Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

A lot of people are sighing with relief at hearing no crossover.  As for me, I'm interested in what the Chaotix are up to.  If it's a noir parody story, then I'm completely sold.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Blazing Flare said:

Another minor detail-

s1-stages-endingimg6.png

Nice reference

• Thumbs Up 9

16 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Um...where exactly was this "supposed genius" portrayal? Because that's completely missing the entire point over the Enerjak persona, which that it risks the person becoming drunk on power. That by definition prevents that portrayal from being a "supposed genius" - not only that, but it was flat out stated that the only reason he managed to take over the Earth was because he was more powerful than everyone on the planet combined, not because he was a genius. You don't need to be a genius when you have the power to sink an entire continent with a wave of your hand and can beat Super Sonic in a straight up fight. 

The entire story is basically, "How would Knuckles be if he was drunk on ultimate power and no one could stop him?" He was never portrayed as a genius, but instead as a megalomaniac. Otherwise, he wouldn't keep trying the same tactics that Silver kept redirecting (nor would any other tactic work given that they all relied on either his strength or his chaos energy, both of which Silver can work around). Which is also that very core of the person we recognize under that persona - stubborn, arrogant, and simple-minded with the strength to back his words, which is the classic Knuckles's mentality that everyone is familiar with living on despite his change in demeanor.

Him being the strong guy you tripped only for them to keep charging and expecting a different result and getting tripped again is basically who Knuckles is a lot of the time, because that's how he solves a lot of his problems by punching and fighting them even in his normal form. The Chaos Powers only make it easier and gave him more diverse ways to keep punching at whatever problem he had to the point that he became bored and toyed with them. It's also the moral of that very simple-minded arrogance of himself and his power being the reason he lost to Silver, because he never once thought that someone could actually redirect his powers back nor did he have any means to counter himself. And given that Silver powers were so far unique from everyone else even to Enerjak in that he was the only one who could actually put up a decent fight, after learning he can redirect his chaos energy instead of brute forcing them, there was hardly anything Enerjak could have done to fight back at that point even if he tried throwing buildings at him instead of Chaos attacks.

Jesus Christ. It would seem I've found myself trapped into an argument I had no desire in starting. Alright. Well then, I suppose I'll just have to surrender myself to the prospects brought up by those who clearly enjoyed it much more than I did. I really wish I hadn't said "supposed genius" now. Often when writing a post, choosing your words carefully is quite the hassle as people are going to latch onto whatever they can that goes against what they personally perceived something to be. My perception of Enerjak is a lot different based on the stories I read about him and how his portrayal came off to me. I got that his deal was supposed to be about overwhelming power but needless to say, the whole picture regarding his mentality being that of a blithering idiot did not come across. Maybe a bit simple but not to the extent I saw in that story arc.

If you feel as though him being stupid is a defense for it then fine. I don't however. I don't buy into the defense that's asking me to ignore things I found illogical about the way the story arc concluded because it should be chocked up to simple arrogance and stupidity on his part. Even if I did buy it, I don't think I'd have found it any less disappointing. If Enerjak is truly what you say he's supposed to be then all that would say to me is that he's just a really shitty villain.

I hated it. And I still hate it. And this conversation is honestly making me hate it more, specifically because it's led to me getting a lecture. It's never a respectful conversation when someone begins a comeback with "Um..." And there was even a "It was flat out stated" in there.  And now all the stuff I said about Eggman's Dozen and Sonic Universe is getting ignored. The stuff I actually wanted to talk about. 

However, I'll concede and say that you're right and I'm wrong if that'll make you happy. I originally didn't make that post to talk specifically about that Silver arc at all. I was just giving my thoughts on SU as a whole but my opinion on that specific arc's ending seems to have upset quite a few of you.

Glad I didn't go into everything else I hated about it or we'd have been in for a ride.

16 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Like I said earlier, tripping a strong guy, Enerjack isn't using some power of gods, it's just chaos energy. Everyone is using it, Enerjack just has it more than others. (admittedly it brings question if you can use that trick on Perfect Chaos or any other strong stupid beast)

Enerjack didn't conquered the world by being clever, he just had unlimited power. When you're invincible you don't need to be smart, you just punch problem until it stops moving.

Fist of all, big bully would do exactly that: try punching again.

Second of all, Enerjack attacked 3 times: first time he didn't knew, second he though "lucky shoot". Third time he used Thunder Arrows and it's clearly visible that redirecting those was much harder. But Silver was taught by the wise Moggul, while Enerjack didn't need to be skillful in years, always over powering the problem. He tried to use brute force in next panel, just before being stopped by sword.

As explained above I really don't buy into this. I'm sorry guys but I don't. 

But again that's fine. You're right. You're both right. 

