Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Why did i just now learn about archie sonic comics?

And how doi make a spoiler box?

I only knew about Sonic the comic,btw

4 minutes ago, Arranos said:

I really think it would be an Inhaling ability. Maybe they all end up in the Special Zone or something.

Agreed. That would be pretty interesting if they ended up in the Special Zone.

2 minutes ago, RobbieTheLebeau said:

Why did i just now learn about archie sonic comics?

And how do I make a spoiler box?

I only knew about Sonic the comic,btw

Bad luck

It's they eye icon in your tool bar, the one that shows upi when you try to write a post.

1 minute ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Bad luck

It's they eye icon in your tool bar, the one that shows upi when you try to write a post.

Thank you,friend.

Spoiler

I am also surprised that there aren't any comics based off of Chris Thorndike  Big The Cat

Big appears often in the newer comics, actually.

And there was a Sonic X Archie series as well, complete with Chris Thorndyke. It retained better writing an art than the main series for around a year, actually. Not because it was good, but because it wasn't Penders and Lim.

2 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Big appears often in the newer comics, actually.

And there was a Sonic X Archie series as well, complete with Chris Thorndyke. It retained better writing an art than the main series for around a year, actually. Not because it was good, but because it wasn't Penders and Lim.

There was a sonic x comic?

Also,i meant a entire arc with big as a main character. That would make people realise how useful useless he is.

Just now, RobbieTheLebeau said:

Also,i meant a entire arc with big as a main character. That would make people realise how useful useless he is.

Big's Big Fishing adventure?

You know what, sure. As long as it leads to a massive side-story (which is actually a massive crisis to which Big is but a Forest Gump figure to, the whole arc told from Big's point of view)

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, RobbieTheLebeau said:

yup.

TlVkJZy.jpg

1 minute ago, Shaddy the guy said:

yup.

TlVkJZy.jpg

That face is creepy as fuck

You know its comming

kermit-drinking-tea-meme_351503.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Also, looking at last SU, I don't like how Conquering Storm hair look like.

403.gifgiphy-facebook_s.jpg

Wat cho say, bub? You dissin mah bae? :angry:

1 hour ago, RobbieTheLebeau said:

Lol, you came to the wrong place to realize that. Big is part of the core cast and is everything except useless in this comic.

And this is coming from someone who has a low opinion of him in the games. An in a sense, he kinda did have somewhat of an arc back in the old verse when the FF visited the Felidae. Not the best example, but it's something.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 minute ago, ChaosSupremeSonic said:

403.gifgiphy-facebook_s.jpg

Wat cho say, bub? You dissin mah bae? :angry:

Lol, you came to the wrong place to realize that. Big is part of the core cast and is everything except useless in this comic.

And this is coming from someone who has a low opinion of him in the games.

What does he do? What role does he have? Tell me

20 minutes ago, RobbieTheLebeau said:

What does he do? What role does he have? Tell me

He's currently traveling with the Freedom Fighters on the Sky Patrol. He often assists during mission. What does he bring to the table? In the words of Sonic himself, he can basically throw a mountain at you. With little effort.

One thing I can compliment about the comic is that Big is given a role as part of the team and not treated as a useless dumbhead for jokes.

• Thumbs Up 9

2 hours ago, RobbieTheLebeau said:

That face is creepy as fuck

You know its comming

kermit-drinking-tea-meme_351503.jpg

...Froggy?!

• Thumbs Up 1

Big has had enough mockery in the games, so it's good that he's appreciated somewhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Forte-Metallix said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, the Badniks kinda swirled around him before "vanishing", so it looks like Maw is the Sonic equivalent of Kirby, which would make him the most OP character.

Speaking of SU #85, I just had a dark thought:

If Wendy really is the final Egg Boss (which looks extremely likely at this point), you think Eggman will punish her for betraying him by locking up her cybernetics? It would explain why she's not helping her brother in Shattered, but it seems pretty dark to off her so soon after her introduction. (Then again, Black Death was killed just three issues after his debut)

Actually, if you look in the background while Maw and Nephtys talk, there are three falling objects for three panels. I was wondering if anyone else noticed them.

I'll admit, I always did portray Knuckles as the 3rd member of Team Sonic all the time when I was younger, even when he wasn't (Sonic 3, Adventure 1).

It was probably because of Heroes that made me feel that way, my position on Knuckles is different now.

