Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

2 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:
  Hide contents

I didn't know there was a difference

Spoiler

The main difference is the lower chamber being a second place for the cockpit to reside in.

In Unleashed, it was just part of the Dragoon's segmented body.

Uuuuugh, still no StH for me, but I got SU 88. It's alright, although

Spoiler

we're already done with 'Nixus' charade. I find it really weird. Wasn't "Knuckles meets other echinda" the whole premise of this story? Kinda a letdown...

Also, I have hard time feeling the stakes. Naugus wants his power back, but he just used crystalisation, shape shifting and wanted to use mind control. "Lack of power" sounds like a joke.

The premise of the story was "Knuckles needs to rebuild the Master Emerald and get back to Angel Island before the world is fixed". I mean, I do think the pacing of this arc is all over the place so far, but let's be fair.

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Reveal hidden contents

The premise of the story was "Knuckles needs to rebuild the Master Emerald and get back to Angel Island before the world is fixed". I mean, I do think the pacing of this arc is all over the place so far, but let's be fair.

Fair point, but tiny request: write anything before spoiler box. How should if  I know you're responding to me, or describing all twists from StH 285. I need context to know if I want to read stuff in spoiler box or not.

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Uuuuugh, still no StH for me, but I got SU 88. It's alright, although

Hide contents

we're already done with 'Nixus' charade. I find it really weird. Wasn't "Knuckles meets other echinda" the whole premise of this story? Kinda a letdown...

Also, I have hard time feeling the stakes. Naugus wants his power back, but he just used crystalisation, shape shifting and wanted to use mind control. "Lack of power" sounds like a joke.

On SU 88

Naugus was previously seen during Eggman's dozen, where he had a few Emerald Shards as a necklace giving him the ability to Crystalize things. Hear, he also had Knuckles nearby with all of the other Shards he hadn't found himself so I don't think its too much of a stretch to say he can still use his magic as long as he has an energy source nearby. However, he would clearly prefer to regain the ability to do so himself, which is what he was trying to do in Eggman's Dozen whether it be by Ixis or Dark Gaia.[spoiler/]

It was kind of weird reading the ending of Shattered Part 2, usually the cliffhanger to the climax is in the third issue, I had to double check to see which part I was on. Makes me wonder what the last two parts are going to be dealing with. I doubt Ian would dedicate an entire issue to fighting Omega.

If I had to guess just looking through the solicits for Shattered Part 3 and 4,

they'll probably spend like half of the next issue fighting Crystal Omega, then the rest will have them confront Naugus only to discover that he has reassembled the Master Emerald and is regaining his powers. He will probably have just enough power to make his next move, which may involve using the Master Emerald to get some sort of revenge on the Echidnas posthumously given how he talked about the Chaos emeralds themselves. The following issue will have Knuckles trying to fight him and get the Master Emerald into place before the Shattered World is fixed. 

im just gonna say something dumb here, but does anyone else think that the zeti's are somehow linked to ixis or the trolls?

doesnt sound that dumb to me. only reason I see it not being plausible is that being a recent addition to the lore, Ian'll probably be hesitant to play with them too much in case he gets contradicted.

Perhaps.  I considered linking Zeti with Eclipse (not biologically, more like "you hate earth, we're aliens, let's be allies" way)

Maybe not biologically connected, but I could see the Zeti having some sort of history with the trolls, considering Wendy is apparently familiar with them.

I like that Eclipse idea though. Might make for a good Lost World sequel arc.

You kind of cant hook up eclipse with anyone. The black arns kinda wanna eat everything. Like there isnt a team up there eclipses goals are against everyone's self interest.

Along with that, eclipse is problably gonna stay shadow specific.

31 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

You kind of cant hook up eclipse with anyone. The black arms kinda wanna eat everything. Like there isn't a team up there eclipses goals are against everyone's self interest.

Along with that, eclipse is probably gonna stay shadow specific.

Not with anyone, but Deadly Six are similar enough for Eclipse to consider 'adopting' as family. They last of their kind (or at least outcasts), somewhat care about each other, but not in the slightest about other species. Sure Black Arms want to eat everyone, but not family, and Zeti being strong and deadly can be consider 'worthy' of becoming this family.

