Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I used to collect all the comics and still do to a extent. *At least milestone issues* but ive been out awhile and had a few questions

1. What happened to shard. Do you think he will be back or is he gone cause of the legal issues

2. Does archie have many more plot points to use in sonic or are they just recycling things and trying to focus on making the comics blend into the games more?

3. Is that blue animal knuckles new GF. Sorry I have no idea what she is

4. Where did shadows brother go

5. I read on tumblr though im sure it was just a fan cannon thing. They brought Madonna back in the comic but say she claims shes sonics ex. Is this true *if so nice tie in to the original sonic idea.*

Just now, Meta77 said:

I used to collect all the comics and still do to a extent. *At least milestone issues* but ive been out awhile and had a few questions

1. What happened to shard. Do you think he will be back or is he gone cause of the legal issues

2. Does archie have many more plot points to use in sonic or are they just recycling things and trying to focus on making the comics blend into the games more?

5. I read on tumblr though im sure it was just a fan cannon thing. They brought Madonna back in the comic but say she claims shes sonics ex. Is this true *if so nice tie in to the original sonic idea.*

1. Shard's gone thanks to Ken fucking Penders.

2. It's adapting Unleashed because of the fact it allows them to do quick world-building. That said, there's still original arcs, like a full story adapt of Sonic the Fighters, Ambush, Control, Shadow Fall, and more.

3. Her name is Relic, and she is not going out with Knuckles

4. Still biding his time on Mobius after his defeat in Total Eclipse

5. Madonna is back in a Comic Origins where she was interrogating Snively about his connection to Eggman, however she is not an ex of Sonic. She's currently a long time soldier working for G.U.N.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

1. Shard's gone thanks to Ken fucking Penders.

2. It's adapting Unleashed because of the fact it allows them to do quick world-building. That said, there's still original arcs, like a full story adapt of Sonic the Fighters, Ambush, Control, Shadow Fall, and more.

3. Her name is Relic, and she is not going out with Knuckles

4. Still biding his time on Mobius after his defeat in Total Eclipse

5. Madonna is back in a Comic Origins where she was interrogating Snively about his connection to Eggman, however she is not an ex of Sonic. She's currently a long time soldier working for G.U.N.

1. I am so ticked off at that. I mean I can not believe they just offed him like that :c darn you ken!

2. Cool cool

3. Ah but does she Want to go out with him haha since lara su is gone

4. Cool Cool

5. Ah than it was just a fan dreaming up that plot detail. I hope we see more of her

Thanks!

Just now, Meta77 said:

1. I am so ticked off at that. I mean I can not believe they just offed him like that :c darn you ken!

2. Cool cool

3. Ah but does she Want to go out with him haha since lara su is gone

4. Cool Cool

5. Ah than it was just a fan dreaming up that plot detail. I hope we see more of her

Thanks!

1. Shard never even existed after #252. Thanks to Penders, him, Scourge, Mina and basically all characters not SEGA, or Ian created are gone.

3. No. They're friends, and that's it. Similarly, Julie-Su doesn't exist so Knuckles hasn't had a girlfriend in this series, and Ian has confirmed Relic/Knux shares no romantic feelings. (P.S: Lara-Su is Knux's non-canon daughter)

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

1 Shard was technically wiped out by the SGW. His legal ownership was ultimately left up to (presumbably) Mr Penders because he either wrote the story the introduced Shard or established his Power Gem. So, unless you believe the theory that he was reincarnated as Gemerl, he's not coming back.

2 Yes, though there are some signs of recycling here and there, but its kind of inevitable with 20 years of continuity. So Yes to both.

3 Relic the Pika is an archeologist who got stuck on Angel Island after SA1 but was allowed to stay by Knuckles. No, she actually smacks Knuckles in the head when Rouge suggests they are shacking up.

4 Eclipse the Darkling was last seen crashed in a swamp after escaping ANgel Island on a GUN shuttle. HIs current whereabouts are unknown.

