Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

51 minutes ago, Komaru Naegi said:

What I'm looking forward to the most is Ian giving some more context and some back story to Lost Hex, something that was needed in the games since I think he's good at that sort of stuff. I have a question about when they reference past events though because of this new continuity.

When they reference events from games like Sonic Adventure is it those exact same moments from the games? or the events of Archie's own canon and their Sonic Adventure adaption way back when? I can't tell if this is a soft reboot or a hard reboot.

Lost Hex? I wouldn't hold my breath, I'm not sure Flynn can give those answers.

If I read the signs properly, right after Shattered World thing, all your questions about previous games will be answered. For now assume that everything happened like in games, with lot of extra things happening "around" the main story (say FF fought Black Arms during "Shadow the hedgehog", but they probably didn't had much impact).

• Thumbs Up 4

Just read universe #87

I like Nixus's design. I almost wish he was his own character

3 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Just read universe #87

I like Nixus's design. I almost wish he was his own character

Same here. Though I have an idea of how he could, I think Ian's gonna go the old school method of a one-scene-wonder(well, one-half of a four part arc but still).

Since we have some time to kill before issue comes out, I took time to re-read Worlds Collide. With exception of one plothole I get now, it didn't got much better. In fact it make me question one think: do we needed all that exposition at the start?

We all know that Flynn usually avoids plot twists.There is no need to pretend Chip isn't a spirit-god-thing, everyone played the game. But Collide was a fresh story. Couldn't it just start with Protoman meeting Roboticized masters? Couldn't we learn everything with heroes as story goes, instead? Yeah , name "roboticized masters" gives us pretty good idea what's going on, but wouldn't basic mystery be better than lack of it? Flynn could even hide that WC is cannon to other stories. We would think it's another of those "Another place, another time" stories, and when Shadow makes chaos control at lest few of us would get a surprise.

What you guys think? Am I onto something or is it my disdain for WC speaking.

(Also, pretty much every fight in act 2 is won by Megaman using new weapon he got)

Nah, I think Worlds Collide is great, a little slow in the middle, but great

WC is the first one right? I enjoyed WC when it came out and still do, but now that the magic kind of wore off I remembered the "eeeeh" feelings I had about some of the parts. Like pacing, throwing in stuff to buy pages (Wily and Eggman having a lot of pages talking, Sonic and Megaman's fight not being much exciting, Sonic's friends being roboticized but easy to rescue, a bunch of Robot masters revived including the 9th bots for some reason) that's not really necessary to the plot, one I remember bothering me was Megaman being slightly cocky (when Protoman said be careful, he answer "eh, I've had worse. I fought aliens before ya kno?"), etc. 

Mostly the set-up was annoying. They could've just jumped into action and did everything in very short flashbacks or captions/dialogue. It's right after the wave so they're thrown into temporary different universe (Sonic's side seem to lack everything related to the FF, and I can't imagine the current Protoman and Megaman becoming like that) so they could've went wild and more fun.

So, remember that art book we were supposed get a while back but just sorta disappeared?

Archie just low-key implied that it's still coming.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also Mega Drive sold out. Which means second print variant. Hey my wish came true!

• Thumbs Up 5

At this point, if Archie and Sega don't get the picture that making it an ongoing would be a financially lucrative and wonderfully fun venture, I don't know what hell will.  We're reaching the point where the obvious decision is metaphorically dancing naked in front of them to grab their attention.

1 minute ago, QuantumEdge said:

At this point, if Archie and Sega don't get the picture that making it an ongoing would be a financially lucrative and wonderfully fun venture, I don't know what hell will.  We're reaching the point where the obvious decision is metaphorically dancing naked in front of them to grab their attention.

Im not sure poor Ian could handle managing three Sonic books 

1 minute ago, Soniman said:

Im not sure poor Ian could handle managing three Sonic books 

He did it just fine when he wrote for the main comic, Universe, the Boom comic AND the Mega Man comic. 

I'm sure Ian can handle it just fine.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Kabalni said:

He did it just fine when he wrote for the main comic, Universe, the Boom comic AND the Mega Man comic. 

Haha oh yeah those books did exist didn't they?

Sighhhh I miss Mega Man 

• Thumbs Up 5

9 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Haha oh yeah those books did exist didn't they?

Sighhhh I miss Mega Man 

Don't forget he was also writing New Crusaders as well. So he was writing 4 books at once.

2 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Don't forget he was also writing New Crusaders as well. So he was writing 4 books at once.

5, if we count the Young Salem miniseries.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

5, if we count the Young Salem miniseries.

Young Salem came out at the same time Sonic Universe just started so that would mean he's written 3 books at a time.

4 hours ago, Kabalni said:

Does he really need to be the one to write it? We also have Aleah Baker, Tracy Yardley, Evan Stanley, Eric Esquevez, Matt Herms,etc. Them names ring a bell?

Ian said he could write up to...I think 6 books simultaneously before starting to feel worn out. The guy loves what he does.

• Thumbs Up 6

Wow, Ian's gotta write for a bunch of comics while (if the rumor is correct) working for some Boom episodes? That's a lot of work. 

6 hours ago, Tracker said:

Sonic_Mega_Drive_1_2nd_Printing

Mega Drive completely sold out at Diamond Comics Distributors, so it's getting a second print run with a new cover.

...maybe it will be getting a series then. 

Long as they kept the story like this one than i would back this series over the current one :)

3 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

Wow, Ian's gotta write for a bunch of comics while (if the rumor is correct) working for some Boom episodes? That's a lot of work. 

Wuuuuut?

I honestly wonder how well an ongoing Mega Drive comic would go. I mean, the hype for the first issue has been some of the biggest I've seen an Archie comic get in years, but I wonder if it would maintain a consistent readership or if sales numbers would drop significantly after the novelty wore off.

14 hours ago, Soniman said:

Nah, I think Worlds Collide is great, a little slow in the middle, but great

Worlds Collide was the crossover I dreamed about with Sonic and Mega Man. It really does show that Sonic and Mega Man have way better chemistry for crossover material than say a certain fat plumber who's only comparisons are...they're both platformers. I always read a random issue now and again of it, damn shame about World's Unite being pretty bad looks like no one wanted to even work on it.

• Thumbs Up 1