Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Just now, QuantumEdge said:

Those pages just prove that Tyson Hesse is a star.  Is this a silent comic though, or is it yet to get the speech bubbles thrown in the mix?

Yet to be text-d. Can't wait to read the final thing!

5 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

Those pages just prove that Tyson Hesse is a star.  Is this a silent comic though, or is it yet to get the speech bubbles thrown in the mix?

It's just a textless preview. A common occurrence.

• Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

20. Standard 20 page comics. 12 pages are for ads, inside blurbs and other miscellaneous bits. 

Weren't the Worlds Unite Battle Books an extended 24 pages or so?

Oh geez. The character designs. The expressions. The environments and badniks. Even the title card throwbacks. The guys at Archie managed to push all the right buttons for me. The only thing I'd change is maybe make the colors a bit more vibrant, but despite that it still looks great.

Also super glad to see that it's getting a continuation later this year, which I really really hope leads to it becoming a regular series somewhere down the line. This stuff, I need more of it.

Haven't felt this way about something Sonic-related in years. Feels nice.

• Thumbs Up 3

IGN: This issue is a standalone one-shot, but does it feed into the events of the ongoing series in any way?

Lovallo: It will, but I can't say how at this time.

...huh. I guess it's going to connect to the main comic somehow...?

Just now, Mister X said:

...huh. I guess it's going to connect to the main comic somehow...?

Does it end with the story being revealed to be a flashback told by Sonic?  That's the first thing that came to me.

Did they announced sequel before even publishing first one? Yeah, I'll stay skeptical. Still, I'm happy this is coming. Let's just hope it's not going to be Mighty no 9 of Sonic.

6 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Did they announced sequel before even publishing first one? Yeah, I'll stay skeptical. Still, I'm happy this is coming. Let's just hope it's not going to be Mighty no 9 of Sonic.

Sonic X was originally a 4 issue mini-series before it became an ongoing series that published 40 issues. This happened before the first issue was even released.

• Thumbs Up 5

Haven't been keeping up with the main comics for a while but holy shit, the artwork in Sonic Mega Drive are just pleasure to my eyes. It's just making me so giddy just looking at these preview images!

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Sonic X was originally a 4 issue mini-series before it became an ongoing series that published 40 issues. This happened before the first issue was even released.

Archie Sonic was just supposed to be a 4 issue mini series. 

Tyson Heese's art is so great, I especially love the picture with Tails swinging on the vine, he looks so adorable. I'm glad it's getting a second issue, this is looking too good to be a one-shot.

I'm also very happy that classic Amy is in on the action, since she wasn't in the main classic games, and Tyson Heese draws her so well. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I just...

Words cannot describe how elated I am. 

After half a year of no issues, Archie is giving us two anniversary issues of nothing but Genesis-era fanservice, written by the best writer the franchise has ever had, and drawn by the guy who gave us these masterpieces:

Spoiler

tumblr_mgdviws6Ky1qgbzcro6_1280.pngemerowds_by_sparkxthehedgehog-d5em0zp.pn

Stuff is like this is what I mean when I say the Archie comic (Post-Penders, obviously) is the best thing to happen to the franchise since 3&K. And my favorite Metal Blur is coming back! (Hopefully this will be a proper return, unlike the laughable Sonic 4: Episode Metal)

Man, it's a good time to be a Sonic fan.

• Thumbs Up 6

I would kill for a Tyson Heese-drawn issue of Sonic drawn entirely in his cartoony "EMAWOOLDS" style. Or at least a series of Off-Panels.

• Thumbs Up 6

Gotta say, I was impressed by how intense these previews were.

But they say it'll get feed into the main comics. What, is it going to complete the reboot as its prequel or what? That's the only way I see it happening.

Tyson's Classic era art is TOO strong.

Have the urge now to whip out Sonic Mega collection and start playing again.

16 hours ago, Tracker said:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/06/09/new-sonic-comic-pays-tribute-to-sega-genesis-era

Ckh0xbRWsAAJsnx.jpg:large

Sonic: THE NEXT LEVEL announced. A sequel to MEGA DRIVE.

Ckh1hFRVEAQMh1y.jpg:large

14 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

smg0101jpg-c102f7_765w.jpgsmg0104jpg-da80d0_765w.jpgsmg0106jpg-c102fc_765w.jpgsmg0110jpg-c1f404_765w.jpg

I'm loving the original grass Level, Badniks, and Bosses so far.

WOAH WOAH WOAH WE'RE GETTING A SEQUEL?!

tumblr_o0ud21yGYJ1rkiqugo1_500.gif

DUDE YES

As if Sonic coming into Lego Dimensions wasn't enough for good news, we're getting more of this nostalgic stuff, drawn by Tyson Heese too!

I mean, LOOK AT THIS. The colors, the style, the zones, all of this is looking really really epic! :o

Dis gon be GOOOD.

is it just me or does that cobra mech look like a call back to E.V.E from the old issues? or i am i just reaching?

• Thumbs Up 1

I really like those new Zones. Would be neat if these were actually from the anniversary game.

Cool, got #282 in the mail today. I have to say I enjoyed it, even if the stories both felt too short. The Dark Gaia Phoenix battle didn't really feel dramatic enough because there just wasn't enough room to make it more exciting. I really like the way Jamal Peppers draws the characters, but sadly his fight scenes still come across as sort of static and lacking in energy. It didn't help that in a few of the panels, the backgrounds were really plain. But overall, still a good read.

As for the second story...man. Just Knuckles and Mighty together, being friends...it's all I need in life xD Really liking Hernandez's pencils, too.

The lack of Sonic Grams felt kind of weird. Especially since there's still fan art.

I can understand why some were dissatisfied with this issue, but I guess it doesn't take much for a Sonic comic to please me.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well we've already seen the last two pages so we know that little nugget of Wendy being the last Egg Boss.

But...how much time does Eggman get to fight Crystal Sonic, exactly?

Just now, DabigRG said:

Got Sonic Universe 86 in the mail today.

Cool. Spoilers?