Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

27 minutes ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

Isn't he called "Battle Lord Kukku XV" now?

It was probably a tribute to his old title. That, or he made a typo (I'm assuming it's the latter, though)

Although, titles don't mean anything to me, IMO. He's still the same character regardless of what title he has now, since he still remembers his history with the Babylon Rogues from the Pre-Reboot (which is pretty odd, considering that everyone else's memories eventually faded away...).

He doesn't remember the pre-reboot history, it's just that post-reboot history seems pretty much identical.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

He doesn't remember the pre-reboot history, it's just that post-reboot history seems pretty much identical.

That makes more sense.

Hopefully, that little tidbit he made is foreshadowing another Universe arc for the Babylon Rogues (sooner than later), after the SWC is over. :)

I'd love a solo Blaze arc before a Babylon Rogues arc honestly. I'd like to see what she's been up to since we last saw her at the beginning of the reboot.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Toby said:

I'd love a solo Blaze arc before a Babylon Rogues arc honestly. I'd like to see what she's been up to since we last saw her at the beginning of the reboot.

Well, if you want a Blaze arc, you could make her team up with Silver, Gold, and Von Schlemmer.

Spoiler

Silver, Gold, and Von Schlemmer could all wind up in the Sol Dimension, after falling through the Genesis Portal. This would be an unique way of finally getting a Blaze/Silver arc that fans have wanted for quite a while now.

Holy fug, not only would a Silver & Blaze arc work, but if it was also written by Evan Stanley it could easily makeup for her not-quite-as-good writing of the Silver Age arc.

Plus it be nice to some possible SilverXBlaze moments, and more space for Gold to develop her character (the writer did say she considers her either bisexual or lesbian, which would be nice to see hints of at least).

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

Holy fug, not only would a Silver & Blaze arc work, but if it was also written by Evan Stanley it could easily makeup for her not-quite-as-good writing of the Silver Age arc.

I agree. B)

26 minutes ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

Plus it be nice to some possible SilverXBlaze moments, and more space for Gold to develop her character (the writer did say she considers her either bisexual or lesbian, which would be nice to see hints of at least).

I wouldn't mind seeing Silver as a Blaze fanboy. This would create some "interesting" situations. Besides, how often do we see males fanboying over a girl in the Sonic franchise? Usually, it's just girls (ex. Amy) fangirling over a boy (ex. Sonic) nowadays. It would be nice to see some variety...

Although, it would pretty cute to see Gold as a Blaze fangirl too (Evan Stanley did mention that Blaze was one of Gold's crushes, along with Sally and Clove).

I still really want a fuller explination for how the Sol Zone was stuck in continuity limbo in PPP.

I know the Jeweled Scepter was the reason, but there's still more questions there: was it just the memories of the zone's residents that were effected? Or is the entire zone's history still identical to how it was pre-SGW? Did Blaze's memories of the old Prime Zone still happen post-SGW? Or are they just memories? If it's the former did the Rush games still happen? Was the effect the SGW had on the zone temporary or long-lasting? And what is the deal with Captain Metal?

20 minutes ago, SilverStarN64 said:

I agree. B)

I wouldn't mind seeing Silver as a Blaze fanboy. This would create some "interesting" situations. Besides, how often do we see males fanboying over a girl in the Sonic franchise? Usually, it's just girls (ex. Amy) fangirling over a boy (ex. Sonic) nowadays. It would be nice to see some variety...

Although, it would pretty cute to see Gold as a Blaze fangirl too (Evan Stanley did mention that Blaze was one of Gold's crushes, along with Sally and Clove).

Can Silver do that? I mean he is an official game character and not one of their original character they can do anything with. Unless he is shown to do that in the game I'm not sure if Archie can make him into a fanboy. Also, I dunno about Gold have THREE crushes...especially since they're all from different groups (one as enemy)...

But I do want Silver and Blaze to meet, and the two to form a team now and then. Been a fan of the pair (not as a ship) since seeing them in 06. I liked how they were opposite in personality (mature & restricted vs. naive & positive) yet was balanced by supporting each other.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Can Silver do that? I mean he is an official game character and not one of their original character they can do anything with. Unless he is shown to do that in the game I'm not sure if Archie can make him into a fanboy.

Well, I never said it needed to happen. It was just a random thought I had in my head.

Evan Stanley managed to get away with the color-coding of bracelets for citizens in Onyx City (ex. Silver being part of the "Teal Class" work shift.) Although, it was just a minor little tidbit, so SEGA didn't really care about that.

I dunno about Gold have THREE crushes...especially since they're all from different groups (one as enemy)...

You don't believe me? Just go here: http://spiritsonic.tumblr.com/post/139404583319/can-i-ask-for-gold

Look at the section where it says, "OC You Ship Them With".

But I do want Silver and Blaze to meet, and the two to form a team now and then. Been a fan of the pair (not as a ship) since seeing them in 06. I liked how they were opposite in personality (mature & restricted vs. naive & positive) yet was balanced by supporting each other.

Agreed. :)

4 hours ago, SilverStarN64 said:

You don't believe me? Just go here: http://spiritsonic.tumblr.com/post/139404583319/can-i-ask-for-gold

Look at the section where it says, "OC You Ship Them With".

