Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

14 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I just realized something.

One of the very few pre-reboot arcs given away was Genesis and now this.

To be fair, Genesis did also happen in this new reality; we just don't know the specific circumstances. (Flynn confirmed that there was no Operation: Clean Sweep, and the biggest aftereffect is that the Genesis Wave cost Walter his magic)

And this new issue looks interesting; maybe a one-part issue to both celebrate Sonic's birthday and provide some breather from the Shattered World Crisis?

I see Sonic from the "Mega Drive" cover in the corner box.

I also see Spaz's signature on the bottom. Logo looks like the on-going's regular logo, not either of the "Mega Drive" logos, though.

Could be a variant cover celebrating the 25th anniversary (though it's a Spaz cover, so I'm a bit doubtful that's the case), or maybe a glimpse at a new era for the book following the Shattered World saga? I have no idea what to make of this right now, but I'm definitely curious!

On 6/22/2016 at 8:45 AM, Detective Reptiles said:

Hide contents

Oh yeah, one more thing about #283...

Are Archie aware they're technically using fanart and passing it off as official art? Unless they coloured in the Vanilla sketch themselves, the common art you see of her was coloured by Kojichan a long time ago, she's never had official stock art. There is that one ad card pic from Sonic X, but it's clearly not a crop of the Sonic X art.

On 6/22/2016 at 11:31 AM, Detective Reptiles said:

This snippet, sure.

Hide contents

74FN1Wq.png

Now, the comic used Cream's Sonic Advance 2 art so it looks very cohesive when compared (because 1. it was the Adventure/Advance style the artist was trying to emulate and 2. She was goddamn good at it), but I think the lip is a bit of a giveaway, and that doesn't change its origin (please note - it's concept art lineart that was fan-coloured, so it's not 100% fan stuff. But eh).

Also they can't spell heroes. When there's a game called Sonic Heroes.

is their anyway of hunting down Kojichan now a days and informing her of this?

Not that I think its a bad thing but she should know regardless just for kicks.

It's definitely a main series issue, but I can just barely see what looks like Classic Eggman on the top-left part. My guess?

Spoiler

Perhaps it's some kind of mini-crossover with the 'Sonic Mega Drive' issues. I recall Vincent Lovallo mentioning that Mega Drive would tie-in to the main comics, but he couldn't say how at the time. Part of me kinda thinks that the 'Mega Drive' issues might be set in a seperate reality from Archie Sonic. If it is a crossover, then I suspect that the Genesis Portals could be what start the scenario. (As far as we know, the portals are still scattered across the multiverse.)

...Or I could be completely wrong, and it's just a flashback-based issue. I'll wait until more is revealed before speculating any further.

7 hours ago, Mister X said:

I was thinking the same thing. Unless it's a variant?

It might be a long shot, but seeing the little animals, lush green and blue sky makes me wonder of this is the Lost World adaption?  Probably not, considering how underwhelming that would be, so I'll go with the possibility that this could be a flashback story to Sonic's youth.

Look! More parts have been revealed!

Eeeyup it's more classic Sonic!

I have a feeling that this issue may show this panel in this tweet? (Look to the left)

EDIT: There's a small sneek peep for Panic in the Sky tho!

• Thumbs Up 8

So is this going to be a new mini series, or will it be interrupting the comic again?  Not that I'd be peeved or anything, I'm just curious.

I'd be down for a little more Genesis and if it's after Panic in the Sky it'd be sort of a perfect time to just celebrate Sonic for awhile. They could do a Universe arc that deals with the Post-Shattered World stuff in the meantime.

2 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I'd be down for a little more Genesis and if it's after Panic in the Sky it'd be sort of a perfect time to just celebrate Sonic for awhile. They could do a Universe arc that deals with the Post-Shattered World stuff in the meantime.

That's why I'd be perfectly okay with it interrupting the main saga, since there's no real saga to interrupt this time, since Panic in the Sky will tidy things up.  I mean, I never read the comics in 2011, but I can understand the frustration of having your big shocker story being blocked for four months by a miniature, temporary reboot.

• Thumbs Up 1

Would it be in-canon like the first one though? And if it is, can we expect a proper prelude to it instead of it just abruptly kicking off at the end of PitS?

Well, this new story has to either be in-universe or from an alternate timeline; Eggman established in Issue 257 that Genesis Waves are no longer possible, hence why Sonic and Mega Man couldn't use it at the end of Worlds Unite.

EDIT: We got a preview of 283:

Spoiler

Archie

Archie

Archie

Archie

Archie

I strongly request someone crop that image of Big drinking tea and add the caption "Like a Sir".

• Thumbs Up 9

15 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Well, this new story has to either be in-universe or from an alternate timeline; Eggman established in Issue 257 that Genesis Waves are no longer possible, hence why Sonic and Mega Man couldn't use it at the end of Worlds Unite.

Reveal hidden contents

Archie

Archie

Archie

Archie

Archie

I strongly request someone crop that image of Big drinking tea and add the caption "Like a Sir".

Spoiler

Anyone else noticed the Phage emotes?

• Thumbs Up 3

18 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Reveal hidden contents

Archie

Archie

Archie

Archie

Archie

Omg wut!? Is this new?

XWK7h8W.jpg

_

• Thumbs Up 2

pretty sure it showed up during the last crossover event.otherwise i think this is its first apperance outside of crossover events

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, kirby1up said:

pretty sure it showed up during the last crossover event.otherwise i think this is its first apperance outside of crossover events

Yes and yes. And I love it.

1 hour ago, Blazing Flare said:

The next target is 1700!

It's looking more and more like a variant!

I guess but it seems weird to bust out Spaz for a Variant.

46 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I guess but it seems weird to bust out Spaz for a Variant.

Yeah, agreed. I'm guessing it's Genesis 2. But one thing I just thought of. Could all this be the new game adaptation and we just don't know it yet?

So we're getting sequel Genesis around the time we're getting Mega Drive special? That would be weird.

What would it even be about? Running through Green Hills again?  Visiting zones we missed last time? Sonic 3 or CD adaptation?

I don't really follow the Archie stuff at all, but dang this is shaping up to be a nice cover. Maybe I'll buy this along with the Mega Drive one-shot when that comes out.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Terriful said:

Yeah, agreed. I'm guessing it's Genesis 2. But one thing I just thought of. Could all this be the new game adaptation and we just don't know it yet?

Considering the new game isn't set to be announced for another month, it'd be strange for them to gradually reveal its comic adaptation now.

I'll be surprised if this specific image is more than a variant. Anything else and by this point we'd be starting to see some sort of arc logo.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just kind of assumed it was a Sonic Mega Drive variant cover that'll be given away in some special way, or be exclusive to some place. Can't really imagine it being a Genesis 2, new Sonic comic line, or anything else. 

If it is revealed to be something other than a variant cover, then color me surprised.