Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

On 6/5/2016 at 3:39 PM, Detective Reptiles said:

-Conquering Storm and Clove/Nephthys; Conquering Storm in the old continuity seemed less than fond of the idea of sacrifice for others if it compromised yourself, what with Lightning's love for her being completely disregarded because he wasn't strong enough to fight to keep his place. If that held true here, I can see her having some problem with Nephthys as the (unbeknown to her, intentional) stalemate in Shamar shouldn't be so hard to break, and she'd especially have an issue with Clove keeping Cassia around. Could you imagine if Stormy outright called Cassia a liability on Clove's potential (and by inference, she should just let her sister die)? Things would hit the fan faster than a wind tunnel.

-Abyss and Ahklut. The sea can't be that easy to split into territories, right? How often do you think there's confusion over what waters belong to who, which ends up in fighting over it? 

Really, the only character who doesn't have at least one definite potential friction point is Maw, but that's because he's so new and seems to have very clear and independent goals away from any of the Egg Bosses' plans. 

I don't know about Conquering Storm vs Clove or Nephthys. New Conquering Storm seems more equal opportunity and would probably be more understanding given that she would understand the problem with fighting other factions in her region. In CS's defense, she's against what appears to be multiple factions, while Nephthys is only against one, but one or a dozen I think she'd know that things aren't always as easy as it seems. That ass kicking she got from the Witchcarters should have taught her the hard way, if anything.

As for Clove, that's to early to say. It really depends on how she defines strong and weak, and how she views Cassia over her sickness. It could really go anywhere because Cassia is practically the source of Clove's strength for continuing, so someone like Storm should be able to see (or should eventually see) that if Clove were to let her sister die then there goes her potential with it.

As for Abyss and Ahklut, I suppose that depends on the extent of Meropis that is under Ahklut's domain. Although I'd imagine Abyss wouldn't give a single fuck so long as she can plunder treasure while Ahklut cares more for conquest. If anything, it be less against territorial extent and more for resources.

All in all, this is why Chiefs of Staff are a thing. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=v9g2DAAAQBAJ&pg=PA2-IA2&dq=Sonic+universe&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=Sonic universe&f=false

Another early preview curtasy of Google Books, this time of SU#86. BE WARNED: remember how the GB preview for #282 was messed up a bit? Well, this one messes up a lot more spectacularly by showing off the final two pages of the story.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dun giv a shit. Gimme da spoilers!!!

=3

EDIT: LOL, we totally called it folks! (damn GB was more messed up than I expected)

Also, dat unmasked Nephthys!

EDIT2: HOLY FUCK! And I also called it when Eggman could use Wendy for the potential Lost Worlds arc! But I wasn't expecting to be that right about it.

EDIT3: And whoever said the Nixis possibly being Naugus also called it.

Boy we saw a lot of things coming, didn't we?

• Thumbs Up 2

Wonder why they're messing up the previews so badly? I don't mind, the intro is a little boring for me so it's more interesting to see the middle part...but the last page?

Spoiler

Will Naugus lose his power once Knuckles get back the emerald? Or once restored it stays?

Neph's face tho. it was obvious, but that's how many bosses with face implants? Also wonder how the heck  her mask work, especially the eyes...

18 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=v9g2DAAAQBAJ&pg=PA2-IA2&dq=Sonic+universe&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=Sonic universe&f=false

Another early preview curtasy of Google Books, this time of SU#86. BE WARNED: remember how the GB preview for #282 was messed up a bit? Well, this one messes up a lot more spectacularly by showing off the final two pages of the story.

Well then.

(SPOILERS)

Spoiler

-Wendy's the last Egg Boss. Surprise surprise. bah.

-Please don't let the Lost World arc be immediately after Shattered World

-HIDDEN PALACE. Also, a nod to the (not) "Master Emerald" that was in the original Hidden Palace? Though maybe in this case it actually is the Master Emerald, and Wally's gathered more than three shards.

11.png

EDIT: ...is Wally tying his beard in a knot?

Edited by Mister X

So, by the end of this arc...

Spoiler

...Eggman recruits Wendy as his 12th (and possibly final) Egg Boss, with her first assignment to look for a Cacophonic Conch after the first one disappeared due to Worlds Unite. Why do I get the feeling that a Lost World storyline could happen sooner than I initially thought?

