Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

10 minutes ago, Spoopy Flare said:
  Hide contents

Okay, that Overdrive cover is GLORIOUS.

Also what BOTH issues are out early?! I know some people get one early, I wasn't expecting both to come though.

What do you mean "both"?

4 minutes ago, Spoopy Flare said:
  Hide contents

Next level and the first part of the pirate princess story, unless su 91 is not out early?

Its official release date was today.

3 hours ago, therealfalconpawnch77 said:

Anybody else have Next Level come in today?

Reveal hidden contents

The Final Part of Mega Drive is called Overdrive and it comes out Spring 2017, which is when Mania comes out. I'd share a picture of the proposed cover but I don't know how.

I got the issue (and #287 finally) today. 

Really enjoyed the issue. I can see some people having complaints with...about 3 things in the issue (I personally didn't have any complaints about them), all of which I believe are minor, but other than that it was an incredibly strong follow up to the Mega Drive story and I can't wait to see it conclude in Overdrive. Also, I think this issue has really sold me on Tyson Hesse arguably being the best artist currently on the Sonic comic team. 

Not sure if I'll take any pictures of the actual story to show off as spoilers for anyone curious, but I'll probably scan the editor + full page Off-Panel page. 

Spoiler for the 3 complaints people may have regarding the story.

• Sonic leaving the group pretty early in the story only for him to start missing them a bit and get reunited with them again rather quickly. I can see some thinking he probably should have stayed away from the group a bit longer.

• Amy getting kidnapped by Metal Sonic again and the story turning into Sonic CD 2.0 where Sonic has to rescue her. Just the whole damsel in distress thing happening again after it literally just happened to her not to long ago in Sonic CD, and this time she has her Piko Piko Hammer to protect herself and be useful to the team. Granted, it's different here because Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles work together to fight Metal Sonic and save her.

• The fight with Metal Sonic. Definitely can see people saying it was too short, but then again, it did turn into a 3 vs. 1 fight, so...

Sonic Mega Drive: Next Level off-panel

tumblr_ofo4n82zJa1tlfjtro1_1280.png

Joke is that by destroying 3 Metal prototypes, Sonic literally put the correct parts together from head to toe so Eggman can build the correct Metal Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm honestly surprised that got approved. Chip's Dark look is too generic to pin it as anything other as a general piss-take, but that torso is

definitely a Scourge reference.The knuckle scars are there too.

• Thumbs Up 1

aw crud...

Now I can't be extremely and obnoxiously smug about getting Next Level before all of ya....

welp, beggers can't be choosers. still gonna wait out for my issue.

so

i read su #91 and

Spoiler

I thought it was fine. None of the characters looked too off in the panels (that, or the artwork is growing on me), and I did like how they involved cities like Spagonia, Empire City, and especially Westopolis. It really feels like a breath of fresh air, given that pretty much 90% of the other Post-SGW arcs directly correlated with the SWC. I have a feeling the inevitable's going to happen and a fight'll break out between the two parties (Echo, Razor, the Chaotix & the other crew, respectively), but yeah. 8/10.

4 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Hide contents

I'm honestly surprised that got approved. Chip's Dark look is too generic to pin it as anything other as a general piss-take, but that torso is

definitely a Scourge reference.The knuckle scars are there too.

...Did this bumped or something? Or did you not get that issues until today?

Next Level came early, and we're discussing that. Dunno how I could be late on something leaked before release date. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

but I'm gonna put my trust in Ian on this one that the extra eight issues of the main comic and Universe could have made the pacing much better without WU in the fray.

Don't you mean 6 issues, three of which are Sonic Universe, ergo probably not focused on Chip and fixing the planet?  If anything, blame Sonic's 25th anniversary, otherwise Flynn could streath whole SWC till 300.

Still, if Flynn needed extra issue to show Chip bounding, he could skip recap in 283. Knuckles/Mighty team-up was skipable too. Heck, when Rotor and Bunnie collected keys in back-ups, focus could been on Chip rather then their personal problems (or just have Chip around).

Either way it goes, that fudged schedule left us with a fudged up pacing that we could have done without.

As far as the recap of 283, that too could have been paced better with huge parts of Heroes recap placed in a few panels or just a few pages and given more room for Chip's development and bonding. Would rather not have skipped the Knux/Mighty team-up, but the other parts definitely could have had Chip around when it came to what they were dealing with.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, ContinuityFlubs said:

so

i read su #91 and

Reveal hidden contents

I thought it was fine. None of the characters looked too off in the panels (that, or the artwork is growing on me), and I did like how they involved cities like Spagonia, Empire City, and especially Westopolis. It really feels like a breath of fresh air, given that pretty much 90% of the other Post-SGW arcs directly correlated with the SWC. I have a feeling the inevitable's going to happen and a fight'll break out between the two parties (Echo, Razor, the Chaotix & the other crew, respectively), but yeah. 8/10.

Vector was actually missing his gold chain in one panel, which is a pretty big oversight, and the way he was drawn sometimes reminded me a bit too much of Dingodile. The issue itself was fine, though; the Chaotix having a weird family trip to the sea in a pink car with Vector as the mum and Espio and Charmy as the bickering children is one of those things you never knew you needed.

7 hours ago, Spoopy Flare said:

WATCH OUT Next Level pic spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_inline_ofo8s4vCGu1t0jmsi_1280.jpg

Eggman confirmed Frozen Fan

tumblr_inline_ofo8r4Vt1U1t0jmsi_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ofo8rg805r1t0jmsi_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ofo8sgcC8U1t0jmsi_1280.jpg

Knuckles' expressions are really funny tbh.

More here: http://mysteriouskusajo.tumblr.com/post/152349306937/sonic-mega-drive-next-level-spoilers

Well, I'm glad someone here posted this for me. I uploaded all of those to my Tumblr but then completely forgot to come here and share a few of them. (I probably should have used my scanner instead of just using my phone, but I'm lazy).

Still waiting on Universe #91 to arrive but from what little I seen, I'm really digging it so far. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Universe 91 and The Next Level just came in for me today.  ...Except The Next Level also came in for me yesterday.  I'm not exactly complaining that I got two copies, but it's...weird? (Especially since yesterday's came packed in cardboard along with my order receipt, while today's was just plastic wrapped like a normal subscription issue.) Has anyone else had something like this happen to them when ordering single issues?

4 hours ago, Spoopy Flare said:

We have a closer look on that Sonic Overdrive cover!

Hide contents

latest?cb=20161027155650

As I mentioned before, it looks GLORIOUS!

Yes. Yes does.

Also, where did that render of Knuckles in your signature come from?