Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Tails is 11 or 12 and Cream is, what, 6? I doubt they'll be paired in any way =P Tails might end up befriending her and spending time with her as he's still, frustratingly, considered "the young one" and judged on that alone. But Tails x Cream? Hahaha no.

Eh, well, even if it is an alternate future/universe, if they can make TailsxMina happen, then anythings possible if Archie wills it. Though they could age Cream like what they did with Amy, but that's just their own explanation about Amy's look in the Sonic games and make it up to date. Yeah, probably not going to happen.

Edited by AdventChild

I don't think the cover is all bad. For me it's whats on the inside that counts....But man I never thought Cream would show up in Archie...WHHYYYYYYYYYY??!?!!!

New Sonic Universe Story Arc surprised me in a good way. Still something is wrong here. Anouncing issues in the end of 2009, Ian promised that third arc of this year will be devoted to Knuckles. However we see ultimately different storyline. Not seing Knucky this autumn makes me sad, but i hope reading Amy's, Rouge's, Blaze's and Cream's team storyline will be interesting and pleasant. INDEED IT IS A DREAM TEAM.

New Sonic Universe Story Arc surprised me in a good way. Still something is wrong here. Anouncing issues in the end of 2009, Ian promised that third arc of this year will be devoted to Knuckles. However we see ultimately different storyline. Not seing Knucky this autumn makes me sad, but i hope reading Amy's, Rouge's, Blaze's and Cream's team storyline will be interesting and pleasant. INDEED IT IS A DREAM TEAM.

Also keep in mind that Ian said that not everything on his list of teasers was set in-stone, so he never really "promised" anything.

Uh... We already HAD a Knuckles arc, so I don't know what you guys are getting at. And it was in fact the third arc. Shadow had a four-part story at the beginning of Sonic Universe. Then it was Mobius: XX Years Later. After that, we had a Knuckles arc (the "third arc" of Sonic Universe), followed by the "Journey to the East." Now we're on Tails' arc, and this is the next one, the sixth one, featuring the debut of Cream, as well as returns by both Rouge and Blaze (both of whom last appeared in the Shadow arc).

Ian held up his promise of bringing in a Knuckles arc, you guys just missed it. Its quite also likely that what Ian Flynn said was misinterpreted, considering the fact that Knuckles had an arc not long ago, and it was the THIRD ARC OF SONIC UNIVERSE.

I'd actually like to see a Chaotix arc, and I mean the SEGA Chaotix being detectives. Off the top of my head, maybe for some reason Vector, Espio and Charmy become stranded alone from everyone else which naturally is a mystery to them all, to get home they need to do some detective work to figure out where they are, why they are there and how to get home.

A temporary 'Chaotix Detective Agency' arc :P

Uh... We already HAD a Knuckles arc, so I don't know what you guys are getting at. And it was in fact the third arc. Shadow had a four-part story at the beginning of Sonic Universe. Then it was Mobius: XX Years Later. After that, we had a Knuckles arc (the "third arc" of Sonic Universe), followed by the "Journey to the East." Now we're on Tails' arc, and this is the next one, the sixth one, featuring the debut of Cream, as well as returns by both Rouge and Blaze (both of whom last appeared in the Shadow arc).

Ian held up his promise of bringing in a Knuckles arc, you guys just missed it. Its quite also likely that what Ian Flynn said was misinterpreted, considering the fact that Knuckles had an arc not long ago, and it was the THIRD ARC OF SONIC UNIVERSE.

We did not "miss" anything. When Ian posted some teasers for 2010, he said that there might be a second Knuckles arc this year, and that he would try to do a Knuckles arc every year. So please don't automatically assume stuff like that, 'kay?

Edited by Immortheus

^ Note the "might." He didn't say there WOULD be, he said "might."

Plus, I don't think he should focus on one side character with an entire arc every single year; I think it should be going just as it is--rotating a group of characters in every time. I'd honestly like to see Chaotix and Babylon arcs, too.

^ Note the "might." He didn't say there WOULD be, he said "might."

... Which is exactly what I pointed out to Kiberbot.

And I don't think there's going to be a Chaotix arc, considering that they're guaranteed to appear alongside Knuckles in his arcs.

Edited by Immortheus

Ian said this:

There are characters and subplots we’re introducing this year / very beginning of 2010 that will come to fruition in the next end-of-year Knuckles arc. See? I’m planning way in advance.

Sounds quite correct to me. I think his arc was just delayed for a later issue...

Edited by Kiberbot

He also said this when he posted those tidbits:

BE ADVISED!!! None of this is set in stone. Most of it is just planned, and not much is written. At any point SEGA may veto a story idea or we may have to shuffle things around for some reason. So take all this with a grain of salt. Here's hoping everything goes according to plan.

Okay, so after having not got any Archie comics since Sonic X ended, I got the FCBD issue back when it was released, then Sonic Universe #15. Now, I've got back and bought #17, as well as having downloaded issues 1-8 on my iPod through the Archie comics app.

I must say, the writing's improved since I dropped the main Archie series (#164). Okay, it's nothing spectacular by any means, but it's at least passable, which is more than I could say four years ago.

I will say though... what? In the 30 years later arc, what the hell happened to Bunnie and Antoine's kids? One issue they're blatant clones of their parents, the next they've had their colour palettes swapped and their accents are switched. What? D: Also the spelling of Vector's son's name kept changing. D:

I will say though... what? In the 30 years later arc, what the hell happened to Bunnie and Antoine's kids? One issue they're blatant clones of their parents, the next they've had their colour palettes swapped and their accents are switched. What? D: Also the spelling of Vector's son's name kept changing. D:

1- They were actually supposed to be like in the coloring in the second issue. The colorist messed up in the first one.

