Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

-Bookends the Shattered World arc

-Has connecting covers

-Final part drawn by Yardley

The parallels to CDtC keep piling up.

• Thumbs Up 3

As much as I enjoy Tracy's work, it sure would be nice if we could get even one complete arc drawn by Skelley without assistance from other artists. I find it really disorienting when Archie suddenly brings in a different artist to complete a story arc, and it seems to be happening more and more frequently over the past few years.

• Thumbs Up 9

The best artist was early years spaz. He just have such an epic style.

Also does Archie have rights to  FInitevus

Sonic Mega Drive: The Next Level preview pages! Loving the classic-looking levels and Eggman mechs. Kudos to the team all around for creating something so original, yet Sonic-cy.

14 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

At this point, who knows who has the rights to what? Doesn't really matter, though. Archie won't ever be busting out any of their pre-reboot characters ever again.

• Thumbs Up 8

9 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Sonic Mega Drive: The Next Level preview pages! Loving the classic-looking levels and Eggman mechs. Kudos to the team all around for creating something so original, yet Sonic-cy.

At this point, who knows who has the rights to what? Doesn't really matter, though. Archie won't ever be busting out any of their pre-reboot characters ever again.

What but he easy the best villain by far :(

Also I MD how many times does Amy have to hold her skirt down lol.

29 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

I thought Finitevus belonged to Penders now?

Anyway moving on...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ?

The art looks good as usual, but my favorite part about this is the zones they're in. I wonder if that's a part of the game, or made up like last time. Those snowflakes, the ice loop de loop, IT'S SO PRETTY!?

Ian technically created Finitevus, but he got axed because of his connections to Penders (Like Shard, Beauregard, and Matilda) and Sega's mandate that Knuckles has to be the last of his kind. (Tikal doesn't count because she's a ghost)

*Next Level gets a preview released*

*We're still waiting on the official preview for #287*

Come off it Archie. 

52 minutes ago, Spoopy Flare said:

I thought Finitevus belonged to Penders now?

Bollers. Finitevus was conceived by Bollers with Jon Gray's input involved. The only reason Penders ever gets brought up relating to him is because Ian made Finitevus an Echidna from a Penders issue in retrospect, but that doesn't alter the fact Penders had nothing to do with him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Next Level looks nice so far. Cool zone and Badnik designs. Hopefully it doesn't have any decade-old meme references like the first issue.

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Actually, not really.

Finitevus was created by Karl Bollers for the Return to Angel Island storyline. Dub(Jon Gray) helped design him and also revealed at one point that Finitevus was supposed to return at some point as his own villain.

Ian Flynn brought Finitevus back and made him the archenemy to Knuckles that we recognize him as, which also involved tying him in with the unnamed Albion scientist who tried to solve the Chaos Knuckles situation with a Chaos Syphon suit.

Karl Bollers revealed on Twitter that he, Penders, and the other writers not under the current type of contract with Archie do indeed own their respective characters, but he also said he doesn't mind if Archie wants to continue using his. So at this point, he's being kept out of the book due to Archie being on the safe side and possible SEGA mandates.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Spoopy Flare said:

Breaking the hiatus, again but the Sonic wiki may have leaked three pages from STH 287. And Skelly's not pencilling it, neither is ABT.

Reveal hidden contents

It's Tracy Yardley!

latest?cb=20161011035105latest?cb=20161011035116latest?cb=20161011035127

I even checked Google books to see if they accidently had some pages, but I don't see anything... o_o

Egads, I've been revealed! (I uploaded them by the way)

I like how Panic in the Sky just isn't being hyped up at all despite tomorrow being the finale of the entire Shattered World Crisis. 

I guess same goes for Genesis of a Hero part 1 to an extent, but that at least has another month to gain the spotlight. Then again, it comes out pretty much at the same time as Next Level, so that's going to affect its marketing. 

14 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Yeah...gonna have to disagree with the Eggman mech on the last page. That actually made me go WTF.

If it weren't for mechs like the Egg Dealer I'd call that one of the most ridiculous things I've seen even for someone as silly as Eggman. It's saving grace is that we don't know what context it has (there damn well could be an aesthetic reason why it's like that rather than it being a silly mech) and that unlike dumb mechs like the Egg Dealer, it actually tries to clobber the heroes. So it's a threat nonetheless. 

Got the issue:

First of all, fantastic art, which is to be expected.

The story is as straightforward as it gets. Super Sonic beats Dark Gaia, Chip puts the world back together and goes to sleep, saying goodbye to all the people he's ever interacted with telepathically, and Sonic gets his ring/bracelet thingy.

• Thumbs Up 3

I actually thought the art was rushed. Look at the double spread of other heroes and look at Charmy, Pearly and the two in the top-right corner and try to tell me that's not off. 

At least Dulcy and Lupe were done justice.

Also I can understand Breezie being miserable about losing control of the entertainment, Muttski being so nervy he still frowns and the old guy being shocked, but why were Vector and Espio so down? Had they figured that Chip died? That'd be something considering even Sonic didn't know until the next page.

Speaking of which, nice of Chip to acknowledge the team who helped him in the first place and had one of them get close to him and name him. /sarcasm

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Hide contents

I actually thought the art was rushed. Look at the double spread of other heroes and look at Charmy, Pearly and the two in the top-right corner and try to tell me that's not off. 

At least Dulcy and Lupe were done justice.

Also I can understand Breezie being miserable about losing control of the entertainment, Muttski being so nervy he still frowns and the old guy being shocked, but why were Vector and Espio so down? Had they figured that Chip died? That'd be something considering even Sonic didn't know until the next page.

Speaking of which, nice of Chip to acknowledge the team who helped him in the first place and had one of them get close to him and name him. /sarcasm

Glad I want only thinking it looked horribly rushed

Just read the issue. Eh. 

At least the Shattered World thing is finally over. 

And yeah, I agree that the art seemed a bit rushed.

Overall id say with this final issue the Shattered arc would get a 6 or 7 out of 10 if I were to give it an arbitrary score. The beginning arcs really were fantastic, waves of change, chase, the werehog arc and the amazing Champions. The accompanying Universe Arcs were solid as well 

But then that fucking shitty crossover came along and fucking ruined the pacing, stories afterward felt less like a grand adventure with interesting subplots and more like a checklist of things that had to be done to get to the finale, that said at least the finale ended strongly. Hoping for the SLW arc to be better handled in terms of its pacing 

19 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

What is that bracelet, anyway? I didn't really get to play Sonic Unleashed.

It's Chip's necklace, which he left for Sonic as a gift.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Soniman said:

Overall id say with this final issue the Shattered arc would get a 6 or 7 out of 10 if I were to give it an arbitrary score. The beginning arcs really were fantastic, waves of change, chase, the werehog arc and the amazing Champions. The accompanying Universe Arcs were solid as well 

But then that fucking shitty crossover came along and fucking ruined the pacing, stories afterward felt less like a grand adventure with interesting subplots and more like a checklist of things that had to be done to get to the finale, that said at least the finale ended strongly. Hoping for the SLW arc to be better handled in terms of its pacing 

The fact that most of the arc post-WU reduced to 10 pages per story before Panic in the Sky didn't help much either.

• Thumbs Up 1