The tumblr post you linked say Sexuality not yet canonized (I’m leaning towards either bisexual or lesbian),so we don't know if she will ever be actually bi or lesbian in the comics. But I don't mind her sexual orientation, that's not the point I was talking about. 

I was asking "is it even possible for her to have a crush on THREE different people AT ONCE, especially when two are opposite sides (one working under an cruel evil villain) and another from a different dimension". The said section you say as evidence is OC You Ship Them With: Nobody, but I think she might crush on Blaze, Sally, or Clove– women who seem to have their shit together.So if I understand correctly, she doesn't really have crush on three people. She is attracted to people like the said three and or MAY possibly form a crush on ONE of them.

2 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

The tumblr post you linked say Sexuality not yet canonized (I’m leaning towards either bisexual or lesbian),so we don't know if she will ever be actually bi or lesbian in the comics. But I don't mind her sexual orientation, that's not the point I was talking about. 

I was asking "is it even possible for her to have a crush on THREE different people AT ONCE, especially when two are opposite sides (one working under an cruel evil villain) and another from a different dimension". The said section you say as evidence is OC You Ship Them With: Nobody, but I think she might crush on Blaze, Sally, or Clove– women who seem to have their shit together.So if I understand correctly, she doesn't really have crush on three people. She is attracted to people like the said three and or MAY possibly form a crush on ONE of them.

Calm down. I was just going off by what I saw, okay?

I'm not saying Gold needs to have a crush on all three of those characters. Sally and Clove were just extra possibilities. What I'm saying is that Gold could possibly be a Blaze fangirl. Is there anything wrong with that? I just like to speculate a lot, that's all.

51 minutes ago, SilverStarN64 said:

Calm down. I was just going off by what I saw, okay?

I'm not saying Gold needs to have a crush on all three of those characters. Sally and Clove were just extra possibilities. What I'm saying is that Gold could possibly be a Blaze fangirl. Is there anything wrong with that? I just like to speculate a lot, that's all.

I know it's just your opinion...? I was at first simply saying what you said sound headcanon-ish rather than canon, and when you gave me a link you sounded like it was supposed to be canon and interpreted my question wrong so I was explaining that. No anger or upset feelings, no accusations or anything.

As for future arcs, I want more interactions among Egg Bosses. And not the combination we saw in the current issues, but a different one like C.Storm and the Sisters, or Kuku and Nephthys. Which reminds me, I can't think of a way how the several freedom fighters that were introduced (damn I can't even remember their names) will have a role in the future. I won't be surprised if they're just there for world building and we never see them again aside from being briefly mentioned or used as a prop for the more important characters. 

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

I know it's just your opinion...? I was at first simply saying what you said sound headcanon-ish rather than canon, and when you gave me a link you sounded like it was supposed to be canon and interpreted my question wrong so I was explaining that. No anger or upset feelings, no accusations or anything.

It's alright, dude. :)

11 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

As for future arcs, I want more interactions among Egg Bosses. And not the combination we saw in the current issues, but a different one like C.Storm and the Sisters, or Kuku and Nephthys. Which reminds me, I can't think of a way how the several freedom fighters that were introduced (damn I can't even remember their names) will have a role in the future. I won't be surprised if they're just there for world building and we never see them again aside from being briefly mentioned or used as a prop for the more important characters. 

I'd like to see some more interactions between Egg Bosses as well. By the way, what do you think of this idea?

Spoiler

Panic in the Sky (Possible Rival Showdowns):

Sonic vs Axel (self-explanatory)

Tails vs Nephthys (They're both the flying aces of their teams, so why not? Plus, I can imagine Tails giving Nephthys an epic lecture on her siding with Eggman, and Nephthys arguing back with the tragedy of warfare and what it can do to people.)

Amy vs Abyss (Due to visiting the Sol Dimension in PPP, Amy would have a grudge against pirates. When she first sees Abyss, that won't end well. Both are fun and quirky females, but they would despise each other too. Plus, it would be neat to see Amy fight against a pirate that lives in Sonic's World, rather than the Sol Zone.)

Cream vs Mordred (This emphasizes Mordred's cowardly nature, as in "He's such a coward that he's picking on a child." He clearly sees Cream as the weakest opponent and thus is attacking her instead of anybody else.)

Big vs Thunderbolt (This is a "big vs small" matchup. An obese cat with a low-pitched voice vs a midget with a high-pitched voice. It would be quite cathartic and amusing to see these two fight against one another.)

Knuckles vs Akhlut (The aggressive brawlers of their group. Who's got the mightier muscles? Also, Akhlut's design reminds me of an evil version of Boom!Knuckles as a cyborg orca.)

Sally vs Clove (This is more of a tragic battle, since they had a pleasant first meeting in the comics and Sally even offered to help Clove, so it's rather sad to see them being forced to do battle.)

Antoine vs Conquering Storm (Two powerful and agile characters with exotic accents fighting against one another. Antoine is the knight, while Connie is the ninja. They both have a sake of honor and pride that they have to protect as well.)

