Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Does anyone know what's going on with Lost Hedgehog Tales? Last I heard, part 2 was almost done... back in 2014...

Seems like Sonic has this thing about being unfinished... Scrap Brain act 3, Hidden Palace and co., Sonic CD, the Sonic 3 project, Heroes, 06, SatAM, STC being canceled, poor old Other M and co., the entire Penders situation... such cruelty against this poor series.

4 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Ben Bates did like 20 years ago. It was a scrapped season 3 idea for SatAM if I remember correctly.

Which, I probably don't, someone source that, but my brain tells me it's right

Ben Hurst. Ben Bates never worked on SatAM.

Something just occurred to me: The Next Level would have to take place after Sonic 4 in order to make sense wouldn't it (because Metal Sonic)?

11 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Ian's lowest point is, and always will be, House of Cards, and to a certain extent World's Unite (which isn't entirely his fault given he was forced to do that one).

The writing done in those arcs cannot be compared to how messed up and poorly ploted they were.

Ian Flynn wanted to do something bigger (and probably better) with House of Cards (#178-179) than what we've got. But Mike Pellerito forced him to shrink it into a two parter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ben Hurst didn't create the Holo-Lynx concept. His original Nicole concept for Season 3 was a nightmare fuel reveal that Nicole was originally a full Mobian that Eggman tricked, captured, and transferred her mind into a machine, leaving her original body as nothing more than a lifeless shell.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Does anyone have the list of rules Sega imposed on archie for the series going forward.

I know someone said no romance does this mean even sonicxamy is off limits even though the games hint at this themselves.

Actually what's funny is that for all the cry's of "IAN'S SONALLY BLARGH" there's actually been a few little Sonamy moments in the Reboot. Sonic showed a ton of concern for her when she was injured in Champions and was completely jealous when she said she was going to head off with Knuckles to search for Master Emerald Shards.

Obviously no development of any romance will happen because Characters can't be tied down but it's interesting that Ian has included just a few small nods like that.

Personally I think the only romantic interest Sonic should have is Rouge but I also don't take shippin a million percent seriously. XD

EDIT: To say Megadrive looks awesome and curse my lack of money!

I feel so irritated I'll have to wait till I get back from holiday in two weeks to read Mega Drive.  This looks like a total barnstormer.

Closer examination of the credits box reveals a convention variant is in the offing.

Anyway, love it. Random thought: do you think maybe the Sacred Gears have any relation to the Time Eater...?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Something just occurred to me: The Next Level would have to take place after Sonic 4 in order to make sense wouldn't it (because Metal Sonic)?

Are we sure Sonic 4 even happened in this continuity? I mean, given practically everything else has, I think it's safe to assume, but we really have no idea...

Wait a minute, I know who the silhouette reminds me of...

Echo_Dolphin.jpg

Plot twist; We're doing A Fish-like Mammal Called Wanda.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Wait a minute, I know who the silhouette reminds me of...

Hide contents

Echo_Dolphin.jpg

Plot twist; We're doing A Fish-like Mammal Called Wanda.

Oh goodness, you wanna talk about random....

But it does match. Wonder if it involves aliens...!

Really fucking disappointed to hear Team Dark is going to be present in Shattered.

Don't get me wrong, I like Shadow, Rouge, and Omega (Omega's personality in the Archieverse especially) but I'm so sick of them being overused in Knuckles arcs. I was excited for an arc starring Rad Red himself and seeing his interactions with Amy, something that we realistically haven't actually seen in full in any medium, because Amy's either written horribly (Sonic X), It's a different canon, with different personalities (Boom) or one of the characters is so one dimensional that they don't exist outside of Sonic (Basically, Amy's entire personality in the games where her entire motivation is nothing but SONIC SONIC SONIC). So I was actually excited for an entire arc of seeing both power characters of the series, with widely different personalities bouncing off each other.

We already know how Knuckles acts around Team Dark because we got that exactly in Total Eclipse, and other arcs. Shadow: Uneasy friendship due to both being hotheads, and not accepting help. Rouge: Flirts around, and Knuckles gives a deadpan reaction, Omega: Generally the same thing as Shadow, only more bombastic. I just don't see a reason why they need to be shoehorned in, and it comes off as Ian having fuck all hope with any characters outside of the first two games, or the three hedgehogs (Sonic, Shadow, Silver). Spark of Life needed Tails, which fair enough it was needed due to being a Archie Arc, but this has Knuckles and Amy. As in two of the most important characters of the series. As in two of the most loved characters of the series, and would very easily be able to sell issues, so exactly why the fuck do we need Shadow doing his brooding act, Rouge doing her flirting act, and Omega running around shouting about blowing up woodland creatures in an arc that was advertised and set up entirely as a Knuckles/Amy team-up arc.

Also, I bet the person hiring the Chaotix is Rouge.

I MEAN AFTER ALL, WE ALL KNOW THE CHAOTIX COULDN'T HOLD A STORY THEMSELVES WHEN KNUCKLES AND AMY APPARENTLY CAN'T.

• Thumbs Up 7

When I here the word fodder, whether it be cannon or bantha, I get the vibe that theyre there to back up Knuckles and Amy. I hope they don't detract too much from Knuckles and Amy's teamup. 

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, I wouldn't mind a Universe arc that just about Knuckles.

