Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Wait just noticed something. Dulcy and Cinder are from the Eastern Forest and Southern Pyre clan respectively, right? Look at their positions in the commission pic ABT made; East and South on the cardinals of a compass. Is this perhaps a proper reflection of their clans, so Bunker would be North and Jian would be West?

Not too huge a fan of the world building at the moment. I like the fact that it's happening but for me it usually works better when the characters are more interesting and they have more of a reaction to the environment around them. It's no "Luffy and Nami ride the Yagara around Water Seven" for me. But then again, nothing ever will be. 

Also, these new character introductions on the hero side aren't really that compelling either. 

That said, I've been enjoying the comics a lot more since the reboot, I must say. And this new Eggman Arc is just my kind of thing. After Sonic X I grew to love and find appreciation in just how much fun villains can be and how much fun they love to have. The Battle Kuku Lord especially. 

*fan letter asks if Dr. Warpnik can appear in the comic*

*looks up who that is*

...I think that tells you how I feel about him.

Well, if he does show up in the comic, we all know the one major thing that'd need to change.

He wouldn't show up precisely because of that stipulation. Uncle Chuck may have been loopholed in, but I don't think that extends to characters who would be new to the comic.

... I don't see how the "no family" mandate would forbid anyone from appearing? SEGA never gave indication of wanting characters gone, just specific elements. Introduce Warpnik as not being Robotnik's cousin, and as far as we know, that's fine and dandy.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I imagine if Archie wanted to use Dr. warpnik, that would be no issue. He just wouldn't be able to be related to Eggman. The question is, would they ever WANT to use the character?

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, ThatGuy said:

Where's this letter from anyway? A new issue?

Yeah, Universe 85

Huh, I thought the solicits only just came out... in any case they seem to have solved whatever issue it was that held them up

Weird how at first, people were upset that there was nothing to the new world except some remnants of the old continuity, now everyone is upset that Ian is trying build things up to a semi-comparable level so quickly. Obviously it's not going to be quite as rich as the original yet, but man, there really is no winning.

• Thumbs Up 4

I think the problem is that it's being held within the confines of the Unleashed story, which A, forces the plot to move forward even if it could be served better with a pause, and B, has the sense of 'we know how it ends, get on with it'. Also it's not so much the world and character building as much as it is the way those characters are built. That said, it will always be a case where people will have a grumble. That's just the way things are

21 minutes ago, Toby said:

Yeah, I imagine if Archie wanted to use Dr. warpnik, that would be no issue. He just wouldn't be able to be related to Eggman. The question is, would they ever WANT to use the character?

Him or Kat, which would you prefer?

We all know it's going to be Captain Rescue anyway

46 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Where's this letter from anyway? A new issue?

SU #85.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Toby said:

Only if we get a Fish Fight out of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SilverStarN64 said:

SU #85.

Yeah, I'm being immensely thick, seeing as I read that issue last week (to be fair I've been super busy as of late so my mind's in a mush).

1 minute ago, SBR2 said:

Only if we get a Fish Fight out of it.

That and a visit to the Special Stage (remember, the Warp of Confusion is based off the Sonic 1 Special Stage)

@ThatGuy Here's some other tidbits that you might want to know...

Spoiler

Q: "Will we ever see an arc pairing Shadow and Silver?"

A: "Shadow and Silver would make a really cool team. But will we ever see them together in Sonic Universe? For that matter, what if we added in Sonic and made our dynamic duo a titanic trio?..."

It seems like they're hinting towards another Universe arc (or a Universe milestone) with Sonic, Shadow, and Silver together.

Another person asked if Eggman's cousin from the AOSTH cartoon (Dr. Warpnik) was going to appear (you already know about this part, though). The response stated that it was up to the readers, if they wanted him to appear.

Same deal with the Shamar Freedom Fighters in Sonic Universe (I would LOVE to see this happen soon)...

Someone also asked if Eclipse would ever switch sides like Shadow (I highly doubt that, though). The response stated that "only time will tell". "But so far it seems like Eclipse is pretty unrepentant..."

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Weird how at first, people were upset that there was nothing to the new world except some remnants of the old continuity, now everyone is upset that Ian is trying build things up to a semi-comparable level so quickly. Obviously it's not going to be quite as rich as the original yet, but man, there really is no winning.

I just want something different then Egg Boss and FF team. Breezie, Meropis, Ellidy, those things work fine. 3 teams in the row? A bit less.

Also, looking at last SU, I don't like how Conquering Storm hair look like. I know that Tails has something similar, but her strand are way longer and thinner, constantly falling on her face. In Preebot I assumed that's because she has long hair overall, but now we see that except those two strand, her hairdo is perfectly flat.

• Thumbs Up 1

A Silver Sonic Shadow (which already sounds like a cool super hero name) arc would be pretty snazzy. As for other characters, on the one hand while I'd love to see a few more familiar faces I just hope they'd get a proper introduction. First impressions do count and given our recent discussions it would probably be best if we keep new characters till after the Universe arc is finished.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just read SU85

Spoiler

Maw fucking barfs lasers at people how are you guys not reacting to this

3 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Actually, he's "inhaling" the Badniks in his mouth. Essentially, think of Kirby.

1 minute ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Just read SU85

Hide contents

Actually...

I thought it looked like some mega bite, in accordance with thylacine's having a socking great pair of jaws on them.  There's also another theory from someone saying he inhaled them.  Personally I'd prefer the former, since it would be a nice touch considering the animal and bring about some nice Ty undertones (intentional or not)

Spoiler

I really think it would be an Inhaling ability. Maybe they all end up in the Special Zone or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

I thought it looked like some mega bite, in accordance with thylacine's having a socking great pair of jaws on them.  There's also another theory from someone saying he inhaled them.  Personally I'd prefer the former, since it would be a nice touch considering the animal and bring about some nice Ty undertones (intentional or not)

The panel displaying Maw's power shows that the Badniks are essentially getting pulled into his mouth, like a vacuum. It's not a "mega bite".

4 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

Actually...

Hide contents

Spoiler

Yeah, the Badniks kinda swirled around him before "vanishing", so it looks like Maw is the Sonic equivalent of Kirby, which would make him the most OP character.

Speaking of SU #85, I just had a dark thought:

If Wendy really is the final Egg Boss (which looks extremely likely at this point), you think Eggman will punish her for betraying him by locking up her cybernetics? It would explain why she's not helping her brother in Shattered, but it seems pretty dark to off her so soon after her introduction. (Then again, Black Death was killed just three issues after his debut)

• Thumbs Up 2