5 No. CLIP Agent Madonna Garnet was introduced questioning Dr. Julian Snively after his questionable actions in the Dark Trilogy. Any attraction/relationship to Sonic was left unmentioned. 

5 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

1. Shard never even existed after #252. Thanks to Penders, him, Scourge, Mina and basically all characters not SEGA, or Ian created are gone.

3. No. They're friends, and that's it. Similarly, Julie-Su doesn't exist so Knuckles hasn't had a girlfriend in this series, and Ian has confirmed Relic/Knux shares no romantic feelings. (P.S: Lara-Su is Knux's non-canon daughter)

1. Sweet lord I did not think it was that many characters :c

3. rofl XD i meant Julie. As laraxknux would be akward

http://eitaroo.tumblr.com/post/83672937301/no-stop-it-stop-being-cute-i-dont-want-to

just seemed close is why i wondered.

Thanks again!

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

1 Shard was technically wiped out by the SGW. His legal ownership was ultimately left up to (presumbably) Mr Penders because he either wrote the story the introduced Shard or established his Power Gem. So, unless you believe the theory that he was reincarnated as Gemerl, he's not coming back.

2 Yes, though there are some signs of recycling here and there, but its kind of inevitable with 20 years of continuity. So Yes to both.

3 Relic the Pika is an archeologist who got stuck on Angel Island after SA1 but was allowed to stay by Knuckles. No, she actually smacks Knuckles in the head when Rouge suggests they are shacking up.

4 Eclipse the Darkling was last seen crashed in a swamp after escaping ANgel Island on a GUN shuttle. HIs current whereabouts are unknown.

5 No. CLIP Agent Madonna Garnet was introduced questioning Dr. Julian Snively after his questionable actions in the Dark Trilogy. Any attraction/relationship to Sonic was left unmentioned. 

Thank you as well for #3 lol

It's going to be the bottom-most right block next, because the top-right or far left would reveal that it's either a numbered issue, or part of an arc.

4 hours ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

I didn't like the aspect of regular Silver being able to handle Enerjak's God Energy like that.

Like I said earlier, tripping a strong guy, Enerjack isn't using some power of gods, it's just chaos energy. Everyone is using it, Enerjack just has it more than others. (admittedly it brings question if you can use that trick on Perfect Chaos or any other strong stupid beast)

Enerjack didn't conquered the world by being clever, he just had unlimited power. When you're invincible you don't need to be smart, you just punch problem until it stops moving.

It made absolutely  no sense for Enerjak to keep attacking Silver that exact same way after Silver succeeded at throwing his energy at him the first time. It'd be as if the strong guy you tripped got up and kept charging the same way expecting a different result but ended up getting tripped over and over again.

Fist of all, big bully would do exactly that: try punching again.

Second of all, Enerjack attacked 3 times: first time he didn't knew, second he though "lucky shoot". Third time he used Thunder Arrows and it's clearly visible that redirecting those was much harder. But Silver was taught by the wise Moggul, while Enerjack didn't need to be skillful in years, always over powering the problem. He tried to use brute force in next panel, just before being stopped by sword.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, that's what I said. I said Silver was using the enemy's strength against himself. And I also said that the reason I hated it was because I didn't like the aspect of regular Silver being able to handle Enerjak's God Energy like that. And I also said I'd have stomached it more if he were in a Super form but as is, it felt really odd. It made absolutely  no sense for Enerjak to keep attacking Silver that exact same way after Silver succeeded at throwing his energy at him the first time. It'd be as if the strong guy you tripped got up and kept charging the same way expecting a different result but ended up getting tripped over and over again. I didn't say anything about Jani-Ca or the sword because that's not what bothered me. I felt the Silver Saga ending was what you claim the Eggman's Dozen ending is but much worse. And the Eggman's Dozen ending actually is what you claim it was, as I also stated, but I felt it was a lot less insulting since the threat felt as though it had been reasonably dealt with up to that point. At the end of the third Eggman's Dozen issue, it was very obviously Naugus' last gambit. 

