Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

10 hours ago, The KKM said:

did you actually watch eva, or just go with hearsay? or watch it when you were like 12 and just scoff at it all?

Yeah, I watched it. In fact, I rewatched it in June, and currently am doing so again with my dad and sister. We're on episode 13 right now

They really, really hate Asuka.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, blade57331 said:

Damn. First being addicted to gambling, now drinking. Espio's growing up so fast.

Good for him. After all, alkohol to some point is healthy.

Well, alcohol per se is poisonous (as far as I know). ^_^ If you're referring stuff like red wine it's because of other stuff inside it. And they taught (to my group at least) in school that the pros are smaller than cons considering drinking wine. Not saying anything about drinking in comics underaged. I live in a country where age for "milder alcohols" (like no vodka) is 18 (so you can start drunken-driving right away) and older guys get booze (and cigarettes (I don't want to take my chances and use the word to them that first crossed my mind)) to kids anyway from Estonia (sorries) since they can make more money that way (and "that's no good") . B) And even (and I know he's presumably old enough, just making a point from the readers' age perspective considered) Donald Duck (almost) gets his New Year Champaign in all-ages comics, soo... Well, seems like Espio's going to become really fine ninja here...

But yay, One Piece kind of cover! Now "We Go!" is stuck in my head for the rest of the week. I'm just wondering who is going to get nosebleed this time... And it's pretty fun to make some comparing between character placing. The left side on the back though, I can't get how it should go... (hands talk more than positions, I'm sure of it... poor Tails, you used to be so innocent. Now I can never look at you again with straight face... (btw what's with all these frenchie/francophonic blondies in the comics anyway? I can name about three in one breath and they all come from different  genres! I don't usually picture French people blondes...)

... And did they just make me think what's same about a young antropomorphic bee and quite old pervert/musician skeleton? Besides both having "instruments" at hand in their respective group pictures?

I wonder whether Odacchi knows about this or not. Suppose it could be one of those "glanced and (not that it really matters) approved" things at most. Like he would get anything to say about some other comic artists paying homage... 

Sorries I just love OP, as you can see... Shame I can't really get variants, shop I use would need to order like 9 or more copies for one issue more so not going to happen.

___

About StH #286, I suppose if Eggman would just keep his cool he could make things work out better for his plans even when Sonic comes to the rescue. That's what kind of feeling I got. Like, when he's in a bit of an underdog position, making countering plans and all, in his toes he makes it work. Then he gets the upper hand, loses it and becomes all too gloatful(?) and then starts the downhill (again). It's like a rollercoaster (or what you get when you write sin(x) in Wolfram Alpha...)

And was it just me or was that a bit... interesting how Orbot's "body-language" pretty much shouted out loud "I do something, let's hope it works since I'm not too certain I will even hit the target so I might as well let it go by random" or at least "I can't watch it what if I miss". Kind of shame, grow some backbone, you! But then again, his work doesn't really include a need for one...

So this is odd, the new British Toys R Us catalogue is advertising some of the new Tomy merch, including the new comic pack, and, well...

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Well, alcohol per se is poisonous (as far as I know). ^_^ If you're referring stuff like red wine it's because of other stuff inside it. And they taught (to my group at least) in school that the pros are smaller than cons considering drinking wine. Not saying anything about drinking in comics underaged. I live in a country where age for "milder alcohols" (like no vodka) is 18 (so you can start drunken-driving right away) and older guys get booze (and cigarettes (I don't want to take my chances and use the word to them that first crossed my mind)) to kids anyway from Estonia (sorries) since they can make more money that way (and "that's no good") . B) And even (and I know he's presumably old enough, just making a point from the readers' age perspective considered) Donald Duck (almost) gets his New Year Champaign in all-ages comics, soo... Well, seems like Espio's going to become really fine ninja here...

Alcohol alone raises blood pressure. It helps blood "flow easier". When it comes to beer, hop in it helps decrease chance for the occurrence of cancer to some point. And wine higly reduces risk for getting heart diseases.

The cons of it all is unknown moderation.

5 hours ago, BlueSky said:

About StH #286, I suppose if Eggman would just keep his cool he could make things work out better for his plans even when Sonic comes to the rescue. That's what kind of feeling I got. Like, when he's in a bit of an underdog position, making countering plans and all, in his toes he makes it work. Then he gets the upper hand, loses it and becomes all too gloatful(?) and then starts the downhill (again). It's like a rollercoaster (or what you get when you write sin(x) in Wolfram Alpha...)

That's Eggman's fatal flaw: Pride. when he gets an upper hand, or a position where he can win, he really wants to rub it in so his foes know it...but that's precisely why he things blow up lot of the time since he does it to the point of disregarding any details that might screw things up for him.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

So this is odd, the new British Toys R Us catalogue is advertising some of the new Tomy merch, including the new comic pack, and, well...

image.jpeg

>Mecha Madness

Hurry up and release damnit.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Ernest-Panda said:

It's real (not my photo):

image.jpeg

Oh please don't be a Toys R Us exclusive.

I wonder if this reissue of Mecha Madness is different at all from the original printing. The original had a story about the Downunda Freedom Fighters and the introduction of Mammoth Mogul and Destructix (then called the Fearsome Foursome). Given the apparent legal issues now surrounding Scott Fulop's work and characters, I can't understand why Archie/SEGA would authorize this inclusion unless they were going to remove/replace certain content.