1 hour ago, Forte-Metallix said:

And we have confirmation that this is the first post-Shattered World issue!

what month is SW set to end?

3 hours ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

If you feel as though him being stupid is a defense for it then fine. I don't however. I don't buy into the defense that's asking me to ignore things I found illogical about the way the story arc concluded because it should be chocked up to simple arrogance and stupidity on his part. Even if I did buy it, I don't think I'd have found it any less disappointing. If Enerjak is truly what you say he's supposed to be then all that would say to me is that he's just a really shitty villain.

Then you're basically mocking the classic "Pride comes before a fall" premise that was presented.

And it's not him being stupid anymore than he wasn't a genius, it was him being out of options. Can't really do much to someone who uses all of your own power against you.

3 hours ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

It's never a respectful conversation when someone begins a comeback with "Um..." And there was even a "It was flat out stated" in there.  

I think that you're just getting heated out of nowhere, because nothing disrespectful had ever been said or intended.

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Then you're basically mocking the classic "Pride comes before a fall" premise that was presented.

And it's not him being stupid anymore than he wasn't a genius, it was him being out of options. Can't really do much to someone who uses all of your own power against you

The premise? No, not really. The execution, yes.

What you're describing about him sounds like he's supposed to be an idiot to me. Truthfully, I didn't expect people to zone in and latch on to that insult I gave him about being a supposed genius. Like I said, I wish I had chosen my words better because that insult wasn't supposed to imply that I thought he was actually, literally a genius.

I think that you're just getting heated out of nowhere, because nothing disrespectful had ever been said or intended.

Nope. I feel as though when people begin replies with "Um..." and even say things in a manner of talking down to you by saying something like "It was even flat out stated" then it's akin to just being like "How did you not get this you fucking idiot." It's definitely not "out of nowhere". I got the feeling that I made you all upset. That's how posts like that always come off to me at least.

But I wasn't really "heated". I figured you all were instead so I tried to quell the situation by taking in what you guys were saying and coming to the conclusion that you guys were right. Although, my saying that you were right could be taken as something passive aggressive. 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Chaotix said:

The premise? No, not really. The execution, yes.

K, fair enough.

Nope. I feel as though when people begin replies with "Um..." and even say things in a manner of talking down to you by saying something like "It was even flat out stated" then it's akin to just being like "How did you not get this you fucking idiot." It's definitely not "out of nowhere". I got the feeling that I made you all upset. That's how posts like that always come off to me at least.

But I wasn't really "heated". I figured you all were instead so I tried to quell the situation by taking in what you guys were saying and coming to the conclusion that you guys were right. Although, my saying that you were right could be taken as something passive aggressive. 

If I were actually going to talk down to you as tho you were a moron, my response would be a lot more blunt. That stuff you're talking about just sounds more like normal conversation of pointing out things that you might have missed.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I were actually going to talk down to you as tho you were a moron, my response would be a lot more blunt. That stuff you're talking about just sounds more like normal conversation of pointing out things that you might have missed.

Most people aren't blunt though. A lot of the time people use buzz words and specific phrases to get under people's skin without directly insulting them be it because they want to retain some level of decorum or to avoid getting reprimanded. Usually when I sense that there might be a more personal issue, I try to resolve it so that I don't end up stirring up heat on a forum. That stuff I'm talking about doesn't sound like normal conversation stuff to me at all and it usually never is. And it never will be while I'm at it.

If there's actually nothing wrong then I apologize for making the assumption. Someone like me whose had to get used to being spoken to a specific kind of way growing up tends to notice certain reoccurring phrases and words used to belittle another person's opinion.  

3 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

And we have confirmation that this is the first post-Shattered World issue!

So are we going to have a Origins Story/Arc for Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 1

If everything lines up right, this should be coming in November, right?

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

So are we going to have a Origins Story/Arc for Sonic?

If the mandate preventing the portrayal of classic-styled SEGA characters as their younger selves has really been lifted, then I could definitely see this as a possibility.

Ever since the start of the reboot, the "classic" characters have always been mostly shown altered, obscured, or confined to short flashbacks. Now that they no longer have to do that (and the Shattered World Crisis is ending), I could totally see them wanting to embrace it with a full-fledged story arc.

2 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

If everything lines up right, this should be coming in November, right?

It might be sooner, depending on whether Archie will continue to fast track issues' releases, but if not, then November would actually be a rather fitting time to get it on shelves.

My goodness the art for 288 is really good. I'm absolutely echoing the hope that it's an SCO for Sonic. I really wanna know who did that cover art. It's absolutely gorgeous.

