Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

So is it true that Shard is not Gmerl. Will we get another ship with Nicole or is it against segas rules to have anyone as a couple in this universe?

14 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

So is it true that Shard is not Gmerl. Will we get another ship with Nicole or is it against segas rules to have anyone as a couple in this universe?

I think mandate only restrict Game characters. I'm sure Ian and Archie is free to ship all the non-game characters they want...I mean, there is a couple (Bunnie and Antoine, weren't they married?) already in the comic.

1 hour ago, KoDaiko said:

I think mandate only restrict Game characters. I'm sure Ian and Archie is free to ship all the non-game characters they want...I mean, there is a couple (Bunnie and Antoine, weren't they married?) already in the comic.

Than darn Gmerl for being a game character lol.

6 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Basic rule of thumb: if Big the Cat of all characters can be made from an obscure side-character to one of the main-line Freedom Fighters, there is no stopping any other character from having a place. ;)

Personally, I hope Big "retires" from the team once the Shattered World Crisis is over. I honestly hate what Ian's done with him. Big likes the simple life of fishing and hanging out with Froggy in the jungle. Seeing him as part of an organized freedom fighting movement spanning the globe just feels...weird to me. He just doesn't feel like he belongs with them. Ian had the perfect chance to reset the status quo with Big when the book got rebooted, and he went and made him part of the Freedom Fighters again. Bleh.

Of course, I'm also not a fan of how he turned Rotor from a mild-mannered nerdy handyman into a brash, tough-talking brusier. I mean, there's character development, and then there's completely changing a character's personality. But I digress...

7 hours ago, Meta77 said:

So is it true that Shard is not Gemerl. Will we get another ship with Nicole or is it against segas rules to have anyone as a couple in this universe?

I think Nicole will stay single and I'm perfectly fine with that.

One, there is already Nicole/Shard fandom, why annoy them with replacement ? Two, ship her with whom? Nicole is a strange creature: computer so she can't be with meatbag (I know, Metal/Breezie, but this is more of a ship tease), but very mobian looking, so shipping her with Gemerl or Omega would be weird. So who's left, Scratch and Grounder?

Sorry for double posting, but theory struck me and I want to check it.

Scourge the evil Sonic. Some people love him, some hate him. But: when did you jumped into a comic? Did you read it since you remember, alongside games? Or were you fans of games first and then you checked the comic.

Answer this first before reading further, but I have a theory that

Spoiler

There are  "recolors" like Zoom to Flash or Luigi that get much less hate. Why? Because they were always there and are "tradition" at this point. No one questions their existence. So if you you read comic since you were a kid "evil sonic" is a concept that doesn't annoy you. But if you played the games first, you see Scourge just as a green Sonic.

36 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Sorry for double posting, but theory struck me and I want to check it.

Scourge the evil Sonic. Some people love him, some hate him. But: when did you jumped into a comic? Did you read it since you remember, alongside games? Or were you fans of games first and then you checked the comic.

Answer this first before reading further, but I have a theory that

Hide contents

There are  "recolors" like Zoom to Flash or Luigi that get much less hate. Why? Because they were always there and are "tradition" at this point. No one questions their existence. So if you you read comic since you were a kid "evil sonic" is a concept that doesn't annoy you. But if you played the games first, you see Scourge just as a green Sonic.

Oh and shadow doesn't count? 

"Fine... Shadow, you can be in the Evil Sonic Clone Club, too."

"Hey! I'm not a clone! And I'm not evil! And I'm not Sonic!"

"Anything else?"

"Well, if I'm being honest, I'm not big about clubs, either."

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I think Nicole will stay single and I'm perfectly fine with that.

One, there is already Nicole/Shard fandom, why annoy them with replacement ? Two, ship her with whom? Nicole is a strange creature: computer so she can't be with meatbag (I know, Metal/Breezie, but this is more of a ship tease), but very mobian looking, so shipping her with Gemerl or Omega would be weird. So who's left, Scratch and Grounder?

Sally

Spoiler

also Nicole/Shard is a terrible ship

8 minutes ago, Sean said:

Sally

Hide contents

I refuse to indulge in shipwars so I'll just say I...  respectfully believe otherwise and find it pretty ace ?????

