US

Edit: Well, it was a double post when I started posting.

And source.

• Thumbs Up 1

An out-of-control train?

A... radical train, maybe?

I had to say it first :U

• Thumbs Up 2

An out-of-control train?

Booooo! XD

Nice covers for the first time since 252 the SEGA variant looks pretty well made

An out-of-control train?

It's funny cause that train was literally ripped out of Sonic 06...same with the actual background.

Why would they want to bring back bad memories like that?

The Miles Electric and T-Pup kind of serve different roles. One is Tails' handheld computer that can be used for a variety of purposes that mainly require communication and information and the other is Tails' robot dog assistant that can help with physical tasks such as fighting, piloting, or building. 

I think it'll be safe to establish that we will not be seeing other Zones/ Parallel worlds ever again- probably coming from Sega side of things as VEDJ-F said. The issue is that it's almost fan fiction what you can go into and Sega want the characters to be almost like their game counterparts.

In that case you might as well throw out this entire comic because the whole thing is fan-fiction in a sense.

It's funny cause that train was literally ripped out of Sonic 06...same with the actual background.

Reguardless of the game and its issues and blablablarg, the game had good and cool stage concepts.

Why didn't you ask that when they were bringing in the Black Arms?

Yay for the Super Peel Out/Figure 8 making more appearances. Loved it in CD and the Game Gear games that used it. And I spose it is getting more use in Lost World as of late. Something about Sonic being so fast and being able to rev that up before letting rip as well as his feet being all over the place in a blur always felt awesome to me.