I considered scenario in which Eclipse goes with that logic and joins Deadly Six, but they just play him, because Zavok want to steal Dark Arms from him. Eclipse learns the truth, kicks their asses and becomes even more bitter and lonely.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Not with anyone, but Deadly Six are similar enough for Eclipse to consider 'adopting' as family. They last of their kind (or at least outcasts), somewhat care about each other, but not in the slightest about other species. Sure Black Arms want to eat everyone, but not family, and Zeti being strong and deadly can be consider 'worthy' of becoming this family.

I considered scenario in which Eclipse goes with that logic and joins Deadly Six, but they just play him, because Zavok want to steal Dark Arms from him. Eclipse learns the truth, kicks their asses and becomes even more bitter and lonely.

The issue is eclipse wouldnt do that. The only reason eclipse opens up to shadow is because he by dna is related to shadow. Shadow is a black arms, thats like saying that zod would feel a familial connection to the tamaranians or vegeta to the namekians. Their pride lies with in the dna. And their goals isnt just eating everyone its how they live, thrive. The only black arms to ever on record make a deal with another non black arms was black doom and that was because he could get a soilder out of it. And gerald was a scientist capable of... Hypothetically create life. Theres nothing those guys can do for eclipse outside giving a galactic level cell phone.

Also the only reason he feels a familial connections with the whisps is because they are black arms wisps. Its still a blood connectionthe pride of his people is his entire character.

And you loose that, you loose that Darwinist beef with shadow when you team him up. Not every character needs a team or a team up and friends  this is a legitely interesting character with an actual shade of gray beef. Who works by himself and is a threat himself. Not everyone needs a team, let this character grow by himself. He is fine, dont ruin this conforming the conventions of the universe that has ruined so many already. See that you have a good thing and leave it the hell alone.

Eclipse team is black arms and thats all it should. And you devalue amd shadows interaction with him if you try and team him up. He is an character specific enemy, which is rare enough, but one for shadow. Let him have something.

Wasn't the friendship a whole point of Shadow charakter? I mean hell. That was his whole motivation in his debut. And he lives on by his friend's wish.

3 minutes ago, blade57331 said:

Wasn't the friendship a whole point of Shadow charakter? I mean hell. That was his whole motivation in his debut. And he lives on by his friend's wish.

Shadow

Sure 

Eclipse isn't shadow and eclipse playingn opposite of that on a species level works.

Trolls, Ixis, and an Off-Panel peek for those who don't have the issue yet:

2u607xc.jpg

sdjm8l.jpg

237bq1.jpg

23u2cds.jpg

Enjoy! :)

• Thumbs Up 6

2 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

The issue is eclipse wouldnt do that. The only reason eclipse opens up to shadow is because he by dna is related to shadow. Shadow is a black arms, thats like saying that Zod would feel a familial connection to the tamaranians or vegeta to the namekians. Their pride lies with in the dna. And their goals isnt just eating everyone its how they live, thrive. The only black arms to ever on record make a deal with another non black arms was black doom and that was because he could get a soilder out of it. And gerald was a scientist capable of... Hypothetically create life. Theres nothing those guys can do for eclipse outside giving a galactic level cell phone.

Also the only reason he feels a familial connections with the whisps is because they are black arms wisps. Its still a blood connectionthe pride of his people is his entire character.

And you loose that, you loose that Darwinist beef with shadow when you team him up. Not every character needs a team or a team up and friends  this is a legitimately interesting character with an actual shade of gray beef. Who works by himself and is a threat himself. Not everyone needs a team, let this character grow by himself. He is fine, dont ruin this conforming the conventions of the universe that has ruined so many already. See that you have a good thing and leave it the hell alone.

Eclipse team is black arms and thats all it should. And you devalue and shadows interaction with him if you try and team him up. He is an character specific enemy, which is rare enough, but one for shadow. Let him have something.

Your opinion is your opinion, but I believe that this is a pathb he could take (in theory). Eclipse isn't normal Black Arm. He's a child, angry, scared, confused, lonely. I could imagine him lowering his standards, to have family that helps him get revenge on this disgusting planet. (And again, Zetis share similarities with Black Arms. if Deadly Six are outcasts, he can feel bond with them).

And if you read my previous post, keeping Eclipse interesting is a whole point. He would show a softer side, give us interactions we never seen before, only for Zeti to betray him, causing Eclipse to become more evil and never trust other species ever again. We're back to Darwinist beef you so want to preserve.