And it looks like Walter's gone to the Sonic 2 Hidden Palace, using what appears to be another Master Emerald to fuel his powers. I'm kinda surprised they're going with that detail, since that was one thing that confused me when playing the Sonic 2 remaster.

I'm certainly intrigued to see how this'll play out in full once I get the issue.

• Thumbs Up 2

Depends on how soon we're talking. I could be wrong, but don't think a Lost World arc would happen that soon. Maybe after at least four issues or so, but not directly after Unleashed when everyone will probably be recuperating and planning their next moves.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Well then.

(SPOILERS)

Reveal hidden contents

-Wendy's the last Egg Boss. Surprise surprise. bah.

-HIDDEN PALACE. Also, a nod to the (not) "Master Emerald" that was in the original Hidden Palace? Though maybe in this case it actually is the Master Emerald, and Wally's gathered more than three shards.

11.png

EDIT: ...is Wally tying his beard in a knot?

Spoiler

THIS. I want them to hold the next game off for a while, at LEAST 3-4 arcs(=1 year). While I'm not that fond of Lost World, I'd be pissed if they give the same treatment as they did Unleashed.

Even if the "world-building" is over, I can't trust Archie's adaptions anymore.

• Thumbs Up 2

That site doesn't want to load correctly on my phone... Could someone please post the pages here in a spoiler box?

16 minutes ago, Toby said:

That site doesn't want to load correctly on my phone... Could someone please post the pages here in a spoiler box?

Damn it...I want to help but how do you insert images...

EDIT: OK I got it. Sorry for the trouble

Spoiler

books?id=v9g2DAAAQBAJ&pg=PP1&img=1&zoom=

books?id=v9g2DAAAQBAJ&pg=PP2&img=1&zoom=

books?id=v9g2DAAAQBAJ&pg=PP3&img=1&zoom=

books?id=v9g2DAAAQBAJ&pg=PP4&img=1&zoom=

books?id=v9g2DAAAQBAJ&pg=PA2&img=1&zoom=

books?id=v9g2DAAAQBAJ&pg=PA2-IA1&img=1&z

books?id=v9g2DAAAQBAJ&pg=PA2-IA2&img=1&z

Edited by KoDaiko
I learned something new. Hurray.
  • Thumbs Up 3

One page must've gotten removed or something because not only does a link not work but the Cacophonic Conch isn't mentioned in the pages I can see.

23 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:
  Hide contents

THIS. I want them to hold the next game off for a while, at LEAST 3-4 arcs(=1 year). While I'm not that fond of Lost World, I'd be pissed if they give the same treatment as they did Unleashed.

What...does that even mean regarding a Lost Worlds adaptation? That game is divisive at best, and I highly doubt the Archie adaptation would be anywhere near as bad as game was given all the reasons people have torn into it for.

I'd trust the Archie adaptation to be much better than what we actually got.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:
  Hide contents

That game is divisive at best, and I highly doubt the Archie adaptation would be anywhere near as bad as game was given all the reasons people have torn into it for.

Im gonna play dumb for a sec and ask your to explain some of those reasons.

7 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

One page must've gotten removed or something because not only does a link not work but the Cacophonic Conch isn't mentioned in the pages I can see.

Eggman: "For your first mission, I want you to find me one of these. I could've sworn I had one, but it's missing from my inventory. Therefore- I WANT IT."

Wendy: "I think I know where I can get one. Planning on going Zeti-hunting?"

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Click Insert Other Media, and Insert Image from URL.

Thanks, I got it. I thought I inserted an image before, but either I never did or I totally forgot. 

18 minutes ago, Toby said:

That worked! Thank you kindly! :)

13 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Sorry, I edited the link to actual images so it should be easier to see. The conch must be in the missing page, its fixed :)

13 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Hide contents

What...does that even mean regarding a Lost Worlds adaptation? That game is divisive at best, and I highly doubt the Archie adaptation would be anywhere near as bad as game was.

Much rather have it than what we actually got.

Spoiler

I meant that they may mess up the good part of the story (don't ask me where the good parts are, because I think that's subjective). I don't like Lost World much, but I am afraid Archie would make it worse somehow. Looking on the bright side, they can fix the bad part in the comic (again, subjective). Still want them to hold it off for a while.