2- Both of their kids use both of their parent's dialects.

3- Argyle isn't exactly an easy name to spell out. (i'm not sure even sure if I spelled it right D: ) And the letterer they have now has misspelled some words before. "Huggred" "Lein-Da" "Sniveley" Mighty's "Roll Call" from #184 was originally "The Strongest One There Is" and became "The Only One There Is". LOLWUT. He's most definitely not very accurate that's for sure.

Edited by Illuminous_Orb

Here are the covers for StH #219 and SU #21! Linked because they're humongous for some reason.

http://img.archiecomics.com/press/sth219.650.jpg

"I am the god of thunder! Kneel before Thor"

Lol just give Sonic Amy's hammer :lol: ironically this cover looks like a better Thor picture (lighting catle etc) than that recently released Thor movie picture.

Hmm Cream, one of my least favourite Sonic characters in the comic?

Well I don't mind, just as long as she doesn't become some major character, if she serves for a few small plots and is here and there every now and then then I will be fine with this.

That cover however :blink: DO NOT WANT! Amy looks like oneof those things that spit deku nuts at you in Zelda games. Now I know why Sonic runs from her all the time.

That combination of characters really baffles me though?? :huh:

Bunnie supposedly introduces Cream, yet is nowhere, Blaze and Cream had a thing in Sonic Rush so that kinda makes sense, Amy being there doesn't, and the addition of Rouge is just odd.....I can see Amy and Cream and to a lesser extent Blaze working as a team, but Rouge is a wild card for a very girly girl team.

I do like me some Blaze and Rouge though so it'll be interesting.

As far as SU arcs go, I'd love to see a Chaotix arc!! With Mighty and Ray apparently off on some sister finding adventure (?) this would leave opportunity to bring the remaining Chaotix inline with their game counterparts - make them delve into some detective work and like it then start up the Chaotix detective agency in the comics.

It would be cool and entertaining.

SU hasn't been very good at all IMO. I was hoping it'd be a series to add more depth to lesser used characters by giving them more "page time" but so far all the stories have been pretty disappointing, that goes for the main comic too ever since after #200.

I just want some Sonic/Eggman fights.

Okay, something weird seems to be going on, because rather than put up the solicit for StH #219, Archie has put the up the solicit for StH #218 again. However, the description for SU #21 is up.

SONIC UNIVERSE #21

"Treasure Team Tango" Part One:

The mysterious and powerful Blaze the Cat has returned to Mobius! In her search for the Sol Emeralds, she comes across many familiar faces - but are they friends or foes? Maybe Amy Rose and Cream the Rabbit can help her decide! The rollicking adventure begins here!

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ART: Tracy Yardley!, Jim Amash, Phil Felix, and Jason Jenson

COVER: Tracy Yardley! and Ben Hunzeker

Shipping Date: October 13th, 2010

On Sale at Comic Shops: October 20th, 2010

Newsstands: November 2nd, 2010

32-page, 40 lb glossy stock, full-color comic

$2.99 US

Sorry for the double post, but StH #215's preview pages are up.

sth215.650.jpg

sth215_1.jpg

sth215_2.jpg

sth215_3.jpg

sth215_4.jpg

sth215_5.jpg

Yeah, the fifth page isn't working, but that'll hopefully be fixed.

Yardley's drawing if Cream looks so odd.

Also, I hate how Silver is always interpreted as being a time traveller, I thought the point of 06 was that Silver couldn't time travel without the help of someone else.

An unrelated question as well that I've never thought to ask before, exactly how did Nicole end up becoming a furry character rather than a little gadget thing.

An unrelated question as well that I've never thought to ask before, exactly how did Nicole end up becoming a furry character rather than a little gadget thing.

In a nutshell, Nicole picked up a yearning to be real after spending some time in Sally’s shoes. After a little alleviation time, Nicole picked up the trick permanently post Nanite Saga. After events X, Y, and Z (to avoid spoilerz) the nanites were basically hers for the taking. She used them to build up New Mobotropolis and installed a robust hologram matrix throughout the city.

She can use the city to project her form wherever she wants (and I also imagine she uses a more tangable nanite form when the need arises).

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Also, I hate how Silver is always interpreted as being a time traveller, I thought the point of 06 was that Silver couldn't time travel without the help of someone else.

The Rivals put that to an end. He can apparently time travel on his own.

Yeah, he learned how to say the words Chaos Control during aught six.

It would appear as though Sonic is going to be doing something with the Kid Cuisine mascots, but I can't really tell what it is because the last image won't finish loading. Either way, Rotor's line to Nicole could be interpreted in all sorts of lulzy ways. He seems to be a natural at this politician thing. "No, I don't need to go rescue my family, Nicole, meet me in my office. Privately"

And there's that backpack from SatAM, how's he wear that anyway?

Edited by Phos

It would appear as though Sonic is going to be doing something with the Kid Cuisine mascots, but I can't really tell what it is because the last image won't finish loading. Either way, Rotor's line to Nicole could be interpreted in all sorts of lulzy ways. He seems to be a natural at this politician thing. "No, I don't need to go rescue my family, Nicole, meet me in my office. Privately"

I'm more intrigued by the rest of the Councillor's dubious attitudes towards Nicole at the start.

Is that precedented somewhere before, or an indication of OMG CONSPIRACY?

I'm more intrigued by the rest of the Councillor's dubious attitudes towards Nicole at the start.

Is that precedented somewhere before, or an indication of OMG CONSPIRACY?

NICOLE was previously possessed by the Iron Queen and took over the city. You don't think everybody would be at ease when seeing her, even if she's back to normal?