17 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I MEAN AFTER ALL, WE ALL KNOW THE CHAOTIX COULDN'T HOLD A STORY THEMSELVES WHEN KNUCKLES AND AMY APPARENTLY CAN'T.

SU46

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Really fucking disappointed to hear Team Dark is going to be present in Shattered.

Don't get me wrong, I like Shadow, Rouge, and Omega (Omega's personality in the Archieverse especially) but I'm so sick of them being overused in Knuckles arcs. I was excited for an arc starring Rad Red himself and seeing his interactions with Amy, something that we realistically haven't actually seen in full in any medium, because Amy's either written horribly (Sonic X), It's a different canon, with different personalities (Boom) or one of the characters is so one dimensional that they don't exist outside of Sonic (Basically, Amy's entire personality in the games where her entire motivation is nothing but SONIC SONIC SONIC). So I was actually excited for an entire arc of seeing both power characters of the series, with widely different personalities bouncing off each other.

We already know how Knuckles acts around Team Dark because we got that exactly in Total Eclipse, and other arcs. Shadow: Uneasy friendship due to both being hotheads, and not accepting help. Rouge: Flirts around, and Knuckles gives a deadpan reaction, Omega: Generally the same thing as Shadow, only more bombastic. I just don't see a reason why they need to be shoehorned in, and it comes off as Ian having fuck all hope with any characters outside of the first two games, or the three hedgehogs (Sonic, Shadow, Silver). Spark of Life needed Tails, which fair enough it was needed due to being a Archie Arc, but this has Knuckles and Amy. As in two of the most important characters of the series. As in two of the most loved characters of the series, and would very easily be able to sell issues, so exactly why the fuck do we need Shadow doing his brooding act, Rouge doing her flirting act, and Omega running around shouting about blowing up woodland creatures in an arc that was advertised and set up entirely as a Knuckles/Amy team-up arc.

"Overused in Knuckles arcs"? They've only been in two. And Knuckles and Amy are the real stars in Shattered; Team Dark are just supporting characters. Also, we've known they'd be in this arc for months.

And Detective Reptiles has pretty much figured out who the client is; that silhouette is noticeably lacking Rouge's ears, and since when did Rouge have a spike coming out of her head?

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

giphy.gif

I know how you feel, man. Knuckles & Amy have had some of their best writing in years with the post-SGW comics, and I was so excited to see the two of them in an arc together. But no, we got to have Team Dark shoe-horned into another arc because "reasons." I was really looking forward to getting an arc starring two of my favorite characters, and while I'm hoping Team Dark isn't going to take up too much spotlight (Ian did say they were fodder), this arc did not need them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, just had another thought.

This is totally guesswork, but what if the Chaotix arc is where Abyss' raid plan from Eggman's Dozen comes in, if it's revolved around the Meropis follies? I know, Abyss is Southern, and Meropis seems to be Northern, but Razor is implied to have hailed from the Southern oceans so there's already a good link there, and a greedy pirate would be a great foil in this scenario.

3 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

"Overused in Knuckles arcs"? They've only been in two. And Knuckles and Amy are the real stars in Shattered; Team Dark are just supporting characters. Also, we've known they'd be in this arc for months.

And Detective Reptiles has pretty much figured out who the client is; that silhouette is noticeably lacking Rouge's ears, and since when did Rouge have a spike coming out of her head?

1. That's still multiple arcs in a row, when a lot of screentime was taken away from Knuckles. I'd even argue one of the main Knux arcs was dedicated more to Shadow due to the entire thing having his new arch-enemy, and focusing more on their attempts to take the Master Emerald without Knux's permission. 

2. The client thing was a joke. An obvious joke because of the fact apparently two of the main cast isn't enough to uphold an arc and sell copies so Team Dark has to be shoehorned in again.

3. I don't even know why Team Dark fans would defend this, considering Ian pretty much confirmed they're there to be there.

4. We've known they were going to be in it, but from what it seemed, it only looked like a single issue they would be present, which would make sense if Amy/Knuckles was going around the world collecting shards. Kind of like how Scrambled had multiple characters for only one issue due to it being a globe-trotting hunt for Snively. This flat out confirms they'll be present for the full arc, once again.

3 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

"Overused in Knuckles arcs"? They've only been in two. 

Plus, "Total Eclipse" was more of a crossover of the two previous arcs than a full package Knuckles arc that Team Dark just waltzed into, anyway. If anything, it had a bit more to do with Team Dark since Eclipse himself was their previous antagonist.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Actually what's funny is that for all the cry's of "IAN'S SONALLY BLARGH" there's actually been a few little Sonamy moments in the Reboot. Sonic showed a ton of concern for her when she was injured in Champions and was completely jealous when she said she was going to head off with Knuckles to search for Master Emerald Shards.

Obviously no development of any romance will happen because Characters can't be tied down but it's interesting that Ian has included just a few small nods like that.

Personally I think the only romantic interest Sonic should have is Rouge but I also don't take shippin a million percent seriously. XD

EDIT: To say Megadrive looks awesome and curse my lack of money!

Lol sonicxrouge? where did that come from. Sonic for me is either sonicxamy, sonicxsarah, or sonicxsally but I considered the last over with way way back when she slapped the spit out his mouth when he choose to focus on the people saving more than her.

MD does look nice.