I still think X is his best characterization, being serious and prioritizing his mission, working alone, and while gullible, he's still smart for the most part. THAT should be Knuckles ideal personality, Boom can keep the dumb muscle personality but modern Knux's old personality needs to came back in the games.

10 hours ago, Destructo-Dude said:

I'll admit, I always did portray Knuckles as the 3rd member of Team Sonic all the time when I was younger, even when he wasn't (Sonic 3, Adventure 1).

It was probably because of Heroes that made me feel that way, my position on Knuckles is different now.

I still think X is his best characterization, being serious and prioritizing his mission, working alone, and while gullible, he's still smart for the most part. THAT should be Knuckles ideal personality, Boom can keep the dumb muscle personality but modern Knux's old personality needs to came back in the games.

My only problem with X Knuckles was his butt monkey role. Not so much he actually had jokes at his expense, that's half the fun (half, not ALL), but the fact more of them came from the rest of the team bullying him rather than his own buffoonery. Even Boom Knuckles drew the line at making him a 'Meg Griffin'. There's also the bad implications coming from him being shamed or tricked into not following his own ideals and goal all the time, you know, the same thing the heroes claim Eggman is wrong for doing to him all the time.

X Knuckles probably would have been good against a Sonic that wasn't over idealised and had all the cast blindly gushing over him and demonising anyone that contradicted him.

• Thumbs Up 3

17 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Weird how at first, people were upset that there was nothing to the new world except some remnants of the old continuity, now everyone is upset that Ian is trying build things up to a semi-comparable level so quickly. Obviously it's not going to be quite as rich as the original yet, but man, there really is no winning.

Human beings are complicated and are never universally satisfied, this is literally the nature of society.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just read SU 85. Slightly weaker then previous issue.

Spoiler

- Egg Bosses showed beautifully their personalities last time, here they do it with their powers. I works with some, especially Maw, but others... Hood and C-S didn't even do anything, punching was formality after power was gone.

- Art still okay, with some really great single panel (Maw doing... thing, Akluth hypnosis, etc)

- Naugus is still a bit of a goof (I guess I'll have to get use to it). The Ixis idea is kinda weird, but let's see where they go with it.

- I'm a bit sad that Metal will have so little time for himself, but I guess keeping him as "final boss" means he stays as a big threat.

And lastly: next issue cover... You know, I'm one of those guys who really avoid spoilers for anything. And as far I know it does help. I didn't knew Vision will be in Avengers 2 or who will be the villain in Dawn of Justice. Things are just more exiting. Sure, reading forums spoils my fun from time to time (Nixus), but what can I do? If you're preferring to not be surprised and read Solicitations for every issue, then it's my fault for being on this forum.

With that said, revealing Eggman's "secret weapon" on the cover is pretty stupid idea to me. I know that cover should show what will happen in the issue, but you there are plenty alternatives. (Still, I think final of "Total Eclipse" was the worst in that category).

11 hours ago, RobbieTheLebeau said:

Let me bring you to speed on everything: Archie Sonic has 281 issues by now. It started as (sorta) Sonic Satam adaptation, with games elements, slowly evolving into it's own thing. In issue 160 Ian Flynn became main writer doing major changes, bringing comics closer to feel of games. Sadly one of previous writers, Ken Penders, sued Archie demanding his characters back, so after 247 comic rebooted. Now we're more in the games world, with Satam elements, with almost all Archie-exclusive characters gone, while Penders is making is own comic, "Lara-Su Chroncles".

Sonic has one spin-off book: Sonic Universe (85 issues), about Knuckles, Shadow and other Sonic friends. Other already cancelled series are Sonic X (40), Sonic Boom (11), Knuckles book (32) and many specials and miniseries. Also Megaman had his comic, twice crossovering with Sonic. It went on hiatus (many suspect a permanent one) after issue 55.

20 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Weird how at first, people were upset that there was nothing to the new world except some remnants of the old continuity, now everyone is upset that Ian is trying build things up to a semi-comparable level so quickly. Obviously it's not going to be quite as rich as the original yet, but man, there really is no winning.

Because it shouldn't be not doing anything at all=0, or doing everything at once sacrificing everything else=100. They could've done any in between, but no its either none or all. Archie and Ian been doing this comic for years, they should know how to balance that out by now.

Well, between a second crossover he didn't want to do because of a crappy editor, a three month hiatus, and rushing the final act to appease the readers saying they're tired of Unleashed, it's gonna feel a little rushed.

• Thumbs Up 9