Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Good to see Knux's ugly mug in there.

I was afraid they might leave him out of this one due to him not being in CD... fears averted.

I see a bit of Knuckles! What I'm hoping for this comic is that Knuckles at least gets to be a badass this time, don't get me wrong, I liked the humor and gullibleness around him in the first megadrive, (Nice throwbacks to the Sonic's Big Fat Adventure fancomic and that Master Emerald Knuckles comic too!) but it would be cool if he does something awesome and not TOO gullible all the time...

I also read Panic in the Sky part 2-

Holy smokes some of those faces are downwright emotional

I love what they did to Gemerl, on one hand he's a badass robot, on the other, he's savin the city instead of going after the bad guys!

Poor Chip! :(

THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS ARE GONNA KICK SOME BUTTTTT

Also, EEEEEEE at that Egg Dragoon design!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Good to see Knux's ugly mug in there.

I was afraid they might leave him out of this one due to him not being in CD... fears averted.

CD's already taken place, what's that have to do with anything?

4 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

CD's already taken place, what's that have to do with anything?

Just a possible thematic exclusion I guess.

The cover hype's part II as a showdown between Sonic and Metal, which would be a rematch following the events of CD. It would be easy to skip over Knux in favor of something exclusive to Sonic and Amy (and Tails gets a free pass as a tag-along).

But Knuckles and Tails are confirmed to be involved in Next Level. Why would they suddenly leave the group?

And it was never said that this would be a repeat of CD.

CD's already happened. It's confirmed as such in Mega Drive when Amy tells Tails about it.

unfounded fears are unfounded.

Yeah I get all that. Its just hard to fight off the demons in the back of your head that look to exclude is all. Nice to get visual confirmation to dispel said demons.

1 minute ago, Sega DogTagz said:

unfounded fears are unfounded.

Yeah I get all that. Its just hard to fight off the demons in the back of your head that look to exclude is all. Nice to get visual confirmation to dispel said demons.

"Confirmation"?

The solicits told us when the book was revealed that they'd all be involved.

On 8/17/2016 at 0:48 PM, KoDaiko said:

I agree on bittersweet victories. What's the word, winning the battle but losing the war? I like it when the character saves the day but they don't feel miserable, when the main problem is solved but something keeps haunting them/someone, something that isn't all happy happy ending and like you said foreshadows a future plot point.

Pyrrhic Victory is the first term that comes to mind, that is, a victory achieved at such cost that it can almost be considered a defeat ("Another such victory and I shall be undone.") I've heard speculation that Nicole will die at the end of the arc, which I highly doubt, but that would definitely count as Pyrrhic.

And a note about the pacing of the Shattered World Crisis- if it weren't for the delay late last year/early this year, I think we'd be done with it by now, and if Worlds Unite wasn't a thing, we'd be well into the next arc (I honestly hope they don't do another crossover- I skipped the whole thing- but I know they will anyways). There would probably be less fatigue on this arc.

Right, so with #284 kicking off the Panic in the Sky arc, direct sales should see at least a slight upspike in Jul--

*Sales fell over 23% to 5093*

...What the actual fuck? Sonic Universe fell, but not by a significant amount. I think it's one of the few times Universe has sold more in a month. 

Also Mega Drive is on there. It must be mostly subscription driven because direct sales were sub-7000. 

14 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Right, so with #284 kicking off the Panic in the Sky arc, direct sales should see at least a slight upspike in Jul--

*Sales fell nearly 23% to 5093*

...What the actual fuck? Sonic Universe, but not by a significant amount. I think it's one of the few times Universe has sold more in a month. 

Also Mega Drive is on there. It must be mostly subscription driven because direct sales were sub-7000. 

Where you get those numbers?

Comic Book Resources, I always get my numbers from there. 

I did double check though, and Comichron has the same figure. 

20 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

*Sales fell nearly 23% to 5093*

...What the actual fuck? Sonic Universe, but not by a significant amount. I think it's one of the few times Universe has sold more in a month. 

Why did it fall nearly a quarter it's battle birds, witchcarters and hooligans winning isn't it? 

I couldn't answer that. The most obvious answer is availability issues but I haven't heard any problems like that related to #284.

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

*Sales fell over 23% to 5093*

...What the actual fuck? Sonic Universe fell, but not by a significant amount. I think it's one of the few times Universe has sold more in a month. 

Maybe folks are just into the universe story more?

Do those numbers for Mega Drive include both printings?

I'm curious to know how much the second printing is selling.

40 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

46 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

What is the connection/opposition between the colors red and purple? I've noticed quite a few series where we have a red hero and a purple villain: Knuckles and Thrash, Mario and Wario (if you give yellow to Daisy), Ryuko and Nui, now Amethyst and Jasper(who is technically more orange, but they specifically emphasize red in the kindergarten). 

It's kinda like a different version of the white and black/blue and red we have in Western media; the colours have specific symbolic meanings. Red is seen as a colour for protection [against demons and disease], happiness and luck, whereas purple is seen as the colour of death and evil. This contrasts with at least some Western conceptions, where Red can be seen as both good and evil (Red for bravery or red for danger), but purple has typically one meaning due to our history with it (that being royalty).  

That said, I don't think the Knuckles and Thrash one was intentionally playing to that given that Thrash has his origin from a Sonic and Knuckles transition sprite. Pretty sure that wasn't evil. 

Huh, neat.

I don't know why, but this got a laugh out of me. :lol: But you're right. Though, ironically enough, neither of those two are explicitly good/bad, at least in their introduction.

EDIT: Moved from a discussion in the Steven Universe thread 

Question: how would you personally hope for the issues leading up to 300 will play out, or even what do you hope for 300 itself to end up being?

Well, the only potential future arc I can think of is the Freedom Fighters traveling the multiverse with Silver to close all the Genesis Portals, but I think we're due for some lighter/breather issues after SWC. Granted, we're already getting a bit of that with Genesis of a Hero, but I'd like to see some aftermath of the Crisis: Show Sonic and friends reflecting on all they've been through these past 35 issues. 

6 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I hope we'll at least get a proper follow-up to the Silver Age sooner than later.

Seconded.

You could theoretically work that as the lead-up to SU#100. There's only six issues to 100 after CotPP, right? Only room for one full arc or something unusual.