Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I just realised what the FF story sounds like! Remember Sonic #275 (Worlds Unite Part 9-11 I think if I remember correctly. I can't remember the specific part) where most of it was just images of Sonic, Mega Man and the SEGA/Capcom characters fighting Sigma without any dialogue whatsoever? That's basically this issue from the sound of it.

That's not it at all. There is a ton of dialogue.

6 minutes ago, therealfalconpawnch77 said:

That's not it at all. There is a ton of dialogue.

Well that's how everyone is making it sound like, a ton of splash pages. Although I'd argue it doesn't particularly count when most of said dialogue is reexplaining previous events.

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well that's how everyone is making it sound like, a ton of splash pages. Although I'd argue it doesn't particularly count when most of said dialogue is reexplaining previous events.

There are actually no splash pages in either story.

3 minutes ago, therealfalconpawnch77 said:

There are actually no splash pages in either story.

There was a post last page that literally said there was a splash page of Sally and Sonic. 

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

There was a post last page that literally said there was a splash page of Sally and Sonic. 

I just looked through it a second ago, there are no splash pages. Every page has more than one panel on it.

On second thought, I'm done talking about the comic here.

Edited by Toby
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Assuming you meant me, I said/meant splash images: as in a large 25% of each page had its top dedicated to a large panel of them over a pseudo-stylish but bland background. I singled out the image of Sally explaining the Temples as the biggest offender since she takes up 20% of her panel, with 30% of dialogue and 50% of blank space that could've been better utilized if they used all of the first story's space better....Unless someone else meant the ending with them, Rotor, Omochao, Nicole, and Chip taking up 70% of the page.

As for the whole two story vs. one story setup, I actually like the way this issue did it since the first focuses on the Heroes as a whole while the second focuses on Eggman, who is almost completely separate in terms of his plot. Granted, you could just have it be the second half of one story, but whatever, this makes more since anyway. 

Frankly, from what I read, this is just meant to do one job: get you as hyped as possible for Panic in the Sky.  It seems to put all the chess pieces on the board, making for the sort of suspenseful set up I enjoy.  That sort of method kinda throws interesting story out the window, but at least it does its intended function well enough.

• Thumbs Up 5

Humble Bundle is giving away three GNs for free in a sampler.

-Sonic: Countdown to Chaos

-Sonic: The Chase

-Sonic Select: The Games

Found some more drawings by ABT through his instagram.

Those Super Sonic and Sally drawings look good!

There's also a pencilled page from the first part of Eggman's Dozen and the Cold Hearted story from StH.

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh yeah, one more thing about #283...

Are Archie aware they're technically using fanart and passing it off as official art? Unless they coloured in the Vanilla sketch themselves, the common art you see of her was coloured by Kojichan a long time ago, she's never had official stock art. There is that one ad card pic from Sonic X, but it's clearly not a crop of the Sonic X art.

2 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Hide contents

Oh yeah, one more thing about #283...

Are Archie aware they're technically using fanart and passing it off as official art? Unless they coloured in the Vanilla sketch themselves, the common art you see of her was coloured by Kojichan a long time ago, she's never had official stock art. There is that one ad card pic from Sonic X, but it's clearly not a crop of the Sonic X art.

Can we see it?

4 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

This snippet, sure.

74FN1Wq.png

Now, the comic used Cream's Sonic Advance 2 art so it looks very cohesive when compared (because 1. it was the Adventure/Advance style the artist was trying to emulate and 2. She was goddamn good at it), but I think the lip is a bit of a giveaway, and that doesn't change its origin (please note - it's concept art lineart that was fan-coloured, so it's not 100% fan stuff. But eh).

Also they can't spell heroes. When there's a game called Sonic Heroes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

Surprised to see that Vanilla got featured in the "Character Select" thing! Normally that's reserved for major characters for the story. But does Vanilla even do anything in this story? Sounds like she only appears for Cream to tell a story to, and then Cream leaves to Castle Acorn with Gemerl. Of freaking course they would do a typo on Cream! I swear the comics just don't want to respect Cream at all smh

It's probably the same kind of error like how Sumo used fan art of Sonia in the background for one of the SEGA All-Stars games. Shame the production artists don't catch these things, but oh well.

Also, looks like Humble Bundle is doing a Sonic comic bundle now.

Currently available:

$1 or more:

-Sonic Universe vol. 6 "Treasure Team Tango"

-Sonic #264-272, 276-279

-Sonic Universe #45, 55-58 (SASRT adaptation + "Pirate Plunder Panic")

-Sonic Boom #1-4

$9.62 or more:

-Sonic #260-263

-Sonic Universe #59-74 ("The Dark Trilogy" + "Spark of Life")

-Sonic Boom #5-7

-Sonic Universe #83-86 ("Eggman's Dozen")

-More on the way

$15 or more

-Sonic #226-229, 252-259 ("Genesis" + the beginning of the reboot era)

-Sonic #280-283

-Sonic Universe #18-20, 75, 79-82 (Parts 2-4 of "Tails Adventure"--part 1 was cut, see edit--"Fury," "The Silver Age")

-Sonic Super Digest #13-16

Most of it is new continuity stuff, with a handful of things from the old that loosely tie in. It's a pretty good deal if you're missing anything and it's all DRM-free (as Archie's titles have been lately). Little weird apparently they're only offering parts 2-4 of "Tails Adventure" but maybe that's an error? If someone gets the whole bundle, can you confirm if that's the case?

EDIT: LOL PART ONE OF TAILS ADVENTURE WAS CUT BECAUSE OF A ONE PANEL CAMEO OF MAMMOTH MOGUL

Keep in mind they are giving 252-259 away for free (Countdown to Chaos has #252-256, and The Chase has #257-259 as well as the four Sonic Comic Origins). You can get these, and Sonic Select 9 for free by scrolling to the bottom to their free comic sampler, and inputting your email.

Adding in additional arcs 

252-256: Countdown to Chaos

257: Damage Control

258-259: The Chase

264-265: Control

266-267: Ambushed

276: Cold Crush

277: Thunder, Rain, Lightning

278-279: Face of the Enemy

260-263: Waves of Change

280: Keys to Victory

281-282: Wings of Fire

283: The Mission

• Thumbs Up 1

I just flipped through Sonic Universe #17... please tell me it didn't get cut from this bundle because of a one-panel flashback with Mammoth Mogul in it.

I won't tell you that it got cut from this bundle because of a one-panel flashback with Mammoth Mogul in it.

I'll just heavily imply it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Double post, but you guys realise the humble bundle has a comic not due out until next week, right?

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Genesis Part 2?

I was thinking the same thing. Unless it's a variant?

I just realized something.

One of the very few pre-reboot arcs given away was Genesis and now this.