Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

18 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

You were the one who said it's nice to finally have a character with ice powers, I was just pointing out that Tundra isn't the first.

Oh, I know that. I just felt like stating an unpopular opinion of mine as well.

So, I read all of my issues and now its time for me to ramble on about shit

I never really cared much for Dulcy but I can appreciate at least trying to make her fit in with the new universe. She looks kinda awkward with those proportions though. Her team have pretty nice designs too. That said, I've kind of reached a "been there, done that" feeling now; Freedom Fighters show up for Gaia Key/Chaos Emerald/plot macguffin of the week, team up with said continent's team against a group of Eggman soldiers, win and get said plot macguffin, and lather rinse, repeat. I get its done for the sake of world building, but the novelty is kind of worn out for me. Also is it me, but do the colors look really washed out, really makes everyone's palette's seem duller.

Back up story was much better though, definitely am feeling the more character driven focus in them compared to the main story. So I guess that whole thing about classic characters not being able to be shown in full is kaput huh. 

Anyway, onto Eggman's Dozen...which reminds me, the arc is called Eggman's "Dozen" but he only has 11 commanders? Is Metal Sonic apart of the Dozen or what? Anyway.

You gotta love how most of these guys are serving Eggman out of pragmatism and just straight up hate the guy's guts..well except Thunderbolt anyway, makes you wonder how she came to idolize him so much. Still maintain my stance that what happened to..."Tassel Boy" wasn't really all that scary or dark, it just sets the tone of "Don't fuck with Eggman". Some of the dynamics are pretty great; Tundra and Akhlut just straight hate each other, T.B. saying people aren't fanatic enough about Eggman..good stuff. And Axel just serves out of obligation to the team, even if he hates Eggman himself. Not really feeling the Witchcarters tbh...just kinda feel like every other bad guy henchman squad. 

I kinda feel like these four issue arcs go by so fast, don't know how to explain it.

• Thumbs Up 3

21 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Anyway, onto Eggman's Dozen...which reminds me, the arc is called Eggman's "Dozen" but he only has 11 commanders? Is Metal Sonic apart of the Dozen or what?

Wendy Naugus is the most likely candidate of being the last Egg Boss, due to many clues/hints and other features that were shown thus far. Wendy not being mentioned in the "Shattered" Universe solicits is one of many clues. Wendy's uniform and her being a "Tech Enthusiast" is another.

As for the Witchcarters, I made a theory about Falke Wulf being the 12th Egg Boss (regarding the main cover of STH Issue 284), but I was only half-right. Right in the sense that he would work for Eggman, but wrong in the sense that he would be an Egg Boss. Carrotia and Bearenger weren't on that cover, so I assumed that those two would split ways from Falke Wulf.

After reading SU Issue 85, it's most likely that Wendy will be the last one, with the mind-controlled Witchcarters as her slaves (essentially, think what Regina did to that automaton of Snively at the end of Scrambled, or what Eggman did to control the Deadly Six in Lost World).

27 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

So, I read all of my issues and now its time for me to ramble on about shit

I never really cared much for Dulcy but I can appreciate at least trying to make her fit in with the new universe. She looks kinda awkward with those proportions though. Her team have pretty nice designs too. That said, I've kind of reached a "been there, done that" feeling now; Freedom Fighters show up for Gaia Key/Chaos Emerald/plot macguffin of the week, team up with said continent's team against a group of Eggman soldiers, win and get said plot macguffin, and lather rinse, repeat. I get its done for the sake of world building, but the novelty is kind of worn out for me. Also is it me, but do the colors look really washed out, really makes everyone's palette's seem duller.

Back up story was much better though, definitely am feeling the more character driven focus in them compared to the main story. So I guess that whole thing about classic characters not being able to be shown in full is kaput huh. 

Anyway, onto Eggman's Dozen...which reminds me, the arc is called Eggman's "Dozen" but he only has 11 commanders? Is Metal Sonic apart of the Dozen or what? Anyway.

You gotta love how most of these guys are serving Eggman out of pragmatism and just straight up hate the guy's guts..well except Thunderbolt anyway, makes you wonder how she came to idolize him so much. Still maintain my stance that what happened to..."Tassel Boy" wasn't really all that scary or dark, it just sets the tone of "Don't fuck with Eggman". Some of the dynamics are pretty great; Tundra and Akhlut just straight hate each other, T.B. saying people aren't fanatic enough about Eggman..good stuff. And Axel just serves out of obligation to the team, even if he hates Eggman himself. Not really feeling the Witchcarters tbh...just kinda feel like every other bad guy henchman squad. 

I kinda feel like these four issue arcs go by so fast, don't know how to explain it.

The twelfth Egg Boss will revealed in the finale. Apparently he/she hasn't joined Eggman's team yet, but the most likely candidate is Wendy.

• Thumbs Up 3

34 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

The twelfth Egg Boss will revealed in the finale. Apparently he/she hasn't joined Eggman's team yet, but the most likely candidate is Wendy.

That's literally what I just said before (although, you were more "straight-to-the-point", so I can't really blame you for that).

6 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

You were the one who said it's nice to finally have a character with ice powers, I was just pointing out that Tundra isn't the first.

3 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Not really feeling the Witchcarters tbh...just kinda feel like every other bad guy henchman squad. 

They almost feel as bland as the Deadly Six too. What's worse is that they'll probably spend their whole life being mind-controlled by Wendy as mere pawns (although, we knew that they were pawns to begin with, according to Walter in STH Issue 276).

3 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Evan after the atrocious delays we've had to put with back in the past? If it wasn't for those delays, we would've been done with this arc a long time ago.

Okay so I just read Issue 281 and I've got... a couple of thoughts on my mind.