I also really, really don't care if he's supposed to be smart or if he's drunk on power or not. "Supposed genius" is my personal insult towards his portrayal there. Someone who managed to take over the Earth going out in such a very odd stream of convenient events that straight up makes him look like an idiot doesn't sit right with me. I remember being actively very angry at that ending when I had first read it. Nowadays I'm just indifferent to it all. I'll probably never go back to read it again anyway and it doesn't matter because it's story is irrelevant now.

But yes, this is a consistent problem that Sonic Universe has, whether Eggman Dozen did it better or worse, it still happened in Eggman's Dozen all the same and I get why others might see it as a problem. 

Um...where exactly was this "supposed genius" portrayal? Because that's completely missing the entire point over the Enerjak persona, which that it risks the person becoming drunk on power. That by definition prevents that portrayal from being a "supposed genius" - not only that, but it was flat out stated that the only reason he managed to take over the Earth was because he was more powerful than everyone on the planet combined, not because he was a genius. You don't need to be a genius when you have the power to sink an entire continent with a wave of your hand and can beat Super Sonic in a straight up fight. 

The entire story is basically, "How would Knuckles be if he was drunk on ultimate power and no one could stop him?" He was never portrayed as a genius, but instead as a megalomaniac. Otherwise, he wouldn't keep trying the same tactics that Silver kept redirecting (nor would any other tactic work given that they all relied on either his strength or his chaos energy, both of which Silver can work around). Which is also that very core of the person we recognize under that persona - stubborn, arrogant, and simple-minded with the strength to back his words, which is the classic Knuckles's mentality that everyone is familiar with living on despite his change in demeanor.

Him being the strong guy you tripped only for them to keep charging and expecting a different result and getting tripped again is basically who Knuckles is a lot of the time, because that's how he solves a lot of his problems by punching and fighting them even in his normal form. The Chaos Powers only make it easier and gave him more diverse ways to keep punching at whatever problem he had to the point that he became bored and toyed with them. It's also the moral of that very simple-minded arrogance of himself and his power being the reason he lost to Silver, because he never once thought that someone could actually redirect his powers back nor did he have any means to counter himself. And given that Silver powers were so far unique from everyone else even to Enerjak in that he was the only one who could actually put up a decent fight, after learning he can redirect his chaos energy instead of brute forcing them, there was hardly anything Enerjak could have done to fight back at that point even if he tried throwing buildings at him instead of Chaos attacks.

• Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

The entire story is basically, "How would Knuckles be if he was drunk on ultimate power and no one could stop him?" He was never portrayed as a genius, but instead as a megalomaniac. Otherwise, he wouldn't keep trying the same tactics that Silver kept redirecting (nor would any other tactic work given that they all relied on either his strength or his chaos energy, both of which Silver can work around). Which is also that very core of the person we recognize under that persona - stubborn, arrogant, and simple-minded with the strength to back his words, which is the classic Knuckles's mentality that everyone is familiar with living on despite his change in demeanor.

Him being the strong guy you tripped only for them to keep charging and expecting a different result and getting tripped again is basically who Knuckles is a lot of the time, because that's how he solves a lot of his problems by punching and fighting them even in his normal form. The Chaos Powers only make it easier and gave him more diverse ways to keep punching at whatever problem he had to the point that he became bored and toyed with them. It's also the moral of that very simple-minded arrogance of himself and his power being the reason he lost to Silver, because he never once thought that someone could actually redirect his powers back nor did he have any means to counter himself. And given that Silver powers were so far unique from everyone else even to Enerjak in that he was the only one who could actually put up a decent fight, after learning he can redirect his chaos energy instead of brute forcing them, there was hardly anything Enerjak could have done to fight back at that point even if he tried throwing buildings at him instead of Chaos attacks.

Even then, it still doesn't make sense since even Archie!Knuckles showed when he was Enerjak in main timeline that he do rely on others thing then just "solves a lot of his problems by punching" (sending Super Sonic in other places in their fight/changing attacks from physically to chaos energy/returning attacks from enemy back to them(Eggman) and so for). Hell, even current Knuckles in comics does think in middle of battle.

