Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

13 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Why do I get the feeling the two universe covers are trying to get a certain ship sailing...

Unless it reflects apart of the actual story, it may simply be unintended, or Tracy has a shipping itch that needs to be scratched :P

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Why do I get the feeling the two universe covers are trying to get a certain ship sailing...

I dunno, man.

She looks a bit too young for a 20-year-old crocodile, and Sega forbids their characters from getting into relationships. (Though that didn't stop them from sneaking in Metal Sonic x Breezie)

22 minutes ago, Forte-the-Bell-Tolls said:

I dunno, man.

She looks a bit too young for a 20-year-old crocodile, and Sega forbids their characters from getting into relationships. (Though that didn't stop them from sneaking in Metal Sonic x Breezie)

Well, that would be a ship tease, which is harder to enforce, If Sonic began flirting with Amy or Sally or other female characters, it techincally isn't him getting into a romantic relationship, and rather him just trying to be "slick" with the ladies so to speak. Unless they get into a direct romantic relationship, Ian could likely throw in as many ship tease moments as he likes, and allow the reader to determine which is actual harmless flirting, and what is Sonic's true feelings.

Got #287 today (and it was surprisingly/very unusually the Variant one, they surprised me again those distributors after taking their sweet time). And it worked out a bit like I suspected after seeing previews; FF didn't do that much, but well at least they were there... When I started reading I joked to myself about how Eggman will have more to do in this story than they do... and look what happened. He practically foresaw a possible plot-twist in first sentence and put it on hold on the latter. That cheeky ol' troller... always giving hints and then telling us "meh whatever". It's like that Master Emerald trolling in SA2 again...

At some points I had a bit difficulties following the art about what happened in the picture during the fight, possibly because I'm more used to the "shonen style" when it comes to the fighting scenes. Maybe it was because of the colours or something. But it was still pretty well-made beating, I suppose.

That last part felt like something, but still, I didn't really cry or anything but still, not that bad way ending "World Adventure" I suppose.

Oh, now we're getting into shipping wars aren't we? Or are we yet even on the beach?

39 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Is ms X Breezie still a thing? I liked that ship

It's only been hinted at through flashbacks. Breezie speaking highly of Metal at the end of Champions might indicate she still has feelings for him, but Metal can't return her affection now because of the programmed leash Eggman now has him on.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, goku262002 said:

Is it me or did something feel off about the art in that GOAH preview?

I was thinking the same thing. The colors look disturbingly flat and bland, and the inking doesn't flow well with Yardley!'s style.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ContinuityFlubs said:

I was thinking the same thing. The colors look disturbingly flat and bland, and the inking doesn't flow well with Yardley!'s style.

That would be due to the one-two punch of mediocrity that is Gabriel Cassata and Terry Austin, respectively.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wait which story are we talking about?

If it's GoaH, I think you're all crazy. The art and colours look amazing to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Wait which story are we talking about?

If it's GoaH, I think you're all crazy. The art and colours look amazing to me.

As much as Austin and Cassata get a lot of flak from me, I will still give out their due credit.  GoaH's art feels more tight and polished than usual.  Still, I can't help but possess the opinion that Amash and Herms would make it even prettier.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:34 PM, Kfarc said:
14 hours ago, The KKM said:

and also yardley! likely being called to fill in for the other artists at the last minute

Yep just called in to fill in. For Four whole months. Even though he was solicited to be the artist since we first heard about this arc. Not a crazy Conspiracy Theroy at all.

Edit: Woops My Bad misread your post.

I think it actually is a big improvement, really. At least most of the lines actually connect. The colors are still bland, but I think the primary reason for all the weirdness is that we've seen two issues of Mega Drive at this point and we aren't used to seeing Yardley draw classic Sonic (which, isn't the best at it, but looks ok).

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

...wow, I have a lot of unpopular opinions on this thing don't I?

Reveal hidden contents

Because I love Yardley's classic Sonic.

You're not alone man. I love Tracy's classic Sonic too.

Also Case of The Pirate Princess looks fantastic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh good, maybe this princess will actually pay with money, unlike Sally who managed to dick him over twice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

God damn it Charmy with the Chaotix advertisement.

But boy that Undina certainly get's around, she seems to have traveled all over the world. Is the Guard a Dolphin? I can't imagine Meropians being able to stay on land for too long. 

On 10/18/2016 at 5:42 PM, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

So we're getting a Lobster mobian now? Lol, we're gonna have EVERY damn species represented if they can manage it, aren't we? Would rather have had Abyss as the main villain, provided she isn't around already. The Chaotix going up against an aquatic Egg Army would be interesting if you ask me.

Oh, is THAT what that thing is? I couldn't tell thanks to that odd color scheme.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

God damn it Charmy with the Chaotix advertisement.

But boy that Undina certainly get's around, she seems to have traveled all over the world. Is the Guard a Dolphin? I can't imagine Meropians being able to stay on land for too long. 

According to Flynn, they can survive dry land just fine for a few hours. Keep them out of water for a few days, and then they're in trouble. 

Hence why Undina has that magical rain umbrella to keep her hydrated.

45 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh, is THAT what that thing is? I couldn't tell thanks to that odd color scheme.

I'm not really sure if that's what it is, but I'm guessing such due to the claws.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's been used in the Sonic Channel comics as well, and cameo'd on a winter variant years back now (I want to say it was #257, but I'm not certain). It's not the first time tiny elements from X have been nicked for the games either; look at Shadow's rings having inhibitor properties or the idea of there being two worlds. 

But aside from little superficial details being reused, Sonic X itself is not acknowledged as part of the current franchise image, and it's not canon at all. 

• Thumbs Up 2