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Sean said:

Sally

Reveal hidden contents

First thing  we both know not gonna happen

Second thing is your opinion, but can I ask why?

Because they have no significant screen time with each other aside from SU #50 and I can't force myself to care about a couple that pops the fuck up out of nowhere and ends just as suddenly.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just looked at the preview and I don't know if it's just me or is it pretty obvious to everyone here that Nixus is.....

Spoiler

Actually just Nagus in disguise trying to fool Knuckles and Shadow?

12 minutes ago, LargoDELLZ said:

Just looked at the preview and I don't know if it's just me or is it pretty obvious to everyone here that Nixus is.....

Reveal hidden contents

Actually just Nagus in disguise trying to fool Knuckles and Shadow?

Oh, it's not just you; literally everyone figured it out within moments of looking at him. It's not even spoilers by this point. 

11 minutes ago, horridus said:

Oh, it's not just you; literally everyone figured it out within moments of looking at him. It's not even spoilers by this point. 

Before Shattered Part 3 was even solicited, no less.

Also, am I the only one who looks at Nixus's hands and thinks of that one Bearenger design?

So rouge has dreams about hentai emeralds? Also yea its a dead giveaway who it is. I just wonder what the secret project ians working on.

Alright, I just read Issue 284 and I have to say THIS is an excellent issue if you love the villains of this comic.

I remember saying how much I enjoyed last issue but had a fear that it was going to turn out to be one of those situations where Eggman has retaliations set up but the heroes just kind of, knock them over like chess pieces that were in the way or something. Turns out I was wrong and I've never been so happy to be wrong before.

Instantly, I immediately just wanted to see the heroes get wrecked, specifically because of Sonic's arrogance skyrocketing past the limit of what I'm usually comfortable with for me. He's been a lot better since the reboot but when you're starting the set up for a party before you've even begun the winning operation, I'm just gonna be like "Somebody kick this fucker in the ass for me." I'm glad it didn't turn out to be another Colors situation where he's just mouthing off about how easy all this shit is to him.

When they finally did get the kick in the pants, it came in wave after wave and it was impressive how quickly excited I was about the whole thing. This is the kind of thing that a story situation with a lot of characters both good and bad should be able to juggle comfortably for the sake of getting a good performance out of them all. It's like night and day between something like this and Generations where everyone's standing at attention in the white void.

Sonic wasn't the only tick I had at the back of my mind here though. Sally kind of made me go "Wait, WHAT THE FUCK?!" when she seriously suggested that Chip stay with her after she said that Chip was the one that Eggman was most likely after. Wh-Wha-? What? Why the hell did you think that was a good idea? YOU?! I wouldn't trust you to guard a box of Welches fruit snacks, much less the demi-god that resides within our planet. And it worked out just as well as I thought it would too. Even if Chip didn't leave the cell, they would have just blown it apart.

I DID really like the scene with the King though. The Hooligans just ride up to him and he's got this Tea-Set up and then immediately after he gets up with a sword and shield, ready to go engage in an epic kerfuffle with them. That scene felt like one of the most anime things I've seen from this book. Like someone just said, "This guy's British. What are really British-y things? Get me a list of those and just slop that shit all over the table he's sitting in... and then make him fight!" Oh twas a badass affair too. I think I may actually like the guy now. 

In the end, I'm just really amused by how quickly all that went down the drain. I love Eggman in this comic so much. He's so great.

• Thumbs Up 2

Is it me,

Spoiler

or during the conversation between Nixus and Knuckles, could Knuckles not say the word Echidna? For some reason it felt like the sentences were avoiding that word.

Is it me,

Spoiler

or during the conversation between Nixus and Knuckles, could Knuckles not say the word Echidna? For some reason it felt like the sentences were avoiding that word.

Something to bring up with Flynn on twitter I assume.

One thing struck me weird about this preview. Knuckles said "I don't know how I would up looking after Master Emerald myself"

So this is official? Knuckles just woke up one day with terrible hangover and ME next to him, possible with note "please take care of me"? I know that Knuckles doesn't know details about his job, but I always assumed his dad/spirit/anybody gave him some primal directions. How he even knows Master Emerald's name?

4 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Is it me,

Reveal hidden contents

Come, it's not like this word wasn't used in a previous issues (checks)....dang.

• Thumbs Up 1