Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Here's an individual view of three more male Egg Bosses!

tundra_sonic_channel_by_adambrycethomas-

sonic_channel_mordred_hood_by_adambrycet

sonic_channel_axel_by_adambrycethomas-da

Only one more Egg Boss left...

1 hour ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

http://adambrycethomas.deviantart.com/art/Eggman-s-Dozen-610402102 Aw yis, (almost) complete conic channel-style Egg Bosses set.

It's nice to know that A.B.T. is doing a full chart of all the Egg Bosses (I'm expecting Wendy soon...) :)

• Thumbs Up 6

Still haven't found the official preview, but I did find the entire comic scanned onto 4chan while looking for said preview.

Wow, Conquering Storm really was an idiot for charging as it provided literally no advantage. Mordred turns out to actually read the reading dossier Eggman provides while Stormy skimmed it, and it was useful. Stormy might want to wait for Wings of Fire part 2 for a better outing.

Also, I thought the Grand Battle Kukku's jagged teeth were just part of the visual style in the preview, but given a later panel I suspect that his cybernetics are that.

51 minutes ago, SilverStarN64 said:

tundra_sonic_channel_by_adambrycethomas-

this one its my favourite one so far!  ^_^ 

sonic_channel_kuku_by_adambrycethomas-da

heheh dunno why but Grand Battle Kukku here reminds me a bit Corn Flakes' mascot... maybe because of the colors XD heheheh

• Thumbs Up 7

23 minutes ago, Drawloverlala said:

heheh dunno why but Grand Battle Kukku here reminds me a bit Corn Flakes' mascot... maybe because of the colors XD heheheh

It's even funnier because with that pose he's making, I can actually imagine him carrying a bowl of Corn Flakes with one hand out. ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

On May 20, 2016 at 3:04 PM, RobotnikHolmes said:

and more space for Gold to develop her character (the writer did say she considers her either bisexual or lesbian, which would be nice to see hints of at least).

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! This is a comic that a lot of little kids read. There shouldn't be any bisexual or lesbian anything. None of the characters should have any sexual feelings towards each other. Yeah Amy always wanted to be Sonic's girlfriend but she never said she wanted to have sex with him. This is Sonic we're talking about. Sex doesn't belong in Sonic or anything related to Sonic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/22/2016 at 7:28 AM, The Chairman Of The Board said:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! This is a comic that a lot of little kids read. There shouldn't be any bisexual or lesbian anything. None of the characters should have any sexual feelings towards each other. Yeah Amy always wanted to be Sonic's girlfriend but she never said she wanted to have sex with him. This is Sonic we're talking about. Sex doesn't belong in Sonic or anything related to Sonic. 

When did I make mention of sex? I referred to hints of Gold being lesbian/bisexual, like through expression or though dialogue. I dunno, something subtle.

• Thumbs Up 7

9 hours ago, The Chairman Of The Board said:

Sex doesn't belong in Sonic or anything related to Sonic. 

9 hours ago, The Chairman Of The Board said:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! This is a comic that a lot of little kids read. There shouldn't be any bisexual or lesbian anything. None of the characters should have any sexual feelings towards each other. Yeah Amy always wanted to be Sonic's girlfriend but she never said she wanted to have sex with him. This is Sonic we're talking about.

@RobotnikHolmes never said anything regarding sex in the comics. He was specifically referring to subtle hints of Gold's sexuality. Work on your reading comprehension.

19 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Also, I thought the Grand Battle Kukku's jagged teeth were just part of the visual style in the preview, but given a later panel I suspect that his cybernetics are that.

The Battle Kukku's "teeth" are his cybernetics? Huh. That's...interesting. It does make sense, since he didn't have any visible cybernetics shown anywhere else. I suppose Dr. Eggman was his "dentist", then.

12 hours ago, The Chairman Of The Board said:

Why are screaming, can't you see that,.... Ok, enough people screamed at Chairman, I'll give him a chance to actually reply. I wouldn't be surprised if he just misread something.

I don't really care about Gold's preferences, but I'm moderate SilverXBlaze fan, so it works for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, while I'm still waiting for that preview (seriously, it should have been out by now), a couple of little things.

1. Has anyone noticed that non-Egg Boss characters haven't really garnered much attention since Champions? This isn't even a delay thing, there's been next to no stuff about the likes of the Wolf Pack or even Gold (aside from her being mentioned often in the context of asking what Silver's going to be doing.

2. Kinda jabbing at Wings of Fire, but unrelated to design; did anyone else get the vibe that the Chinese setting was being forced in way harder that other places had their setting alluded to? Not the clothing because I like that, but with all the formal greetings (which I'm pretty sure places like Shamar would have too because of its real world counterpart) and that one line where Dulcy's like "Say ni hao to my team". That line especially struck me as weird.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, Lupe, the Shamar group, and Dulcy are on the cover to issue 283, so maybe they'll be getting more coverage sooner than we think?

• Thumbs Up 1

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=LPstDAAAQBAJ&pg=PR2&dq=Sonic+mega+drive&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=Sonic%20mega%20drive&f=false

Another preview from Google Books, this time of 282.

This one is a bit odd in that it showcases the first three pages of the first story...before jumping to the last page of said story, followed by a single page of the second story.

• Thumbs Up 6

1. Just like the Desert Raiders, the Chun-Nan FF have an alternate title; The Shijin Warriors. I guess that means every "Freedom Fighter" group has a non-FF name now (since the Mercia/Avalon FF seem to be going by the Merry Men title or something.

