Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Shade's personality is like Gold the Tenrec's; they're a great concept for a character and all, they just aren't portrayed quite as well. They both still have potential, honestly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish Archie were ballsy enough to play Penders at his own game.

Ken's using a blatent Knuckles rip-off so Archie and Sega should really have just as much right to use characters vaguely inspired by his.

• Thumbs Up 1

SEGA do not give a toss about the characters lost, so they wouldn't have any incentive to play that game.

If Archie did, any potential backfire could have ramifications for their licence for Sonic itself, so avoiding the issue entirely is a safer bet. 

• Thumbs Up 4

That All for one variant... Did they just...

Spoiler

Make a reference to One Piece? I mean, Tails is wearing that straw hat!

It's pretty cool and the main cover too!

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Fusion Demon said:

That All for one variant... Did they just...

Hide contents

Make a reference to One Piece? I mean, Tails is wearing that straw hat!

It's pretty cool and the main cover too!

Spoiler

Not to mention the snazzy One Piece-esque logo.

13 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Sounds good, but one of those covers looks strangely familiar...

Hide contents

album-sonic-cd-td.jpg

There are probably dozens upon dozens of art pieces showcasing the Sonic/Metal race that feature similar posing/character placement.

I was actually really surprised that the "Cosmic Eternity" variant was done by Yardley. I expected it to be Hesse. He emulated the art style perfectly.

Even though they're retreading the games across "Genesis of a Hero," I'm rather looking forward to how the stories are told and how/if these tie into "Mega Drive." Given the format and that there's one more issue, I'm a little unsure about how they'll cover Sonic 3 & Knuckles in the twenty pages allotted, though. Perhaps when these get the trade treatment in, I dunno, ten years, the "Mega Drive" one-shots will get packaged with them.

1 minute ago, PC the Hedgehog said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not to mention the snazzy One Piece-esque logo.

There are probably dozens upon dozens of art pieces showcasing the Sonic/Metal race that feature similar posing/character placement.

I meant more along the lines of, "Sonic's half shows the Good Future, Metal's shows the Bad."

If that variant is an example of what we can expect from Tracy's GoaH artwork, then we're in for some GOOOOOOD stuff. Wasn't expecting to see Sonic CD thrown into the mix, either, so just really looking forward to this arc in general. Should serve as a nice cool down after the end of the Shattered World Crisis.

God, Spaz is killing it with that main cover!  And I agree with Zaysho, Yardley is really on form with trying his own spin on CD's art style.  Makes me all the more hyped for this arc, since he'll be drawing it all.  I am interested however if this will tie into Mega Drive in some form.  Unfortunately, as much as I love the covers, I'm a little disappointed in the Chaotix arc.  I was really hyped for a full on detective noir parody, but instead it just seems to quickly turn into another pirate adventure.  Considering we already have had pirate stories, I was hoping for some more plot originality.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, QuantumEdge said:

Unfortunately, as much as I love the covers, I'm a little disappointed in the Chaotix arc.  I was really hyped for a full on detective noir parody, but instead it just seems to quickly turn into another pirate adventure.  Considering we already have had pirate stories, I was hoping for some more plot originality.

Honestly, I expected this much as soon as I realised who was the mystery silhouette on the first cover we saw. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that this will be like Chaotix Quest in that it's less a Chaotix arc and more another Meropis arc. 

6 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Honestly, I expected this much as soon as I realised who was the mystery silhouette on the first cover we saw. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that this will be like Chaotix Quest in that it's less a Chaotix arc and more another Meropis arc. 

Yeah, guess I let my hype get carried away.  I know it won't be poorly written, since Ian and Aleah did pretty well with Spark of Life, but I really wish they used a less rehashed plot.

Really adore the blue banner on StH #290's main cover. Nice touch and reference to the Sega CD games and their box artwork. Still not as interested in the Chaotix arc (I don't like pirates all that much) but I'm really looking forward to Genesis of a Hero.

Also, in case you guys missed it, Vincent Lovallo posted a picture showing a sneak peek (peak? I suddenly forgot which one it is) of the Control graphic novel and a conspicuous email detailing a certain milestone issue scripts below but blurred. Hmmm....

hey yo.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

SU #100 and #102? Why would you not also put in #101? Hmmm....

100 and 102

1 + 2 = 3 

And the Universe comic is about the additional Sonic cast going on their own Adventure.

OH MY GOD! GUYS, IT'S CONFIRMED!

THE BIG SAGA IS CONFIRMED 

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Shaddy the guy said:

Yo Vector is only 20

he shouldn't be drinking

The Straw Hats were drinking before some of them were 20, he's fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah but just because it's a homage isn't an excuse

I mean they could do a homage to Evangelion, that doesn't mean we need to see Sonic masturbating over Sally in a coma.

Just now, Shaddy the guy said:

Yeah but just because it's a homage isn't an excuse

I mean they could do a homage to Evangelion, that doesn't mean we need to see Sonic masturbating over Sally in a coma.

It may be because it's been five years since I saw Evangelion, but it's still making me shocked at how messed up it is...

Also who would be the robot then? Sonic doesn't have a mom anymore.

1. Do you know how easy it is to cover the tracks in the homage? We clearly see it as wine, but with a kid you can just say "Oh, that's grape juice".

2. You're picking on Vector for being 20? Espio's 16. 

3. The theme song for the Chaotix has a censor in it, they have a six year old working full-time, and in the events of the comic they've already discussed investigating infidelity cases for suspicious spouses. Clearly at some point Vector and Espio just lost all the fucks they could give about what's appropriate for kids. 

• Thumbs Up 3