Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

It could be the Radical Train, or they can make a nod to the Boss from Sunset Park Zone Act 3 in Triple Trouble and bring in that Train Boss.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone noticed that the train in the variant is Eggman's train in Radical Train in '06?

I said this a few pages ago, the background used is the Radical Train stage textures as well.

Time to end things with a bang!

sonicuniv62.jpg

sonicuniv62var.jpg

"The EPIC CONCLUSION to the alien-smashing saga starring Shadow the Hedgehog IS HERE! "Shadow Fall" Part Four: Shadow vs. Black Death – for the fate of the world! Who will walk away alive? Who won’t make it to see a new day? Meanwhile, Rouge and Omega desperately try to save their G.U.N. comrades as Eclipse hunts them down! All this with a ticking nuclear time-bomb in the background! Don’t miss the pulse-pounding conclusion! Featuring new cover art from Tracy Yardley! and a special "CGI" variant by newcomer Sonic superstar Rafa Knight!"

SONIC UNIVERSE #62
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Jamal Peppers, Jim Amash, Jack Morelli and Matt Herms
Cover: Tracy Yardley!, Jim Amash and Steve Downer
CGI Variant Cover: Rafa Knight
On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 3/26
32-page, full color comic
$2.99 US

• Thumbs Up 2

Hmm...well I'm definitely feeling some major tension and stakes here.

But really, this had better be GOOD with the Black Arms and having a clone of Shadow be involved, because that's just not something I've been looking forward to.

The Shadow cover loses points because it has that drool thing that seems to happen a lot, and it looks silly every time. Still nice though.

The Eclipse one is also good because it's always a pleasure to see Archie characters get rendered to look like they're from the games.

Now all I have to do is stop clinging to the abysmally small chance that they'll ever appear in one.

The first thing that came in mind when I saw SU #62's cover was SU #9's cover. They're pretty much almost exactly the same.

D15u2Qj.jpg

I would've liked to see a Shadow vs. Eclipse cover but eh *shrugs* sleep.png

• Thumbs Up 6

Hmm...well I'm definitely feeling some major tension and stakes here.

But really, this had better be GOOD with the Black Arms and having a clone of Shadow be involved, because that's just not something I've been looking forward to.

I really can't say I like the whole clone thing at all, I kinda hope that he dies because he doesn't look or sound at all interesting and reminds me too much on the whole Eggman Nega thing.

I actually thought of issue 259's cover when I saw this :P  But yeah, they are (likely deliberately) very alike.  Also, I'm calling it now.  I think the reason why Eclipse is sort of on the sidelines is because they want to keep Eclipse for the future, unlike Black Death, whom I'm sure may meet his end.

Ack, the source for the Universe covers got taken down.

They're still viewable on the Sonic Stadium site though.

Edit: And they're up again. Up and down and...all around?

So, I'm gonna assume the blue energy is positive Chaos Energy (Hero state, Chaos Control). But... why is it around Eclipse if the energy is positively charged?

Kinda odd they went for a remake between covers 9 and 62, but the end result looks alright I guess,

Man, it seems like just yesterday that I was first sitting down to read that Knuckles arc. Man, time sure does fly.

Anybody noticed that they've been talking about Black Death but we haven't seen him in a cover? But I digress I'm hoping this arc won't be bad as someone who tolerated shadow the games plot was a mess and since this is a sequel I'm not sure how I feel

the games plot was a mess and since this is a sequel I'm not sure how I feel

Isn't that kind of the point? Different paths for the story and all?

Isn't that kind of the point? Different paths for the story and all?

It was, but the issue with it is that no matter what, there has to be one 'right' pathway due to the final story being present. Any events before that are dubious as to whether they happened in the canon path because said final story doesn't elaborate on much beyond Shadow squaring off against Black Doom and exposition on the Black Arms and their history/plans. The only thing that seems to be verified in some way is Shadow assisting the Chaotix in their info gathering at some point.

As long as the arc doesn't dabble too much on the material that's more dubious, it should be easy to avoid. 

I guess, but the comic can technically ignore that since it doesn't have to reflect the writing in the arc. Following up the plot is the key thing.