36 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Your opinion is your opinion, but I believe that this is a pathb he could take (in theory). Eclipse isn't normal Black Arm. He's a child, angry, scared, confused, lonely. I could imagine him lowering his standards, to have family that helps him get revenge on this disgusting planet. (And again, Zetis share similarities with Black Arms. if Deadly Six are outcasts, he can feel bond with them).

And if you read my previous post, keeping Eclipse interesting is a whole point. He would show a softer side, give us interactions we never seen before, only for Zeti to betray him, causing Eclipse to become more evil and never trust other species ever again. We're back to Darwinist beef you so want to preserve.

Thre was a longer response here, I can shorten it. 

I feel like you might be projecting traits onto this character, that doesn't really exist. He doesn't feel like an outcast, he just wants to eat the planet. Along with that why would he team up you got the lost world folks, the gnomes or whatever, and several countries and governments doing stuff at this moment. anyone with a lick of sense would try and sneak around during this commotion rather than make themselves known. He just needs to bide his time teaming up seems like a bad idea. As far as compassion goes, outside of shadow and his whisps, he doesn't really need to show it.  And as much as we would like every  character to be special unique snow flakes, sometimes characters work because they are kind of simple, eclipse is kind of simple... all he really needs to be IMO. 

I'm not gonna stop you thinking what you are thinking, but i feel like you are misunderstanding this characters point trying to make him more than he is or needs to be. And I very much disagree with your suggestion, sorry if the first thing came off agressive

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the whole "Ixus" as a name and concept brought into the comics by a creative who has since departed? Is using it as a power rather than a persons name enough to seperate it from previous use? In SatAM there was no mention of Isis to my recollection. Hope Archie knows what they are doing.

17 minutes ago, Tenko said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the whole "Ixus" as a name and concept brought into the comics by a creative who has since departed? Is using it as a power rather than a persons name enough to seperate it from previous use? In SatAM there was no mention of Isis to my recollection. Hope Archie knows what they are doing.

Well actually, while it was utilized in Archie, "Ixis" was evidently around in production materials for SatAM, and as such, it's fair game. Now, the 'Order of Ixis' is uniquely Karl Bollers, and in that context the Ixis name (or rather title) cannot be utilized. Otherwise, it's just fine. 

• Thumbs Up 7

22 minutes ago, Tenko said:

I believe the name was originally mentioned in the SatAM bible, so it's safe to use.

EDIT: Ninja'd

21 minutes ago, Tenko said:

Ixis was Naugus's original name in the SatAM bible entry of The Void. When Penders wrote in the StH 30-46 era(don't remember exact issue), he used the Ixis name to tie it in with his future plans for Kodos. When Karl Bollers came onto the book, he used the Ixis name as both Naugus's firtstname and the name of the Order Agunus, Nusgua, and Suguna were a part of. Because it originates from SatAM, it was fair game for Mr. Flynn to reuse in a different context.

I heard the same applied to King Max Acorn but I never bothered to confirm. Help?

EDIT: Ninja'd. By a few seconds even!

• Thumbs Up 1

Nate Morgan falls onto the same deal of being mentioned in the SatAM Bible but not usable as we qnow him, since he's actually pretty different and we even have concept art of him - a tall wizard.

7 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Thre was a longer response here, I can shorten it. 

I feel like you might be projecting traits onto this character, that doesn't really exist. He doesn't feel like an outcast, he just wants to eat the planet. Along with that why would he team up you got the lost world folks, the gnomes or whatever, and several countries and governments doing stuff at this moment. anyone with a lick of sense would try and sneak around during this commotion rather than make themselves known. He just needs to bide his time teaming up seems like a bad idea. As far as compassion goes, outside of shadow and his whisps, he doesn't really need to show it.  And as much as we would like every  character to be special unique snow flakes, sometimes characters work because they are kind of simple, eclipse is kind of simple... all he really needs to be IMO. 

I'm not gonna stop you thinking what you are thinking, but i feel like you are misunderstanding this characters point trying to make him more than he is or needs to be. And I very much disagree with your suggestion, sorry if the first thing came off aggressive

The way I see it, if Eclipse wasn't so lonely, he wouldn't try to recruit Shadow so much. It wasn't a strategic thinking it was "I am so different from my own people, none of them understands me. Except this Shadow guy, I'm just like him". (Same reasons why Dark Arms aren't part of the linked mind.) That's why he sheds a tear in SU 68. I wasn't "I lost a good weapon" it was "my own brother wants to kill me".

But we can just agree on disagreeing, whatever.