I am still a little sour of their handling Unleashed, so I feel uncomfortable hearing "Archie Sonic" and "adaption" together for now...looking forward to getting that cured.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Hide contents

Eggman: "For your first mission, I want you to find me one of these. I could've sworn I had one, but it's missing from my inventory. Therefore- I WANT IT."

Wendy: "I think I know where I can get one. Planning on going Zeti-hunting?"

Ah, this book doesn't come with the nice pictures.

But seriously, thanks anyway.

47 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Even disregarding my disappointment (to put it lightly) with how Unleashed was handled, I still just really don't want another game adaptation after they just wrapped up a years-long saga. I'd prefer if they just act like Lost World happens off-panel at some point, and they instead do a sequel sort of thing if they want to do something with the Zeti and/or Lost Hex.

EDIT: And I say this as someone who actually liked Lost World and would enjoy seeing elements from that game appear in the comic

Edited by Mister X

51 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Im gonna play dumb for a sec and ask your to explain some of those reasons.

If I have to explain it, then I assume you haven't been paying attention to what people have been saying about it, but to point out some of the obvious ones:

Lack of other characters - this has been something that a lot of people have complained about starting back in Unleashed. Amy and Knuckles for one hardly do anything worthwhile in the game, and given the kind of threat the Deadly Six are suppose to be it would seem like neglect for characters like Team Dark or the entirety of GUN doesn't show any interest in their activities. Although one could make a cynical assumption that the entire reason they created Lost Hex was to avoid having anyone other than Sonic and Tails be involved.

The Deadly Six being 2-dimension stereotypes and not very "deadly" - this is self explanatory in itself. As bad as Worlds Unite was, one of the things I commend it for is making the Deadly Six earn the "Deadly" part in their name by being far more dangerous while retaining their general personalities. Were it not for that, I for one probably wouldn't be fond of seeing the Deadly Six at all - after what Master Zik did to Megaman, I'm a lot more interested to see them back in action against the Eggman Empire and the Freedom Fighters than I originally was.

The Sonic and Tails Argument (aka Tails's bitchfit) - again, do I really need to explain this part? This is perhaps the biggest problem out of all of them that detractors have. We have a whole topic discussing it right now.

And I'm sure there are many other problems people have with the overall story that they can explain in much better detail than I can, ranging from the rather lackluster tone and overall story tension to much more prodding complaints over the general setting of Lost Hex not being so "lost."

47 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Hide contents

I meant that they may mess up the good part of the story (don't ask me where the good parts are, because I think that's subjective). I don't like Lost World much, but I am afraid Archie would make it worse somehow. Looking on the bright side, they can fix the bad part in the comic. Still want them to hold it off for a while.

I am still a little sour of their handling Unleashed, so I feel uncomfortable hearing "Archie Sonic" and "adaption" together for now...looking forward to getting that cured.

I don't think this needs to be spoilered anymore since we're not talking about the final arc.

But considering that whatever good part of the story wasn't really all that good given how divisive it is, it's hard to see them doing anything worst. I could understand a few of the complaints for Unleashed even if I didn't agree with most of them, but Lost Worlds doesn't have that luxury given its state. It was at most Sonic and Tails fighting Eggman and the Zeti under his control, until the Zeti had the opportunity to betray Eggman which then led to Eggman joining Sonic and Tails up until the Zeti were stopped and he could take control of things.

Given what Lost World's was it's pretty hard to mess up it's story at its bare minimum unless you actually liked the parts people complained about. The one concern I can understand is it being too soon to jump to another game adaptation instead of having some breather room, bu that's about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

That is a terrible fight scene page. For something establishing the chaos going on, it's so...empty. 

• Thumbs Up 1

HOLY MOTHER OF-

...Yeah pretty much everyone called it that Wendy's the 12th boss. And she also has the Witchcarters with her.

I was suprised at two things, one was Wally finding ANOTHER Master Emerald and two is... Nepethys's face... AAAAAAAAAAH

56 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

That is a terrible fight scene page. For something establishing the chaos going on, it's so...empty. 

The fight scene will be shown in two pages, they showed half of it...

I don't think that's what she was talking about for the fight scene appearing empty...