If anyone's read the Eggman's Dozen art in full as of yet, I'm sorta curious if The Tails Adventure arc from SU is canon post-reboot? Even in a modified way? I can absolutely still see it fitting in with the new verse, and Kukku seems to have retained his design and his distaste for the Rouges. Also, it's bundled with a bunch of other post-reboot comics in the current Humble Sonic Comics Bundle - Archie didn't really include anything in that bundle that's not relevant to the current canon, and The Tails Adventure is the only pre-50 arc included save for Issue 45.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:40 AM, RobotnikHolmes said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Battle Lord Kukku & Abyss the Squid are best unusual teamup.

Sonic The Hedgehog #283 Review.

What's this? An actualy text review?! Don't worry, I will do a video one later. But yes, I am doing a text version,

Now as far as the story goes, It begins with both Sally and Sonic doing a LIVE streaming broadcast to all the Freedom Fighters and G.U.N. forces out there, letting them all know that they have all 7 chaos emeralds and all 7 Gaia Keys needed to save/restore the world.

They inform them that Cream, Tails and Big have traveled to The Kingdom of Acorn to keep the 14 items needed to restore safe and sercue in the kingdom's Castle Vault till needed.

And that they just need to check in with Knuckles and Amy and find out their progress on getting the shatted shards of the Master Emerald, so Angel Island does't fall into the ocean, but remains in the sky.

However what they don't know is the Tails Doll is transmitting the footage to Eggman, who has just relocated Phage from "Spark of Life" and brates her on her recent failures, however as he brates her, Orbot informs of the Footage the Tails Doll has sent. And by viewing this footage, Eggman comes up with a final plan to win out.

Overall, this was a decent Prelude issue to "Panic in the Sky", and something tells me, both Eggman and Freedom Fighters are for quite the rollar coaster ride come 287 in October.

This also was the first issue in a while that was one soild story, no second story. I guess this tells that that's how the "Panic In The Sky" Saga will be done.

Overall not a bad issue.

Sonic 283 Review.rtf

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, kadybat said:

My goodness the art for 288 is really good. I'm absolutely echoing the hope that it's an SCO for Sonic. I really wanna know who did that cover art. It's absolutely gorgeous.

If anyone's read the Eggman's Dozen art in full as of yet, I'm sorta curious if The Tails Adventure arc from SU is canon post-reboot? Even in a modified way? I can absolutely still see it fitting in with the new verse, and Kukku seems to have retained his design and his distaste for the Rouges. Also, it's bundled with a bunch of other post-reboot comics in the current Humble Sonic Comics Bundle - Archie didn't really include anything in that bundle that's not relevant to the current canon, and The Tails Adventure is the only pre-50 arc included save for Issue 45.

It's likely that Tails Adventure did happen post-reboot but I doubt it's similar to the Universe arc, maybe slightly closer to the game

• Thumbs Up 1

If they're going for an "Origin Story" I hope they'll portray Sonic and Eggman's relationship the same way it was described in the Japanese manual for the first game, that is Sonic already knowing who Eggman is, since he's stopped him time and time again before Sonic 1, with the invasion of South Island being Ivo's "Big Hit".

But who am I kidding, they won't.

• Thumbs Up 7

So it's pretty much an origins story. Interesting.

1 minute ago, Ducktor Naldush Repulsa said:

If they're going for an "Origin Story" I hope they'll portray Sonic and Eggman's relationship the same way it was described in the Japanese manual for the first game, that is Sonic already knowing who Eggman is, since he's stopped him time and time again before Sonic 1, with the invasion of South Island being Ivo's "Big Hit".

But who am I kidding, they won't.

I recall Ian saying on Twitter that Sonic 1 is when they first met in this universe.

But yeah, this looks cool! Obviously we won't get any information on where Sonic was born or what his family was like (If he even had one at that point), but we'll get to see the start of his freedom fighting career! Snively's backstory showed that he was working with Robotnik from Sonic 1-3&K, so it's likely we'll see him and other SatAM characters- maybe we'll get to see Sonic meet Chuck for the first time!

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice to see Sega's loosening the leash at last.  Not expecting anything too revealing in Sonic's past, but it should be a hoot to read.  I'm curious who'll draw it though.  Maybe Hesse once more?

• Thumbs Up 2

Incase anybody is wondering this is going to be a 4 part story arc oh man it really is Genesis part 2. 

13 minutes ago, QuantumEdge said:

Nice to see Sega's loosening the leash at last. 

I dunno honestly I expect the leash to be put back on once the anniversary is over.

Still crazy excited for this. I wonder if it's pre-Sonic 1, an Adaptation or after? Or if it'll be the whole Genesis Trilogy? Will the Freedom Fighters be in it *Ducks a Pitchfork*? I'm really excited.

• Thumbs Up 1

So this is an Origin Story huh, I can dig it. 

I wonder if its going to have any relationship to Megadrive tho

• Thumbs Up 1