Unless it was finalised before that happened? It can take a while for toys and packs to come out after being given the okay. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Unless it was finalised before that happened? It can take a while for toys and packs to come out after being given the okay. 

Still makes you wonder why they'd want to choose that one in the first place. Surely these packs are to help get people interested in the comics, so why use a two-decade old issue that's no longer canon?

Just now, Ernest-Panda said:

Still makes you wonder why they'd want to choose that one in the first place. Surely these packs are to help get people interested in the comics, so why use a two-decade old issue that's no longer canon?

Well being fair, it's one of the fan-favourite stories of the series, and one of the better Sonic VS Knux stories that the series has had, I don't think it's that far fetched to choose it. It's not like we get Archie in the UK anyway unless you go to specific comic shops or order them through Forbidden Planet, so I doubt this is meant to hook people onto the comics either.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm more surprised they went through the trouble and expense of reprinting that issue instead of simply packing in one of their more current issues.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm already planing on a trip to gamestop next week when lego dimensions year 2 sets release.perhaps i'll be able to check out my local toys r us to see if they have this special issue bundle or not.

On ‎22‎.‎9‎.‎2016 at 9:34 PM, blade57331 said:

Alcohol alone raises blood pressure. It helps blood "flow easier". When it comes to beer, hop in it helps decrease chance for the occurrence of cancer to some point. And wine higly reduces risk for getting heart diseases.

The cons of it all is unknown moderation.

Well, I suppose I see your point there. The thing is, acetaldehyde and some other stuff ethanol (the alcohol that's considered "alcohol" in common) causes by reacting inside human body is highly unhealthy. And if I'd like to get my blood circulate faster I'd prefer eating liquorice myself. ^_^ Or getting stressed by something, even when stress too is unhealthy if continuously consumed (and there's people who have problems with too high blood pressure, as you all probably know). I suppose small doses some mild stuff isn't too bad. The difference in one's point of view may also be cultural. All in all, I suppose I can agree with your point of view, sorry if I seemed aggressive. :wacko:

My final point being, it's no good in huge doses at least but I don't mind some bottles in comics (as long as they're not the main content mind you). I once read one album that included a guy pouring a bottle of cognac/something down his friens throat since he was frozen and needed to "warm up", and it most definitely wasn't 18+ stuff. So two bottles of unknown liquid in a cover of Sonic Universe isn't that bad for my liking.

For that particular issue, you'd think they'd package Knuckles and Metal Sonic together instead. I mean, yeah, it's not Metal Sonic in the issue, but I'm sure that from several of the involved perspectives, it would be close enough -- and closer than just regular Sonic and Knuckles.

Then again, in that case, it would make more sense to use a Metal Knuckles figure or something instead. Did they ever make one of those?

Speculation time:

This is TRU's photo of the Mecha Madness comic that comes in the pack:

image.jpeg

Note how it says "collector's edition" up there. No surprise, but you may remember that the original printing actually had "48 page collectors edition" in that circle originally. Why get rid of the "48 page" part?

You know what I think?

The issue has been bumped down to having *just* the Mecha Madness story, with the other two being omitted, allowing for the page count to be bumped down.

It's been a while since I've posted anything but my question is due to all of the legal red tape surrounding the Pre-SGW material, is Archie even allowed to reprint old stories such as Mecha Madness and Sonic #25 without any of the former creatives finding out and possibly file another lawsuit?

27 minutes ago, LargoDELLZ said:

It's been a while since I've posted anything but my question is due to all of the legal red tape surrounding the Pre-SGW material, is Archie even allowed to reprint old stories such as Mecha Madness and Sonic #25 without any of the former creatives finding out and possibly file another lawsuit?

It's all been really confusing lately.

At first, the only place the old stories, regardless of writer, could be printed were in graphic novel releases, whereas the digests seemed to only be using the stuff from writers who were still associated with Archie in some way (like Angelo DeCesare).

But in recent months they seem to be flat-out avoiding anything that has even so much as another writers characters make an appearance, even in Ian stories, and this is applying to digests AND graphic novels it seems.

This has completey hulted the Pre-SGW graphic novels (Archives, Sagas, etc.) and only a very few of the Pre-SGW stories are free to be printed in the Digests. For example, the first part of Sonic Universe's "Babylon Rising" got a Digest reprinting a few months back, it's the only part of the arc where all of the characters to appear are Sega/SatAM/Ian-created. It was never followed up by the other parts, and the one, single mention of a non-Ian character, Elias Acorn, was edited out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I already did this in a status update, but I thought I'd mention it here as well:

Wow, I actually really love this explanation for what happened to Elias and his mother in the Post Super Genesis Wave era of Archie Sonic.

tumblr_nfcktk3u6m1tmb4zco1_500.png

It'd be a really good way of still establishing in their existance in what TV tropes might refer to as a Lawyer-Friendly Cameo. You could do the thing they did in Worlds Unite where they flashback, don't reference the characters by name, and keep them in the shadows so you can make the argument that the shadows just happened to make a shape similar to the previous versions of the characters.

• Thumbs Up 4