2. Ah, I see Dulcy has inherited a very reptile-centric trait now - The ability to not give a toss. Face still irks me though.

Edit: Geebus, Sonic Universe 84 got sub 5.9k on the direct market sales.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 21 May 2016 at 0:06 AM, Detective Reptiles said:

Still haven't found the official preview, but I did find the entire comic scanned onto 4chan while looking for said preview.

Hide contents

Wow, Conquering Storm really was an idiot for charging as it provided literally no advantage. Mordred turns out to actually read the reading dossier Eggman provides while Stormy skimmed it, and it was useful. Stormy might want to wait for Wings of Fire part 2 for a better outing.

Charging must have somehow granted her more "honour".

I do think the mindset that was shown is Storm saw tactical planning as dishonourable due to giving enemies disadvantages and generally attacking in a way that avoids confrontation and knocks out opponents in one shot. Because of this, she got in over her head and believed that she could take their enemies in a head-on manner, which lead to the witchcarters gaining the advantage through numbers and power.

18 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

I dunno why you're screaming when there's already two? three? relationships already: Antoine & Bunnie are married, Amy has feels for Sonic (game canon), Vector loves Vanilla (was that game canon?)...Also I dunno if it counts but TB has a thing for Eggman that people say "loyalty" but is more extreme than any of the pairs I mentioned (blush &sweat, shaky, hearts, becoming soft and wobbly, make collage of his and her picture)...If that's OK, why can't Gold having feels for girls not ok? The only difference is its girl to girl instead of girl to boy. 

I hate it when people scream relationship=SEX when it's not...love can be expressed by gestures like holding hands, caring for each other, or the most closest to what you may consider "sexual" is kissing...heck little kids can have cute love and they don't have any thought or action that's sexual. Is it a western thing that you need sex to be considered in love/ in a relationship regardless of age or gender, or is it universal and just happen to specific fandoms? 

I think the Vector loves Vanilla part came from Sonic X? Not sure if that was shown in the Sonic X comics tho...

Anyway, odd that previews are coming from Google Books now... Though the penciling looks good!

On May 21, 2016 at 6:06 PM, Detective Reptiles said:

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think anybody expected her rushing in like that to be smart.

:lol: Her going Leeroy Jenkins is basically saying "It was at this moment Conquering Storm knew...she fucked up," after getting tossed around in explosions.

Hope you take this as a learning lesson, bae. :P <3

I suppose that's the samurai/kung-fu half of her showing. If she was full ninja, she should be less inclined to do that.

The comics completely ignored what Sonic X did with Vector. Heck, Espio has more material with Vanilla.

And the games have nothing between them because they haven't even interacted there.

18 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Just like the Desert Raiders, the Chun-Nan FF have an alternate title; The Shijin Warriors. I guess that means every "Freedom Fighter" group has a non-FF name now (since the Mercia/Avalon FF seem to be going by the Merry Men title or something.

2. Ah, I see Dulcy has inherited a very reptile-centric trait now - The ability to not give a toss. Face still irks me though.

Edit: Geebus, Sonic Universe 84 got sub 5.9k on the direct market sales.

tumblr_o4xasyEp4O1sxudx7o1_1280.png

I'll be honest, it's bad enough we seem to have a surfeit of teams, but then we have to make it like nearly every continent has a local Freedom Fighter branch by giving them a silly name. Just make a group of 3 to 5 guys, each with their own unique skill or quirk ('The leader', 'the brains', 'the orphan') and call them 'The Soumerican Shining Squad' or 'The Efrika Number 1 Freedom Fighters Agency'.

Okay, I am exaggerating a little bit. However I wouldn't mind just having one or two characters, who simply lead a group of nameless rebels against the Egg army. Maybe flesh out a couple of grunts but just focus on the main leaders. In fact, I'm trying to remember if we've seen just some bog-standard, normal freedom fighters. It feels less like a conflict and more like a gang war. Also, why aren't there any mixed human/mobian freedom fighters? What's GUN doing in half these cases?

Also, it sucks that the Universe arc isn't doing well, it's darn good.

EDIT:

Ah, yes, I forgot about Lupe's Team of non-names the 'It's Not Lupes'.

Still, aside from Relic, Gold, Honey, Ray, the characters from 'Waves of Change' and a few others (Breezie maybe if you discount the S6, plus Mighty if you're not counting him as part of the Chaotix) most characters I can think of from the top of my head are part of some team or the other. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Egg Bosses, FF teams, Witchcarters, Robot Masters in Megaman, Flynn really likes writing characters with just enough quirks to be characters, but not enough depth that they would draw attention from main cast. The question is when those characters are needed in the first place or is Flynn is just filling some pointless quota. For example Egg Bosses are a way to fight Eggman all the time and very rarely at the same time. I'm not sure if I approve, but I see the logic. But local FF teams?

Personally I would  prefer not having any FF teams at all (but since we have Shamar FF and Chun-Nan FF, then I guess it's too late). Avatar Aang, Samurai Jack, Thundercats, Secret Saturdays, to certain degree Doctor Who. Those are shows about "super hero' traveling around the globe fighting evil, and they didn't meet guy who did their job there. That's what made hero important.

• Thumbs Up 3

Um, Samurai Jack and especially Avatar had other people trying to do their job along the way. The Scotsman was the only guy I can think of who was also opposing Aku, but in Avatar you had the Kyoshi Warriors, Jet's gang, and the Order of the White Lotus who were also fighting the Fire Nation with the rest of the Gaang. Not really any different from Archie Sonic, if not more similar in Avatar's case.

• Thumbs Up 3