Bunnie vs Maw (The cyborg belle vs the cyborg prince. They both have different outlooks on life when it comes to anything related to technology. Plus, it would be neat to see Bunnie fight against a cyborg newcomer like her.)

Rotor vs Tundra (Father vs Son in a nutshell)

Tails vs Battle Kukku (self-explanatory)

Sonic vs Wendy (This would be a revenge match. Sonic would hold a grudge against Wendy for getting captured by her with crystal magic.)

*Antoine vs Conquering Storm*

Are you crazy?!?!?! Are you trying to get Antoine killed?!?!?!

Do you not know know how dangerous my bae is (even tho she's going Leeroy Jenkins on the Witchcarters)? A better match up for him would probably be Mordred Hood - both are of some kind or nobility, and  there's some sort of connection with Hood and the D'Coollettes given that Hood surrendered Eurish to Eggman instead of them or the Acorns.

Also, little nitpick (and a fun fact), but Ninjas are some of the most dishonorable fighters you can imagine. Their entire fighting style is the polar opposite of the samurai, the one's who are honorable - a ninja would actually throw sand or even broken glass in a samurai's eye and try to fight them or get the hell out of dodge while the samurai tries to rub the stuff out of their eyes. Or shoot poison darts at you from a distance, or set up traps, basically anything you can think of that isn't honorable. Their fighting style is about dirty fighting.

Not sure where on the fence they have Conquering Storm as, whether she's a samurai or a ninja. But if going more for her being a ninja (which judging by the ninja stars she's throwing in Eggman's Dozen part 3 Cover, they are), they've got that part wrong because the last thing a ninja should be talking about is "honor". Not that it's a big deal, but just so you know.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, ChaosSupremeSonic said:

Hey, let's be fair, here.  If they wanted that, they would have put him up against Metal Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 5

Okay, now you're just going into overkill. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I still really want a fuller explanation for how the Sol Zone was stuck in continuity limbo in PPP.

I know the Jeweled Scepter was the reason, but there's still more questions there: was it just the memories of the zone's residents that were effected? Or is the entire zone's history still identical to how it was pre-SGW? Did Blaze's memories of the old Prime Zone still happen post-SGW? Or are they just memories? If it's the former did the Rush games still happen? Was the effect the SGW had on the zone temporary or long-lasting? And what is the deal with Captain Metal?

You know, it's been ages since anyone mentioned memories from old world.  I think everyone already forgot everything before 248.

This is kinda weird. I heard that Flynn wanted to make a "clean cut", but editors insisted for connection to the old world. So everyone had memories... and that's how this plotline ends. It's not like Sonic can fix it. It's just like when editors ordered Flynn to kill somebody during Unite: he didn't planned it, so he did it  quickly and moved on.

4 hours ago, ChaosSupremeSonic said:

Also, little nitpick (and a fun fact), but Ninjas are some of the most dishonorable fighters you can imagine. Their entire fighting style is the polar opposite of the samurai, the one's who are honorable - a ninja would actually throw sand or even broken glass in a samurai's eye and try to fight them or get the hell out of dodge while the samurai tries to rub the stuff out of their eyes. Or shoot poison darts at you from a distance, or set up traps, basically anything you can think of that isn't honorable. Their fighting style is about dirty fighting.

Not sure where on the fence they have Conquering Storm as, whether she's a samurai or a ninja. But if going more for her being a ninja (which judging by the ninja stars she's throwing in Eggman's Dozen part 3 Cover, they are), they've got that part wrong because the last thing a ninja should be talking about is "honor". Not that it's a big deal, but just so you know.

In their defence, sticking to that reality of ninja is nigh impossible when the one game ninja breaks that convention himself (and that may have spawned from inaccuracy too given that they made him a ninja because they interpretted his pre-Heroes self as having a Samurai-like conduct, which as you pointed out doesn't gel in terms of honour).

Edit: PS. While I'm looking for the official preview for SU#85, have the one that's up on Google Books.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, ChaosSupremeSonic said:

Antoine is a pretty competent fighter. I'm sure he could handle her. Not that he would overpower her, mind you. Only in the sense that they could fight to a standstill.

6 hours ago, ChaosSupremeSonic said:

What about Espio, though? I don't think he would try to cheat that much.

To be fair, I only assumed Conquering Storm was a ninja. Judging by her appearance, I'm hoping she's going to be a samurai, but we'll just have to wait and see for ourselves...

Aw yis, can't wait to see more of the Egg Bosses ability, and how they handle situations. Axel is like the noblest motherfucker out there

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, SilverStarN64 said:

Here's the next Egg Boss, featuring the grandiose and magnanimous Battle Lord himself! B)

sonic_channel_kuku_by_adambrycethomas-da

Only 4 more Egg Bosses left...

Lel I like the pose. He's like-

"BEECH IM FABULOUS"

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Fusion Zebra said:

Lel I like the pose. He's like-

"BEECH IM FABULOUS"

He's not nearly as fabulous without the high heels, though. But, he looks less ridiculous that way.

Plus, Speedy looks better without the diaper anyway. The leotard makes him more mature and regal, IMO.

I do wonder if they're going to make any changes with Dr. Fukurokov...