First of all, since I didn't watch a whole lot of SatAM, I don't know much about Dulcy and I can barely even recollect what she looked like in the show. Because of that, it's weird that her new design bothers me a bit. I don't care about giving these characters new designs because I'm not too big on them in the first place, so I feel like this simply means I don't like the way she looks. Maybe her head is just a bit too big.

Second, Chip's story is feeling even more oddly handled here. I know there's a ton they're trying to focus on but just last issue he got his memory back right? I dunno. I feel like something's missing here. It's starting to feel a bit like the comic is relying on you having experienced this story before.

Third, cute things abound with Tails in this issue. Loved that little flashback where he said flying with wings was weird. I suppose this version of Tails is either more confused as to why he was bullied for having two tails or he hasn't learnt how to fly yet himself.

And Fourth, the second story they told was much more interesting then the first one. They just cranked Tails' cuteness meteor up to 11 and let it rest there didn't they? Ah, if only I wasn't so sour about Mighty the Armadillo. Wish I was a little less bias about him and his popularity but I can't do anything about that. It's a test to see if I can get over myself at this point.

What don't you particularly like about Mighty? His overhype?

17 hours ago, SilverStarN64 said:

Wendy Naugus is the most likely candidate of being the last Egg Boss, due to many clues/hints and other features that were shown thus far. Wendy not being mentioned in the "Shattered" Universe solicits is one of many clues. Wendy's uniform and her being a "Tech Enthusiast" is another.

As for the Witchcarters, I made a theory about Falke Wulf being the 12th Egg Boss (regarding the main cover of STH Issue 284), but I was only half-right. Right in the sense that he would work for Eggman, but wrong in the sense that he would be an Egg Boss. Carrotia and Bearenger weren't on that cover, so I assumed that those two would split ways from Falke Wulf.

After reading SU Issue 85, it's most likely that Wendy will be the last one, with the mind-controlled Witchcarters as her slaves (essentially, think what Regina did to that automaton of Snively at the end of Scrambled, or what Eggman did to control the Deadly Six in Lost World).

17 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Yea I figured it was Wendy, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy; another flag for that is how she said Eggman is Wally's enemy, but not her's. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

1 hour ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Yea I figured it was Wendy, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy; another flag for that is how she said Eggman is Wally's enemy, but not her's. 

So much for having a dramatic plot twist too (looks back at Spark of Life upon Phage revealing her true colors)...

8 hours ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

Ah, if only I wasn't so sour about Mighty the Armadillo. Wish I was a little less bias about him and his popularity but I can't do anything about that. It's a test to see if I can get over myself at this point.

Considering your username, it seems like you're a fan of all things related to the Chaotix. Are you saying you're not a huge fan of Mighty, or are you getting tired of him appearing too frequently (that's probably how others feel about Team Dark getting involved in a third Universe arc too...)?

Mighty isn't Chaotix though. Someone only into the modern forms wouldn't be obliged to in clude him. Even if you liked classic too, you wouldn't be obliged because of the Chaotix technically not being a group then.

But besides that, pretty sure Dr Chaotix isn't a huge fan of Espio either, so liking all things Chaotix because of their name doesn't follow regardless.

13 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Mighty isn't Chaotix though. Someone only into the modern forms wouldn't be obliged to in clude him. Even if you liked classic too, you wouldn't be obliged because of the Chaotix technically not being a group then.

But besides that, pretty sure Dr Chaotix isn't a huge fan of Espio either, so liking all things Chaotix because of their name doesn't follow regardless.

I never said he was part of the Chaotix. When I said "related", I meant that he knows them well as long-time friends. Plus, he used to be associated with them in the Pre-Reboot.

I wasn't aware that some usernames could be so misleading nowadays...

1 hour ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

Just realized: Most of Panic in the Sky will be drawn by Diana Skelly, who did the art for the Champions arc. Hell yeah. Was hoping someone other than Jamal Peppers would do the pencils finally.

...Uh Jamal Pepper only did the pencils for this issue right? Weren't the other ones done by ABT?

4 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Espio's my least favorite of the three but that doesn't mean I don't like him. He's definitely in my Top 10. Probably at Number 8.

Been thinking about something...

Abyss mentioned she was a pirate at some point before becoming an egg boss, you think she and Razor were on the same group, before Razor got kicked out?

Another thought was that Kukku can now summon bombs, and that has me thinking, was Bean a part of the Armanda before?

• Thumbs Up 2

Bean and the Rogues being part of the Armada was one of Ian's ideas pre-reboot, doubt they'd change it now.

• Thumbs Up 3

If it's the same, I'd like to see that backstory expanded upon. They could even use some details from the games, like Jet's father or Stolen.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 1:04 PM, Detective Reptiles said:

5 hours ago, Fusion Zebra said:

Abyss mentioned she was a pirate at some point before becoming an egg boss, you think she and Razor were on the same group, before Razor got kicked out?

Seems legit to me. B)

Adam Bryce Thomas has another piece of art for an Egg Boss! This time around, give it up for everyone's favorite douche-canoe himself! :lol:

sonic_channel_akhlut_by_adambrycethomas-

Only 5 more Egg Bosses left...

• Thumbs Up 3

Is it just me or does anyone else think Ahklut looks a little off there?

And I'm not one who usually picks at this stuff.

• Thumbs Up 4

He's so far been drawn with his head more sunken into the torso, which is not the case in that image. At first sight, that's what seems off to me.

Here's the next Egg Boss, featuring the grandiose and magnanimous Battle Lord himself! B)

sonic_channel_kuku_by_adambrycethomas-da

Only 4 more Egg Bosses left...

• Thumbs Up 6