Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I think you guys are reading a bit too much into it. That's nowhere near true objectification. It's barely even fanservice.

Objectification or fanservice, makes no difference to me. It's just not the Sal I like to see. She doesn't need to be fanservice. And do the fans really long to see busty chipirrel boobies? Is that really what the comic needs to resort to to keep the attention of it's readers? XD

Guess so, cuz the story was kinda lame.

• Thumbs Up 1

Objectification or fanservice, makes no difference to me. It's just not the Sal I like to see. She doesn't need to be fanservice. And do the fans really long to see busty chipirrel boobies? Is that really what the comic needs to resort to to keep the attention of it's readers? XD

Guess so, cuz the story was kinda lame.

Meh. Its all filler saga until eggman gets off his duff and makes his grand return.

I just want to know what that weird super-emerald sized Jewel was. Sonic clearly said it wasn't a chaos emerald. so what the hell was it?

Also read the new SU. allot of throwbacks to "tails adventure" for the GG and the special archie did for it.

Edited by goku262002

I think ya'll are overeacting to this. Plus I like Sally with a little boobage! ;)

Anyway I never thought in this issue that Sally was objectified or lost any of her sassy, smart or leadership traits. They were all still there, hell, even whilst she is captured she is using her brain and getting her dopey captiver to blurt out details about the DEL recruiting.

I still don't like this issues style of Sally though, and I despise Tracey Yardley's "dudesal" in which he makes Sally look like a guy with huge eyebrows.

To me the perfect Sally looks like the one from the covers of such issues as #99, #123, basically circa 75 - 130 ish era.....I also highly enjoy Renae Deliz's portrayal of Sally from #198, that was cool.

I think Sally should look attractive (afterall there has to be a reason why Sonic goes for her) but still smart and resourceful, diplomatic and a leader, and the looks don't have to be sacrificed for the personality of vice versa.

I do miss those covers of old though. *Looks at current covers and sighs*

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 3

Yeah, she did received some increase in hips and bust. More or less either fanservice or just some wrong proportions in body art. But it isn't too bad.

Well, Fumu had it worst.

What did I just see? THAT's a Kirby show? :blink:

*tries to wash eyes but it doesn't work*

Honestly Butler's style of drawing Sally was WAY more overly sexualized right after the SEGA-Sonic characters got their makeovers in the 70's, just check out 72 and 73 for best examples.

Small update on the Penders situation, but according to Mike Pellerito (managing editor of Archie Comics and editor of the Sonic books), Penders' claims are "completely false" and that Archie's going to respond through the proper legal channels.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/ex-sonic-writer-claims-rights-to-his-stories-character/#more-49482

Good news. I'm honestly not surprised; all those characters, no matter who created them, belong to Archie or SEGA, and Penders has absolutely no chance of ever owning any of them.

• Sonic News

I was really happy with Sal's design after the haircut... she looked like the original character she used to be but with more detail refinement. 214 had her back in busty, curvy, thick thigh glory. Why..? What's the point?

Oh yeah. She's cozying up to Sonic again.

Uh...no? It's just a different artist; Steven Butler has always given Sally more "human" proportions. It's part of his art style. He's been moving closer to Yardley, but he's not there yet.

And Sally was still the though feisty Princess we know. She just isn't a super hero.

And I'd Sal was 50/50 in damsel and tough female role model story wise. Thinking of this as two parts (213, 214), Sally was the first to figure out where the DEL was hiding and was then ambushed and had the smarts to realise she'd be better off as a hostage since she was way in over her head. Then she has Drago spill the beans for later and finally is quick to stop a war breaking out between two nations by coming out with a speech faster than Sonic himself could have.

Exactly, yeah. This isn't the first time Sally's played "Damsel in Distress", but even so she was basically playing Drago like a fiddle the whole time getting him to spill information. It's not like she was being some useless dumb-as-a-stump princess like Princess Peach.

Though I am NOT a fan of the whole "tying her to a post" thing, but that was done out of convenience for the plot. The black Onyx was a major plot point, and Sally was put right under it for Drago to point at. There where better ways to do it, but it's a far cry from "objectifying" her, something that honestly didn't come to mind when I read it.

And admittedly, if it had, it would have creeped me out a little...

It's reasons like these that I prefer Tracy, though.

Oh look it's Cream.

As much as I'm thrilled Penders will lose his case, I wish he could've at least taken Geff. S. John with him. Seriously I don't see a point to him now that he's out of the Sonic-Sally love triangle.