1 minute ago, blade57331 said:

Even then, it still doesn't make sense since even Archie!Knuckles showed when he was Enerjak in main timeline that he do rely on others thing then just "solves a lot of his problems by punching" (sending Super Sonic in other places in their fight/changing attacks from physically to chaos energy and so for). Hell, even current Knuckles in comics does think in middle of battle.

That's kinda why Dark Mobius is an alternate timeline. Which is where stuff happens completely different.

5 hours ago, blade57331 said:

Even then, it still doesn't make sense since even Archie!Knuckles showed when he was Enerjak in main timeline that he do rely on others thing then just "solves a lot of his problems by punching" (sending Super Sonic in other places in their fight/changing attacks from physically to chaos energy/returning attacks from enemy back to them(Eggman) and so for). Hell, even current Knuckles in comics does think in middle of battle.

Well, keep in mind that Knuckles was under Finitevus's hex at the time. Whether intentionally true or not, some people compare Finitevus to Enerjak in that he relies heavily on mystically induced powers over Knuckles brute strength. And Finitevus only fought Knuckles head on when it became apparent that he couldn't reason his way into getting what he wants and lost his temper at Knuckles "foolishness." And even then, he immediately went back to using magic once he had calmed down.

So, I was always under the assumption that while not exactly mind controlled, Knuxerjak was influenced by Enerjak's mightiness and Finitevus's ideals.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Well, keep in mind that Knuckles was under Finitevus's hex at the time. Whether intentionally true or not, some people compare Finitevus to Enerjak in that he relies heavily on mystically induced powers over Knuckles brute strength. And Finitevus only fought Knuckles head on when it became apparent that he couldn't reason his way into getting what he wants and lost his temper at Knuckles "foolishness." And even then, he immediately went back to using magic once he had calmed down.

So, I was always under the assumption that while not exactly mind controlled, Knuxerjak was influenced by Enerjak's mightiness and Finitevus's ideals.

Well... of course? Enerjak for Knuckles in the main timeline was basically - going in another Super form plus sharing Finitevus's goals. But in many points, it still was Knuckles. He was showing it, whether was it the way he fought or the way he talk ("like usually your smart mouth only counts for so much, Sonic" 

Sorry to disturb the conversation, but the next universe arc will feature the Chaotix. 

• Thumbs Up 2

It's not that I don't believe you but you have any evidence to prove that? 

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

It's not that I don't believe you but you have any evidence to prove that? 

The latest Bumblekast. I'm writing up the cliffnotes on it now, but brought that over as it's a cut above trivia. 

10 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

The latest Bumblekast. I'm writing up the cliffnotes on it now, but brought that over as it's a cut above trivia. 

Has Part 2 of that episode been released yet? I wanted to listen to both in one day.

It was released half a day ago, so yeah. In fact, the Chaotix info is only in part 2, otherwise I would have said something sooner. 

2 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

It was released half a day ago, so yeah. In fact, the Chaotix info is only in part 2, otherwise I would have said something sooner. 

Excellent, thank you maam/sir!

Also in the same place; while it wasn't stated out loud, the mystery cover is pretty much confirmed to be a 25th anniversary celebration story, and it sounds like it's not really connected to comic events. When he talks about what comes after the Shattered World Crisis, Ian said there's be a short arc to take the comic to #300 "after Shattered World Crisis and the 25th anniversary celebrations". 

This also pretty much confirmed that there will be no crossover to take over the comic during its milestone this time. 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Also in the same place; while it wasn't stated out loud, the mystery cover is pretty much confirmed to be a 25th anniversary celebration story, and it sounds like it's not really connected to comic events. When he talks about what comes after the Shattered World Crisis, Ian said there's be a short arc to take the comic to #300 "after Shattered World Crisis and the 25th anniversary celebrations". 

This also pretty much confirmed that there will be no crossover to take over the comic during its milestone this time. 

Well I mean what Crossover could they possibly have done?