Yeah, Cream FINALLY showing up in the regular comics. Only took seven years. And when the hell is Black Doom getting his sorry ass out of some war to come and do something important?

Though I have to say that Universe cover is... Uhmn... "Unique".Everyone but Blaze and possibly Sonic look awkward.

Though apparently a team of Amy, Blaze, Rouge, and Cream equals Team Tango. Tango... What is this issue about? Another Sonic girl squad like that one when the nanos were introduced? Or coincidence? Are they going off to tango? I don't know, guess we'll see and surely Cream will be introduced in the main series comic before Universe... Wait oooohhhh that must be the new friend Bunnie meets in that upcoming comic arch. I get it since she's a rabbit.

Flynn should just recreate the first boss battle from Sonic Advance 2. That'd be a good way to quickly inject Cream into the comic, and also usher Eggman back into the story as the villian.

I love the cover of issue 219. The cover of Universe #21 makes me LOL, and it looks interesting. Can't wait to read both. :)

I agree entirely with Sonic's sentiments on the cover of SU #21. *GAG* indeed. Eww.

#219 of the main comic looks... interesting. It'll probably bore me to tears though. Chalk me up as another one who really doesn't care for Geoffrey St John.

That SU cover was awful, I don't know what made me zoom the picture but I know I will not be able to sleep tonight. D:

219 looks like something I will not care about. :P

Yeah, #21's cover is pretty gag worthy.

Well, with Cream coming into the picture, as I said before, she is my least favorite char due to uninteresting personality, and hardly does anything in the games or being hardly used in the games at all. If Archie does give her more char development then good for them. Though undoubtedly, or rather hopefully, she will probably be underused or marked as a minor char that appears infrequently esp. in the main series. Well, she'll probably have her own SU series where she is main char.

If she is going to appear in the main series, there are a couple of things I don't want to see happening. Though I doubt Archie would do any of these things, but here's hoping that they don't take these routes. First, being that her back story would be she is somehow Bunnies relative. It is something that seems really unfitting, and I find it hard to believe that Bunnie can be anyway, shape or form is related to Cream and Vanilla, IMO. Second, she used to create more romance subplots or form more love triangles i.e. becoming Tails 'rebound' from the whole Fiona betrayal incident which have a very low chance of happening anyway. Many of us were sick and tired of the whole Sonic relationships forming as part of the plot in those previous love triangle developing issues, and doubt want to have romance drama covering most of the main plot esp. when its tails in the middle. Also, it will definitely be pleasing the CreamxTails shipping crowd, and it'll be only for (sub)plot device or convenience. Not to mention that both are too young for this sort of relationship thing anyways.

I'm still interested to see if she'll be in the next Moebius arc, just to see what her anti-form is like.

Edited by AdventChild

I guess I'm alone in thinking that cover isn't too bad? It's cool if they wanna do a girl's night out kinda arc, but if they form some super femme squad it'll be lame. FFX2 was not a good idea then and it's not a good idea now. I feel like Flynn will handle it more tastefully than that though.

Also, it will definitely be pleasing the Crails shipping crowd, and it'll be only for (sub)plot device or convenience.

I've never heard this ship referred to as Crails. It sounds like a monster from the sea floor. ARRR MAN THE BOW THERE BE THE CRAILS~

Edited by Dabnikz

Tails is 11 or 12 and Cream is, what, 6? I doubt they'll be paired in any way =P Tails might end up befriending her and spending time with her as he's still, frustratingly, considered "the young one" and judged on that alone. But Tails x Cream? Hahaha no.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still interested to see if she'll be in the next Moebius arc, just to see what her anti-form is like.

Cream is a chao-like creature, and Cheese is a Chaos0-like monster.

I think that would fit. :unsure:

• Thumbs Up 1

StH looks great. Glad to see we'll probably be delving more into Elias and Max's relationship. I've been looking forward to that. As for Geoffery...well, Ian's found ways to make characters I previously hated enjoyable, so I'm sure he can do the same for ol' Stinky.

Sonic Universe...eh, I echo Sonic's expression. Amy and Cream make me want to punch a kitten, but hopefully Rouge and Blaze make up for it.

Wheres Shadow man? The reason I stop reading the comics is because he never plays important parts in the story like Tails and Knuckles do and and shows up about every rare occasion.

• Bad Quality Post 3